PDA

View Full Version : MMA fighters in movies

Luke
09-09-2009, 11:07 PM
In the past 6 months three fighters have held off fighting for a while to do movies. First it was Cung Le who after defeating Frank Shamrock for the strikeforce belt went and made the movie "fighting" and hasnt defended his belt once in 18 months.

Next Rampage Jackson has decided to go do the movie A-Team and scrap his big fight with Rashad Evans (at least for now)

Now today I hear Gina Carano is going to take a little time off from fighting after getting he ass kicked by Cyborg to be in a movie called "Knockout" Carano will portray a troubled misfit granted a second chance.

Now is it just me or does anyone else careless about these fighters in movies?

One we know they arent actors so the movie acting will proabably suck and two I dont pay attention to these people for anything except fighting.Fighters are suppose to fight and thats the only reason we watch these people is because of their fighting ability not their acting ability .

I think this trend that is starting is stupid and should stop because a fighter can be forgot if they arent fighting just as quick as they became a name in the sport

SPX
09-09-2009, 11:22 PM
In the past 6 months three fighters have held off fighting for a while to do movies. First it was Cung Le who after defeating Frank Shamrock for the strikeforce belt went and made the movie "fighting" and hasnt defended his belt once in 18 months.

Next Rampage Jackson has decided to go do the movie A-Team and scrap his big fight with Rashad Evans (at least for now)

Now today I hear Gina Carano is going to take a little time off from fighting after getting he ass kicked by Cyborg to be in a movie called "Knockout" Carano will portray a troubled misfit granted a second chance.

Now is it just me or does anyone else careless about these fighters in movies?

One we know they arent actors so the movie acting will proabably suck and two I dont pay attention to these people for anything except fighting.Fighters are suppose to fight and thats the only reason we watch these people is because of their fighting ability not their acting ability .

I think this trend that is starting is stupid and should stop because a fighter can be forgot if they arent fighting just as quick as they became a name in the sport

Well. . .

I'm sure I'd love to say that I could care less, but the truth is that I am waiting to see them. I've been waiting for Tekken to be released, largely because I want to see Huerta do his thing. And Carano in a movie? I will definitely be there.

I think it largely depends on how they do in their roles. If they do well, then why not give them credit. Marky Mark used to be a hip-hop star and now he's a legitimate actor with a lot of good movies under his belt.

Mr. IWS
09-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Fedor just finished up a movie last year that kept him out of action too.

I cant knock them for doing movies, but I would much rather see them fighting.