04-01-2009, 08:32 AM
The Prezz NA
Texas El Paso -8.5 (-110) / 3 units

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Karl Garrett

30 DIMER - LA LAKERS.....10 DIMER - CHARLOTTE BOBCATS
30 DIMER - LA LAKERS

Milwaukee is fresh off their Monday blowout at New Jersey, but prior to that shocking result, the Bucks had lost 5 in a row, and 7 of 8 straight up, while failing in 8 of their last 9 against the spread!

Into town comes the reeling Lakers who lost on Sunday at Atlanta, and last night at Charlotte. Tonight concludes their 7 game road trip, and I expect LA to head back to tinsel town with a win and cover under their belts.

The Lakers have won the last 2 season series meetings, and while it is the Bucks that have covered the last 4 series meetings, this is just the wrong time for Milwaukee to be playing the Lakers, as those 2 losses the last 4 days are not sitting well with LA as they get set to board their jet back home.

Expect a double-digit win by Los Angeles tonight.

10 DIMER - CHARLOTTE BOBCATS

Don't look now, but Larry Brown is once again working his magic for another franchise. Say what you want about Brown, but he does know how to get a team to play, especially when they are the preceived "underdogs".

Charlotte is on a 6-2 spread run their last 8, and they are fresh off a home upset win over the Lakers last night. Sure, Boston is playing well right now, but the Celtics aren't as tough without KG in the middle, and the Bobcats did beat them outright the last time these teams played, as the underdog is now 12-0 the last 12 series meetings.

Charlotte can smell the postseason, and I give them a shot plus the points tonight to keep things close
Today's Complimentary Selection

G-Man on a 6-2 comp play run the last 8 days.

Take the points tonight as Toronto heads to play a distracted Orlando team.

This is a sandwich game for the Magic, as they just played at Miami on Monday, and will host Cleveland on Friday. Yes, the Magic have won 6 in a row, but they are just 2-3 against the spread in their last 5 games, and with the # 1 seed Cleveland Cavaliers coming to town on Friday, Orlando will allow the Raptors to stay inside of this roomy impost.

Toronto is actually playing some decent ball right now, as the Raptors come to the Sunshine State having won, and covered 4 in a row.

Believe it or not, the Raptors have yet to be eliminated from the postseason chase, so with just a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, look for Toronto to continue their late season surge.

Take the Raptors plus the points.

2? TORONTO
(on a 1? to 5? basis)

Mr. IWS
Maddux Sports

Basketball

#502 - NBA - 3 units on Orlando -10
#510 - NBA - 3 units on Memphis -2.5
#511 - NBA - 3 units on Miami +5

Today's Free Pick is LA Lakers -6.5

Mr. IWS
Insider Sports Report

4* Houston/Phoenix (NBA) UNDER 225
Range: 227 to 223

3* Miami/Dallas (NBA) UNDER 196
Range: 198 to 194

3* Oregon St. +9.5 over U.T.E.P. (NCAAB)
Range: +11 to +7.5

Mr. IWS
Dr. Canada

Game 1 - Islanders/Capitals over 6

Game 2 - Sabres/Thrashers over 6

Game 3 - Flyers/Leafs over 6

Game 4 - NJ Devils -145

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Robert Ferringo

2009 MLB Futures Plays

6-Unit Play. Take Tampa Bay ‘Under’ 89.0 Total Wins (BetCris)

5-Unit Play. Take Toronto ‘Under’ 79.5 Total Wins (Bodog)
Toronto is a very strong ‘Under’ play.

3-Unit Play. Take Milwaukee ‘Under’ 81.5 Total Wins (BetCris)
Writeup to follow.

2.5-Unit Play. Take Atlanta ‘Over’ 83.5 Total Wins (BetCris)

1.5-Unit Play. Take Los Angeles Angels ‘Under’ 88.5 Total Wins

1-Unit Play. Take 'Over' 71.5 Baltimore Total Wins (Bodog)
0.5-Unit Play. Take 'Over' Kansas City 75.5 Total Wins (Bodog)
0.5-Unit Play. Take 'Over' 84.5 Cleveland Total Wins (BetCris)

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Tim Trushel

4/1/09
NBA
20* Featured Play: Toronto +9.5 (501)

4/1/09
NBA
10* New Jersey -1.5 (506)

