PDA

View Full Version : 8-22-09

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 09:05 AM
Fellas. You could really help out our forum by voting for us by going to this page and clicking the link below

http://www.investwithsports.com/toplist

then click on the little button that says, sports100.

There are no pop-ups or anything like that, and it helps us get more traffic to the forum.

Thanks a lot.

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 09:05 AM
ChicagoSportsConnection.
SATURDAY August 22nd

UNDER 9...Cubs @ Dodgers......4:10 EDT

At the time of this writing...we're loking pretty good on Friday nights UNDER....the Cubbies have one big hit thru 7 innings....and you know what?

They stink.

The Lovavble Losers will have their 102nd straight season without a championship.

Congrat's to The loveable Losers on that.

Lilly for Cubbies was very sharp in his 1st outing back from an injury.....and the Losers can't hit....so we'll go UNDER again on Saturday afternoon.

Good luck to us.
TINCUP

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Anthony Redd

Saturday's Card
15 Dime Buccaneers

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 12:09 PM
ATS Lock club (6-2-1.....+15.4 units)

5 units Seattle -3
3 Units Arizona -2 1/2

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 12:10 PM
FantasySportsGametime
MLB Baseball

50* Play New York Yankees (-155) over Boston (MLB)

New York has won 8 of the last 10 games and they have also won 10 of the last 14 road games as a favorite of -150 to -175. AJ Burnett is 5-1 vs. Boston over his career with an ERA of 3.39 and he has an ERA of 2.49 over the last 3 overall starts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50* Play Atlanta (-175) over Florida (MLB)

Tommy Hanson has won 5 of the last 6 games as a favorite of -150 or higher and he has also won 5 of the last 6 home games when the total posted is between 8.5 and 10 runs. Tommy Hanson is 3-0 over the last 3 starts with an ERA of 2.41.

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 12:11 PM
We Cover Spreads

*1 49'ers-2.5

Raiders Coach Tom Cable has a lot more on his plate then just this upcoming game. Word is Raiders assistant coach Randy Hanson has hired an attorney and is expected to cooperate with police after Head Coach Tom Cable allegedly broke his jaw earlier this week in a scrap during practice which will result in felony charges against the Raiders head coach.

The effect this incident could have on such a young team is huge. It may be showing already this week in practice. This week the 49'ers and the Raiders sqaured off in a couple of practices which were completely dominated by the San Francisco 49'ers; and mainly by their defense. Defensive Coordinator Greg Manusky has to be very pleased with his units showing this week against the Raiders. Niners veteran corner back Nate Clements said it was the best defensive practice he'd ever been a part of. He intercepted 3 passes when the two teams faced off, Dre Bly and Diyral Briggs also snatched two passes from Raiders QB's.

Both Raider QB's Jamarcus Russell and Bruce Gradowski struggled. Gradowski threw two picks in the red zone and Jamarcus Russell threw back to back picks in the red zone drill as well. This really revved up the 49'ers defense after Raiders players were talking smack in the beginning of practice. For the rest of the practice the Raiders offense was dead silent as they got back in their huddles before the next snap. While all this was unraveling Al Davis sat in his golf cart dead silent as well. After practice Raiders players were humbled to say they were flat out dominated.

The 49'ers QB's didn't throw any interceptions and were said to have a solid practice besides a couple deep routes being off target because of being forced around the pocket. We really like the QB rotation for the 49'ers here in preseason with Alex Smith, Shaun Hill, and Damon Huard; who completed 14 of 18 passes for 2 TD's and 0 turnovers as a group against Denver in the 17-16 loss in their opener. As far as experience goes they have the definite edge here over Oakland.

This is Mike Singletarys first full season here as Head Coach and we expect him to have these guys plenty motivated for this game and use the energy form their great practices this week to feed off of coming into this game. The 49'ers were a dismal 2-5 ATS last year before Mike came in and he went 5-3-1 ATS to close out the season.

This line is available for -2.5 at almost all of the Vegas books and a good amount of the offshore books right now; so try to shop and find the best line available.

