07-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Savannah Sports
Todays MLB (Best Bet)

4 (****) LAA Under 9

3 (***) Colorado -135

Mr. IWS
07-12-2009, 11:10 AM
charlie

mlb. dodgers @ milwaukee under 8 runs ( 500*).
mlb. reds-120 (30*)
mlb. twins-120 (20*)
mlb. giants-145 (20*)
mlb. cubs+110 (10*)
mlb. yankees-145 (10*) free play

Mr. IWS
07-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Craig Davis
Sunday's Lineup

40 Dime ---- TIGERS (With Verlander) -1 1/2 RUN LINE over INDIANS (With Ohka)

TIGERS (ON THE RUN LINE) ---- Much like my 100-dime winner on the Tigers less than a week ago, I'm going right back to Justin Verlander at home for a fairly big play... and it's my only play of the day. It's not like there's much more I can say about Verlander today that I didn't say in my analysis for the 100-dime winner. Guys, Verlander absolutely dominates at home, and if it weren't for one very lucky double down the left field line with the bases loaded by David DeJesus, Verlander would have basically pitched a shutout for six or seven innings. At home, for whatever reason, Verlander is nearly unstoppable and will have no problem proving it again today vs. the Cleveland Indians... another team he has dominated when pitching against them at home.

When you think of Verlander, you probably think of his rather high ERA over his last three or four games, but what you don't seem to understand is that the poor outings were all on the road. Make no mistake about it, if this game were on the road there is absolutely no way I would be offering a play on it. But this game is at Comerica... a park in which he has been a monster. Let's just take a quick peek at what he's been able to accomplish when pitching at Comerica: 7 starts, 5 wins, no losses, 46.1 innings pitched, 30 hits, 16 walks (0.96 WHIP), 8 ERs (1.54 ERA) and 62 strikeouts (more than one per inning). Folks, those numbers don't happen all that often and when you see a situation present itself like this one today, you have to jump all over it.

Bottom line on Verlander, he doesn't lose at home and the Tigers seem to be giving him all the run support he needs to be successful in those games... nothing changes today.

Cleveland counters with Tomo Ohka, and this guy has been an absolute mess this year, posting a 5.65 ERA and a 1.47 WHIP. Ohka has yet to win a single game this year and has failed to live up to expectations vs. Detroit in his career. Get this... Ohka's numbers vs. the Tigers in his career are as follows: 0-2 record with an 8.49 ERA and a 1.90 WHIP while Detroit hitters batted .327 vs. Ohka. He's struck out only 10 batters in 2009 with 9 walks, telling me he's allowing too many hits to too many batters. Absolutely nothing will change today in Motown and you'll not only see Verlander dominate another home start, but you'll see the Indians' bats completely fall asleep while you will see the Detroit bats light up vs. Ohka.

Detroit is 26-13 so far this season when playing at home while Cleveland is a dismal 16-28 on the road. The Indians haven't been very successful recently, winning just 6 of their last 23 games while Detroit appears to be headed in the right direction, winning 11 of their last 13 home games and 10 of their last 13 on Sunday. Let's end the first half of the baseball season with a bang!! Take Detroit on the run line as your one and only play of the day.

Mr. IWS
07-12-2009, 11:45 AM
IC is 10-10 his last 20 games in MLB ....

Handicapper: IndianCowboy
Sport: MLB Baseball
Game: Washington Nationals @ Houston Astros - Sunday July 12, 2009 2:05 pm
Pick: 4 unit(s) TOTAL: Under 9.5 (-120) (Play of the Day)

4 Unit Play. Take Under 9.5 between Washington Nationals @ Houston Astros (Sunday @ 2:05pm est). Let's take the Under between the Nats and Astros in Houston today. I've always said that Sunday baseball has yielded more unders than any other day from what I have tracked over the past four seasons. And, considering, I love unders on the diamond, it makes sense for us to ride two unders today. You notice that over 66% are riding Houston over Washington today as the line is essentially even for both teams? This indicates Vegas expects a solid start from Zimmerman which is why Houston is not a bigger favorite. Zimmerman has put together 5 straight quality starts and had given up 7 runs in 30 innings. His last start was a bit shaky as he gave up 7 hits in 4 innings and the Nats ended up losing the contest 4-5 on the road to the Rockies. I expect the Z to have a good game today as he likely bounces back well today. All in all, Moehler has done well for the Astros this year. Yes, he is 5-5 and has a 5.65 era, but the North Carolina native is coming around as he has put together 4 of 5 quality starts. He comes off a loss against Pittsburgh at home when the 'Stros lost 3-6 as he gave up 4 runs in 6 innings. I look for him to have a sound bounce-back at home as well as this game will likely in favor of the pitchers. The Under is 11-2 for the Nats following a win and the Under is 9-2-3 for the Astros when they face a pitcher with a WHIP greater than 1.30.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IndianCowboy Winning Records:
All Sports All Picks 208-182 (53%) +51.7
All Sports Play of The Day 316-276 (53%) +64.7
MLB All Picks 56-37 (60%) +67.3