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Handicapper: Matt Fag ro Sports
Sport: NBA Basketball
Game: Houston Rockets @ Phoenix Suns - Wednesday April 1, 2009 10:05 pm
Pick: 3 units ATS: Houston Rockets +1.5 (-110)

Phoenix has been a great play at home and a great play against on the road recently but I am switching it up here and fading the Suns once again. I played against the Suns in all three of those recent road games and they were fortunate to come away with one cover in those games thanks to an overtime loss by five points in Utah. The first thought here is bounce back since they are back in the US Airways Center but I am not thinking along those lines. That recent three-game skid has put Phoenix four games behind Dallas for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference and while it is not mathematically eliminated, it might as well be. Five of the final seven games are against scrubs so putting together a string to end the year is more than possible. The problem is, the Suns have to bank on Dallas tanking but with the Mavericks playing six of their final eight games at home, including a game against Phoenix, that isn’t likely to happen. So even though it is a big game for Phoenix, I think it is actually bigger for the Rockets. Houston got a shot of momentum last night and it didn’t even play. The Rockets were moved up to first place in the Southwest Division thanks to San Antonio losing to Oklahoma City, at home no less. This is the start of a huge stretch for Houston who plays the Lakers, Blazers and Magic in its next three games so this game is extremely big. The Rockets are well rested as they have played just one game, Saturday’s 110-93 victory over the Clippers, in a week. They considered the break, and its four practice days, useful, but long enough and they are more than ready to get back to playing games. The time off will definitely help more than hurt as rest this time of year is huge. Plus, the Rockets are 4-0 this season when playing with three or more days rest with those wins coming by an average of 16.7 ppg. Phoenix has no doubt been better at home than on the road but a lot of that success has come against bad teams. The Suns are only 12-25 ATS this season against teams with a victorious record and that includes a 7-13 ATS mark at home. They are just 9-20 straight up against teams ranked within the top ten, going 9-20 ATS as well. This includes a 5-10 record against the number in home games so there is no advantage at all for Phoenix to be playing this game at home. The Rockets are 14-5 ATS in their last 19 games as an underdog of fewer than five points and considering their last three road wins have come against San Antonio, Denver and New Orleans, playing in Phoenix, where they have won the last two meetings, is far from intimidating. 3* Houston Rockets

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 01:59 PM
IC - UTEP and Memphis-Wash over both 4's

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Beat Your Bookie

Daily Premium Hoops & Hockey Winners for Wednesday

NCAA Basketball

100* Play UTEP (-9.5) over Oregon State (NCAA)

Oregon State is 4-13 ATS when playing on a Wednesday
Oregon State is 5-27 SU when playing as a road underdog the last 3
seasons
Oregon State is 8-28 SU when the total posted is between 130 and 139.5

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Hoops & Hockey Plays

50* Play Orlando (-10) over Toronto (NBA)

30* Play Philadelphia (-200) over Toronto (NHL)

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Matt Farrgo

8* EASTERN CONFERENCE GOM **85.7% RUN**

8* New Jersey Nets - 1.5

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 03:23 PM
MR EAST

TORONTO RAPTORS at ORLANDO MAGIC
PLAY: 5 UNITS ORLANDO MAGIC -10

The Toronto Raptors have now won 4 games in a row for the first time all season. All that will do is get Orlando's attention, that they need to show up for this one. Toronto is fool's gold here. They have played their last 8 games vs teams under .500 on the season. The real story is when they hit the road vs a team with a winning record, they are 0-14 straight up since Thanksgiving, and 10 of the 14 have been decided by 10 or more, 12 by 9 or more! The average margin of their defeats has been 15ppg. Let's not forget who the real hot team is here, Orlando is 13-2 in their last 15, and went through the month of March undefeated at home. Orlando won the last one here by 23, and would not be surprised to see a similar margin here.The Magic are 51-17 vs an opponent that allowed 100+ in their last game. Orlando big here!

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Jimmy Boyd

NBA Basketball Premium Picks
NBA | Apr 01 '09 (7:35p)

4* Major NBA Public Massacre of the Week on Nets -1.5

Detroit just played a tough one at Cleveland yesterday and it is going to be very tough for the Pistons to bounce back on the road against a Nets team that is coming off its most embarrassing loss of the year. This one is all about pride and I expect the Nets to play with a lot of it tonight to snap a 5-game losing streak. The Favorite is 5-1 ATS in the last 6 meetings and the Nets are 18-6 ATS when playing against a marginal losing team (Win Pct. 40% to 49%) - 2nd half of the season over the last 3 seasons. Take New Jersey.

