PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Florian VS Clay Guida at UFC106???

SPX
08-28-2009, 03:02 PM
I haven't heard anything about this fight, but apparently Bookmaker already has a line up.

http://www.bestfightodds.com/fights/1971.png

I'm shocked to see that money is coming in on Guida and driving Florian's price down! I'm thinking I need to jump on Florian at -175 ASAP!

Mr. IWS
08-28-2009, 03:05 PM
I agree man, Florian with an early sub in this one.

SPX
08-28-2009, 03:10 PM
I agree man, Florian with an early sub in this one.

You gonna put any money down on this one?

SPX
08-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Michael David Smith of MMA Fanhouse sent out a tweet today stating that a lightweight bout between Kenny Florian and Clay Guida is likely to place at UFC 106 in November.

Both fighters are coming off of losses. Florian lost his first fight in almost three years earlier this month to lightweight champion B.J. Penn. It was Florian's second unsuccessful attempt at capturing the UFC lightweight championship.

Guida lost one if the most exciting, if not the most exciting fights of the year to current number one contender Diego Sanchez. The bout was the main event of The Ultimate Fighter Finale 9 back in June.

From the beginning of round one until the final horn sounded, Guida and Sanchez waged all out war on one another. Sanchez earned a hard fought split decision victory that night.

The loss ended a three fight losing streak for Guida. He had rattled off wins against Nate Diaz, Mac Danzig and Samy Schiavo during that time.

Both Florian and Guida are known for their great conditioning. Guida is like the Energizer Bunny in that he keeps going and going. Florian has evolved into a top tier martial artist since his days on the intial season of The Ultimate Fighter where he lost in the finals against Diego Sanchez. Both Sanchez and Florian went into that fight as middleweights but immediately dropped down to lower weight classes. Sanchez initially fought at 170lbs until dropping down to the lightweight division earlier this year.

Guida will look to take Florian down and use his ground and pound skills while Florian will look to utilize his fantastic Muay Thai striking skills. Florian is a black belt in jiu-jitsu which will make Guida fight a bit more cautiously if he is able to take Florian down to the canvas. Either way this should be an interesting fight.

UFC 106 will be headlined by Brock Lesnar making his first defense of his undisputed heavyweight championship that he won by defeating Frank Mir at UFC 100. His opponent will be the 260lb Shane Carwin who is undefeated and has yet to be taken out of the first round in all 11 bouts.

November 21st will mark the return of "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy", Tito Ortiz. He wil take on 44 year old Mark Coleman in his first fight since losing to current light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida at UFC 84 in May of 2008.

http://www.examiner.com/x-15531-Long-Is ... or-UFC-106 (http://www.examiner.com/x-15531-Long-Island-MMA-Examiner~y2009m8d27-Kenny-Florian-vs-Clay-Guida-is-possible-for-UFC-106)

natman2939
08-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Could this be Kenny/Sherk 2? Kenny has shown a lot of skills but he can be held down and Guida is mr "hold you down."