PDA

View Full Version : Kimbo Slice going to be in The Ultimate Fighter

Luke
06-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Mixed martial arts heavyweight Kimbo Slice may be returning to television as part of UFC's "The Ultimate Fighter" reality series, Yahoo! Sports reported.

According to the report, UFC president Dana White, who has repeatedly scorned Slice's fighting skills, confirmed Slice will be of one 16 contestants appearing in the series.

"It should be interesting, given some of the things I've said about him," White said, according to the report.

Slice (3-1), who rose to prominence via Internet footage of his street brawls, turned pro and fought on national television as part of the now-defunct Elite XC circuit. In his last bout, on Oct. 4, he was stopped in 14 seconds by last-minute replacement Seth Petruzelli. Shortly afterward, Elite XC went out of business.

White pledged "some major surprises" for "The Ultimate Fighter" last Thursday, when he announced that former UFC light heavyweight champions Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Rashad Evans would serve as coaches for the 16 fighters on the show, Yahoo! Sports reported.

In the show, the 16 fighters live together and fight each other, with the eventual champion winning a UFC contract.

White earlier had insisted he would not allow Slice into UFC unless he won his way onto the show by competing on "The Ultimate Fighter," according to the report.

Luke
06-02-2009, 12:46 PM
He's going to get exposed as even more of a fraud imo.

Mr. IWS
06-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Holy shit, cant believe he is still doing MMA. I hope he does well, but I dont think he will.

Mr. IWS
06-02-2009, 01:29 PM
this will have record ratings for sure. I read that Bobby Lashley was interested in doing Tuf also. That would be cool if he got on too.

Mr. IWS
06-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Sherdog forum is going crazy of this news...LOL

Luke
06-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Sherdog forum is going crazy of this news...LOL

I just seen the odds for Kimbo to win they were +500000 ::lmao::

Mr. IWS
06-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Ill but 10 bucks on that just for the hell of it...LOL

Luke
06-03-2009, 10:39 PM