TOP PLAY =- NBA | Apr 01 '09 (10:05p)

5* 2009 NBA GOTY on Suns -1

The Suns return home after 3 straight road games and 3 straight losses, including a terrible loss to the lowly Kings last time out. The Suns won't quit on this season no matter what and since they are still alive in the playoff race, I expect one of their most motivated efforts of the season tonight. I expect Houston to be much more concerned about its revenge game with the Lakers coming up next as well. Phoenix is 15-4 ATS off an upset loss as a road favorite over the last 3 seasons, winning in these spots by an average score of 107.3 to 99.3 and 8-1 ATS after allowing 120 points or more this season, winning in these spots by an average score of 116.1 to 106.3. Pound the Suns!

College Basketball Premium Picks
NCAA-B | Apr 01 '09 (10:00p)

4* Major CBI Tournament Championship Series BEST BET on UTEP -9

The odds makers have gotten the public on Oregon State with this line which is right where they want them as this one is going to be a rout for UTEP. The Miners are at home and it's a do-or-die game. Oregon State has had the benefit of playing all of its tournament games at home but I expect disaster for the Beavers when it steps out of its routine for the first time since March 11. Oregon State is just 4-10 when playing away from home this season. The Beavers are 2-12 ATS in their last 14 games as an underdog of 7.0-12.5. The Miners are 7-1-1 ATS in their last 9 non-conference games and 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games as a favorite of 7.0-12.5. Lay the points.

Mr. IWS
Cajun Sports

Miami Heat @ Dallas Mavericks
Play: 4* Dallas Mavericks -5

Due to the short turnaround time on the College Tournament Games we do not have a full write-up for our NBA and College Basketball selections. American Airlines Center will be the site of tonight’s east meets west when the Miami Heat faceoff against the host Dallas Mavericks. Dallas owner Mark Cuban loves attention and it appears at the time of this writing that his Mavericks will more than likely be facing the number one seed LA Lakers in the opening round of this year’s Western Conference Playoffs. Even if they are locked into their playoff position a chance at the Heat is one this Mavericks team seems to relish after losing to them in the 2006 NBA Championship. The Mavs have won the last five meetings since that Championship Series by an average of thirteen points per game. The Mavs offense utilizing Dirk Nowitzki has caused huge problems for the Heat defense in fact he made twelve of fourteen shots in the 111 to 96 beating the Mavs put on the Heat back on January 31st. Another key for the Mavs offense is their ability to drain the trey; they average shooting 19 per game and average making 7 which is a huge problem for a Heat defense that allows 39.3 percent from behind the arc. Miami is 7-19 ATS versus teams who attempt at least 18 three-pointers per game and 2-10 ATS during the second half of the season including 11-26 ATS over the last three seasons. Coming off that January 31st loss the Heat may be looking to avenge that loss but we know they are 7-12 ATS revenging a home loss this season and 23-36 ATS the last three seasons in that role. The Heat are 1-6 ATS this season revenging a loss where their opponent scored 110 or more points against them in the loss and 9-18 ATS the last three seasons. Dallas has played very well at home this season posting a record of 26-9 SU and our Math Model projects they will score more than 106 points in this contest and shoot 49 percent from the field which is bad news for the Heat as they are 9-21 ATS when they allow 48 to 51 percent from the field We also note that the Mavs are 17-7-1 ATS when they score more than 104 points in a game. All systems point to a Dallas win and cover over the Miami Heat on Wednesday night in Dallas so lay the short price as the Mavs cash the SU and ATS ticket for us in American Airlines Center tonight.

Graded Selection:
4* Dallas Mavericks 114 Miami Heat 96

Mr. IWS
Marc Lawrence

NBA Game Of The Month

Houston at Phoenix
Play: Phoenix -1.5

The Suns host the Rockets in a key Western Conference clash in Phoenix Wednesday evening. Looking inside this series we find the Suns with a 15-5 ATS mark of late, including 3-0 ATS when playing off back-to-back losses. They are also 14-6 ATS when seeking same season revenge against Houston, including 10-1 ATS when the Rockets own a .570 or great win percentage. On the flip side Houston checks in off a 17-point revenge win over the Clippers with a triple revenge affair up next on deck against the Lakers. The clincher is the Suns' sterling 36-17 ATS mark in games when playing off 3 losses exact, including 12-0-1 ATS against an opponent off a win of more than 10 points. With Phoenix currently 3 games back for the 8th and final spot in the Western Conference playoffs, look for Shaq and the boys to come up with their best effort here tonight. Phoenix is our NBA Game Of The Month.

