PDA

View Full Version : 9-11-09

Mr. IWS
09-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Fellas. You could really help out our forum by voting for us by going to this page and clicking the link below

http://www.investwithsports.com/toplist

then click on the little button that says, sports100.

There are no pop-ups or anything like that, and it helps us get more traffic to the forum.

Thanks a lot.

Mr. IWS
09-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Dr. Bob

Strong Opinion
TOLEDO 30 Colorado (-4.0) 28
06:00 PM Pacific, 11-Sep-09
Both of these teams were beaten pretty soundly last week, as the Rockets lost on the road 31-52 at Purdue while Colorado was upset 17-23 by Colorado State as a 10 1/2 point home favorite in a game that really wasn't that close (the Buffs were out-gained 4.1 yards per play to 6.0 yppl). Colorado looks as dismal on offense this season as they were last year (0.9 yppl worse than average) and the Buffaloes' rebuilt defense (4 returning starters) was exploited with numerous big plays by the Rams, who took advantage of two young Colorado safeties to average 20.8 yards per completion. Toledo's 4th year starting quarterback Aaron Opelt should have pretty good passing stats against that Buffs secondary after throwing for 423 yards at a solid 6.3 yards per pass play on 67 pass plays against a good Purdue secondary last week. The absence of last year's leading rusher Morgan Williams (suspended for 2 games) isn't that big of a deal considering that Toledo threw the ball nearly 80% of the time last week and will probably do so again tonight. Toledo's defense was a huge problem, allowing 535 yards at 8.0 yppl to the Boilermakers, so it appears that the Rockets are having a tough time grasping the new defensive scheme. However, Colorado doesn't appear to be able to fully take advantage of that defense like Purdue did last week. My ratings favor Colorado by 2 points and the Buffaloes apply to a negative 35-83-7 ATS scheduling situation. Toledo, meanwhile, tends to play much better at home than they do on the road, as the Rockets are 38-21 ATS all time at home. I'll consider Toledo a Strong Opinion at +3 or more.

Mr. IWS
09-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Burns Friday MLB

Milwaukee Brewers vs. Arizona D-Backs (MLB) - Sep 11, 2009 9:40 PM EDT
Premium Play
Play Title **9** Ben Burns' MLB PERSONAL FAVORITE! (14-5 L19)
Play Selected Money Line: -127
I'm playing on ARIZONA. Neither of these teams will be making the playoffs. While both are struggling, Arizona is actually the team which brings a very small amount of momentum into tonight's contest. The Diamondbacks, who had yesterday off, snapped their losing streak with a 4-3 win over the Dodgers on Wednesday. The Brewers, on the other hand, have lost three straight. They're 1-5 their last six and 2-7 their last nine. I played on the Dbax in Wednesday's win and noted manager A.J. Hinch's comments: "Man, it feels good to come out on top..." I expect them to carry those positive feelings in this evening's opener. Davis gets the call and he's been extremely consistent. In fact, he's delivered a quality start in eight of his last nine starts. For the season, he's got a very solid 3.22 ERA at home, averaging better than six innings per start. Davis, a former Brewer, hasn't faced Milwaukee yet this season. The last time he faced the Brewers was 6/30/08. Davis got the win in that start, a 6-3 Arizona victory. Looper is coming off a strong start. However, that was at home and he wasn't nearly as sharp in his most recent road outing. For the season, he's got a poor 5.02 ERA and 1.521 WHIP on the road. Looper lost to the Diamondbacks back in May and has an ugly 7.16 ERA in three career starts against them. He got rocked in his lone start here at Arizona, giving up seven runs (6 earned) in just 3 1/3 innings. While they've had real trouble with elite teams, the Dbax have quietly taken care of other bad teams in recent weeks. In fact, they've gone a surprising 18-8 (+8.6) their last 26 games against teams with a losing record, most recently sweeping Houston from 8/21 to 8/23. This is their first opportunity to face a losing team since then and I expect them to start things off with a victory. *9 Personal Favorite

Mr. IWS
09-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Ben Burns

Eskimos Pick / 9 units CFL GOW.

Diamondbacks -129 / 9 units.

Giants -128 / 7 units.