PDA

View Full Version : TUF Season 10 thread

Mr. IWS
09-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Anyone check out the first episode?

Rampages act is getting real old IMO. I dont like Rashad either, but his team should dominate the competition.

SPX
09-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Rampage really lost my respect after he talked shit on Forrest after the Griffin/Silva debacle. Forrest is an emotional guy. We saw that after the Jardine fight. Some guys are just that way. Don't hate.

Rashad on the other hand has actually seemed a lot classier lately, and I think the loss to Machida humbled him a bit.

I thought the first episode was pretty entertaining, but it seemed heavily scripted . . . not like other seasons. Like, it was no coincidence that Rampage really wanted Kimbo. That shit was obviously set up for entertainment purposes. I'll keep watching, though.

zY|
09-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Rampage is an absolutely abysmal coach.

SPX
09-17-2009, 02:15 PM

He is. I noticed that the last time he was on the show. (Can't remember what season that was.) He was terrible. No coaching skills whatsoever.

Mr. IWS
09-17-2009, 02:26 PM

I swear it seemed like anytime Tiki would shout something, Rampage would just repeat it.

Mr. IWS
09-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Nasty cut from episode 1

Mr. IWS
09-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Huge Ratings for the premier.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16223/the-ultimate-fighter-10-debut-shatters-spike-tv-ratings-records-wins-timeslot-in-key-demos.mma

With the show seemingly on its deathbed in recent years, the UFC and Spike TV's reality series "The Ultimate Fighter" recently debuted its 10th season on Wednesday and scored the biggest ratings in series and Spike TV history.

According to Spike TV, "TUF 10," which features an eclectic mix of MMA and NFL veterans (most notably, former EliteXC headliner Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson), debuted with a whopping 4.1 million viewers.

The series' previous high was 2.8 million viewers, who tuned in for the "TUF 3" premiere in 2006.

The 4.1 million viewers (2.9 household rating) created the largest audience for a single "TUF" episode and a record for a season debut of any show in Spike TV history.

"The intriguing cast of 'The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights' has true mass appeal, and the numbers show that this sport is not just for a niche audience anymore," stated Spike TV president Kevin Kay.

Wednesday's hour-long debut, which introduced ex-UFC champs Quinton Jackson and Rashad Evans as coaches, scored big in the young-men demographics (men 18-34, M18-49, M18-24 and M25-34) and topped everything in its timeslot, including "The Jay Leno Show" and the season finale of "America's Got Talent," both of which aired on network television.

Spike TV is available in 98.6 million homes.

SPX
09-18-2009, 11:27 AM
I bet Dana and company are laughing all the way to the bank with this one. I wonder whose idea exactly it was to coerce Kimbo into signing up for TUF and I also wonder how much he's REALLY getting paid to be on the show.

Good to hear the show's getting good ratings. I personally will be tuning in every week.

Mr. IWS
09-24-2009, 08:09 AM
Kimbo vs Big Country next week!

SPX
09-24-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm pretty surprised about that. I thought for sure they would give him someone easy for his first fight.

Mr. IWS
09-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Bad matchup for Kimbo. I dont think Nelson will finish him though.

Would be SHOCKED if Kimbo won.

Mr. IWS
09-25-2009, 08:53 AM
Nice promo for the Kimbo/Big Country fight

http://mmasportsreport.com/545/sneak-pe ... roy-nelson (http://mmasportsreport.com/545/sneak-peek-into-next-weeks-kimbo-slice-vs-roy-nelson)

Luke
09-25-2009, 12:59 PM
I have never watched an episode of TUF but would like to see the Kimbo fight . What channel is it on and what day of the week?

I heard Kimbo gets KO'd in his first fight

Mr. IWS
09-25-2009, 01:28 PM
wednesday at 10 pm.

Mr. IWS
09-28-2009, 10:53 AM
All you can do is ::lmao:: at this:

The fighter known as “Kimbo Slice” has helped deliver the strongest ratings in the 10 season history of The Ultimate Fighter series. In an interview with Mike Chiappetta from Spike TV, UFC president Dana White recently revealed that Slice requested a clause in his contract that would protect the fighter's trademark beard during his time in the TUF house.

Pranks in the TUF house have become commonplace in nearly every TUF season and Slice and his manager were concerned that someone would shave his beard while he slept. Aside from the unusual “beard protection” request that White could not guarantee, he described Slice and his manager and as very professional and likable during the contract negotiation process.

In another tale of Slice's eccentricities, his TUF 10 castmate Justin Wren described a story to the TapouT Radio show where, “He (Slice) went down to ATT to train and he got arm-barred. Kimbo doesn’t like to tap so he didn’t tap and the guy hurt his arm so he came back in there with a gun!”

Wren continued, “He felt the guy was really trying to hurt him so he said if someone is going to really try and hurt me, in my career, that is how my make money for my family, so then he said he went and got a gun and was starting to come back in there and they stopped him at the door . . . that was straight out of his mouth.”