Mr. IWS
Oscarxena Sports:

520 UTEP -9 -1.09 (3 Unit Play)-In the second game of this best of three series I will once again go with the home team and make a wager on the Miners tonight. UTEP lost the first game after making a valiant comeback from a 21 point second half deficit before falling 75-69. In that game a couple of things drew my attention and that is that UTEP had trouble with OSU's 1-3-1 zone and committed 13 turnovers in the game but they only committed four of those in the second half so they obviously adjusted to the defense. Also UTEP is one of the top teams in the country getting to the FT line as on the year they average 27 attempts per game and in the first game they only attempted 9 FT's. I believe with the home court advantage and the home crowd behind them they will take better care of the ball tonight and also get some easy points at the FT line as well. You saw last night how some teams like San Diego State and Notre Dame who have been playing at home all month struggled on the road and those games were at a neutral court so imagine what the Beavers will be in for tonight as they travel for the first time since taking on USC at their home court on March 7th. Oregon State was only 4-10 SU this year in road games while UTEP was 12-4 SU on their home court. UTEP is 11-4 ATS this year after a non-conference game and in a strange trend Oregon State is 4-13 ATS since 1997 when playing a game on Wednesday. I think all the trends coupled with the intangibles make UTEP a great bet tonight. I almost made this a 4* but I will go with a 3* due to they must cover by double digits here but I do think they will.

Mr. IWS
Adam Meyer
[Wednesday, April 1, 2009 at 10:00 PM]

Utep (-8.5 Points) vs. Oregon State

Today's selections are information based and not analysis-driven.

Play: Utep (-8.5 Points)

[ NBA ]

Adam Meyer
[Wednesday, April 1, 2009 at 7:35 PM]

Boston Celtics (-8 Points) vs. Charlotte Bobcats

Play: Boston Celtics (-8 Points)

[Wednesday, April 1, 2009 at 10:05 PM]

Houston Rockets (+2 Points) vs. Phoenix Suns

Play: Houston Rockets (+2 Points)

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Coglye

12* atl/buff over
8* nj/pit under

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Indian cowboy

5 Unit Play. Take UTEP -9 over Oregon State (Wednesday @ 10pm est). We cashed on a nice Under yesterday in the NIT with Penn State vs. Notre Dame. For today's selection, I think we have an edge in the CBI game today. We rolled with a similar 5* in the total between Richmond/Charleston in the cbi which worked well for us and we look to do the same here. For starters, UTEP is very good at getting revenge against teams they had previously lost to. This is the Game 2 of the CBI Championship of course. Game 1 ended with Oregon State winning 75-69. I've made no secret that I like Oregon State and their coach as I beileve he is incredibly talented and unique. This guy was once a leading financial analyst, turned Brown University Head Coach, then became Oregon State's head coach, and also happens to be the brother in-law for Barack Obama. He is a talented coach and in other fields as well. UTEP will have a decent sized crowd on hand in this game, this is the only game going on in the nation for college basketball as the CBI Championship takes center stage once again and in UTEP's fairness, they were screwed a bit at Oregon State. After all, for a team that lost by 6 points, UTEP only shot 9 free throws (made 8/9 = 88.9%). Oregon State attempted 26 free throws (made 15/26 = 57.7%). UTEP is a 72% FT shooting team and Oregon State is a about 65% on the year. UTEP is the same team that beat UAB at home 70-52 and got revenge from an earlier season loss, this is the same team that beat Texas Tech at home by 18, St. Mary's on neutral floor by 13 and New Mexico on the road by 13. Oregon State struggles against high scoring teams on the road as they are not able to control the pace anymore like they do at home and I think this will hurt them in this contest. The only reason why this team did not break 70 points in Oregon State was the questionable "reffing". This team scored 79 at Nevada when they won outright, 75 against Northeastern and 81 against Richmond. I expect UTEP to have at least 20 free throw attempts in this game (compared to just 9 last game), I expect UTEP to shoot better frome the field and better than 5-18 (27.8%) from 3 point land on their hoem court, while I expect Oregon State to shoot 5-10 less free throws, shoot much worse from the field than the (60.5%) they shot at home and 8-15 (53.3%) fromt 3 point land they shot as well. In short, there are several factors that work in favor of UTEP today including revenge, better FG %, better 3 point %, more free throws at the line, a higher scoring and pace to the game, the home crowd, while Oregon State shoots worse in FG%, 3 point % and has fewer attempts from the line. THere is no guarantee in sports wagering, but this is a solid wager as any as Oregon State lost 69-79 to an Oregon team that plays at a higher pace and who is ranked top 180 - UTEP is ranked top 80. The Beavers are a Road Underdog to a tune of 2-12 ATS in their last 14 games as a Dog of 7 to 12 Points and the Miners are 6-2 ATS as a favorite of 7 to 12.5 points.