Mr. IWS
KELSO STURGEON HIGHROLLERS MLB PICK for TODAY

Highrollers Baseball

Saturday, August 22, 2009
15 UnitsAthletics {T.Cahill} (+100) over Tigers {A.Galarraga}
9:05 PM -- Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
Pitching for Oakland: RH Trevor Cahill (6-12, 4.97)
Pitching for Detroit: RH Armando Galarraga (6-10, 5.16)
Partly cloudy. Winds blowing out to center field at 10-15 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 65.

Mr. IWS
Pointwise NFLX Phones

4* Washington
2* Carolina
2* NY Giants

Mr. IWS
Sam Clayton

25 DIME - ANGELS

Absolutely love the value we're getting with the Halos Saturday morning because Los Angeles is not going to lose this game. Those that have been following me know that I've been preaching all season long about the motivation (or lack thereof) that arises after a one-run loss. When great teams come oh so close and drop ball games by one run, the fire in the belly stirs up and the majority of the time, they come out firing and win the ensuing game running away. Now, I'm not a forecasting a blowout and I'm not suggesting you play the runline, but I will say that chances are extremely good that the second best team in baseball is going to come out victorious tomorrow afternoon across the border.

Aside from being the best road team (37-25) in the American League, the Angels are an offensive juggernaut. Los Angeles boasts the Majors' highest batting average (.290), and they lead the bigs in hits, runs scored and runs batted in. Los Angeles also ranks second in on-base percentage and fifth in slugging. This isn't exactly the type of offense that Scott Richmond (6-6, 4.01), a middle-aged, inexperienced starter is going to be able to handle. Richmond is 0-1 with a 7.00 ERA in two starts since the All-Star break and the Blue Jays have lost five of his last seven starts. Ervin Santana gets the call for the Halos and while his season statistics aren't the greatest as a whole, he's finally beginning to show flashes of brilliance that the Angels' organization has expected all along. Unlike Richmond, Santana has been a boss lately, posting a 3-0 mark with a 3.00 ERA his last three outings and he's won five of his last six decisions. More importantly though, his fastball is gaining speed and life, his breaking ball looks sharp and he's going deeper into games.

Important intangibles always pull me in and I've found yet another one for today: the Angels have lost three consecutive games only three times this season and it hasn't happened since before the All-Star break back on June 20-22. Los Angeles lost 11-3 to the Tribe on Thursday and as mentioned earlier, they dropped a heartbreaker last night 5-4 to the Jays. I'm extremely confident that Mike Scoscia pulls out all the stops and that the Angels come out determined and hungry today. These two teams are going in two completely different directions what with the Angels leading the AL West and Toronto 20 games behind the Yanks out east. L.A. has won 7 of 10 games while the Jays have lost 7 of 10. And with Vegas continuing to discredit Santana and setting a very low line, I'm laying the chalk. Play the Halos.

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 12:12 PM
Bob Balfe

Redskins -3 over Steelers
Pittsburgh had a huge scare when Big Ben left practice the other day. Tonight the Steelers are going to play allot of young guys and the last thing they need is a backup QB to get hurt. Washington is at home and will play their starters a little more. The Redskins also have four QB's that are capable of putting up points. Take the Skins at home.

Browns -3 over Lions
Detroit finally won a preseason game last week after going 0-16 last year. Detroit has improved, but can they win on the road and can they win against a 3-4 defense like the Browns. The 3-4 is confusing especially to youngster Matthew Stafford. The Browns maybe in more trouble then the Lions. Cleveland was dominated in every phase of the game last week in Green Bay. The Browns have not scored a offensive TD dating back to November of last year. The Lions were one of the worst defenses in the league so it would be nice to see the Browns put together some solid drives. This is a team that needs to play well at home today. Take Cleveland.

