PDA

View Full Version : 8-31-09

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 08:15 AM
Fellas. You could really help out our forum by voting for us by going to this page and clicking the link below

http://www.investwithsports.com/toplist

then click on the little button that says, sports100.

There are no pop-ups or anything like that, and it helps us get more traffic to the forum.

Thanks a lot.

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 11:56 AM
Dave Malinsky

Top of the Ticket - Total

UNDER 7.5 RUNS,CHICAGO CUBS (Harden)-vs- Houston Astros (Oswalt)

4* #908 CHICAGO CUBS/HOUSTON Under

On a cool August evening in Wrigley with the wind blowing in, Rich Harden and Roy Oswalt have a chance to dominate the proceedings. Our key is that with Oswalt showing a 7-5/3.86 and Harden an 8-7/3.99 for the full season we are getting much more to work with than we should in terms of this Total. Injuries were factors for each of these veteran starters, and as such the numbers lag behind their form. Oswalt?s season has been interrupted a couple of times, but in his last two starts we saw the clear indications that he is getting his full strength back, not walking a single batter in holding the Diamondbacks and Cardinals to three runs over 13 innings. Meanwhile Harden has been as good as any pitcher in the game since the All Star break, sporting a 3-1/1.80 that only tells part of the story ? a commanding ratio of 60 strikeouts vs. only 25 hits allowed is about as good as it gets over that length of time (eight starts). The offenses do not get in the way here ? the Astros are averaging 2.7 runs per game on this road trip through the first six outings, while the Cubs are forced to step way up in class after facing the likes of Garrett Mock, Livan Hernandez, J. D. Martin, Patrick Misch, Bobby Parnell and Nelson Figueroa the past six games, a group that they did not distinguish themselves against anyway. And with no fatigue issues for either bullpen, the limited amount needed from them will be in good hands.

Mr. IWS
FantasySportsGametime

Monday MLB Plays

MLB Baseball

50* Play NY Yankees (-170) over Baltimore (MLB PLAY)

New York has won 4 of the last 5 games and they have also won 9 of the last 12 games vs. Baltimore. Andy Pettitte has won 5 consecutive games when playing in the month of August and he is also 20-6 vs. Baltimore over his career with an ERA of 3.69.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50* Play Texas (-160) over Toronto (MLB PLAY)

Toronto has lost 5 of the last 6 games and they have also lost 12 of the last 15 road games as an underdog of +150 or higher. Brett Cecil has lost 3 consecutive games as an underdog of +125 to +175 and he is also 0-2 over the last 3 starts with an ERA of 8.26.

Mr. IWS
Savannah Sports

Todays Selections
NFL Preseason
3 (***) Minnesota +3.5

Professional Plays
Eric Degarde
MLB Baseball
3 (***) Chicago WS +100
3 (***) Kansas City +120

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 11:57 AM
Dominic Fazzini Monday's play 10 Dime -- MARLINS (Johnson) -1 1/2 runs over Braves (Kawakami)

MARLINS
NOTE: List only Johnson as Florida's starting pitcher

Heading into one of the biggest series of the season for both the Braves and Marlins, Florida has exactly who it wants on the mound today.

Marlins ace Josh Johnson (13-3, 3.04 ERA) is 6-1 with a 3.58 ERA in his last eight starts. The right-hander allowed three runs and nine hits with seven strikeouts in six innings Wednesday to beat the Mets 5-3.

Johnson wasn't at his best in that outing, and that's what makes it so impressive. If he can throw a quality start without his best stuff, he'll probably shut down Atlanta's offense today if he's on his game. He is 2-0 with a 3.00 ERA in three starts vs. the Braves in the past two seasons.

Tim Hudson originally was scheduled to start for Atlanta, but he has been pushed back to Tuesday, making way for Kenshin Kawakami (6-10, 4.08) to get the ball today.

Kawakami is probably finished in the rotation once Hudson gets back in the mix after coming off of the disabled list. Kawakami gave up four runs and seven hits in 5 1/3 innings Wednesday in a 12-5 loss to San Diego.

The rookie right-hander is 0-2 with an 8.44 ERA in two outings against Florida this year, and 4-5 with a 4.54 ERA in 12 road starts.

Johnson is 7-1 with a 2.26 ERA in 13 outings at Land Shark Stadium this season. With the two NL East rivals in the hunt for the wild-card spot, I expect the All-Star hurler to come up with a big game against Atlanta. Take the Marlins on the run line tonight.