4 Unit Play. Take Over 203.5 between Washington Wizards @ Memphis Grizzleis (Wednesday @ 8pm est) (Do some shopping on this line as I see some 203 and even a 202.5 out there, I will keep it as 203.5 for record purposes though). Another winner on the NBA Hardwood for us as we are 5-1 over the last 6 days for 5 of 6 winning days. For today's selection, let's take the Over in Memphis. If you are looking for some good ML plays, take a good look at the Heat as they should be game today or the Raptors who have been surging winning 4 in a row lately (we have rode them twice) as they are catching 10 points in Orlando. As per this over, the last time these two teams met, Memphis won 113-97 on the road as it totaled 210. The total for that game was set at 192. The oddsmakers quickly adjusted that total to 203.5 for this game. I think Washington will remember that loss and will be very game today. Remember, this team is down to its bare minimm in athletes as everyone is banged up from Dixon, to Songaila, James, Haywood, Arenas, Stevenson and Etan Thomas. Heck, this team is running Andre Blatche as its Center for the love of God as all the big men are hurt. In short, this team has to rely on its perimeter shooting if it has any shot, and I like the fact that Butler and Jamison are putting up a ton of shots here. Remember, this didn't stop the Wiz from scoring 115 at Indiana just the other day and short handed or not, with revenge, a ton of perimeter shots, I like the Wiz scoring 100 points here. Not to be out done, the Grizzlies have gone over the last 4 games at home as the game against Portland totaled (195) and I certainly believe a team like Washington who plays much less defense and looking for revenge, accounts for the additional 9 points here as an active dog. We have a nice cross current here as the over is 5-0 for the Wiz as a Small Underdog and the Over is 8-2 for the Grizz as a Small home Favorite.
Good luck,

Indian Cowboy.

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Stephen Nover

Toronto +10

Both teams are playing well. But I'll take this many points with the Raptors in this situation.

Orlando is off a satisfying road victory on Monday against in-state rival Miami. The Magic host the Cavaliers on Friday. That's the game they are thinking about not this one.

The Raptors are healthy. That makes them dangerous because they have talent with Chris Bosh, Jose Calderon and Shawn Marion.

Toronto has won and covered its last four games, all at home. Can the Raptors keep it going on the road?

They are making a late push to entice free agent to be Bosh to stay in Toronto. The Raptors don't play again until Saturday. They should be able to ride their momentum with their talent, energy and catching Orlando in a look-ahead spot.

Houston at Phoenix Over 223

The Suns weren't playing any defense when they still had a chance for the playoffs.

Now that they're four games out of the final playoff spot with eight games left they really aren't going to play any defense.

Unless you consider giving up 126 points to Sacramento, like they did in their last game, playing defense.

I sure don't. The Suns will score, though. They lead the NBA in offense averaging 109 points.

The key question is how many points can the Rockets put up? They beat the Suns, 116-112, at home on March 6.

Based on offensive styles and Phoenix's utter disregard for defense, look for each team to produce at least 112 points.

Yao Ming and Shaquille O'Neal bring out the best in each other. They'll be thinking offense all the way.

The Rockets are averaging 103.7 points and shooting 49.4 percent from the floor since trading Rafer Alston and making Aaron Brooks their starting point guard 20 games ago. Before then, the Rockets were averaging 96.5 points and shooting 44.3 percent from the field.

The Rockets have become more up-tempo with Brooks at the point. They are averaging 10.6 fast-break points compared to 8.5 points when Alston ran the point.

Washington +3

The Wizards are more dangerous with Gilbert Arenas and Caron Butler in the lineup along with Antawn Jamison.