Surely hearing that story saved helped ensure that Kimbo's beard stayed intact.

zY|
09-28-2009, 04:01 PM
wednesday at 10 pm.

And on Spike.

Mr. IWS
09-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Predictions for tonight? Kimbo vs Big Country

I like big country in a decision.

SPX
09-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Predictions for tonight? Kimbo vs Big Country

I like big country in a decision.

If Roy doesn't win this one, then I'll be both shocked and elated. He seems like a cocky fuck who thinks he's too good to be there and Kimbo, while obviously quite ghetto, seems to be pretty genuine and down to earth.

Luke
09-30-2009, 05:37 PM
I say Roy by KO

SPX
10-01-2009, 01:52 PM
That fight was weak. Nelson is just fat. He didn't look impressive at all.

Mr. IWS
10-01-2009, 01:53 PM
I think his gut was getting in the way when he had Kimbo in that crucifix. LOL

The Fight was weak for sure. But after watching the previews next week, Kimbo will be back.

Mr. IWS
10-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Even bigger ratings for episode 3. People can say what they want about Kimbo, but he gets people watching.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AnyGIykLwzAGgrrROTc16Gw9Eo14?slug=ki-tufratings100109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Just like he did last year for CBS, Kimbo Slice delivered massive ratings on Wednesday for Spike TV. Slice’s much-heralded fighting debut on Season 10 of “The Ultimate Fighter,” in which he lost by second-round technical knockout to Roy Nelson, drew 6.8 million viewers, said Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White.
White said an average of 5.3 million viewers tuned in for the initial viewing of the show, which aired at 10 p.m. Eastern Time. The immediate replay, which began at 11 p.m. ET, attracted an average of 1.5 million viewers. White said a normal 11 p.m. immediate replay draws “a hell of a lot less than 1.5 million.” Many of the show’s first-run episodes have not attracted that many viewers in recent seasons.
The sheer volume of viewers surpassed the amount Slice attracted for his May 31, 2008, bout with James Thompson on CBS. That live Elite XC card peaked at 6.51 million viewers during the Slice-Thompson fight.
The UFC had relentlessly hyped Wednesday’s episode, calling the Slice-Nelson fight the biggest match in the show’s history. The show’s final 15 minutes, when the fight was shown for the first time, did a 7.86 rating among males ages 18 to 34. Overall, the fight itself had 6.1 million viewers.
“These numbers are beyond huge,” White said. “I’m blown away. I honestly am blown away. I knew it was going to be big. This is massive. Do you understand how significant these numbers are, getting more viewers than CBS?”
Slice’s addition to the Season 10 cast has helped the show garner record ratings – more than three times their normal number – through the first three weeks. The one-time street brawler, who made his reputation with a series of videos on YouTube that drew tens of millions of views, has continued to attract viewers despite less than stellar fighting credentials.
In his last fight prior to facing Nelson on “The Ultimate Fighter,” Slice was knocked out in just 14 seconds by light heavyweight Seth Petruzelli on a fight broadcast live on CBS.
Just three days shy of a year to the day after his loss to Petruzelli, droves of viewers tuned in Wednesday to watch him fight Nelson on Spike in a match taped in June. The ratings were boosted in no small part by the UFC’s massive marketing push. White said Wednesday’s episode generated the highest number of males 18-34 and males 18-49 in the network’s history. It beat out the September 2007 UFC 75 card headlined by Quinton Jackson vs. Dan Henderson and an Ultimate Fight Night card that featured the third bout between Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock.
“It’s hard to say why, but some people have it and some don’t, and Kimbo definitely does,” White said.
White wasn’t impressed by Nelson’s performance in stopping Slice and hasn’t been pleased with the fights in any of the first three weeks. But he said that will change for the better soon.
“It’s a really good season,” White said. “The fight (between Slice and Nelson) sucked. I wasn’t happy with any of the fights the first three weeks, to be honest. I was disappointed by the way we came out of the gate in terms of the fights. But the fights really get better. By episode 8, believe me when I tell you, you’re going to be going wild.”
White wouldn’t say whether Slice will fight in December on either the show’s live finale on Dec. 5 in Las Vegas or at UFC 107 a week later in Memphis, Tenn. Slice alluded to such a bout during a promotional conference call on Monday.
White, though, hinted that Slice may return to fight again on the reality show, as was briefly suggested in the coming attractions.
“Hang in there, man,” White said when asked if Slice were going to fight for the UFC in December. “The season’s not over yet. Stay tuned is all I’ll tell you.”

Luke
10-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Heres a big surprise:

"White has said Kimbo will stay with the company – whether he wins this season or not. Slice will fight in December, presumably at either the undercard of the TUF 10 finale on Dec. 5 or at UFC 107, a pay-per-view event in Memphis."

From Yahoo

So when Dana said Kimbo wouldnt be invited to the UFC but he could get into TUF to try to earn a postion it was all a load of crap to get ratings?