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 01:03 PM
ANTHONY REDD

Anthony Redd
Monday's Card 25 Dime Texans

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 01:04 PM
Craig Davis
Monday's Lineup
30 DIME ---- WHITE SOX (With Floyd and Blackburn as listed pitchers)

10 DIME ---- Vikings-Texans UNDER

WHITE SOX ---- I realize I'm tempting fate here, but I have a feeling the White Sox will pull it together in Minnesota tonight. After a dreadful series (being swept) in New York, preceded by a terrible series in Boston (losing 3 of 4), the White Sox can only go up. They've watched as the Twins and Tigers have been winning over the weekend and are in danger of falling too far out of the Central race if they don't get their act together... starting with this series in Minnesota.

The Twins did a nice job against the Rangers, finishing the series with an impressive 5-3 win over the Rangers by scoring 3 runs in the bottom of the 8th. For the first time in a long time, the White Sox are now looking UP at the Twins from the third place position in the AL Central, but they're only 1.5 games behind the Twinkies and with a couple of road wins, they could be right back on top and once again focusing on chasing the Tigers for the division lead.

Chicago sends Gavin Floyd (10-8, 3.95 ERA) to the hill this evening in an attempt to stop the bleeding, having pitched very well in his last road start (6.2 IP, 2 ERs in Boston). Floyd has 8 career starts vs. Minnesota in his career, and although his ERA is higher than he'd probably like (4.19), his W/L record is 4-3 and he beat them the last time he faced them.

Minnesota counters with Nick Blackburn (8-9, 4.29 ERA), and although he's not pitching as poorly as he did in July, I still wouldn't consider him "back to form". He hasn't allowed less than 3 earned runs in his last four starts and allowed 9 hits and 4 runs in his last home start vs. lowly Baltimore. At even money with a better starter on the hill, my money is on the White Sox to end this losing skid and get back to respectability.

VIKINGS/TEXANS UNDER --- Let's be honest... Brett Favre still isn't ready to play a full four quarters in the NFL... at least not yet. Shoot, if last week's performance is any indication, he might not be ready to play two quarters. Favre is still learning the playbook, learning the ebb and flow of the offensive skill players, and trying to get himself back into game shape. Favre was 1-for-4 last week in his debut, and although I don't think he's going to be quite that bad in this game, I'm still not expecting 200 yards and two TDs. Remember, this is a run-first team that wants to play ball-control offense in an attempt to keep their own defense off the field as much as possible.

The Vikings have already played two pre-season games in 2009 and have scored a combined 30 points in those two games. Ironically, the Texans have also played two pre-season games and have scored a combined 30 points. Folks, I'm not looking for a shootout tonight as I believe the emphasis will be on defense. Houston was torched for 38 points in a 24-drubbing at the hands of the New Orleans Saints last week. I expect Gary Kubiak and his staff to do whatever they can to stop Adrian Peterson and/or Brett Favre tonight, including several new blitz packages that they've installed.

As for Houston's offense, they still want to get a better look at the backups and third teamers, so even though the starters are expected to go until halftime, I wouldn't be surprised to see the backups sprinkled in with the starters much of that first half. I'm expecting a few quick scores, but in the end the defenses will take over and the final score will be somewhere around 17-13

Mr. IWS
tim trushel

20* oakland

Mr. IWS
axiumsports

August 31st 2009

*-Weekly System Picks. Please follow the system and do not increase your starting bet until you at least triple your account. -*

Current Bankroll=$2,898.61

Pick #1- Sweden- ALlsvenskan Soccer
1)Bet 79.55 to win 72.98 on Malmo FF/Helsingborgs IF UNDER 2.5 -109

Pick #2- MLB-
2a)Bet 38.33 to win 36.51 on NY Yankees/Baltimore OVER 10 -105

2b)Bet 167.06 to win 159.10 on NY Yankees/Baltimore OVER 10 -105

Pick #3- MLB-
3aa)Bet 12.90 to win 12.90 on Arizona/LA Dodgers UNDER 8 +100
3ab)Bet 80.49 to win 80.49 on Arizona/LA Dodgers UNDER 8 +100

3ba)Bet 38.42 to win 38.42 on Arizona/LA Dodgers UNDER 8 +100
3bb)Bet 350.83 to win 350.83 on Arizona/LA Dodgers UNDER 8 +100

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 01:05 PM
Trace Adams
1000* - White Sox w/Floyd over Blackburn, 500* - NY Yankees-Baltimore OVER (Pettitte vs. Guthrie) The White Sox road trip from hell continues tonight, but after losing 3 of 4 in Boston, and all 3 in New York, I expect the Pale Hose to open tonight's big Central Division series with the win over the Twins.

Minnesota is now ahead of Chicago in the standings, so this is a key series for both clubs with just around 30 games left in the season.