Pirates -135 over Reds
Duke/Lehr

Mr. IWS
Vegas Sports Experts

10* Take NY Giants (+2) over Chicago (NFL Power Play)

Chicago
• 0-5 ATS in pre-season as a favorite the last 3 years
• 4-12 ATS in pre-season home games when the total is between 35.5 and 42 points
• 1-4 ATS in pre-season coming off an OVER the total the last 3 years
• 1-3 ATS in pre-season when playing on a Saturday the last 3 years

5* Take New Orleans (+3) over Houston (NFL Bonus Play)

Houston
• 0-5 SU & ATS in pre-season coming off a TO margin of +2 in the last game
• 3-8 SU in pre-season coming off a win against the spread
• 2-8 ATS in pre-season coming off an UNDER the total

Mr. IWS
Chris Jordans 3 small picks for today
Saturday night trio ...
100? HOUSTON ASTROS - Analysis due back by 1 p.m. eastern

100? GREEN BAY PACKERS -

100? SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS -

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Northcoast

3 1/2* Cleveland
3* Wash
3* San Diego over

Mr. IWS
AUGUST 22 2009
FRANK PATRON 30000 UNIT MUST WIN PRESEASON LOCK #2

FRANK PATRON

30000 UNIT MUST WIN PRESEASON LOCK #2

NY GIANTS +2

No matter what unit is on the field the Giants simply have guys that can get to the QB and cause all types of pressure plus I do like the depth the G-Men have at the QB position and believe it or not they do have playmakers at the WR position.

Cutler really struggled in his new system last week and honestly I never thought he was that good. The Bears are a lackluster team and the Giants just have too much depth. Should be an easy outright win for the G-men in the windy

Mr. IWS
4 Unit Play. Take Under 8.5 between the Chicago Cubs @ LA Dodgers (Saturday @ 4:10pm est). Its not often that I like two pod's but today I believe we have a chance at cashing at both. Lilly came off the DL and pitched very well in his last start as he pitched 6 shutout innings against the Padres - this extends his streak to 8 of 10 quality starts. He has simply not recieved much run support from the Cubs. Joe Torre mentiond that Haeger undoubtedly deserves another start after his quality performance against the Cardinals at home as he went 7 innings, gave up 5 hits and 3 runs. I look for another quality performance from both pitchers today as they failed to win in their last start. Lilly will look for the elusive win once again as he has continued to pitch well and Haeger will look to stay in the mix with the Dodgers pitching staff for the better as he gets another opportunity to pitch. The Under is 5-1 for the Cubs when the total is set at this margin on the road, the Under is 5-1 for the Dodgers when the total is set at this range and the Under is 5-0 for Lilly when the total is set at this range as well.

4 Unit Play. Take Arizona Diamondbacks -120 over the Houston Astros (Saturday @ 7:05pm est). Scherzer is quite a capable pitcher but he comes off a tough start in Atlanta. He was pitching well until the wheels fell off in one particular inning and a costly throwing error which he made. But, overall, he is a very good bounce-back pitcher. Bear in mind that he only gave up 3 earned runs in Atlanta and of his 10 of starts, only once has he pitched back to back nonquality starts. I look for him to be sharp in his outing at Houston today. The Dbacks weren't able to score a run yesterday as they lost 0-1 but they should see some pitches to hit today. Moehler has been inconsistent of late as he is 0-4 over his last 5 starts and has given up 13 runs in his last 16 innings on 24 hits. I look for the Dbacks to have the edge here and likely pick up the road win. The Diamondbacks are 4-0 when Scherzer is coming off 4 days rest while the Astros are 0-5 in Moehler's last 5 starts.

IC

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Northcoast inside info marquee play

Chi Bears

Mr. IWS
JACK JONES

15* on Philadelphia Phillies -1.5

Take the Phillies on the run line at the Mets tonight with with J.A. Happ on the mound for Philadelphia. Happ has been incredible since joining the Phillies, going 9-2 with a 2.66 ERA and 1.16 WHIP, including a 4-1 record with a 1.92 ERA and 1.07 WHIP in 9 road starts. He'll be opposed tonight by the Mets' Tim Redding,who is just 1-3 in 9 starts this season with a 6.99 ERA and 1.57 WHIP (the Mets are 3-6 in his 9 starts). The Phillies have played extremely well on the road this season at 37-21 and have won 5 of their last 7, while the Mets have dropped 4 of their 7. New York stole game one of this series from Philly last night, but look for the Phillies to bounce back big over the Mets Saturday.

Mr. IWS
Jake Timlin Saturday's Action
500? Seattle Seahawks

Building on last week’s underdog winner on the Falcons plus the points I look to make it two straight huge preseason winners thanks to the Seahawks taking care of business at home.