The Wizards have extra motivation for this matchup. Memphis defeated the Wizards, 113-97, at Washington in early February. The Grizzlies' O.J. Mayo made an uncontested dunk shot at the buzzer when the Wizards thought the Grizzlies were just running out the clock with such a big lead.

The Wizards felt disrespected. Washington coach Ed Tapscott also said that game was the Wizards' worst effort.

The Wizards will be up for this game. They catch Memphis returning after a four-game road trip, the last three of which have been on the West Coast. The Grizzlies beat Golden State on Monday night in their last game.

The first home game back from a long trip can often prove tricky, especially for a team as young as the Grizzlies. The start three rookies, a second-year player and third-year man Rudy Gay. The Grizzlies have lost their past six home contests, including games to lowly Sacramento and Oklahoma City.

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 04:56 PM
vegas-runner | NBA Sides

triple-dime bet506 NJN -1.0 (-110) Bodog vs 505 DET
Analysis: *** NBA 3* GAME of the WEEK ***

vegas-runner | NBA Total

double-dime bet512 DAL / 511 MIA Under 197.0 Bodog
Analysis: ** NBA 2* PERSONAL PLAY **
vegas-runner | CBB Total

double-dime bet520 UTEP / 519 Oregon St. Under 134.5 Bookmaker.com
Analysis: ** NCAABB CBI TOP 2* PERSONAL PLAY **

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 04:58 PM
NSA

CBB 20* Texas El Paso -9
CBB 10* Oregon St @ Texas El Paso UNDER 134.5
NBA 10* Charlotte +9.5
NBA 10* Orlando -10
NBA 10* LA Lakers -6.5
NBA 10* Houston +1 free play

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 05:41 PM
John Ryan

Ai Simulator 7* graded play on Buffalo as they travel to face Atlanta. Supporting this graded play is a strong system that has posted a 33-8 mark for 81% winners making 28.3 units since 1996. Play on road teams against the money line after 6 or more consecutive overs and is a quick starting team outscoring opponents by 0.2+ goals/game in first period. Atlanta is 6-24 against the money line (-14.5 Units) against good passing teams averaging 5 or more assists per game this season. Buffalo is 12-3 against the money line (+9.1 Units) after scoring 4 goals or more in a win over a division rival since 1996. Take Buffalo.

Mr. IWS
Fairway Jay

4 units Nets

Mr. IWS
Anthony Redd

25 Dime Oregon State + 9
5 Dime Raptors + 9.5
5 Dime Bobcats + 9
5 Dime Pistons + 1.5
5 Dime Lakers - 6.5

Mr. IWS
Doc

5-Unit Play #503 Take Charlotte +8 ½ Over Boston (7:30 p.m. EST, Wednesday)
Yes, the Bobcats got a huge win over the Lakers last night and this should be a letdown spot, right? Wrong. This Bobcats team can smell the No. 8 playoff spot and are now one game behind the Bulls for that final position. This team is basically already in the playoffs and every night is a must win. That is a great sign for Bobcats backers tonight as this team has had the MO of playing hard all season long and that is why they went from a horrible early-season record to being in the playoff hunt. Plus, this team isn’t going to sit there and celebrate a win over the Lakers like they just won the NBA Finals, this team has actually now swept the Lakers this season and has wins against plenty of strong playoff clubs, including these Celtics. The C’s will be without Kevin Garnett tonight and are just 5-13 ATS without him this season. The Bobcats are 6-2 ATS in their last eight, Boston is 2-9 ATS in their last 11 home games, the Bobcats have covered six of the last seven meetings including both this season and the underdog is 12-0 ATS in the last 12 meetings.

3-Unit Play #507 Take LA Lakers -6 ½ Over Milwaukee (8 p.m. EST, Wednesday)
After two tough losses to playoff-caliber teams we think the Lakers flex their muscle tonight and have a huge game against the Bucks. Milwaukee got a big win last time out over the hapless Nets but in their five previous games, most against the league’s elite (like the Lakers), the Bucks lost all five games by an average of 16 points and their only single-digit loss was to the Raptors, a team not in the playoff hunt. That is the sign of a team that has given up on the season. The Lakers played very motivated teams the last two nights but we think tonight that they will be the motivated team in an attempt to avoid a three-game losing streak and also end the road trip on a positive note. Milwaukee is 2-11 ATS in their last 13 games overall and this is one of the rare cases where we feel there is actually some value on a Lakers side.