I don't trust Nick Blackburn at all, as the Twins righty has lost his way, going 0-5 over his last 8 season starts. The last time Blackburn notched a win was way back on July 10th, and the Twins are just 1-7 in those 8 starts.

Gavin Floyd has cooled off a little, but a look at his splits shows 2 earned runs or less allowed in 5 of his last 7 starts, and he is also 4-0 the last 5 times he has started against Minnesota.

The White Sox have not done well in the Metrodome, losing 14 of their last 16 there, but tonight is the night they do something about it.

Take the Sox.

1000? - White Sox w/Floyd over Blackburn

???NOTE: Both listed starters must start, or no action on the play!???

Andy Pettitte has had a great month of August, and while I expect him to end the month with another "W", I have a feeling that tonight he is going to give up a few runs to the Orioles.

Baltimore has scored 5 runs or more in 4 of their last 6 games, so you can assume they are going to be around that mark this Monday night.

As for Orioles starter Jeremy Guthrie, he has thrown well in his last 2 starts, allowing just 2 earned runs in his last 14 innings of work.

Problem is, those 2 starts only lowered his season ERA to 5.26, and in 3 starts against the Yanks this year, he has allowed 11 runs in 19 innings of work.

The Yankees have been slugging away of late, averaging over 7 runs per game their last 7 games, and 4 of the 6 season series meetings at Camden Yards this year have played HIGH.

I am taking the OVER in the Yankees-Orioles game this Monday night.

500? - NY Yankees-Baltimore OVER (Pettitte vs. Guthrie)

???NOTE: Both listed starters must start, or no action on the play!???

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 01:06 PM
4 Unit Play. Take Under 8.5 between the Kansas City Royals @ Oakland A's (Monday @ 10pm est). I look for Hochevar and Gonzalez both to have quality starts today. Hochevar gave up 4 runs in 7 innings in his last effort and picked up the loss to the A's in Oakland. The young man picked up the loss but of late has pitched well including back to back quality starts. I look for him to have a solid effort today in a bit of a revenge effort while Gonzalez comes off a tough outing as well. Gio comes off a loss to the Marainers but he got in trouble in a couple of spots where I believe he is improving on. Tack that on with 70% of the public favoring Oakland in this game and the juice is not all that high makes me believe that Hochevar is likely to have a competitive start today. I like the Under here as the early line movement also favors the Under. The Under is 8-2-1 for the Royals facing a lefty and the Under 7-3 for the A's when they face a pitcher with a WHIP greater than 1.30 of late

Good luck,

IC

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 01:06 PM
Doc's Sports

3-Unit Play Take #914 Detroit Tigers Tampa Bay Rays UNDER 8.5 Runs (1:05p.m.)

4-Unit Play Take # 918 Texas Rangers (1.5RL +120) over Toronto Jays (8:05p.m.)

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 01:55 PM
Vegas Informer

2 Unit Play. #905 Take Over 8 (-120) Atlanta at Florida (Monday 8/31 7:10 PM)

The Braves Japanese rookie (Kenshin Kawakami) is 0-2 with an 8.44 ERA in two starts against Florida. We should see some offense from the Marlins tonight at home!

4 Unit Play. #920 Take Minnesota -110 over Chicago White Sox (Monday 8/31 8:10 PM)

This play is all on the White Sox troubles as of late! Chicago has lost six of the first seven games on the road of an 11-game road trip. A visit to the Metrodome may not help Chicago turn things around, the Sox have lost 14 of their last 16 matchups. The White Sox are just 1-5 on the road against the Twins so far this year. Minnesota is 7-2 in their last 9 games.

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 02:03 PM
Teddy Covers

White Sox Big Ticket

Nfl
Texans

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 03:09 PM
Marc Lawrence

MLB Never Lost MLB Top Play!

Chicago White Sox

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 03:09 PM
The Prez

MLB GAME OF THE MONTH

10* Chicago White Sox

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 03:33 PM
Chris Jordans 3 small picks for today
9-14-1 recently...

100? OVER Vikings/Texans - Something tells me we’re in store for a barn burner tonight in Houston, where Brett Favre will make his second start as the Vikings’ quarterback and the Texans will be looking to avenge a terrible showing last week against the Saints. And knowing how competitive Favre is, he’ll be looking to avenge that 1-for-4 performance in his team debut.

Knowing Favre has had some time to adjust to the Vikings’ system, I think he’ll be putting the pressure on the Texans to perform offensively, especially on their own field. And let’s not forget backup Sage Rosenfels was traded to the Vikings this offseason with hopes he’d become the team’s. Rosenfels spent three years as Houston's backup and is now competing with Tarvaris Jackson for the No. 2 spot. If he gets in for substantial time, he’ll have reason to drive the Vikes into the end zone.