The Seahawks with their outright win over the Chargers continued to show they are a very good preseason team as they have covered their last 7 preseason games while winning 6 of 7 straight up. So thanks to playing at home and extending the playing time for the first team I see Seattle making it 8 straight covers in August.

Denver lost at San Francisco last week, but the Broncos did cover as the underdog despite an awful game from Orton. Well due to playing on the road for the second straight week, I look for the Broncos to be a bit flat as they come up short tonight in Seattle.

Simple, home teams have a huge advantage in the preseason and that fact will not change as I fully expect for Seattle to roll over a Denver team that is not very good.

All Seattle minus the points!

100? N.Y. Yankees (Burnett) -1 ½ Runs over Boston (Tazawa)

Bonus winner on the Yankees 20-11 last night I look for New York to post yet another lopsided win today.

Now having won the last 5 series meeting I more than expect for the Yankees to make it six in a row over the Red Sox today. Paving the way for New York today will be the fact they have won 26 of their last 34 games since the break and Burnett who was dominate in his last start against Boston throwing 7 2-3 scoreless innings to help New York post a 2-0 win over Beckett a few weeks ago.

Meanwhile, countering for the Red Sox will be Tazawa who is fresh off a five inning 10 hit and 4 earned runs last start out the righty is in for a long day as he makes just his third start against the hottest team in all of baseball.

Simple, given the Yankees huge win last night and their advantage on the mound I expect yet another easy series win for New York this afternoon.

All New York -1 ½ Runs!

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Ferringo

2-Unit Play. Take #961 Philadelphia (-1.5, -135) over N.Y. Mets (7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 22)

1.5-Unit Play. Take #964 Colorado (-1.5, +105) over San Francisco (8 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 22)

2-Unit Play. Take #965 St. Louis (-1.5, -125) over San Diego (10 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 22)

2-Unit Play. Take #967 L.A. Angels (-120) over Toronto (1p.m., Saturday, Aug. 22)

2-Unit Play. Take #972 Chicago White Sox (-1.5, +105) over Baltimore (7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 22)

Today's totals
2-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 9.5 Minnesota at Kansas City (7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 22)

1.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 9.5 Milwaukee at Washington (7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 22)

1.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 8.0 Cincinnati at Pittsburgh (7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 22)

2-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 9.0 Baltimore at Chicago White Sox (7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 22)

1-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 9.0 Philadelphia at N.Y. Mets (7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 22)

Mr. IWS
5 Unit Play. Take Chicago Sky -3 over the Detroit Shock (Saturday @ 8pm est). It seems we are on a nice groove in the wnba. Let's hope it continues and continue to focus. These two teams meet for the second time this year. The first time, the Shock won 64-58 at home but the Sky were 7.5 dogs and they covered the spread. The game went well under as the posted total was 150. The Sky are 13-13 and are looking to secure playoff seating currently. While the Conn Sun are 13-12, Atlanta is 14-11 and Indiana is 19-6. The Sky are also tied with Washington who is 13-13 as well in the East. It seems that Detroit could have packed it in for the season as they have lost their last 3. More importantly, this is a pivotal game for the Sky who come off a loss to Phoenix at home. And, the Sky have yet to lose back to back games during this playoff stretch over their last 8 games where they are 6-2 ATS during that span. I like the Sky coming off a loss, having revenge here in a game that they certainly could use to propel them to 14 wins in the East. This team is the #1 team in the league in 3 point field goals percentage at 41.5% and 3rd in the league in field goal % overall at 44.6. I think this is a good opportunity for us to step out here and pick up 5 units as we have made some solid ground over the past 2 weeks. The Shock are 3-13 ATS in their last 16 against the Eastern Conference and the Sky are 5-1 ATS after a straight up loss.

Good luck,

IC

Mr. IWS
MLB BASEBALL PLAYS

3 Unit Play. #958 Take Houston +110 over Arizona (Saturday 8/22 7:05 PM)

Arizona has dropped a season-high six straight games and can't seem to catch a break. Tonight we hope the D-Backs again can’t catch a break and the Astros win another game at home. Houston won two of three meetings with Arizona from June 12-14 at Chase Field. Houston is 7-1 in their last 8 games as a home underdog.

