PDA

View Full Version : UFC vs Pretty boy Floyd

Mr. IWS
08-24-2009, 11:03 AM
UFC 103 and PBF both on PPV September 19th.

UFC doing a bit of counter promoting before thier event. I like it.

Spike To Telecast UFC 103 Undercard Bouts From Dallas Live And Commercial-Free On Saturday, September 19

“The Ultimate Fighter 8” Champ, Efrain Escudero, Featured On Undercard

New York, NY, August 21, 2009 – Spike TV will air a portion of the UFC pay-per-view undercard live to its audience for the first time ever, as the network presents bouts from UFC 103 in Dallas, TX commercial-free live Saturday, September 19 at 9:00pm ET/6:00pm PT. This telecast will mark the first time the network will air a fight-card without commercial interruption.

“Providing an action-packed UFC pay-per-view, live and commercial free, to our viewers on both coasts, further illustrates Spike TV and the UFC’s commitment to its fans,” said Kevin Kay, president, Spike TV.

Emanating from the American Airlines Center, the undercard features high-action battles with some top rising stars in the UFC lightweight division.

Mr. IWS
08-24-2009, 11:04 AM
I wish they would do this for every event.

SPX
08-24-2009, 11:27 AM
I've heard about this. I definitely think it would be awesome if the UFC would air the undercards for free, but I'm sure it's probably a one-time thing.

As for PBF, he doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut. He's always talking shit about MMA (and white people too, coincidentally) and if he has such little respect for the sport then he should step up and take Dana White's offer to fight a fight in the UFC. Give him BJ or Sean Sherk.

Luke
08-24-2009, 12:21 PM
I've heard about this. I definitely think it would be awesome if the UFC would air the undercards for free, but I'm sure it's probably a one-time thing.

As for PBF, he doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut. He's always talking shit about MMA (and white people too, coincidentally) and if he has such little respect for the sport then he should step up and take Dana White's offer to fight a fight in the UFC. Give him BJ or Sean Sherk.

Mayweather always has and will run his mouth when there is no need to. He has to be in the spotlight

The sad part is as bad as the Mayweather card is it will out sell the UFC card .I read somewhere the UFC averages around 500-600 thousand buys a month and the Mayweather card will probably hit 1 million easily .I already know which one I'd pay for and it isnt the boxing one. Crappy part about all this is I'll be on my way home from vegas that day and miss everything

Mr. IWS
08-24-2009, 01:04 PM
I dont think the Mayweather fight will do 1-million. Im thinking around 400,000-500,000.

I think the UFC will do around 600,000.