PDA

View Full Version : Cro Cop back in the UFC

Mr. IWS
05-20-2009, 10:21 AM
MIRKO FILIPOVIC will return to the Octagon against Mustapha Al-Turk in June — before setting his sights on heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar.

The Croatian star battles promising British fighter Al-Turk at UFC 99 in Germany after a 21-month absence from the promotion.

. . .

Cro Cop defeated Eddie Sanchez via TKO on his Octagon debut but his second fight in the cage saw him famously knocked out with a head kick by Gabriel Gonzaga.

He then lost a unanimous decision to Cheick Kongo at UFC 75 in September 2007, which appeared to be his last appearance for Dana White's company.

. . .

Cro Cop said: "I decided to fight in the UFC again because of the stronger competition in the heavyweight division.

"My next opponent will be Al-Turk. I didn't do well in my first three appearances — I wasn't myself.

"By returning to the cage I want to prove I can still fight at the highest level, no matter when or where."

UFC 99 will be Cro Cop's first fight this year and he wants two further bouts before the end of 2009, with Lesnar among his targets.

He added: "It's hard to talk about concrete plans but I would really like to fight at least three times this year.

"I wish to fight against quality opponents and to fight my way up to a title shot.

"But for now, I'll focus only on my next fight and after that we'll see what's going to be next on the menu.

"I want to say thank you Mr White for your interest and the invitation back to the UFC.

"I owe you a lot from our first deal and I'll make it up to you."

Luke
05-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Dude will never beat Lesnar or Mir

Cro Cop hasnt looked good in the octagon yet

Mr. IWS
05-20-2009, 02:49 PM
I saw Herring dropped out of his fight with Cain Velasquez. I would love to see them to right, and see if Cro Cop got his heart back.

Luke
05-20-2009, 02:57 PM
I saw Herring dropped out of his fight with Cain Velasquez. I would love to see them to right, and see if Cro Cop got his heart back.

I dont know if he'd want that fight .Of course who would?

Luke
05-26-2009, 01:13 AM

Looks like Cheick Kongo will be now facing Cain

Mr. IWS
05-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Cain via ground and pound. If he trys to stand with Congo, could be a short night.