Mr. IWS
06-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Brandon Lang

Monday ...
5 Dime Rockies

5 Dime Mets

5 Dime Cubs

Analysis due back by 4 p.m. eastern

FREE - Giants (see daily video for your analysis)

Note: It's always frustrating to lose a top play like I did with the Twins yesterday.

It also doesn't help matters when I hear the Twins manager says after the game his second baseman didn't get over to first in time to cover a first inning bunt and my outfielder didn't make a catch two batters later he should have made.

I always say you just hope PAF - Professional Athlete Failure - doesn't get you when you release a top play. You just hope everyone does the job they’re paid to do and all that starts well ends well.

But a few mental errors here and there can cost you in a New York second, just as they did in the first inning for me with the Twins yesterday. My best hitter came in batting over .400 and he goes 0-for-4 and it added up to a big top play loss.

Got a little back with the White Sox and the Dodgers but again, no excuse for a team at home like Minnesota to not cover the lead-off bunt, not catch a fly ball and next thing you know you are down 3-0 when you should have been out of the inning scoreless.

Not making excuses for the play. I loved the play. Just would have liked to see the Twins execute a little better for me right from the start and not the way it actually unfolded.

Not happy about the loss but I am happy about the nice dog winner on the Dodgers, the nice dog winner on the White Sox and about a solid 6-3 run the last three days.

I just keyed the Twins instead of the Dodgers or the White Sox yesterday and it cost me a third straight winning day.

However, winning tonight makes it three of four winning days, gives me a positive bankroll over the last four days and gets back my profits I lost with the Twins yesterday.

Let's go to work.

Mr. IWS
06-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Ben Burns

ATLANTA BRAVES 9* PERSONAL FAVORITE