PDA

View Full Version : Tamdan McCrory Released from the UFC

SPX
08-12-2009, 01:28 PM
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/08/12/ ... y-the-ufc/ (http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/08/12/tamdan-mccrory-released-by-the-ufc/)

Tamdan McCrory has been let go by the UFC following a split decision defeat at the hands of John Howard at UFC 101.

Apparently a representative of “The Barn Cat” was notified of the release by UFC matchmaker Joe Silva sometime Monday evening according to a recent report on the Underground News.

McCrory earned a reputation as a tougher than nails, well rounded mixed martial artist during his time with the UFC where he put together a respectable record of 3-3 while compiling wins over the likes of Pete Spratt and Luke Cummo, and dropping bouts to Akihiro Gono and Dustin Hazelett.

With an overall record of 11-3 and a fighting style that refuses to disappoint, Tamdan would make a fantastic addition to the Strikeforce welterweight roster that is currently hungry for talent

Damn, he wins his fight before the Howard fight and then takes a split decision loss that some people think he should've won and he gets cut? That's bullshit. I love watching this guy fight and was looking forward to watching him in the future.

I do like the article writers idea about Tamdan going to Strikeforce. I think the competition there is a little lighter and he would be able to string together some wins and either a) fight for the title, or b) come back to the UFC.

Mr. IWS
08-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Im really suprised he got cut. He is pretty young, and a really decent fighter. How the hell is a guy like Mac Danzig still in the UFC and McCrory isnt? I know Danzig won TUF, but geez, he has looked like shit his last few fights.

SPX
08-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Im really suprised he got cut. He is pretty young, and a really decent fighter. How the hell is a guy like Mac Danzig still in the UFC and McCrory isnt? I know Danzig won TUF, but geez, he has looked like shit his last few fights.

Danzig won TUF. I think that's about the only reason for him. That, and I heard his fight was Jim Miller was pretty entertaining.

My guess is it's probably an amicable split. The UFC probably thought he can go far with some more experience and didn't want him to rack up any more losses on his record. They probably talked and suggested that he go back to some smaller shows, get some more wins and experience, and then they'll invite him back.

Either that, or maybe there's something going on behind the scenes that we're not aware of.

SPX
08-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Apparently McCrory, along with Thales Leites, will not be cut after all. . .

Thales Leites was stunned on Saturday when he heard that judges had come to a split decision in his fight with Alessio Sakara at UFC 101 at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia. He was even more stunned when he came out on the short end of the verdict.

But the really shocking news came on Thursday, when he learned he was being dropped by the Ultimate Fighting Championship only four months after competing for the middleweight title.

It turns out, though, that Leites still has a job with the UFC.

UFC president Dana White wasn't aware of plans to drop both Leites and welterweight Tamdan McCrory and said he would reverse those decisions.

They won't be cut, White said Thursday night.

Leites was 14-1 when he faced Anderson Silva for the middleweight title at UFC 97 in April in Montreal. But Leites was not aggressive, often flopping onto his back in an unsuccessful bid to lure Silva into a jiu-jitsu contest, and lost a unanimous decision in which the crowd booed lustily. He was more aggressive against Sakara, though the crowd in Philadelphia didn't like the fight and booed very loudly.

McCrory entered the UFC with an 8-0 record, but has gone 3-3 since, alternating wins and losses. He dropped a close decision to John Howard on Saturday.

White said both men will be brought back to the UFC.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15848/ufc-rev ... ccrory.mma (http://mmajunkie.com/news/15848/ufc-reverses-course-on-thales-leites-tamdan-mccrory.mma)

Mr. IWS
08-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Thats good for them.

They were probably going to strikeforce, and Dana wanted to block them.

SPX
08-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Well fuck.

Looks like they got cut after all and Kevin Iole "misinterpreted" a conversation he had with Dana White:

After appearing as though the "Barncat" used his one of his nine lives and dodged potential walking papers from the UFC, Tamdan McCrory has, in fact, been released by the organization.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com (http://www.mmajunkie.com)) passed along the news on Thursday that McCrory had been cut. But in a Yahoo! Sports story that was syndicated here on MMAjunkie.com earlier today, Kevin Iole cited UFC president Dana White as saying McCrory (and Thales Leites) would remain with the organization.

However, according to mixedmartialarts.com, which is co-owned by McCrory's manager, comments were misinterpreted and McCrory has, in fact, been released from the UFC's roster. MMAjunkie.com has since confirmed Leites, too, remains released from the organization.

"It seems that the story was not an exact representation of the conversation between White and Iole, but seemingly an honest misinterpretation," the mixedmartialarts.com report read. "As it stands, McCrory will not have his next fight inside the UFC octagon but has been fielding offers from other organizations and may start to work his way up to the middleweight division."

MMAjunkie.com spoke to a representative for McCrory earlier today. He was aware of the Yahoo! Sports report but cautioned that neither he nor McCrory had heard anything directly.

"We're not ready to jump for joy until the UFC calls," he said.

That call, unfortunately, never came. Not until the fighter earns some victories outside the organization, anyway, and earns his way back into the UFC.

McCrory, a 22-year-old who began his pro career with a 9-0 record in just 12 months, ultimately went 3-3 in the UFC. At UFC 101, after a tough weight cut, he suffered a split-decision loss to John Howard in a featured preliminary-card bout.

The fighter will continue fielding offers from other organizations. As we stated in our report earlier today, one organization that has already contacted McCrory is the China-based Art of War promotion, which had already lined up a date and opponent for the New York-based fighter.

Additionally, McCrory is considering a move to the middleweight division, and the fighter's camp plans to contact Strikeforce, which boasts a solid 185-pound roster, about the possibility of a deal.

Leites, meanwhile, should also have plenty of offers. The Brazilian fighter fought for the UFC middleweight title just four months ago, but after a lackluster loss to champ Anderson Silva and a decision defeat to Alessio Sakara this past weekend at UFC 101, he was trimmed from the roster, as well.

Leites leaves the UFC with a 14-3 record and a 5-3 mark in the UFC.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15852/despite ... he-ufc.mma (http://mmajunkie.com/news/15852/despite-reports-tamdan-mccrory-and-thales-leites-in-fact-cut-by-the-ufc.mma)

Mr. IWS
08-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Maybe Iole didnt hear White since he had his dick in his mouth while he was talking...LOL

SPX
08-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Maybe Iole didnt hear White since he had his dick in his mouth while he was talking...LOL

Ha ha, I'm almost certain that that was the case. . .

I don't really give a shit about Leites, but I like McCrory. I hope he goes to Strikeforce and not some org in China that I will never get to watch.