Handicapper: IndianCowboy
Sport: MLB Baseball
Game: Florida Marlins @ Arizona Diamondbacks - Sunday July 12, 2009 4:10 pm
Pick: 4 unit(s) TOTAL: Under 8.5 (100) (Play of the Day)

4 Unit Play. Take Under 8.5 between the Florida Marlins @ Arizona Diamondbacks (Sunday @ 4:10pm est). What's nice about this contest is that both pitchers have faced the opposing teams this year. And, they both lost. Thus, it makes for a sort of revenge that these pitchers have against the opposing teams. Johnson gave up just 2 runs in over 6 innings to the Dbacks back on 5/19 and fell short 3-5. The young man from Minneapolis has been huge this year as has put together more than 10 straight quality starts and has a 7-2 record with a 2.82 era. He is one of the key reasons why the Marlins are in the hunt for the NL East title. Tack his revenge on the fact he comes off just his second loss of the year as he gave up 3 runs in 7 innings to the Giants on the road - but the Marlins were not able to gear up any offense and lost 0-3. I like the fact the Dbacks are Underdogs at home for this game as Davis usually plays well with a chip on his shoulder. Bear in mind he has been rock solid lately putting together four straight quality starts giving up 4 runs in 28 innings. In fact, Davis has been great all year as its the Dbacks offense that has struggled. Davis has a 2.97 era this year with 84 strikeouts as the 33 year old California native still proves that he can be highly effective. The Under is 7-1-1 for the Dbacks when the total is set at this range and the Under is 5-0 when the Marlins have faced a left handed starter of late.

Mr. IWS
07-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Jeff Benton

Sunday's 25 Dime MLB winner ...
25 Dime: YANKEES (over Angels) ... NOTE: List only CC Sabathia as New York's starting pitcher. If Sabathia does not start, this play is VOID!

Yankees

I know the Yankees have blown multiple-run leads and lost big in the first two games of this series in Anaheim. However, unlike this afternoon, they also didn’t have CC Sabathia on the mound in either of those contests.

Don’t look now, but Sabathia is starting to round into form. He rebounded from a terrible home start against Seattle 10 days ago – no surprise there, as nobody has pitched well at new Yankee Stadium – with a sensational outing against the Twins on Tuesday. In that contest, he gave up just one run on three hits and a walk in seven innings, with New York rolling to a 10-2 victory. In his previous road start a week earlier, he put up an identical one-run, three-hit, seven-inning effort at the Mets, and the Yanks rolled 9-1.

Sabathia is now 6-3 with a 2.98 ERA in 10 road starts (compared with 2-2 with a 4.55 ERA at home). And if you take out a six-run, 4 1/3-inning disaster in his Yankee debut at Baltimore on Opening Day, Sabathia is 6-2 on the highway and given up just 16 earned runs in 62 1/3 innings (2.31 ERA) with a 52-12 strikeout-to-walk ratio. Also, five of his six road wins been blowouts (6-1 at Kansas City, 4-0 at Baltimore, 10-5 at Cleveland, 9-1 at the Mets, 10-2 at the Twins).

But here’s what really makes Sabathia appealing today: He’s facing an Angels lineup that, yes, has scored 24 runs in the first two games of this series, but it’s still a lineup that’s been completely decimated by injuries recently. Just this week, L.A. was forced to put sluggers Torii Hunter and Vlad Guerrero on the DL, and then in Friday’s 10-6 win over New York, the Halos’ hottest hitter – outfielder Juan Rivera – strained a hamstring and had to leave the game. Rivera didn’t play Saturday and with the All-Star break coming up, I highly doubt Mike Scioscia will put him on the field today.