Mr. IWS
10-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Yup. Looks like he already got the contract all the guys in the house are fighting for.

Its a good move for the UFC, because he will sell PPV's, but this season is becoming a bit of a joke now. Kimbo will be back on the show next week probably.

SPX
10-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Yup. Looks like he already got the contract all the guys in the house are fighting for.

I'm sure that shit was all set up before Kimbo even stepped foot in the house.

Dana White is such a fucking liar like that. It's just like the situation with Fedor. He talks TONS of shit about how Fedor is "not even top 20" and how he is "fat" and "sucks" and then as soon as it looks like he MIGHT be able to sign Fedor to a contract he stumbles over himself to do so and offers all kinds of money and contract clauses that he's never even given anyone else.

Mr. IWS
10-02-2009, 02:15 PM
I read an interview with Big Country, ill have to find it, but he basically calls White a hippecrite too.

Saying that the object of TUF is to take as little damage as you can, and advance through the competition, and he does that against Kimbo, and White was talking shit about how he won.

Mr. IWS
10-02-2009, 02:20 PM
I read an interview with Big Country, ill have to find it,

here it is:

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/10/01/roy-nelson-comes-out-swinging-after-beating-kimbo-slice-on-tuf/

Ariel Helwani: Have you noticed any drastic changes to your life since the fight aired on Wednesday night?
Roy Nelson: I've lost sleep because now I have to wake up early to do interviews.

That's it?
Yeah, that's the drastic change in my life. It kinda sucks.

So people aren't noticing you more where you live?
Nah.

What did you think of the episode?
It was alright. I don't think it was a spectacular fight, by any means, but for the fans in the UFC in front of 10,000 fans plus, it would be a totally different fight. But since we're in the house, and we need to get three fights in five weeks, it's pretty clear what you want to do. Dana said it best, Roy went in, took no damage, and just won. And that's what I did. I like to be a good boy for Dana.

So your approach to the fight would have been different had this been a live fight on pay-per-view?
Definitely, because then you are actually looking for the entertainment value. I would actually probably throw a right hand. This fight, I didn't even throw a right hand, so I think I did pretty good just with my jab.

But didn't you want to impress Dana since he was watching you fight live for the first time in the Octagon?
I actually impressed him by letting him touch my belly. You know what? The thing that impresses people is just getting the 'w.' In that whole situation, they say they only have one contract, but apparently they already gave it to Kimbo, so I'm just trying to make sure I still have a job.

Dana has often said that he isn't impressed when a fighter just gets a victory. The Fabricio Werdum vs. Andrei Arlovski fight from April 2007 comes to mind as an example. So does a part of you wish you would have fought a more exciting fight?
Not really, because Werdum and Arlovski, they both got paid. For that fight, I wouldn't have been able to go to Burger King and actually buy me a Whopper. So I mean, it's a totally completely different aspect of what you are trying to do when you are in that house, because the whole thing is just about getting the 'w.' Dana said it for the last nine seasons, so if he's changing it for Kimbo, then you know what? It's all about the spin, and Dana is the best spin doctor, and I was just confused because I'm always trying to be a good boy and just listen to what Dana wants me to do.

What did Dana say to you after the fight?
I think he wasn't happy with that fight. I mean, everybody was really mad. Kimbo's whole entourage was there, which was kind of funny since we are all supposed to be isolated, but Kimbo actually had his whole fan base, the whole 305 over there. There's definitely some favoritism already built up there. Whatever. But they simply said to me that I have a better skill set than Kimbo, which I don't know if it's true. I'm just a fat guy. I'm going to go with one of my favorite sponsors, TapouT, [and say] I'm just bad for the sport.

Did you get the impression that the people working on the show were upset that Kimbo lost?
I'll tell you the executive producer of The Ultimate Fighter was very upset. He doesn't know fighting, he was just like, 'Oh, there goes my cash cow.'

Did he actually say that?
No, that was the impression I got.

Was that Craig Piligian?
Yeah, that's my favorite guy.

Why?
Oh, he's just my favorite.

Are you kidding?
No, he's a tall guy with glasses, and he's awesome. He makes the show look so spectacular because he's a good PR doctor.

Back to Kimbo's entourage, how many people were actually there because I didn't notice any extra people around?
Actually, if you go back and actually look at the clips, they are actually behind where Dana, Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta are. There's his entourage screaming 305. I mean, I didn't really get to see it because I was concentrating on the fight, but everybody kind of told me about it, and I was like, 'What?' I think he really did have a media room in the house because there was one door in our bedroom where it was locked all the time.

Really?
I don't know if he had an iPhone, but he definitely wasn't on the same contract as everybody else.

Was there any resentment in the house because of this?
No, we just had a list in the house, and we made sure we ordered food on his list because we knew Kimbo would get it.

Did his entourage come to the house?
Not actually at the house, but the fact that they could even show up was pretty, I guess, ballsy, I would say. It's kind of insulting.

