PDA

View Full Version : 8-2-09

Mr. IWS
08-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Fellas. You could really help out our forum by voting for us by going to this page and clicking the link below

http://www.investwithsports.com/toplist

then click on the little button that says, sports100.

There are no pop-ups or anything like that, and it helps us get more traffic to the forum.

Thanks a lot.

Mr. IWS
08-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Larry Ness

25* Minnesota Twins

Mr. IWS
08-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Burns 10*

GOM YANKEES

Mr. IWS
08-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Ben Burns

ATLANTA BRAVES (Jurrjens)-125 over Los Angeles Dodgers (Billingsley)

Reason: I'm playing on ATLANTA. After getting blanked 5-0 in Friday's series opener, the Braves bounced back with a 4-3 victory yesterday afternoon. I feel that they've got an excellent shot at building on that effort and coming away with a victory in this evening's finale. While both have strong overall stats, Jurrjens has been much better than Billingsley lately. Over his last three starts, Jurrjens has gone 2-0 with an outstanding 1.37 ERA and 0.813 WHIP. For the season, Jurrjens has a 2.51 ERA in 11 home starts, giving up only two home runs in that entire stretch. Billingsley comes in with a respectable 3.96 ERA. It used to be a lot better though, as he's been getting pounded recently. The Dodgers lost Billingsley's last start by a score of 10-0. He allowed six earned runs and issued six walks. He's now 1-2 with a terrible 9.45 ERA and 2.024 WHIP his last three starts. Billingsley has also had real problems with the Braves. In two career starts against them, he's gone 0-2 with an ugly 7.84 ERA and 2.033 WHIP. Conversely, Jurrjens is 2-0 with an excellent 1.38 ERA in two starts vs. the Dodgers. These pitchers faced each other last summer. Jurrjens was sharp. Billingsley was not. Atlanta won by a score of 9-3. With Jurrjens currently in much better form, I'm backing the Braves to do it again here. *NL Best Bet