That leaves Kendry Morales and Mike Napoli as the only power bats in the L.A. lineup. And while Napoli, who had a big game Saturday, is a stud, Morales is a switch-hitter who has been dreadful from the right side this year (.213, 0 HR, 5 RBI in 61 at-bats) but torrid when batting lefty (.303, 15 HR, 44 RBI). Well, we all know Sabathia is a southpaw, one of the nastiest in the game, meaning Morales will spend most of the day in the right side of the batter’s box.

Finally, a quick word about Angels starter John Lackey. Normally one of the better, more consistent right-handers in the game, he simply has not been himself this year. First, he missed the first six weeks of the season while recovering from a shoulder injury, and since returning, he’s gone 3-4 with a 5.18 ERA 11 starts, with the Angels going 5-6 in those 11 games. He’s also 1-3 with a 5.46 ERA in four home starts, including an 8-5 loss to Texas on Tuesday when he gave up six runs in 4 2/3 innings.

The Halos have now lost six of Lackey’s last seven home starts since late last year, and the hard-throwing Texan is just 4-7 with a 4.81 ERA in 15 lifetime starts against the Yankees

Bottom line: Despite roughing up Andy Pettitte in the fifth inning on Saturday, Los Angeles is still barely hitting .250 against left-handed pitching at home this year and it was hitting .216 vs. lefties over a 10-game stretch prior to Saturday’s contest. Thus, I see no reason why Sabathia – who is five times the pitcher Pettitte is at this point in their respective careers – wouldn’t easily handle the Angels’ “B” lineup. I also see no reason why the surging Yankees offense (.303 team average last 10 games) won’t tee off on Lackey.

Behind their high-priced ace and their slugging third baseman (A-Rod has homered three times in the last two days), the Bronx Bombers will avoid the sweep today and they -- and us! -- will head into the All-Star break with an easy win.

Mr. IWS
07-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Doc's Sports

3-Unit Play Take #958 Houston Astros -115 over Washington Nationals (2:05p.m.)

3-Unit Play Take #963 Florida Marlins -120 over Arizona Diamondbacks (4:10p.m.)

3-Unit Play Take #976 Minnesota Twins -125 over Chicago White Sox (2:10.p.m.)

Mr. IWS
07-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Tim Trushel

20* under twins

Mr. IWS
07-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Teddy Covers

Big Ticket Nationals

Mr. IWS
Chris Jordan
Sunday's winner ...

200? ST. LOUIS CARDINALS (LIST Wainwright) - Okay, so here's my problem ... the original plan was to have Hill start the early game and to have Zambrano toe the rubber against Wainwright in the nightcap on national television.

But then Lou Pinella opts against it, and switches his two starters for the day, putting his ace on the hill in the first game (scratching my temple), hmmm. I don't get it.

Perhaps it's because Zambrano has been drilled by the Redbirds the last three times he's faced them, giving up 24 earned runs in those starts, spanning just 13 innings of work.

Perhaps it's because he is 0-2 in his last six starts leading up to this one.

Whatever the case, he didn't want him pitching on national television against Wainwright and being embarrassed ... or, embarrassing the Cubs any further against their arch-rival.

So how come I am not going against Chicago in the early game? Well, I want the Cardinals to soften Zambrano up, get to the bullpen and get motivated for the nightcap on ESPN.

Then I bank on Wainwright, who is 3-0 in his last five starts against Chicago, having allowed just nine earned runs over 33 innings in those games. The St. Louis right-hander is going for his 10th win of the season, and should be in a comfort zone on the road, where he is 6-1 this season.

He comes in on a 4-1 run in his last six starts, in which he's boasting a rather respectable 2.64 ERA.

I'm taking Wainwright here, as he'll dominate this lineup and secure the win.

Mr. IWS
Tony Weston
Tony Weston SUNDAY'S PLAYS 35 Dime Dodgers

Dodgers at Brewers
DODGERS - The Dodgers stumbled just a little yesterday, but will pick up the third game in this series with a solid win at the Brewers.

Despite yesterday’s loss the Dodgers are still 6-3 their last 9 games and now get to battle a Brewers team that’s just 3-7 its last 10 games.

Consider, too, going back to last season the Dodgers have gone 5-2 their last 7 games against the Brewers and are 3-1 their last 4 in Milwaukee.

On the mound, though, is where you’ll have your biggest difference. Over his last 6 starts, Brewers scheduled starter Yovani Gallardo has just two wins. On the other side, the Dodgers have been on fire with Clayton Kershaw on the mound.

Los Angeles is on a perfect 5-0 run with Kershaw on the mound and will make it 6-for-6 today.

