PDA

View Full Version : Mark Coleman/Forrest Griffen VS Tito Ortiz

SPX
08-11-2009, 03:21 PM
I've heard that this match is official and will be Tito's first fight back.

Anyone think Coleman has much of a chance in this one? What kind of odds should we expect?

Mr. IWS
08-11-2009, 03:31 PM
I like Tito in this one. I think the line would be around -200 in favor of Tito.

Luke
08-11-2009, 04:51 PM
I backed Coleman against Bonnar and have watched Coleman for years but I dont think he stands a chance in this one . When Coleman beat Bonnar it was because Bonnar was an overrated fighter who isnt a top level fighter ,Tito who may not be a top 5 fighter is a top 10 fighter and will be to much for Coleman .

I think Ortiz will be somewhere in the -450 range as a favorite and at those odds it would be a no bet on either side for me

Luke
08-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Odds out

Ortiz -360

Coleman +270

I actually thought this would be a little higher

Mr. IWS
08-27-2009, 07:03 AM
Wow. I didnt think they would be this high with Coleman coming off a win, and Ortiz off a long layoff.

If this was in the -200 to -250 range, I would be on Ortiz.

Luke
08-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Wow. I didnt think they would be this high with Coleman coming off a win, and Ortiz off a long layoff.

I figured it was going to be high .I actually am thinking of still taking Ortiz if the line goes down to the -315 to -325 range

natman2939
08-28-2009, 11:19 PM

exactly my thoughts. It's as if I said it myself

Mr. IWS
10-06-2009, 08:48 AM
::jerk::

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Mark-Coleman-pulls-out-of-fight-with-Tito-Ortiz-at-UFC-106.html

It appears that UFC Hall-of-Famer, Mark Coleman, may have pulled out of his upcoming fight against Tito Ortiz at UFC 106. In a tweet posted just minutes ago, Ortiz revealed the situation:

"Coleman,coleman,coleman to bad he sissies out!!! Who's next??? I'm kicking someone's ass on Nov21st!"

Ortiz was scheduled to make his Octagon return against the former champion, but in light of these recent updates the UFC may be scrambling to find him a new opponent. Rumors indicate that Ortiz may fight Forrest Griffin, who has said that he is looking to return to the Octagon. However, there has been no formal talk yet.

The cause for Coleman's apparent removal from the card remains unknown at this time.

Ortiz (15-6-1) left the UFC in March of 2008 amidst a flurry of controversy and bad blood. The former UFC light-heavyweight champion became embroiled in a feud with UFC President Dana White who choose not to resign the popular fighter after his contract expired following a loss to current champion Lyoto Machida.

Ortiz briefly flirted with a number of organizations, from EliteXC to Strikeforce and Affliction, but eventually patched things up with White and chose instead to come back to the only organization he's ever fought for.

We'll have more on this developing story as soon as details become available.

Luke
10-06-2009, 01:25 PM
I would say Coleman pulled out due to some fake injury .

The real reason being imo Dana White doesnt want this match to happen because he wants Coleman to win a couple more fights before retiring due to the fans liking him and fighting Ortiz was a no win situation for Coleman

SPX
10-06-2009, 01:50 PM

The real reason being imo Dana White doesnt want this match to happen because he wants Coleman to win a couple more fights before retiring due to the fans liking him and fighting Ortiz was a no win situation for Coleman

If Dana didn't want it to happen then why did the match get made in the first place? I would assume that Dana and Joe Silva coordinate in matchmaking, especially in fights of this magnitude. But of course that's speculation.

zY|
10-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Am I the only one who thought Coleman had a real shot at this? Tito's game is wrestling and GNP and Coleman is and will always be better at that.

SPX
10-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Am I the only one who thought Coleman had a real shot at this? Tito's game is wrestling and GNP and Coleman is and will always be better at that.

Maybe a shot, but Coleman is not the fighter he once was. These days he looks good FOR AN OLD MAN but he no longer looks like an elite fighter.

Everyone thought Bonnar would steamroll him, and he beat Bonnar, which was a solid win. But Bonnar is very much of a middle-of-the-road fighter, while Tito looked good against Machida not TOO long ago.

Luke
10-06-2009, 03:17 PM

If Dana didn't want it to happen then why did the match get made in the first place? I would assume that Dana and Joe Silva coordinate in matchmaking, especially in fights of this magnitude. But of course that's speculation.

It was just my opinion. Dana's in the business to make money and if Coleman gets killed by Ortiz then he's not marketable anymore. If Coleman wins some fights against has beens he can make money off him for a couple more fights

I think Coleman had a zero chance against Ortiz and I bet him against Bonnar

SPX
10-06-2009, 03:28 PM
We need Coleman/Couture. I think the time is right.

zY|
10-06-2009, 04:46 PM

After he loses to Vera.

And I agree that Coleman shouldn't beat Tito, but who knows what Tito's condition will be. He hasn't fought in a year and a half and is coming off major back surgery. Not that it matters now.

Luke
10-07-2009, 01:02 AM

I'd like to see that match.

I would also like to see Forrest step in for Coleman and fight Ortiz again

Mr. IWS
10-07-2009, 08:58 AM
If Hendo gets his contract right, and doesnt want to fight Marquardt, I wouldnt mind seeing him fight Tito.

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Tito vs. Griffen now. Fight is a tossup for me.

Former light heavyweight champions Tito Ortiz and Forrest Griffin will meet in the co-main event at UFC 106 “Lesnar vs. Carwin” on Nov. 21 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. Yahoo! Sports was first to report the rematch on Thursday.

Ortiz won a controversial split decision over Griffin the first time the two met at UFC 59 in April 2006.

The 34-year-old Ortiz, who underwent back surgery a year ago, has not competed since he dropped a unanimous decision to reigning light heavyweight king Lyoto Machida at UFC 84 in May 2008. Though he was dominated for much of the match, he nearly submitted the unbeaten Brazilian with a third-round triangle choke, reminding his detractors that he remains a viable threat at 205 pounds.

Once the poster boy of the UFC, Ortiz has not won a fight since he stopped UFC hall of famer Ken Shamrock on strikes nearly three years ago. Still, the flamboyant Californian counts victories against Brazilian legend Wanderlei Silva, one-time International Fight League champion Vladimir Matyushenko and former UFC titleholders Vitor Belfort and Evan Tanner among his 15 career wins. Five of Ortiz’s six career defeats have come to current or former UFC champions.

After back-to-back wins over Mauricio “Shogun” Rua and Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, Griffin ran aground. He relinquished the UFC light heavyweight crown to Rashad Evans in December and suffered an embarrassing knockout loss to middleweight titleholder Anderson Silva at UFC 101 two months ago. Based out of Xtreme Couture Mixed Martial Arts in Las Vegas, the 30-year-old Griffin had never before lost back-to-back bouts.

SPX
10-09-2009, 10:54 AM
I don't like it.

I wanted Tito to look good his first time out, but Forrest really needs a win. I like Forrest more, so I guess I gotta pull for him.

zY|
10-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Yeah they both need a win. I don't like it either.

cward81386
11-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Im shocked tito is the dog... I mean Forrest could out point him, but I just don't think it is going to happen. I see Tito controling this fight for 15 mins.

zY|
11-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Im shocked tito is the dog... I mean Forrest could out point him, but I just don't think it is going to happen. I see Tito controling this fight for 15 mins.

He started out the favorite. People have been betting Forrest into the ground.