So it bugged you?
Just that from what you're told and then what you see is totally different, yeah. It's very insulting when you think you have to put your life on hold for six weeks, and it's not really that.

Before you went on TUF, you were always kind of perceived as the lovable heavyweight with the big belly, but now it seems like some fans have turned on you beginning with the argument you had with Rashad Evans and after this fight. Have you noticed that?
You know what? I don't think it's my fans who have been following MMA for however long I've been in the business. It's actually the Kimbo fans because I kind of ruined or shattered their dreams. But I'm just kind of reopening their eyes or letting them know that their dream could still live on because I suck and I'm going to go around telling everybody I suck so bad that I'm the official suck-meter of the UFC. So if you can't beat me, and I just suck so bad, I'll be the gatekeeper, then you shouldn't even be in the UFC. So at least I'll always have a job because I really suck. I'm just a fat guy, out of shape. If you can't beat me, you need to get some new coaches or something.

Sounds like you are playing some mind games.
Not really mind games, but I'm just kind of going to go with the flow with what the fans are saying. I just want to be agreeable; I want to be a pleaser. And that's all I want to do. I want to please the fans or the haters. One or the other (laughs).

Are you just sitting back and laughing at some of the comments you've read recently about what kind of fighter you are?
I live in a reality TV show without the cameras daily now, so it's actually kind of funny. But just to read some of the comments, I just think people are either really stupid or they just don't know. But you know what? I'm just embracing it now. I'm so out of shape, I shouldn't fight, but you know what? The thing is, I beat Kimbo, so that doesn't really say much, I guess.

What do you mean when you say you live in a reality TV show?
Oh, just listening to people's comments and what everybody is saying, it's just drama. You can put it on during daytime on CBS or NBC, and you got your own drama show or soap opera (laughs).

Do you think that this will be the defining moment of your career?
I hope not. That was just another day in the office. I mean, you're supposed to win three fights in the house, so I'm hoping to get a couple of wins while I'm in the house and make it to the finale. I mean, we already know Kimbo's got another fight. I think he already took everybody's contract, so I don't even know why anyone is going to bother fighting in December.

Does it bug you that it has gotten out that he is going to fight again in December?
No, not really. This is the PR machine talking about there is only one contract, and now we know that it's a lie, unless Kimbo already took it. If Kimbo already has it then there's no more contracts.

On a recent edition of The MMA Hour, you said that trying out for TUF was strictly a business decision, and with that in mind, I wrote on Wednesday that you are the MMA businessman of the year because this all pretty much worked out perfectly for you. Do you agree with that assessment?
It was definitely a business decision. As for Kimbo, Kimbo is definitely one of the top 3 fighters, for sure, on Rampage's team. He's just very one-dimensional. That's why when you hear Kimbo talking about going down to 205, that notion came from me when we had a long discussion of MMA business. So, I am the businessman when it comes to MMA, so I know kind of what's going on just like Dana, who is playing the awesome game of spin doctor to keep Kimbo relevant, because the one thing Kimbo does is put butts in the seats. So does Ken Shamrock.

Were you impressed with any part of his game?
The one thing I was impressed with was afterward -- we're roommates -- he wanted to know how to get out of the crucifix, so I showed him what I was doing and how I beat him, the whole nine yards. At the same time, I was looking at his forehead, and was thinking, 'Man, you look like the elephant man,' because he had a big hematoma on his forehead. But for the most part, that's the thing that I respected most. Just the fact that he wanted to learn. At the same time, I don't know if that was just a game, but for the most part, me and Kimbo always got along.

Was it awkward to share a room with Kimbo after beating him?
No, because in the pecking order of the house, everybody kind of knew where everybody kind of stood in the house, and me and Kimbo, I think we got a pretty good friendship going, and the best guy was going to win.

Have you talked to him since leaving the house?
I talked to him twice, and then tomorrow I'll be talking to him.

What's happening tomorrow?
Tomorrow we are filming the Spike TV show, 'Aftermath.'

Back to the fight, do you think Herb Dean should have stopped it at the end of the first round?
I think Herb Dean is a retard.

Really? Because, as I'm sure you know, he's considered one of the best referees in MMA.
I beg to differ. I mean, he's a little better than some of the Florida refs, I'll give him that. But Herb is very, I want to say, controlled by some influential people just because he was afraid to stop the fight because he was like, 'Am I going to get fired? I don't know? Am I going to get fired.' And I'm sitting there yelling at Herb. The biggest thing going through my mind was, Oh, Florida all over again. That's all I could think of. And then when we got to the second round, I was just thinking that if we get to that point, I would make sure we count. I even started counting, the whole nine yards. I know I was going to get in that same position again, and it wasn't going to be a big deal. But this time I was going to do it right away versus waiting towards the end of the round because Kimbo tried to come at me, and that's exactly what I wanted. [I wanted] him to body clinch so he did the work, and I didn't have to do it. Jiu jitsu 101: make the other guy do all the work. Then, once I got there, took him down and just crucifixed him again, but now I got four minutes to work, and it doesn't matter how long I do it; I could do it forever.