3-Unit Play #511 Take Miami +5 ½ Over Dallas (8:30 p.m. EST, Wednesday)
The road team has actually covered six straight meetings in this series (with one push) and we love getting this many points tonight with a solid Miami club against a very inconsistent Dallas team. Miami has a lot to play for as they are the No. 5 seed in the East as it stands now but Philly is just a half game behind them. If they fall to the No. 6 seed that sets up a first round series against Boston or Orlando instead of Atlanta, their projected opponent as the No. 5. That’s a big difference and they know it. If you look at the Mavs recent wins and losses, they have notched wins over teams out of the playoff hunt while they have lost all recent games to playoff clubs. We think that Miami has a very good chance for the straight up win here but this should be a close game and we think the underdog has the value tonight.

4-Unit Play #514 Take Phoenix -1 ½ Over Houston (10 p.m. EST, Wednesday)
Backing another team with major motivation tonight as every game for the Suns from here on out is basically a playoff game as they are barely alive in the race for the last spot in the West. Phoenix is a very good home team (24-13) while the Rockets are just mediocre on the road (18-18). The Suns have lost three straight but all have come on the road. Before that they had won six straight, five of which were at home and three of which were against playoff clubs. Houston has been playing well but they have had a home-heavy schedule lately. The Suns have owned this series against the number, cashing in 10 of the last 13 meetings.

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 05:54 PM
sebass
20* BUFF,COLORADO
20* NETS,CHARLOTTE
50*PHONIX,MEMPHIS,SACRAMENTO
100* STEAM PLAY UTEP

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 06:09 PM
The real animal

Pick title: 2* Milwaukee 'UNDER' 202 1/2
Pick Date: 04/01/2009
Pick description:
Hmm. Think Lamar Odom is letting the cat out of the bag tonight? Here's his comment following last night's 94-84 loss at Charlotte: "How many days has this team been on the road?" he said. "We expect low-scoring games, especially the 12th day on the road. Got to find a way to win them." Tonight the very unrested Lakers finish a 7-game road trip at Milwaukee. They shot 35 percent at Atlanta on Sunday and 39 percent last night in Charlotte. Kobe was 11-of-25 and appears gassed plus physically drained. The Laker reserves were 5-of-22 last night. The 'UNDER' is 13-3 in the last 16 Laker games. They are just counting the days until the playoffs trailing Cleveland now by three games for the best record. Considering the Cavaliers refuse to lose, especially at home, the task of making up those three games in about two weeks seems impossible. Milwaukee has scored in the 80's in 5/8 games recently. They recently held Boston to 77 points in Wisconsin and in their last game limited New Jersey to just 78 on the road. Since going way 'OVER' against the Knicks on March 10th (Animal 5*) this team is 5-0 'UNDER' at home (go figure it). After a 117-109 shootout in the first game of this seven-game road trip, the Lakers have outscored their last five opponents on this trek by a 92-88 verdict (180 average). Milwaukee is 6-2 'UNDER' in their last eight as an underdog. A slight lean to the Bucks here catching points, but the preferred choice is the 'UNDER'.

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Drew Gordon 200*.....
Utep

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 06:27 PM
EZ Winners

3* UTEP Miners -9

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 06:27 PM
New York Players Club

INNER CIRCLE: 20* NBA Charlotte +8.5
SYNDICATE: NBA Houston +1
SYNDICATE: NBA Golden St -8
DATA: NBA Detroit +1

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Kelso 25 unit
Kelso 25 Oregon St +9
10 Memphis

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 06:43 PM
purelock

utep

confirmed

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 06:43 PM
scott rikenbach

utep

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 06:50 PM
NSA's Selection
CBB Oregon St @ Texas El Paso 10:00 PM EST 20* Texas El Paso -9
CBB Oregon St @ Texas El Paso 10:00 PM EST 10* UNDER 134.5
NBA Charlotte @ Boston 7:35 PM EST 10* Charlotte +9.5
NBA Toronto @ Orlando 7:05 PM EST 10* Orlando -10
NBA LA Lakers @ Milwaukee 8:05 PM EST 10* LA Lakers -6.5
NBA Houston @ Phoenix 10:05 PM EST 10* Houston +1

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Akmens nhl

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colorado &

Colorado Over-

Mr. IWS
04-01-2009, 06:57 PM
ATS Lock Club
4 Hornets
3 Mavs

ATS Financial Package
3 Suns
3 Lakers

Mr. IWS
Craig Davis
Wednesday's Lineup
25 Dime ---- UTEP

10 Dime ---- LAKERS

5 Dime ---- ROCKETS

UTEP --- I backed the Miners the other night on the road in Corvallis and came up a little short, so I'm back on their wagon tonight as a heavy favorite at home to win and cover vs. the Beavers.