Pencil in Kershaw as your starting pitcher and take the Dodgers on the road in this one

Mr. IWS
07-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Stu's 1000 Dime Baseball

ROYALS @ RED SOX 1:35ET
HATE LAYING A 140 AND A RUN AND A HALF BUT IN THIS GAME I WILL. THE BEST TEAM IN THE AL THIS YEAR WILL END THE FIRST HALF ON A WINNING NOTE. CHEN HAS NOT WON A START THIS YEAR 0-3 WITH AN ERA OF 6.88 AND WILL GET SHELLED TODAY. BECKETT WILL DO WHAT HE DOES. 10-3 ON THE YEAR, HIS TEAM HAS WON 13 OF HIS 17 STARTS. HE IS 3-0 LIFETIME AGAINST KC AND 5-0 AT HOME THIS YEAR. HE HAS WON HIS LAST 2 DECISIONS AND WILL WIN TODAY.
RED SOX ON A RUN LINE FOR A 1000 DIME SELECTION

Stu's 1000 Dime Baseball #2

WHITE SOX @ TWINS 2:10 ET
BUEHRLE IS HAVING A GREAT YEAR 9-2 WITH AN ERA OF 3.14. HIS TEAM HAS WON 13 OF 17 STARTS. HE OWNS THE TWINS 23-13 LIFETIME AND 2-0 SO FAR THIS YEAR. HE IS 4-1 ON THE ROAD AND HAS WON HIS LAST 2 DECISIONS. BAKER HAS BEEN INCONSISTANT 6-7 ON THE YEAR AND HIS LAST 14 INNINGS HIS ERA IS 5.79. THAT WILL NOT GET IT DONE HERE.
WHITE SOX +110 FOR A 1000 DIME SELECTION

Stu's 1000 Dime Baseball #3

CARDS @ CUBS GAME 2 8:05 ET
THE LAST GAME BEFORE THE ALL STAR BREAK WILL BE A WIN FOR ST LOUIS. WAINWRIGHT WILL SHUT DOWN CHICAGO AND GET HIS 10TH VICTORY OF THE YEAR. HIS NUMBERS ARE SOLID 9-5 WITH AN ERA OF 3.09. HIS TEAM HAS WON 12 OF HIS 18 STARTS THIS YEAR AND HE IS 2-0 AGAINST CHICAGO THIS YEAR. IN HIS LAST 24 INNINGS HE HAS ALLOWED ONLY 3 EARNED RUNS PITCHING TO AN ERA OF 1.13. WELLS HAS PITCHED GREAT OF LATE BUT WILL GET SHELLED AT HOME TONIGHT.
CARDS +110 FOR A 1000 DIME SELECTION

Mr. IWS
Robert Ferringo

2.5-Unit Play. Take N.Y. Yankees (-135) over L.A. Angels

2-Unit Play. Take Florida (-115) at Arizona

1.5-Unit Play. Take San Francisco (-130) over San Diego

1-Unit Play. Take Colorado (-135) over Atlanta

1-Unit Play. Take Tampa Bay (-1.5, +110) over Oakland

1-Unit Play. Take Houston (-110) over Washington

Today's Totals

3.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 9.0 N.Y. Yankees at L.A. Angels
2.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 8.5 Florida at Arizona
2-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 8.0 San Diego at San Francisco
1.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 8.0 Cincinnati at N.Y. Mets
1-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 10.0 Atlanta at Colorado
1-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 8.5 Chicago White Sox at Minnesota

Doubleheader System Plays
1-Unit Play. Take St. Louis (+130) over Chicago Cubs
1.5-Unit Play. Take St. Louis (+105) over Chicago Cubs
1-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 9.0 St. Louis at Chicago Cubs
1.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 8.5 St. Louis at Chicago Cubs
NOTE: DON’T PLAY THESE GAMES AT THE SAME TIME. THIS IS A DOUBLEHEADER CHASE.

Mr. IWS
Lou Panelli

20* MLB Seattle under 8.5(100 Dime VEGAS KEY INFO)
10* MLB Mets under 8
10* MLB Detroit over 9
10* MLB Tampa Bay over 8.5
10* MLB Baltimore -120
10* MLB Cubs -145(Game 1)

Mr. IWS
07-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Lenny Del Genio

MLB Oddsmaker Mismatch 18-9 TY

Oddsmaker Mismatch - Florida Marlins

Mr. IWS
07-12-2009, 12:58 PM