Did you say anything to Herb after the fight?
Yeah, I was like, 'Hey, Herb, what were you thinking?,' and he just walked away. So I was like, 'Hey, good reffing, Herb.' I mean, what can you say? It's a ref, you can't really badmouth him. You can just point out the obvious and the facts. 'Were you waiting until I got to 50?' I think that's what I asked. I said, 'How many punches does it take?'

Was it hard to keep the secret of this outcome to yourself?
Not really, because it's really just another day in the office. I was just curious about how everyone was going to talk. You know, the spin doctor. I just like to know how people are going to portray things. Like, Kimbo now says he wants to fight me, which would be great. I could always use a 'w' that actually counts on my record. But for the most part, he just needs to win a couple more fights, and then I would be happy to give him that. They could do like EliteXC, and give him the easy road to, I guess, keep him relevant, and then he could fight me again because he will probably get to the UFC championship before I would just because he puts butts in the seats, and then after that, I could steal his thunder.

If you were in charge of the UFC, would you bring him back?
Yeah, because he makes money for them. Remember, I am the businessman of the year (laughs).

But do you think he deserves to be fighting in the big leagues, so to speak.
Hey, welcome to the new boxing. Dana has said that before. We can actually get Bob Arum. What a retard.

Alright, well how will you spend your time for the next couple of months?
Like always, I always train, because it's one of those habits I've formed because you never know when you'll get that phone call. But I'm actually just going to watch the show to see how it all unfolds. Hopefully, we'll see Kimbo fight again and maybe get beat by somebody else. I don't know.

You sound like one of those Spike promos.
Hey, I still gotta keep Dana happy and the UFC. I mean, you never know. You got Marcus Jones passing out, so maybe Kimbo ... In my latest blog I said, I was going to maybe be walking upstairs and have a heart attack. Maybe he took my spot. We don't know.

Finally, you still happy you did the show?
So far, yes. I probably will always say yes because it's good exposure and a good business move. I don't know the numbers yet, but hopefully there are 7 million more people who know me more than before.

Mr. IWS
10-02-2009, 03:36 PM
looks like Kimbo comes back to fight Brendan Schaub.

So this is probably the main reason why I will never be a video editor. Alright so wednesday night's episode there is a scene in which Rashad Evans' team is kicking it outside talking about an upcoming fight with Roy Nelson. In the video Roy Nelson talks to Brendan Schuab and says 'you get him in the crucifixication position and just hit him with unanswered shots like I was'. Pay attention to the clip, everyone is talking to Schaub and Nelson refers to his previous fight with Kimbo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6qfcu2v ... r_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6qfcu2vlgE&feature=player_embedded)

SPX
10-02-2009, 03:38 PM
looks like Kimbo comes back to fight Brendan Schaub.

Interesting. I wish I could remember exactly who that is.

Luke
10-02-2009, 04:04 PM

Its a good move for the UFC, because he will sell PPV's, but this season is becoming a bit of a joke now. Kimbo will be back on the show next week probably.

I hate Dana White but he's a business man and knew Kimbo would bring ratings and pay per view buys.I wouldnt have cared if he had just gave him a contract in the UFC without going to TUF but I dont like the lying about how he would have to earn it

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Rampage is a fuckin asshole. His fighter has a fight, and he goes out to breakfast and leaves his guy sitting there waiting to warm up. Then the guy loses, and he dont go in and check on him.

When this series started, I really didnt like Rashad, and kind of liked Rampage. Its the total opposite now.

Brendan Shaub looked pretty good BTW.

Luke
10-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Rampage is a fuckin asshole. His fighter has a fight, and he goes out to breakfast and leaves his guy sitting there waiting to warm up. Then the guy loses, and he dont go in and check on him.

When this series started, I really didnt like Rashad, and kind of liked Rampage. Its the total opposite now.

Brendan Shaub looked pretty good BTW.

I know what you mean about Rampage .It was a dick move to not go check on him after the fight and try to lift his spirits up. I think Rampage hates losing to Rashads fighters because it makes him look like a worse coach than Rashad . I dont watch the whole episdoe I only DVR them and then watch the fights so I dont know what goes on the rest of the show

zY|
10-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Not gonna comment on Rampage's behavior. It really speaks for itself.

Just want to agree with being impressed with Brendan Schaub as well as Demico. This was the first fight this season that I wasn't embarassed to watch. They were both athletic, skilled, and agile, and didn't look to gas out in 30 seconds. Also, how often do you see an anaconda choke complete with gator roll in a TUF fight, especially from lumbering heavyweights?

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 07:51 PM
how often do you see an anaconda choke complete with gator roll in a TUF fight, especially from lumbering heavyweights?

Exactly.

He stayed calm in the bottom position, got the escape and pulled a real nice sub. Im looking forward to seeing him fight again.

