PDA

View Full Version : 8-30-09

Mr. IWS
08-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Fellas. You could really help out our forum by voting for us by going to this page and clicking the link below

http://www.investwithsports.com/toplist

then click on the little button that says, sports100.

There are no pop-ups or anything like that, and it helps us get more traffic to the forum.

Thanks a lot.

Mr. IWS
08-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Brandon Lang

Free Play

Cleveland Indians

Mr. IWS
08-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Ben Burns "Blue Chip" Total

UNDER 9 RUNS,FLORIDA MARLINS (West)-vs- San Diego Padres (Latos)

Reason: I'm playing on Florida and San Diego to finish UNDER the total. The first two games of this series have both produced double-digits in combined runs. I expect a lower-final score in this afternoon's finale. Both starters will have the advantage of starting against today's opponent for the first time and both were exceptional last time out. West allowed one run through six innings. He earned the "W" in a 2-1 Florida victory. That gives him a 2.81 ERA his last three starts and marks his second straight start which stayed below the total. Meanwhile, Latos tossed seven shutout innings in his last start, a game which also stayed below the total, also with a final score of 2-1. For the season, Latos has seen six of his eight starts stay below the total. That includes a 3-1 UNDER record in his four road starts. With the Padres averaging less than four runs per game vs. southpaws and also when playing during the afternoon, I expect a relatively low-scoring affair. *8 Blue Chip

Mr. IWS
08-30-2009, 11:43 AM
BIG AL's SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL TOTAL OF THE MONTH!

Matchup: Braves at Phillies
Pitchers: Jurrjens vs. Blanton
Time: 8:05pm ET

Pick: UNDER 9 (-115)

Analysis: At 8:05pm our selection is on the Atlanta Braves and Philadelphia Phillies 'under' the total. With the acquisition of lefthanded ace Cliff Lee from the Cleveland Indians, tonight's starter, righthander Joe Blanton has been able to move to the # 4 spot in the rotation, a place where he no doubt feels less pressure and is more comfortable pitching every five days. And Blanton has responded with quality starts in each outing since Lee was acquired. After the Phillies lost Blanton's last five starts in the month of June, they have now won six of his nine since the beginning of July. The Phillies must also have breathed a big sigh of relief on Friday night when Brad Lidge came in and pitched a perfect ninth inning for the save against this Atlanta team as Lidge had been struggling mightily recently with his ERA getting up over seven runs. Atlanta's young righthanded ace Jair Jurrjens has allowed two or fewer runs in 19 of his 27 starts this year and has gone win-less in 11 of those outings. He experienced this bad luck again on Tuesday, when he was damaged only by Adrian Gonzalez's solo homer during a seven-inning effort. Jurrjens continues to be a finalist for the "Rodney Dangerfield" award this season, getting very little respect from his own hitters. Jurrjens would be happy to reproduce his first outing of the season when he shut out the Phillies at Citizens Bank Ballpark by a 4-0 tally. Finally, Atlanta is 49-35 'under' the total at night this season, and 24 of Blanton's last 33 nighttime starts at home have gone 'under' as well. Sunday Night Total of the Month on the 'under.' As always, good luck...Al McMordie.

Mr. IWS
08-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Larry Ness PERFECT STORM

FLA Marlins

Mr. IWS
08-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Wayne Root

Billionaire GOY denver broncos

Mr. IWS
08-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Burns up your wallet

Play Title *9* Ben Burns' Sunday ROAST! (71% NFLX Run!) *TV*

Play Selected Point Spread: -2.5/-102
I'm playing on DENVER. As you're probably aware, this game is arguably a little more important than a typical preseason game. For starters, it's Week 3, the week where the starters see the most playing time. Additionally, it features a pair of starting quarterbacks which were traded for each other during the offseason. Cutler, a former Bronco, is now leading the Bears. Orton, a former Bear, is now the starter for the Broncos. Naturally, both quarterbacks will be motivated for a big performance against their former team. That said, I expect the Broncos to be the 'hungrier' team overall. The Broncos are playing at home and have a new coach. That new coach (Josh McDaniels) surely doesn't want to be shown up in front of the home fans by Cutler, particularly with Denver already 0-2. I expect him to play to win and expect him to have his team "fired up." Off a solid win, with an established coach and playing on the road, the Bears have much less to prove. Even with last week's win, Chicago is just 3-6-1 ATS its last 10 preseason games. Looking back further and we find the Bears at a money-burning 14-25-4 ATS the last 43 times they played a preseason game with a line ranging from -3 to +3. The Broncos were generally tough at home in the preseason under Shanahan. In fact, they're 25-8 SU and 20-12-1 ATS their last 33 preseason games here. This is their first home game of this year's preseason and I expect them to continue their winning ways here under McDaniels, improving to 5-0 ATS the last five times they were coming off b2b preseason defeats. *9 Roast