PDA

View Full Version : Rampage AKA Mr.T

Mr. IWS
08-26-2009, 02:47 PM
We love it when a plan comes together.

UFC fighter Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson has been cast as B.A. Baracus in the big screen remake of 'The A-Team' in 2010.

The UFC Light-Heavyweight title holder is set to play the role made famous by Mr. T in the classic 80s TV show.

The Sun have reported that Jackson landed the role after his charismatic auditions impressed the film's bosses, seeing off the likes of 50 Cent, The Game, Tyrese Gibson and Ice Cube to land the role.

Liam Neeson has already signed on to play Col. John 'Hannibal' Smith, while 'The Hangover' star Bradley Cooper will play Lt. Templeton 'Faceman' Peck, and the role of Murdock is yet to be cast as filming looks set to take place shortly.

Mr. IWS
08-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Looks like Dana is pissed.

He said if Rampage does the movie, hes not fighting Rashad.

Trying to find the link to the article I read earlier.

SPX
08-29-2009, 04:16 PM
There's been so much back and forth bullshit about this. First I read an article saying that he was doing the movie. Then I read an article just yesterday that reported that the Jackson camp said it was "just a rumor." Then I read yet another article today that said Greg Jackson and Rampage were flying to see Dana about getting the date changed for the fight.

Personally, I think the whole situation is retarded, and I've got money sitting out there on Rampage and he's also propping up a couple of parlays, so they need to get this resolved. This also concerns me because if he DOES fight Rashad as planned then I question where his head's gonna be both during training and during the fight.

Mr. IWS
08-29-2009, 04:16 PM
source here:

http://demandmma.com/news/danas-already ... -jeopardy/ (http://demandmma.com/news/danas-already-angry-rampage-vs-rashad-in-jeopardy/)

Mr. IWS
09-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Looks like the Rampage/Evans fight is off. Evans said that its off on Bruce Buffers radio show. (yes, he has a radio show...LOL)

He really fucked Dana on this one. The new season of TUF is the buildup for that fight, and now its off.

Dana must be furious.

SPX
09-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Is it off? I heard it was just rescheduled for early 2010.

And yeah, I'm sure Dana's pissed. I think it's bullshit, personally. Since when is Rampage of all people an actor?

Mr. IWS
09-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Im not sure if its off, or postponed. I would think its postponed, but Im going by what a friend told me on Buffers show, but I dont have a source or anything like that.

Either way, if it is postponed, it kind of takes the steam out of the rivalry, that was being built on TUF.

SPX
09-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Either way, if it is postponed, it kind of takes the steam out of the rivalry, that was being built on TUF.

I agree. Like I said, it's bullshit. I wonder how Dana will handle this and if Rampage will become the new Jon Fitch.

zY|
09-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Rampage seems to want to be a fighter less and less. Between fights he gets fat and chain smokes, and now he's doing big budget movies instead of trainining.

Rashad is going to kick his ass.

SPX
09-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Rampage seems to want to be a fighter less and less. Between fights he gets fat and chain smokes, and now he's doing big budget movies instead of trainining.

Rashad is going to kick his ass.

I've heard that Rampage has said plenty of times that he basically fights for the money and I know he's also said that he really hates to train. He definitely doesn't have the "warrior spirit" or desire to fight and be the best like, say, GSP or someone like Urijah Faber.

By the way, welcome to the forum. Glad to see you decided to stop by.

zY|
09-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Thanks for posting the link. Seems like a nice site. :D

I'm also pissed at Rampage on a personal level, as I'm originally from Memphis and UFC 107 was going to be my first live UFC. Pulling out of an event done specifically for you in your hometown is just another kind of asshole.

SPX
09-09-2009, 10:05 PM

I'm also pissed at Rampage on a personal level, as I'm originally from Memphis and UFC 107 was going to be my first live UFC. Pulling out of an event done specifically for you in your hometown is just another kind of asshole.

Holy shit, dude! M-town represent!

I used to live over by Summer Avenue and White Station and my mom is still close to Germantown, near Winchester and Shelby Drive!

zY|
09-10-2009, 01:40 PM

Holy shit, dude! M-town represent!

I used to live over by Summer Avenue and White Station and my mom is still close to Germantown, near Winchester and Shelby Drive!

Haha awesome. I used to live in Germantown (Poplar and Kirby) and a few places in Cordova, then I lived in Hernando, MS for 10 years (just south of Memphis) so I know that area very well. I live in Biloxi now, but I've still got lots of family and friends up there.

SPX
09-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Haha awesome. I used to live in Germantown (Poplar and Kirby) and a few places in Cordova, then I lived in Hernando, MS for 10 years (just south of Memphis) so I know that area very well. I live in Biloxi now, but I've still got lots of family and friends up there.

I know where Poplar and Kirby intersect. I think there's a Borders over there that I've been to a few times, if I remember correctly.

And I have been to Biloxi, too. I lived for a few months in Bay St. Louis before Katrina hit.