As for Houston’s Matt Schaub, let’s not forget it was this same Vikings team that knocked him from the game thanks to Jared Allen. Don’t think for a second the offensive linemen haven’t forgotten that incident. He’ll get plenty of protection tonight, and he’ll be looking for all-everything receiver Andre Johnson. His number will be called a couple times tonight.

High-scoring game here, mid-40s, maybe even close to 50.

100? RANGERS RUN LINE - The Rangers will be looking to avenge a weekend set in Minnesota with what could turn out to be a four-game rout of the Blue Jays. Texas lost two of three in Minnesota, but will enjoy the comforts of home, where it has won 13 of its last 18. The Rangers are 41-24 at home this season and should be just fine with Derek Holland heading to the rubber. Prior to getting knocked around by the red-hot Yankees, he was 3-0 with a 1.29 ERA in his previous three starts.

Tonight he gets a Blue Jays team that is struggling terribly at the plate right now. Toronto has scored three or fewer runs nine times in its last 14 games, and the team has gone 3-11 during that span. The Jays are also struggling from the mound, including tonight’s starter Brett Cecil, who has allowed 12 runs – nine of them earned – over 7-2/3 innings of work in his last two starts.

I know the Jays have won four of six against Texas this season, but they’re mired in losing skids of 17-35 on the road and 11-23 in Texas. On the other hand, the Rangers are on a 14-5 run as the installed chalk.

Laying the run line in this one, as the Rangers should smoke this team with ease.

100? TWINS - Minnesota surged past the Chicago in the American League Central and will further the White Sox’s demise by opening this series with an easy win over a very weary team. The South Siders, who are 2-13 in their last 15 in Minnesota, will be playing their eighth straight road game in as many days and 11th straight overall.

Chicago comes in after being outscored 23-5 in a three-game sweep by the Yankees, in the Bronx. The Pale Hose are also on losing streaks of 1-7 overall, 7-19 on the highway and 1-6 overall in this series.

Minnesota is coming in off a solid showing against Texas, winning two of three. The Twins’ starters produced three straight quality starts against the hard-hitting Rangers, so what do you think is going to take place against a tired team like Chicago?

This is easy value chalk, as the Twins steamroll their visiting rivals.

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 03:58 PM
Tony Bruno Wins

Kansas City 20x

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 04:26 PM
Tony Salinas Baseball
Monday, August 31, 2009

26*
Ny Yankees {A.Pettitte} (-185) over Orioles {J.Guthrie}
7:05 PM -- Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Clear. Winds blowing in from center field at 5-15 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 70.

24*
Marlins {J.Johnson} (-155) over Braves {K.Kawakami}
7:10 PM -- Dolphin Stadium
Partly cloudy with a 30-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing from right to left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 85.

25*
La Angels {J.Saunders} (-140) over Mariners {L.French}
10:10 PM -- SAFECO Field
Clear. Winds blowing in from left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 75.

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 04:48 PM
Alatex NFLX

Hou -3

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 04:49 PM
Freese No brainer LAD under

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 05:51 PM
ATS Lock Club 10-6-2 +22.8 units

Minnesota +3 1/2 3 units

Mr. IWS
ATS LOCK MLB

3 Marlins

Mr. IWS
jack jones

15* on Houston Texans -3

15* on Chicago White Sox -101

Take the White Sox in Minnesota with Gavin Floyd pitching for Chicago and Nick Blackburn throwing for the Twins. Floyd is 10-8 on the season with a 3.95 ERA and 1.24 WHIP, and over his last 3 starts he has a 3.10 ERA and 1.23 WHIP. Blackburn has struggled over his last 3 appearances, going 0-2 with a 7.20 ERA and 1.73 WHIP. The White Sox are on a three-game slide, but I like them to come out and grab a victory behind a strong outing from Gavin Floyd tonight.

20* No Doubt Rout on Los Angeles Angels -137

The Angels get the job done with their bats tonight against the Mariners and their starter, Luke French. French has had an ok season for the Mariners so far, starting 10 games and earning 4 wins and a 4.14 ERA. Tonight, however, he will be facing one of the most productive line ups in baseball. The Angels hit .289 as a team and score 5.7 runs per game. In comparison, the Mariners hit about .259 as a team and average just under 4.0 runs per game. I also like the fact that Angels' starter Joe Saunders has a good showing against the Mariners in his career, going 6-1 against them with a 3.60 ERA. Saunders has had some bad starts this season, but two of his 10 wins have come over the Mariners in 2009.