5 Unit Play. #965 Take St. Louis –1 ½ -120 over San Diego (Saturday 8/22 10:05 PM)

The Cardinals have won 12 of their last 14 games against the Padres and tonight should feel good about themselves with Carpenter on the mound. Carpenter seeks a sixth straight winning start tonight and the way Carpenter pitched against the Dodgers he should have no trouble against San Diego. St. Louis is 6-0 following a SU loss and the Padres are 7-20 in their last 27 games as a home underdog.

2 Unit Play. #972 Take Chicago White Sox –1 ½ +105 over Baltimore (Saturday 8/22 7:05 PM)

We tried the White Sox last night on the run-line and failed so let’s roll the dice again. The White Sox are 4-0 following a SU loss and the Sox are also 11-2 when playing on Saturday’s.

These are all the picks for the MLB today.

Good Luck to All – Vegas Informer

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Insider Sports Report

4 Star Under 34 Tampa Bay Bucs
3 Star N.Y.Giants+2 1/2
3 Star Under 9 Seattle Mariners

Mr. IWS
charlie

nfl. buffalo+3,denver+3 & tampa bay @ jacksonville over 34 (500* 3 team rd robin).
nfl. houston-3 (30*)
nfl. san francisco-3 (20*)
nfl. carolina+3 (20*)
mlb. detroit-120 (10*)
mlb. pittsburgh-140 (10*) free play

Mr. IWS
Kelso

25 units Steelers +3

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Kelso:
25 Steelers
5 Seattle

10 Oakland A's
5 Texas Rangers

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Savannah Sports

Todays Selections
NFL Preseason
3 (***) Miami -3
3 (***) Washington -3
3 (***) Cleveland -3

Professional Plays
Eric Degarde
MLB Baseball
3 (***) Arizona -120
3 (***) LA Angels -131

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 12:43 PM
TONY BRUNO WINS

WHITE SOXS 10x (4-1) this week

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Wunderdog

Game: New York Yankees at Boston

4 units Boston +130 (moneyline) (risk 4 to win 5.2)

3 units UNDER 10.5 -110 (risk 3 to win 2.7)

The oddsmakers have a forced hand here after everyone watched these teams put up 31 runs last night, so this one is padded. You know the Red Sox are going to take last night's debacle personally, and come out with a much better resolve for this one. The Red Sox have been devastating at home vs. right-hand pitching, where they have run the count to 90-41 in their last 131 at Fenway. Overall they are now 14-3 against a team with a winning record playing them at Fenway as well. Burnett has pitched well enough to see his last eight starts with a total set between 9-10.5 all go UNDER, and the Sox have played to a 20-7-1 mark in their last 28 as a dog, and under to the tune of 30-13-2 when the opponent scored five or more in their last game. The Yankees haven't exactly been feasting at Fenway, as they are just 1-7 in their last eight played here. I like the Red Sox and the UNDER here.

Game: Texas at Tampa Bay

5 units Tampa Bay -170 (moneyline) (risk 5 to win 2.9)

While the gap between these teams in the standings is minimal, when you consider the venue, the gap is substantial. The Rangers are 55-115 in their last 170 as a dog of +151 to +200. They have a losing record on the road this season, while Tampa Bay has been fielding a wrecking crew in Tampa at 85-35 in their last 120 as a home favorite. Jump that line up to -151 to -200 and they go to a solid 49-11! So we are really looking at 49-11 vs. 55-115 when you get right down to it. I don't see the odds here looking anything close to what those numbers say, especially with Tampa having their ace on the mound in Matt Garza who has had a 3.21 and 2.89 ERA at home the past two seasons. The Rangers have found the wins difficult to come by in Tampa as they have dropped six of their last seven here. I like Tampa in this one.

Game: Texas at Tampa Bay

3 units Tampa Bay -1.5 runs +120 (runline) (risk 3 to win 3.6)

You don't have to look long and hard to find value here, as Tampa is in their best role as a chunky chalk, which is the Rangers worst role - as a chunky dog. The Rays are 49-11 as a favorite from -151 to -200, while the Rangers are just 55-115 in the same size role as a dog. When you consider that Garza is the Rays' ace, and the Rangers are just 1-7 in their last eight played in Tampa, the runline with its plus odds, becomes a very favorable and value-laden proposition. I'll also go with Tampa on the runline in this one.

