PDA

View Full Version : 3-28-09

Mr. IWS
03-28-2009, 08:05 AM
Karl Garrett

40 DIMER - VILLANOVA WILDCATS....10 DIMERS - CONNECTICUT, & MIAMI HEAT
40 DIMER - VILLANOVA WILDCATS

I told you on Thursday that I thought the wrong team was favored in the Villanova-Duke game, and you saw the result of that one. I also feel the wrong team is favored in this game, as Pittsburgh should definitely have been sent packing by Xavier in the last round, but somehow wiggled off the upset hook.

That won't be the case tonight, as a case can be made that the Wildcats are playing the hottest basketball of the teams remaining in the Big Dance, and after watching them hammer both UCLA, and Duke, you can see that Jay Wright has a very strong, very deep squad that is peaking at the right time.

Obviously these teams are no strangers to one another, playing in the Big East Conference, and the lone meeting this season produced a 'Nova 67-57 home win as the 3 1/2-point home dog. Overall, the Wildcats have caprtured 4 of the last 7 series meetings.

Tough, tough game, but with Pittsburgh having to go to the well now in ALL 3 of their tourney games, I have to side with the surging Wildcats to take this one.

10 DIMER - CONNECTICUT HUSKIES

Can't argue at all with what Mike Anderson, and Missouri have done through 3 rounds of this Big Dance, but I have to believe the end of the road is coming after this 40 minute session.

UConn did not play all that well in their last game against Purdue, and they still won by 12 as the 7-point favorite!

This Hasheem Thabeet is a difference maker, and I don't see anyone on Mizzou that is going to disturb the big man in the paint in this game.

Sure, the points look tempting considering the way the Tigers looked against Memphis, but I do not feel Missouri has another effort like that left in their tank.

UConn to head to Detroit next weekend with the win, and cover.

10 DIMER - MIAMI HEAT

Miami has played 6 of their last 7 on the road, and not surprisingly they are just 2-5 straight up their last 7 games. The Heat should welcome this home game against the slumping Bucks, as Milwaukee is off another loss last night, their 4th in a row both straight up, and against the spread.

Overall, Milwaukee is just 1-9 against the spread their last 10 games, and they are just 1-3 both straight up, and against the spread the last 4 series meetings.

Miami in need of a "get-back-on-track" blowout, and they get it here.

Lay the points.
Today's Complimentary Selection

4th straight comp play winner from the G-Man last night on Arizona-Louisville way OVER the posted total.

Tonight in the NBA, lay the points with Charlotte as they take on the New York Knicks.

New York stopped their 6-game slide with an impressive home win over New Orleans last night, while Charlotte was also busy recording a win, as the Bobcats won outright at Philadelphia to keep their name in the playoff chase.

Charlotte is back home for this one, and they do own a decent 22-15 spread mark on their own hardwood, but better still is their 9-4 spread mark the last 13 times they have faced the Knickerbockers, and the Bobcats just did pick up a 114-105 road outright win at Madison Square Garden back on March 7th.

Larry Brown would love to stick it to his former employer once again, and the G-Man thinks he will do just that.

Play on the Bobcats minus the points.

3? CHARLOTTE
(on a 1? to 5? basis)

Mr. IWS
EZ Winners

Pitt-2

Mr. IWS
The Prezz NA
Villanova r517
+2.0 (-110) / 6 units

Mr. IWS
03-28-2009, 08:48 AM
Maddux Sports

Basketball

#501 - NBA - 3 units on Indiana +8
#513 - NBA - 3 units on Phoenix +8.5
#518 - NCAA - 3 units on Pittsburgh -2

Mr. IWS
03-28-2009, 11:02 AM
BeatYourBookie.com

Daily Premium Hoops & Hockey Winners for Saturday

NCAA Basketball

100* Play Pittsburgh (-2) over Villanova (NCAA)

Pittsburgh is 7-0 SU when playing with one day of rest
Pittsburgh is 7-0 SU when the total posted is between 140 and 149.5
Pittsburgh is 16-0 SU coming off a non-conference game this season
Pittsburgh is 22-1 SU after allowing 55 points or less

100* Play Connecticut (-5.5) over Missouri (NCAA)

Connecticut is 15-0 SU in non-conference games this season
Connecticut is 5-0 SU after covering the spread in 3 of the last 4 games
Connecticut is 18-1 SU coming off a win by 10 points or more
Connecticut is 19-2 SU when playing their 2nd game in a week

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Hoops & Hockey Plays

30* Play Chicago (-8) over Indiana (NBA)

30* Play Calgary (-230) over Minnesota (NHL)

Mr. IWS
03-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Balfe

NBA- Knicks +6.5

NCAA- Pitt -2
NCAA- Missouri/UConn Over 150