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 05:52 PM
Rocco Vincintore Guaranteed Selections
Date: Monday, August 31, 2009
$25.00 Guaranteed: Today you will just LOVE my PREFERRED PLAYERS CLUB MONEY LINE BASEBAAL WINNER! Get this GUARANTEED WINNER NOW for just $25! We are currently on a 230-116 run with all of our selections! We are 79-39 for PLUS 33.0 UNITS this year in Baseball! What the HELL are you waiting for get this WINNER!!! WE ARE ON FIRE!!

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 05:52 PM
Craig Trapp

LAA -134: Great value and way too much to pass up on a very good LAA team. They have been struggling lately but won on Sunday and look to put a streak together to get ready for the playoffs. Today they turn to Saunders who won his last start looking very good over 5 innings only giving up 2 ER's. He has dominated SEA in his career, with a 0.64 ERA to win both of his starts against the Mariners this season, and is 5-0 with a 2.40 ERA in six games against them since the start of 2008. On the other hand French goes for SEA trying to improve his control He has given up 13 walks over his last 4 starts and usually costs him victories. The LAA are a team that really take advantage of walks and this lineup is so dangerous. They are the highest scoring team in the majors and will show why tonight. Saunders will be good enough to slow down SEA and LAA will blow up young starter French. SCORE LAA 7 - SEA 3

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 05:53 PM
C-Stars Sports

1000 Units Chicago Cubs over Houston
1000 Units Top Play Houston minus THE POINTS OVER Minnesota
50 units Minnesota/Houston under the total

Mr. IWS
BOB BALFE

Texans -3 over Vikings

The Texans have a very good QB rotation and will want a home victory on MNF to prove to the nation that they are turning the corner as a contender in the NFL. Minnesota clearly has QB problems if they had to signup Brett Favre out of retirement at almost 40 years old. I am not sold on Favre being a super star QB for the Vikings. This deal was done more so to sell tickets and we wont see Favre throwing the ball like a gunslinger until the regular season so tonight will be mostly for his timing and game speed. Houston could be a surprise team in the NFL if they stay healthy this season. Take the Texans at home.

Bluejays/Rangers Over
Cecil/Holland

Mr. IWS
Vegas Sports Experts

10* Take Minnesota (+3) over Houston (NFL Power Play)

Minnesota
• 3-1 SU & ATS in pre-season as a road underdog of 7 points or less
• 2-0 SU & ATS in pre-season when the line is between -3 to +3
• 4-1 SU in pre-season non-conference games

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 06:05 PM
EDDIE ROMAN

$10,000 NFL Preseason Oddsmakers Error Lock
Minnesota Vikings +3.5 over HOUSTON

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 07:03 PM
Kelso

5 units Houston -3

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 07:03 PM
Seabass

NFL
50* Texans

100* "steam" Rangers

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 07:04 PM
Vr
3* texans
2* mariners
2* twins over

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 07:32 PM
Stu Feiner 5000 Dime

Play is on Houston -3.

Mr. IWS
08-31-2009, 07:32 PM
Street Rosenthal

*200 Los Angeles Dodgers -179
I am riding the Dodgers Hot streak for the Win today. I have the Dodgers as 19-7 Since 2004 as a 140+ favorite after scoring 3 runs or less and winning. Also, have the Dodgers as 20-4 SU since 2008 as a favorite vs a team that has won at least their last two games. Finally, I have the Diamondbacks as 3-24 since 2005 as a road dog vs a team that has won their last two games and it is the first game of a series. Take the Dodgers for the Win.

*200 Oakland Athletics -142
I am taking the A's for the Home Win tonight. I have the Royals as 5-22 SU since 2004 after a win in which they left fewer than 10 men on base and it is the first game of a series. I also have the Royals as 9-25 SU since 2008 as a Dog when they scored two or fewer runs for their starter in his last start. Take the A's for the Win.

*200 New York Yankees -165
Taking the Hot Yankees over the Orioles today. I have numerous starter trends against the Orioles starter Jeremy Guthrie that total an amazing 5-45 SU. I also have the Orioles as 3-22 SU since 2008 vs a team that has won at least their last three games. Finally, I have the Yankees as 34-11 SU since 2004 as a favorite after a win in which they did not walk the opponent. Take the Yankees for the Win.

*200 Houston Texans -3
The Texans look to improve from last weeks whipping, while the Vikings are just hoping Brett Favre will last 2 quarters. The Texans haven't lost both preseason home games since going 0-4 in 2003, which was just their second year in the league. Even better week 3 has seen Houston cover all 3 games under head coach Kubiak and the Vikings are 0-6 ATS underdogs versus and opponent off a double digit straight up loss. Take the Texans for the victory.