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 07:52 PM
I think every episode will end with previews of a guy getting hurt and the possibility of Kimbo returning.

::lmao::

2 weeks in a row now for that.

zY|
10-09-2009, 05:20 AM
I think every episode will end with previews of a guy getting hurt and the possibility of Kimbo returning.

Yeah I'm getting annoyed with that. And honestly if there really is an injury I'd rather see Demico come back than Kimbo.

SPX
10-09-2009, 10:52 AM

I missed this episode, so I guess Kimbo didn't come back on this one.

What's the deal with dude's knee?

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Marcus?

He was fine.

Luke
10-14-2009, 01:30 PM
A buddy told me he found out who the two finalist where

He said they were

Roy Nelson and Brendan Schaub

He must be pretty confident in the info he got because he said he bet both of them to win .Said he got Roy at +250 to win and Schaub at +500

I have no idea if this info is right or wrong ,hell I dont even know which one Schaub is but this is the same friend that said Kimbo got TKO'd in his first fight two weeks before it happened

Mr. IWS
10-14-2009, 03:43 PM
That wouldnt suprise me at all. from what I have read though, Scott Junk is a beast. I wanna see him fight,but from the guys Ive seen, Nelson and Schuab are the best 2 so far.

Mr. IWS
10-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Kimbo/Alexander Rumored for Memphis

Wednesday, October 14 9:43 am PT: In trumpeting the puzzling charisma of Kimbo Slice on “The Ultimate Fighter,” the UFC has essentially given home to a pet they’ll wind up serving up for dinner. No one gets a free ride in the organization: if you’re friends with promoter Dana White, you’re likely to get treated even more harshly. (Chuck Liddell, fed killer after killer in his twilight years, being exhibit A.)

Slice won’t be getting any dock workers or veterans approaching senility, but he might luck out by getting a man virtually guaranteed to stand with him: light heavyweight Houston Alexander, a potential opponent for Slice at UFC 107 in Memphis on December 12. (Rumor courtesy Fiveouncesofpain.com.) If Alexander has ever shot in for a takedown in his UFC career, I missed it.

This is about as much of a gift-wrapped opponent as you’re likely to get in the UFC, and it’s still not much of one: Alexander is faster on the draw than Slice, who’s used to the relatively slower speeds of the bigger guys. But there aren’t many alternatives: try to imagine him in a fight with a Cain Velasquez or Pat Barry. You’d have to put crime scene tape around the ring.

I think Houston will KO kimbo if this goes down.

Mr. IWS
10-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Dam, I thought Wren was gonna pop Sims head off with that Arm triangle. That shit was vicious.

Mr. IWS
10-15-2009, 11:22 AM

Another, "a fighter gets injured, Kimbo could return" teaser at the end of the show.

Luke
10-15-2009, 12:24 PM
I missed it last night what happened?

Mr. IWS
10-15-2009, 01:47 PM

Wes Sims fought Justin Wren. Wren choked him out in about 1 minute. Other than that, same old shit that happens every episode. Kimbo talking about fighting again.

Luke
10-15-2009, 02:34 PM

Wes Sims fought Justin Wren. Wren choked him out in about 1 minute. Other than that, same old shit that happens every episode. Kimbo talking about fighting again.

I forgot to DVR it was to busy sweating out Tulsa

Mr. IWS
10-22-2009, 09:03 AM
First episode in 3 or 4 weeks that they didnt tease Kimbo coming back at the end...LOL

Luke
10-22-2009, 01:12 PM
First episode in 3 or 4 weeks that they didnt tease Kimbo coming back at the end...LOL

I forgot to watch it again .What happened?

I havent remembered to watch it since the Kimbo fight

Mr. IWS
10-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Rampage acted like an asshole again, Tiki had a hard time training the fighters with Rampages nuts in his mouth.

Rashad ran the count to 6-0, his guy, Schoonover, won via Triangle in about 2:30 of the first round.

Luke
10-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks Zak one of these days I'll remember to DVR it

zY|
10-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Rampage's sage advice.

"Titties. He's got titties!"

I'd love to see him go 0-8, but I think Big Baby is gonna beat Meathead. It's pretty obvious he's afraid of him.

Mr. IWS
10-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Mitrione is fuckin hillarious, or just plain crazy. I think its all an act though.

LOL @ the lack of cardio Junk and Meathead came with.

