PDA

View Full Version : Mike Swick out of UFC 103

Mr. IWS
09-08-2009, 06:12 PM
and out of the; "Next guy to get destroyed by GSP sweepstakes"

Mike Swick has pulled out of his scheduled fight with Martin Kampmann at UFC 103 in Dallas on Sept. 19 due to a concussion suffered in training.

The new opponent for Kampmann will be Paul "Semtex" Daley, who has reportedly verbally agreed to accept the fight on short notice.

The story of Swick's injury was first reported by The Sun in the U.K. and was later confirmed by Swick via his Twitter account:

"I am out of UFC 103. It sucks and I am sorry guys..."

He later verified the reason for his injury in a separate tweet.

"I got foot swept while sparring this week and lost my legs. Landed on back of my head and neck and suffered a pretty bad concussion."

According to the Sun, Swick was swept by American Kickboxing Academy teammate Josh Koscheck during the training session.

The British-born Daley is a well-known MMA star in his home country, and was featured in the U.S. last year on CBS EliteXC Saturday Night Fights, losing to Jake Shields. Daley signed with the UFC this summer after the Affliction MMA promotion closed up shop.

News of the verbal agreement for Daley vs. Kampmann was first reported by MMA Weekly , with the signed bout agreement still pending.

Swick vs. Kampmann was informally viewed as a fight to determine a No. 1 contender to welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre.

SPX
09-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Rumor has it that Kampmann is also out and the bout's going to be rescheduled for UFC 104.

Mr. IWS
09-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Rumor has it that Kampmann is also out and the bout's going to be rescheduled for UFC 104.

Dam, thats fucked up, but I would rather see Kampmann ans Swick fight, so that may not be a bad thing.