08-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Unlocked Sports

1) L.A. Angels -1.5

2) Texas/Tampa Bay Under 9

Lenny Del Genio

Texans

Jefferson -sports

angels under 9.5. 5 units

08-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Northcoast

Top Opinions

Den
Chic
Caro

08-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Young Guns

MLB

4'* Mn/KC Over
3* Tex
3* Det

08-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Stephen Nover

Diamondbacks at Astros
Pick: Astros -120

I think Arizona's Max Scherzer is a highly promising pitcher. He was 5-2 with a 3.52 ERA in his previous 12 starts until taking a 9-4 loss to the Braves in his last outing, although he surrendered just three earned runs.
But the major part of my handicap in this matchup is a go-against on the Astros' Brian Moehler. He is one of the worst starting pitchers in baseball.
Moehler especially can't pitch at hitter-friendly Minute Maid Park. He's 2-6 with a 6.44 ERA at home this season.
Moehler's ERA in his last three overall starts is 7.31. He has a 5.40 ERA in five career starts versus Arizona. The Astros are 0-5 in Moehler's last five starts.

08-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

Indians

Marc Lawrence

Panthers

Evan Altemus

Cubs/Dodgers Under

Rocketman

Redskins

Mike Lineback

Pirates

Mr. IWS
Billy Coleman

MLB

4* Tex
3* LAA
3* Colo RL

NFL

5* NO/Hou Over
3* Caro
3* Pitt/Wash Under

08-22-2009, 01:03 PM
The experts nflx goy
cleveland -3

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Super Sports Group (SSG)

Florida v. Atlanta 7pm

PICK: Braves RL +120 (9*) Best Bet

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 01:18 PM
vegas runner nfl game of week

cleve/det over

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 01:38 PM
stan lisowski

4* niners

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Jack Jones

15* on Texas Rangers +162

You could make the argument that the wrong team is favored in this match up. First off, the Rangers' Tommy Hunter has been exceptional on the road this season, going 2-0 with a 0.87 ERA and 0.87 WHIP in 3 starts as the visiting pitcher. Hunter has 10 total starts on the season for Texas, and the Rangers are 7-3 in those starts with Hunter earning a 2.64 ERA and 1.14 WHIP in those appearances. Tampa's Matt Garza has good numbers on the season as well, but he is just 7-8 on the season, including failing to receive a decision in any of his last 3 starts, posting a 4.11 ERA and 1.63 WHIP over that stretch.

15* on Philadelphia Phillies -1.5 -140

Take the Phillies on the run line at the Mets tonight with with J.A. Happ on the mound for Philadelphia. Happ has been incredible since joining the Phillies, going 9-2 with a 2.66 ERA and 1.16 WHIP, including a 4-1 record with a 1.92 ERA and 1.07 WHIP in 9 road starts. He'll be opposed tonight by the Mets' Tim Redding, who is just 1-3 in 9 starts this season with a 6.99 ERA and 1.57 WHIP (the Mets are 3-6 in his 9 starts). The Phillies have played extremely well on the road this season at 37-21 and have won 5 of their last 7, while the Mets have dropped 4 of their 7. New York stole game one of this series from Philly last night, but look for the Phillies to bounce back big over the Mets Saturday.

NFL Premium Picks

15* on Giants/Bears UNDER 35

20* No Doubt Rout on Green Bay Packers -3

15* on Seattle Seahawks -3

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Rocco Vincintore Guaranteed Selections
Date: Saturday, August 22, 2009
$25.00 Guaranteed: Tonight you will just LOVE my PREFERRED PLAYERS CLUB MONEY LINE WINNER! Get this GUARANTEED WINNER NOW for just $25! We are currently on a 223-113 run with all of our selections! We are 71-36 for PLUS 28.8 UNITS this year in Baseball! What the HELL are you waiting for get this WINNER!!! WE ARE ON FIRE!! 8/22/2009
PREFERRED PLAYERS CLUB MONEY LINE WINNER
Washington w/Lannan -141 7:05 EST