Mr. IWS
11-02-2009, 10:34 AM
This is fuckin crazy right here/

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/10/30/ ... h-lawsuit/ (http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/10/30/tuf-10s-zak-jensen-faces-wrongful-death-lawsuit/)
TUF 10’s Zak Jensen Faces Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Posted by Cory Brady on Friday, October 30, 2009 at 6:43 pm• 13 Comments
The Stillwater Gazette has reported that the family of the late Josh Gunderson filed a wrongful death lawsuit against The Ultimate Fighter 10 cast member Zak Jensen in a Washington County Court late Thursday, along with a man by the name of Jason Jones and Sterling Systems, which is owned by Jones. All of which have been accused of negligence in Gunderson’s death.
The lawsuit was formally filed by Elizabeth Gunderson Koll, mother to the deceased Josh Gunderson on his behalf.
According to published reports, Gunderson died in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico during a March vacation along with Jensen and a female by the name of Ashley Jones. Apparently Jensen was working for the Jones family as a bodyguard.
While details surrounding exactly what happened that fateful day in Mexico are still coming to the surface, below is an account of what went on by the Stillwater Gazette:
A statement included with the court documents offers the first accounts of what happened prior to Gunderson’s death.
Concierge Ma de Lourdes Becerra Perez said she got involved when she heard a woman talking loudly on the phone, saying “There is nothing I can do, he is not breathing.” She then saw Jensen run down the stairs in a bloody white shirt.
Ashley Jones was trying to close her suitcase and talking on her cell phone when Perez arrived in the room. She said, “I’m going to the airport now,” and Jensen added that “Her parents are trying to get a flight to go back home,” Perez said.
When Perez asked what happened, Jensen told her he woke up to Jones’ screaming, “Get off of me.” He said he got up and saw Josh on top of her and attacking her. Jensen told Perez he took Gunderson away from her but had to defend himself when Gunderson turned on him.
Gunderson walked toward the bathroom and Jensen went to console Jones, Perez recalled Jensen saying. They then heard a “strong noise” in the bathroom. Jensen walked into the bathroom and found Gunderson.
Perez said his head was on the edge of the shower and his right leg was elevated and in the toilet when she saw him.
Jensen began crying and saying the he just defended himself, Perez recalled. He then said that he tried to give him mouth to mouth and CPR.
Perez said she had to tell the bell boy to stop Jones when she saw her walking fast toward the lobby. She later disappeared after she allegedly told a security employee that she had to make a phone call.
Jensen remained in the room “pulling his hair and crying,” said Perez, who recalled him saying, “He shouldn’t be with her … He was liking her but she didn’t.”
“I’m speaking for my son,” said Elizabeth Gunderson Koll. “I just don’t know how these people can live with themselves and go on with their lives and not speak to us.”
Jensen’s management was not immediately available for comment. Stay tuned to FiveOuncesofPain as we keep you up to date on this still developing story.
As Josh Gunderson lay dead in a pool of blood in a hotel bathroom in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, his friend Ashley Jones tried to arrange a flight home to Minnesota, according to a wrongful-death lawsuit filed Thursday in Washington County District Court.
When a concierge at the Sheraton Hotel entered the room where Gunderson and Jones were staying on spring break, she saw Jones "squatting, trying to close a suitcase and talking on her cell phone," she told authorities.
The concierge, Lourdes Becerra Perez, asked what Jones was doing and was told: "I'm going to the airport now." Zachary Jensen, who was traveling with Jones and Gunderson, told Perez that Jones' parents were "trying to get her a flight to go back home."
The concierge's statement was included in a lawsuit filed against Jensen; Jason Jones, Ashley's father; and Jones' company, Sterling Systems, of Golden Valley.
Gunderson, 20, a University of St. Thomas freshman from Stillwater, died March 24 after he apparently slipped and hit his head on the bathroom floor. A spokesman for the U.S. Consulate in Guadalajara, Mexico, said in March that it appeared to be an accident.
But the Gunderson family's civil suit alleges that Jensen and Gunderson "had a physical struggle or confrontation" and that Jensen caused Gunderson to "aspirate on gastric contents, asphyxiate and die." Gunderson had a blood-alcohol level of 0.12, according to a forensic pathologist's report included in the lawsuit.
(By comparison, a Minnesota driver is legally drunk with a level of 0.08.)
Jensen told Perez he was awakened by Jones screaming "Get off of me!" Jensen said he saw Gunderson attacking Jones and that when he intervened, Gunderson attacked him.
He told Perez: "That's why I came down here, to protect her."
Jensen, 27, a mixed-martial arts fighter who has appeared on Spike TV's "The Ultimate Fighter," was Jones' father's chauffeur and was in Mexico working as Jones' bodyguard, according to the attorney for the Gunderson family.
Jensen had bloodstains on his T-shirt, hands, arms and right leg when Perez came into the hotel room, according to her statement.
"I just defended myself, he was attacking me and it just happened, I tried to give him breath from my mouth and tried to give him CPR but he didn't respond at all. I can't believe! This should not happen," Perez said Jensen told her.
The Gunderson family claims Jensen and Jones were the last people to see Josh alive and the pair have refused to communicate about the events leading to Josh's death.
Jones left Mexico before police could question her and has been served with a subpoena compelling her deposition testimony, said John Magnuson, the attorney for Liz Gunderson-Koll, Gunderson's mother.
Attempts to reach Jones and Jensen by phone were unsuccessful Thursday night.
Gunderson-Koll said not knowing what happened to her son has been heartbreaking.
"It tears you up inside," she said. "Here she is packing her suitcase as my son is lying there. Now, I'm just angry. Josh, right now he doesn't have a voice, so we're his voice, so we will find out what happened and we will get justice for him."
Gunderson-Koll, who lives in Stillwater, said more information about Gunderson's death — including Jensen's statement to Mexican police — would be released this morning at a news conference at Magnuson's law office in Stillwater.
Gunderson was a hockey captain at Stillwater Area High School, where he graduated in 2007. He attended St. Mary's University of Winona before transferring to St. Thomas.
Gunderson and Jones had a class together at the University of St. Thomas and had become friends, Gunderson-Koll said. Gunderson had spent time with Jones at her house in Minnetonka and they had watched the movie "Twilight" together.
"I hadn't met her, but he had talked about her," Gunderson-Koll said. "He said, 'I don't want a girlfriend right now, but she's nice.' "
Gunderson's family is asking for more than $50,000 in the lawsuit, but the ultimate goal of Thursday's legal action is to find out what happened to Josh, Magnuson said.
"They are seeking the truth as to how and why this very special and promising young man ended up dead in a pool of blood on the floor of a Mexican hotel room," he said. "The ultimate goal of the family is ... making sure that justice is done in his memory."