I have no doubts we're on the right side of this game tonight for a few reasons. First off, revenge. UTEP realizes this is the last home game they will ever play this year and the place will be absolutely packed. I believe home court advantage is more prevalent in the colleges than it is in the NBA, and for some reason UTEP plays a much stronger brand of basketball in their own backyard. Recent home games include a 9-point win over a very good Northeastern team, an 18-point win over UAB, not to mention nearly upsetting the Memphis Tigers. The Miners have a decided scoring advantage over OSU tonight because of the home floor and will exploit the Beavers' ineptitude as a road dog.

As I mentioned in Monday's analysis, the Beavers had gone to overtime in their last two games (prior to Monday's close affair), and neither of those teams (Vermont or Stanford) excited me as much as UTEP did. The Miners are an offensive explosion waiting to happen, and since Oregon State just doesn’t score a bunch, I can see this game getting out of hand rather quickly. I mean, don't you find it rather odd that OSU was a near pick 'em at home, but now that they travel to El Paso they're nearly 10-point dogs. Vegas is just begging you to back the Beavers as the big pup tonight, but I'm not falling for it and neither should you.

UTEP has covered seven of their last nine non-conference games (including one push) and five of their last seven overall. OSU, on the other hand, has failed to deliver the cash in 12 of their last 14 when getting between 7 and 12 points on the road. This game is going to be ALL UTEP, as they roll to an 81-65 home win.

LAKERS --- No doubt the Lakers have been in a funk at the tail end of this monstrous road trip, having scored just 160 points combined in their last two games (that's 80 PPG)!!! But that all ends tonight in Milwaukee as the Bucks don't know the meaning of defense and will find themselves on the losing end of a 20-point game.

I give the Bucks all the credit in the world for trying to hand in there ever since they lost Andrew Bogut and Michael Redd, but top to bottom this team has no business being on the same floor with the Lake-show. Kobe Bryant didn't shoot well in the Lakers last game (at Charlotte), hitting just 11 of 28 shots... and you can bet your bottom dollar he's going to be more aggressive in his passes tonight to try and get more of his teammates involved. When Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom are getting layups, this team wins... and the only way that's going to happen is for Bryant to pass out of expected double teams and find the open man.

The Bucks are riding high after their impressive road win in New Jersey, but let's not forget that they dropped their previous five games and seven of their last eight before that. The Lakers are holding on to their slim chances of catching Cleveland for the best record in the NBA and they'll get a half-step closer tonight with an easy win over the Bucks on the road, 109-91.

ROCKETS --- Without Leandro Barbosa in the lineup tonight (it's not official yet but it's expected), the Suns have no business being favored in this game, no matter where it's being played. Yes, I realize Phoenix is fighting for their playoff lives tonight, but they are a full four games behind the Mavs for the 8th and final playoff spot in the west and even if they win every game the rest of the season I don't believe the Mavs are going to fold. Phoenix, for all intents and purposes, is playing for next year.

There aren't many people in the NBA who are capable of slowing down Shaquille O'Neal, even at his age. But Yao Ming presents a challenge unlike many he's seen this year. Yao is actually taller than Shaq and has enough body mass to at least get in the big fellas' way, burning a few fouls and making him earn some points at the free throw line. Shaq will likely see about 30-35 minutes tonight as the Suns try to keep him fresh for the stretch run. You see, this game tonight will be all about tempo and freshness. The Suns are a veteran team with aging stars while the Rockets are a youthful, more energetic team that can go to the bench without skipping a beat.

In the end, the Rockets will be fresher and prove their worth in a very heated Western Conference. I can't believe I'm saying this, but they look better without T-Mac in the lineup. The road team has covered 13 of the last 18 meetings between these two and the Rockets have covered four of their last five as an underdog. Too much talent in Houston for the Suns to contest with tonight. Houston walks out of the desert with a 111-106 victory.

Mr. IWS
Young Guns From North Coast Comm Line
23-10 on 4* NBA Totals According to Tape
4* over 203 Magic/Raptors