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 01:58 PM
WNBA PLAYS

5 Unit Play. #654 Take Chicago –3 over Detroit (Saturday 8/22 8:05 PM)

After posting losing records in its first 2 years, Chicago is in a tight race for the final postseason berth in the Eastern Conference. The Sky have eight games left and will look to take advantage of three against disappointing Detroit Shock. The Sky have won five of eight and haven’t dropped back-to-back games in a month. The Shock on the other hand have lost three in a row and will be trying to avoid matching their longest skid of the season. If Chicago gets Sylvia Fowles back tonight the Sky should be able to get a home victory and get closer to a playoff berth. Chicago is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 meetings against the Shock.

These are all the picks for the WNBA today.

Good Luck to All – Vegas Informer

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Vegas Informer

3 Unit Play. Take Houston +110 over Arizona

Arizona has dropped a season-high six straight games and can't seem to catch a break. Tonight we hope the D-Backs again can’t catch a break and the Astros win another game at home. Houston won two of three meetings with Arizona from June 12-14 at Chase Field. Houston is 7-1 in their last 8 games as a home underdog.

5 Unit Play. Take St. Louis –1 ½ -120 over San Diego

The Cardinals have won 12 of their last 14 games against the Padres and tonight should feel good about themselves with Carpenter on the mound. Carpenter seeks a sixth straight winning start tonight and the way Carpenter pitched against the Dodgers he should have no trouble against San Diego. St. Louis is 6-0 following a SU loss and the Padres are 7-20 in their last 27 games as a home underdog.

2 Unit Play. Take Chicago White Sox –1 ½ +105 over Baltimore

We tried the White Sox last night on the run-line and failed so let’s roll the dice again. The White Sox are 4-0 following a SU loss and the Sox are also 11-2 when playing on Saturday’s.

5 Unit Play. Take Chicago –3 over Detroit

After posting losing records in its first 2 years, Chicago is in a tight race for the final postseason berth in the Eastern Conference. The Sky have eight games left and will look to take advantage of three against disappointing Detroit Shock. The Sky have won five of eight and haven’t dropped back-to-back games in a month. The Shock on the other hand have lost three in a row and will be trying to avoid matching their longest skid of the season. If Chicago gets Sylvia Fowles back tonight the Sky should be able to get a home victory and get closer to a playoff berth. Chicago is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 meetings against the Shock.

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Dave Busk's Picks For Major League Baseball

3 Unit Pick Take Over (8.5) Chicago Cubs at Los Angeles Dodgers (August 22, 4:10)

This is the third game of this four game set with the first one pushing on the closing number of (9) and last night was a pitchers duel. This game is a day start in Los Angeles and the ball carries much better during the day. The Cubs send Ted Lilly to the hill after going six innings of shutout baseball in first start in close to month after being on the DL. While Lilly has been good against the Dodgers with a 3-0 record and a 3.20 era in four start’s, he faces a Dodgers team that rakes left handed pitching. The Dodgers send their tenth starter this year to the mound with knuckleball Charlie Hager making this start. Not much to go on with Hager but after Wolf dominating the Cubs lineup last night with off speed pitches I think it will be easier on the Cubs lineup to see this slow stuff two day’s in a row.

3 Unit Pick #980 Take Oakland (-105) over Detroit (August 22, 9:05)

Oakland gets a chance to breakout of their offensive slump vs. a guy they have had success against. Armando Galarraga makes this start for the Tigers, Galarraga has a 7.02 era in four start’s vs. the A’s and in a start earlier this year gave up five runs and only got two outs before he was chased. In that start, Galarraga faced Oakland starter Trevor Cahill who makes this start in good form but not getting any run support, Cahill has been much better in home start’s this year and I think with the success the A’s have had against Galarraga and the current form Cahill has been in we have some good value here.