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 11:03 AM
LOL, Rampage finally gets on the board. Jones looks pretty good on the ground, standup looks suspect in the limited time they were standing.

zY|
11-06-2009, 04:47 PM
LOL Big Baby by armbar was the last thing I expected to happen. He looks like a straight up beast on the ground. Went for an americana, then a RNC, ended with a slick armbar from his back.

Mr. IWS
11-13-2009, 02:01 PM
LOL@ Dana, he really hates Roy Nelson.

He made it sound like Roy got destroyed by Wren in the first round. Wren got off some good shots, but the second half of that round Nelson Picked him apart.

Luke
11-13-2009, 02:06 PM
you guys need to remind me every week this is on so I can tape it.I forget every week this is on

D'oh

Mr. IWS
11-13-2009, 03:21 PM
you guys need to remind me every week this is on so I can tape it.I forget every week this is on

D'oh

I forgot this week, I caught it last night.

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 10:25 AM
LOL @ "the kimbo twist you wont believe" on next weeks episode.

zY|
11-20-2009, 11:36 AM
I'm bored with tuf.

Luke
11-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Me missed again

zY|
11-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Me missed again

The fat wrestler guy who you haven't seen since the first episode fought Brendon Schaub. What do you think happened?

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Me missed again

The fat wrestler guy who you haven't seen since the first episode fought Brendon Schaub. What do you think happened?

::lmao:: ::lmao::

Its ashame that the guy with the best gas tank on the show is Big Country. These young kids crack me up.

Luke
11-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Me missed again

zY|
11-20-2009, 04:44 PM
[quote=Luke]Me missed again

::lmao:: ::lmao::

Its ashame that the guy with the best gas tank on the show is Big Country. These young kids crack me up.[/quote:1vl2x3wz]

LOL yeah. Although, I think a lot of it is he knows how to pace himself and not blow his wad in the first minute.

Mr. IWS
11-24-2009, 10:37 AM
http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/11/23/tuf-contestant-darrill-schoonover-called-back-to-active-army-dut/
Darrill Schoonover, a cast member of the current season of The Ultimate Fighter, has been called back to active military duty in the U.S. Army, and will have to report shortly after his Dec. 5 fight on the TUF finale.

Schoonover, who previously served four years in the Army, believes he may be called to serve in Afghanistan, according to an interview he conducted with Shambala Sports Radio.

"At first I was kind of pissed," he said. "I was like, 'I've already served my country for four years and been out for almost two years.' I'm getting my fighting started and getting the ball rolling on that. I was kind of mad, but the very next day, I just accepted it. I'll do what I gotta do, and then I'll come back and work on my fighting."

Schoonover added that he will have to serve a 400-day stint, and that he hopes to use the time to lose weight, which may make possible a move down to the light-heavyweight division.

The 24-year-old Texas heavyweight had a perfect 10-0 record before being chosen for the Ultimate Fighter.

During the show's season, which is currently broadcasting, he became the focus of several episodes after a series of confrontations with opposing coach Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. Inside the octagon, he defeated Zak Jensen in the tournament's first round, and will fight former NFL player Marcus Jones in a quarterfinal matchup that has yet to air.

Mr. IWS
11-30-2009, 11:50 AM
I got the results of the final two shows if anyone wants them.

There should be all over the place now anyway.

Mr. IWS
11-30-2009, 11:53 AM
I know only 5 guys actually post in this section, but just in case you dont want to know, dont scroll down to see results and who is in the finals. If you do, the get to scrollin.

Kimbo was offered back in, but didnt fight because of his knee.

Mcsweeney beat Mitrione
Marcus beat Schoonover

Roy Nelson beat Mcsweeney
Shaub beat Marcus

Nelson vs Schaub in the finals.