PDA

View Full Version : Phil Baroni back in the UFC

Mr. IWS
08-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Phil Baroni has verbally agreed to a contract with the UFC, according to a source close to the fighter. The veteran welterweight’s potential signing will undoubtedly raise a few eyebrows as well as shed some light on the brewing feud between the UFC and rival promotion Strikeforce.

According to an MMAJunkie.com report, the UFC has also signed Dennis Hallman, another former Strikeforce fighter. A source close to the UFC intimated more signings might be on the horizon as fighters complete their Strikeforce contracts.

"We wish Phil the best of luck and hope he can revive his career,'' Strikeforce Founder and CEO Scott Coker said in a release Thursday. "If he can, maybe one day, he can return and fight for us."

Strikeforce consultant Bob Cook confirmed to Sherdog.com that Baroni was released from his Strikeforce contract in the past few days and would be free to sign with another promotion.

Baroni (13-11) dropped a unanimous decision to Joe Riggs in St. Louis in June. He had won three bouts in a row before the loss.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/update ... -ufc-19091 (http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/update-baroni-likely-headed-back-to-ufc-19091)

Mr. IWS
08-14-2009, 05:36 PM
He is the best EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Mr. IWS
09-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Looks like he is fighting Sadollah at 106.

SPX
09-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Looks like he is fighting Sadollah at 106.

Who ya got?

Mr. IWS
09-02-2009, 03:41 PM
I hate to say it, but I like Baroni here. The guy has the gas tank of a weedwacker, but I think he can get Amir out early enough before he shuts it down.

Ive never been impressed with Amir.

SPX
09-02-2009, 04:18 PM
I hate to say it, but I like Baroni here. The guy has the gas tank of a weedwacker, but I think he can get Amir out early enough before he shuts it down.

Ive never been impressed with Amir.

Considering he was a fighter with 0 professional fights and he won the show, I definitely can't say that I've never been impressed with him. But I probably like Baroni as well. Tons more experience. On the other hand, he also loses a lot.

I wonder what the line will be.

Mr. IWS
09-02-2009, 04:35 PM
I dont mean that Im not impressed with his acomplishments, I mean from a fighthing perspective, Im not impressed with his skills.

It seemed like he was always getting his ass kicked on TUF, but would pull out the win. Cant hate on him for that, he got the "W", but that shit will catch up to him, like it did in his last fight.

SPX
09-02-2009, 05:25 PM
I dont mean that Im not impressed with his acomplishments, I mean from a fighthing perspective, Im not impressed with his skills.

It seemed like he was always getting his ass kicked on TUF, but would pull out the win. Cant hate on him for that, he got the "W", but that shit will catch up to him, like it did in his last fight.

Well that last fight was arguably an early stoppage. I think it's hard to say what would've happened if he had been given a few more seconds.

I hear what you're saying, but that sort of fighting--coming from behind and getting the sub--pretty much sums up Nog's entire career.

Mr. IWS
09-02-2009, 05:52 PM

Well that last fight was arguably an early stoppage. I think it's hard to say what would've happened if he had been given a few more seconds.

I hear what you're saying, but that sort of fighting--coming from behind and getting the sub--pretty much sums up Nog's entire career.

Definatley Nogs calling card, but he was pretty dominant for a lot of years before all the comebacks.

He finished 10 of his first 20 opponents in the first round, and had 13 subs and a ko in that first 20.