2 Unit Pick Take Over (9) Baltimore at The Chicago White Sox’s (August 22, 7:10)

Baltimore starter David Hernandez has struggled mightily, in three of his last five start’s Hernandez hasn’t made it past the fifth inning and gives up a ton of walks. Dansk hasn’t been as good this year as last, but is a good pitcher. The O’s have had some success against him as Danks has a 4.71 over five start’s vs. Baltimore. I think the White Sox’s will do some scoring tonight

Thanks and Good Luck-Dave

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Stan Sharp

3dime CWS -1.5

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Doc’s Sports

5-Unit Play Take #958 Houston Astros +110 over Arizona Diamondbacks (7:05p.m.)

3-Unit Play Take #959 Florida Marlins +165 over Atlanta Braves (7:10p.m.)

3-Unit Play Take # 967 Los Angeles Angels -110 over Toronto Bluejays (1:05p.m.)

Mr. IWS
Allen Eastman

1-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 35.0 New York Giants at Chicago (8 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 22)

2-Unit Play. Take #430 Seattle (-3) over Denver (10:30 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 22)

3-Unit Play. Take #974 Cleveland (-130) over Seattle (7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 22)

2-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 9.0 Seattle at Cleveland (7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 22)

Mr. IWS
1 Unit Play. Take Under 38.5 between the New Orleans Saints @ Houston Texans (Saturday @ 8pm est). Although one would think points will come a flurry between these two teams, the total has gone down since its inception. The total opened at 40 and there are a flurry of 38.5 and 39's out there. The Saints won 17-7 over the Bengals as Mark Brunell saw a quite bit of action. And, the Texans 16-10 at Kansas City as Orlovsky saw a good amount of action as well. It is expected that Grossman see some action today and that Brunell and Joey Harrington continue to see some reps. I expect a more tame result in offense from both teams as they have made a focus on defense this year. Its interesting that two of the most potent offenses in the league last year making defense more of a focus this year. Plus, this is a bit of a public fade as well. I believe this game likely stays under the posted total.

1 Unit Play. Take Over 32.5 between the New York Jets @ Baltimore Ravens (Monday @ 8pm est). Although many expect this game to be low scoring, I don't believe so. I think both offenses have the spurt to score here - mainly the Ravens. Remember, the Ravens continue to have success with Flacco as they put up 23 points against the Ravens. Plus, Troy Smith passed for 200 yards in the last game. Similar to the Titans, both quarterbacks having success yields more points. The Jets have some uncertainty with the quarterback rotation as well which I believe the increased competition will yield to more points - primarily between Erik Ainge and Mark Sanchez. I look for the Ravens to put up at least 24 in this effort while the Jets tack on a about two scores. I have this game closing between 37 and 38 points.

Good luck,
IC

Mr. IWS
Vegas Sports Informer's Picks For Football

1 Unit Play. #401 Take Over 36 Cincinnati at New England (Thursday 8/20 7:30 PM)

New England scored 27 points against the Eagles defense in Preseason Week #1 and now the Patriots go against a Bengals defense that gave up tons of TD’s last year. If Brady plays longer then 2 offensive series we could see the Patriots with 14 points by the end of the first quarter.

1 Unit Play. #408 Take Minnesota –3 over Kansas City (Friday 8/21 8:00 PM)

No! I’m not a Favre backer with this play but if I’m Tarvaris Jackson Friday night is your audition to other NFL teams. Jackson should play a lot in this game due to Sage Rosenfels ankle injury and with that the Vikings win this game at home against the Chiefs.

1 Unit Play. #420 Take Green Bay –3 over Buffalo (Saturday 8/22 8:00 PM)

Green Bay has a 9-3 lead in the all-time preseason series with Buffalo, but was a 27-7 road loser in the most recent meetings. Green Bay will want to show the Favre peeps that don’t forget us in the NFC North.

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 03:25 PM
VR MLB

3 Indians O9
2 T.B. -1.5

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Vegas Informer

MLB

3 Unit Play. #958 Take Houston +110 over Arizona (Saturday 8/22 7:05 PM)

5 Unit Play. #965 Take St. Louis –1 ½ -120 over San Diego (Saturday 8/22 10:05 PM)

2 Unit Play. #972 Take Chicago White Sox –1 ½ +105 over Baltimore (Saturday 8/22 7:05 PM)

Mr. IWS
08-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Vegas runner - nfl gow over lions