PDA

View Full Version : BJ Penn VS Diego Sanchez -- Confirmed for UFC 105

SPX
08-21-2009, 05:51 PM
http://www.ifight365.com/2009/08/bj-pen ... e-ufc-105/ (http://www.ifight365.com/2009/08/bj-penn-vs-diego-sanchez-to-headline-ufc-105/)

According to a report from InsideFights.com, BJ Penn is set to defend his UFC Lightweight title against Diego Sanchez at UFC 105 in Manchester on November 14.

Many believed “The Prodigy” would not fight on UK shores again after being unhappy with the purse he received following his win against Joe Stevenson at UFC 80 in January 2008, however a fight against Sanchez would boost his profile in the US as it is being shown for free on Spike TV.

Diego Sanchez is also no stranger to UK shores after making his lightweight debut against Joe Stevenson at UFC 95 in London in February 2009. On that occasion he picked up a fight of the night bonus as well as a victory by unanimous decision. However, it was his war against Clay Guida at the Ultimate Fighter season 9 finale that propelled him to number one contender status; “The Nightmare” earning the win by split decision in a fight of the year contender.

UPDATE: Penn has confirmed the fight to iFight365.com via his Twitter page.

I said to him that I thought the fight would be a war when it takes place in Manchester. His response was simply: “Yup. Its gonna be good.”

What do you guys think? I think this will be a hell of a fight.

Any idea what you think the line might be on this one?

Mr. IWS
08-21-2009, 05:55 PM
BJ by what ever he wants.

Ill be on BJ.

SPX
08-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Me too. Probably to the tune of 2 to 2.5u.

You think the line for BJ will be better or worse than for the Kenny fight? And do you think Sanchez will do better or worse than Kenny did?

Mr. IWS
08-21-2009, 06:03 PM
I think the line will probably be between -200 to -250.

I dont think Sanchez will last as long as Kenflo did. Sanchez is a tuff guy, but if he cant put away Joe Daddy or Clay Guida at 155, I dont see him hanging with Penn.

SPX
08-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Hmm, good point about him not being able to finish Stevenson or Guida. Hadn't thought of that.

I know that BJ opened against Kenny at -125. I got him at -200. I'd love to get him on this one at -200 or less.

Mr. IWS
08-21-2009, 06:14 PM
I was on BJ at -200 against Florian, but I wanted to get on him as soon as the fight was announced. My local guy gives pretty good lines for boxing/mma, but he wont put them out until a few days before the fight.

If I could, I would get on BJ right now.