PDA

View Full Version : Roy Jones -Jeff Lacy play

Luke
08-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Taking Jones -420

1 unit.

I dont usually lay big juice but lay the wood this time guys.Lacy will be a punching bag in this one.He has horrible defense and is half the speed of a 40 year old jones. I woulndt be surprised if this one ended around 9 or 10 by tko

Risking 420 to win 100

GL ::handshake::

Mr. IWS
08-15-2009, 10:01 AM
GL on it my man!

SPX
08-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Good luck!

I don't know enough about boxing to bet on it.

Can you still find good lines in that sport?

Luke
08-16-2009, 12:46 AM
Good luck!

Most boxing lines are no worse than MMA that I take. This is the higest line I have ever laid in a boxing match.
I usually bet more boxing than MMA

Luke
08-16-2009, 12:48 AM
Roy wins by TKO at the end of the 10th. Lacys corner stopped it. From what I saw (I was watching strikeforce and this at the sametime) Jones completely dominated Lacy.Lacy was too slow and never stood a chance.

1-0 +100

Mr. IWS
08-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Good stuff man!

SPX
08-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Most boxing lines are no worse than MMA that I take. This is the higest line I have ever laid in a boxing match.

Maybe I'll have to look into it. I'm always looking for new stuff to bet on. MMA events only come around a few times a month, after all.

Mr. IWS
08-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Luke is pretty solid when it comes to boxing plays. I dont really bet them much either.

Luke
08-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Luke is pretty solid when it comes to boxing plays. I dont really bet them much either.

thanks Zak .

Zak is the expert in MMA on this forum ,I know some about MMA but no where near wat Zak does. I'm more of a boxing guy

Mr. IWS
08-16-2009, 12:59 PM

thanks Zak .

Zak is the expert in MMA on this forum

Im not the only one now... (SPX)

::handshake::

SPX
08-16-2009, 01:58 PM
[quote="IWS Zak":3mf20bx4]Luke is pretty solid when it comes to boxing plays. I dont really bet them much either.

thanks Zak .

Zak is the expert in MMA on this forum

Im not the only one now... (SPX)

::handshake::[/quote:3mf20bx4]

Thanks, yo!

SPX
08-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Good luck!

Do you still have a lot of instances where you can find real value in the lines when they are first released? Like, for instance, just recently on one book had Matt Riddle as the underdog when the line first came out. Another instance of note is Bodog coming out with Gray Maynard at -125 and then he quickly shot up to the -280 range.

Basically, I'm asking if you feel like you can still make a lot of money betting on boxing if you make informed decisions. I know a lot of people say that it's hard to make money on sports that are well-established.

Mr. IWS
08-18-2009, 11:46 AM
I havent bet on too many boxing matches, but one that comes to mind was the PBF/DLH fight a couple years ago. Mayweather was the fave, but as the fight was getting closer, the De la Hoya backers were pushing the line down.

Luke
08-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Boxing line tend to move lot less because not as many people bet boxing as MMA. Also a boxing line may only move 20 cents from the time it come out until the week of the fight. Once fight week comes the line does start to move..

Like I said I bet more boxing than MMA ,I think its easier to win than MMA

SPX
08-18-2009, 01:46 PM
Boxing line tend to move lot less because not as many people bet boxing as MMA. Also a boxing line may only move 20 cents from the time it come out until the week of the fight. Once fight week comes the line does start to move..

Like I said I bet more boxing than MMA ,I think its easier to win than MMA

Indeed, sir.

Maybe I will look into it a little more thoroughly. I know I've often heard that boxing's no good for making money anymore because the oddsmakers are "too good" with their opening lines. If there's value there and money to be made then I can educate myself on the sport.