PDA

View Full Version : Hendo says Silva is ducking him.

Mr. IWS
09-03-2009, 03:30 PM
I dont think he is ducking him, more of a "been there, done that" attitude on Silva's part IMO.

http://mmasportsreport.com/235/dan-henderson-on-anderson-silva-hes-really-trying-not-to-fight-me-its-obvious
Dan Henderson was under the impression that he was next in line for a title shot against Anderson “The Spider” Silva, but Dana White announced that both he and Nate Marquardt are “in the mix.”
At UFC 102 Marquardt defeated Maia early in the first round by knockout, before calling out Silva for a rematch. But Dan Henderson is also looking for a rematch, and thinks he deserves it first.
Anderson Silva’s camp stated that they would like to see a Henderson/Marquardt fight to determine the #1 contender, but Dan doesn’t like that proposal as found out by SportsIllustrated.com
“I think I’m the one guy that poses enough dangers [to Silva] style-wise,” he said. “If I were his manager, I’d be trying not to have him fight me as well. I know that Anderson Silva is really trying not to fight me. It’s obvious.”
Henderson went on to say that he would turn down an offer from matchmaker Joe Silva and move to light heavyweight if he didn’t get his way.
“I think he’s right in line for a title shot as well, but I feel I’ve earned that already,” Henderson said. “That’s a fight that more than likely will happen in the future, but I think right now, from the UFC’s standpoint, they shouldn’t be having me and Nate fight each other. They’re going to get stuck without any new opponents for Anderson Silva.”
“Silva is the only fight that interests me at 185. I said that before Nate’s fight.”
Those are strong words from Henderson claiming that Anderson Silva is purposely avoiding a fight with him.
If everything Dan says he will do is true, then he should not get mad if Marquardt also releases a statement saying that it’s obvious Henderson is avoiding a fight with him.

Mr. IWS
09-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Looks like he better get a new contract first:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/mma/09/09/dan.henderson.ufc105/index.html#ixzz0Qf6aQ1KM
Rumors about Dan Henderson's next fight in the UFC will need to wait.
According to a source close to the former Pride champion, Henderson fulfilled the terms of his contract with Zuffa following a victory over Michael Bisping at UFC 100 and is currently a free agent.
The veteran mixed martial artist, who was told privately and publicly by the UFC he would receive the next title shot against UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, is said to prefer a return to the company because of the challenges it offers at middleweight and light heavyweight, as well as the considerable pay-per-view money UFC cards can generate.
His focus is avenging a 2008 second-round submission loss to Silva.
Henderson (25-7), said the source, is open to fighting the pound-for-pound Brazilian great with or without a belt on the line, and would consider meeting him at light heavyweight.
A new contract was on the table during discussions for Henderson to meet Rich Franklin on Sept. 19 in Dallas. However, the source indicated, when the fight fell apart after fans reacted poorly to rumors of the bout, a verbal deal between Henderson and the UFC fizzled. Current negotiations were characterized as "slow to develop."
When asked for confirmation, Henderson responded via text, "No fights left on my deal, working on a new one."
Henderson's camp also denied rumors that the 39-year-old American was considering a fight with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at UFC 105 in Manchester, England.

zY|
09-10-2009, 01:27 PM
I dont think he is ducking him, more of a "been there, done that" attitude on Silva's part IMO.

Yep.

Dan Henderson will never beat Anderson Silva. I don't know who he's kidding. I don't care to see that fight at all.

SPX
09-10-2009, 01:33 PM
[quote="IWS Zak":pwimby00]I dont think he is ducking him, more of a "been there, done that" attitude on Silva's part IMO.

Yep.

Dan Henderson will never beat Anderson Silva. I don't know who he's kidding. I don't care to see that fight at all.[/quote:pwimby00]

More than likely not, but when you can win one round against someone, it's not inconceivable that you can win 3.

zY|
09-10-2009, 01:50 PM
[quote="IWS Zak":1hn12pix]I dont think he is ducking him, more of a "been there, done that" attitude on Silva's part IMO.

Yep.

Dan Henderson will never beat Anderson Silva. I don't know who he's kidding. I don't care to see that fight at all.

More than likely not, but when you can win one round against someone, it's not inconceivable that you can win 3.[/quote:1hn12pix]

Yeah but then there are still 2 other rounds you have to not get finished in. One of the biggest myths is that Dan "abandoned the gameplan" in the 2nd round against Silva. No, he did the exact same thing as the first round. He stood and traded and then tried to get a takedown. The difference is the 2nd round he was stuffed and owned.

Dan just has no offense to threaten Silva. Ground neutralization is not offense. Eventually he's going to either get up or stuff his shot and blast him.

SPX
09-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Yeah but then there are still 2 other rounds you have to not get finished in. One of the biggest myths is that Dan "abandoned the gameplan" in the 2nd round against Silva. No, he did the exact same thing as the first round. He stood and traded and then tried to get a takedown. The difference is the 2nd round he was stuffed and owned.

Dan just has no offense to threaten Silva. Ground neutralization is not offense. Eventually he's going to either get up or stuff his shot and blast him.

Hard to say what would happen if Dan landed that huge shot on Silva that he landed on Bisping. . .

zY|
09-10-2009, 02:13 PM

Hard to say what would happen if Dan landed that huge shot on Silva that he landed on Bisping. . .

It would probably just piss him off.

But seriously, that punch is far too telegraphed to ever land on Silva. He has a phenomenal chin as well. I can't recall ever seeing him hurt by a strike and he's taken some good ones.