PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather VS Marquez

SPX
09-19-2009, 07:48 PM
I know very little about boxing but a lot of people seem to think that -325 is a good price for Mayweather.

Anyone agree?

Where's Luke when you need him?

Mr. IWS
09-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Luke is flying back from Vegas as we speak.

That price is a little expensive, but he has the size and speed advantage in this one.

The only thing thats keeping me off this fight, is the layoff for Floyd.

SPX
09-19-2009, 07:58 PM
I don't know a whole lot about Mayweather, but here are some things I do know:

1. He's a real dumb fuck and he says a lot of stupid shit.

2. He's undefeated.

3. He seems to be the Fedor of boxing.

Mr. IWS
09-19-2009, 07:59 PM
YEah, the kid is bad.

This will be the first time in his last 4 fights Im not betting on him.

SPX
09-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Just dropped 5u on Mayweather. Biggest bet I've ever made.

zY|
09-20-2009, 12:38 AM
Good call!

Luke
09-20-2009, 12:47 AM
Great call SPX .I just heard he won

You didnt need my help with this one

I would have also been on Mayweather but didnt bet the fight because I knew I was going to miss it just getting back from Vegas .I jut got in an hour ago.

Good job again man

SPX
09-20-2009, 12:49 AM
Good call!

Great call SPX .I just heard he won

You didnt need my help with this one

I would have also been on Mayweather but didnt bet the fight because I knew I was going to miss it just getting back from Vegas .I jut got in an hour ago.

Good job again man

Thanks guys!

And Luke! You're back, man! Missed you around here.

Glad I went ahead and took this one (obviously). It boosted a fairly lackluster win at UFC 103.

Mr. IWS
09-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Dam, wish I would have got on Mayweather.

Nice call.

SPX
09-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Dam, wish I would have got on Mayweather.

Nice call.

After 103 was over I found a stream for this fight and was able to catch the last 3 rounds.

There's something about boxing that is just so CLASSIC. Everything is different from MMA, from the way the fights themselves go, to the announcers, to the overall look and feel.

I almost never watch it, and when I do, am just kind of "eh" about it. But when it's a big fight like last night's and really is sort of reminiscent of the days when boxing was huge and Tyson was fighting and it makes me wish that could still be the case today. Unfortunately, corruption in the sport combined with the fact that there aren't a lot of noteworthy personalities anymore and, generally speaking, most boxing matches are just kind of boring (in a lot of people's opinions) makes me thing that the sport's best years are probably behind it.

Mr. IWS
09-20-2009, 10:44 AM
I know what your saying. Nothing is like that "Big Fight" atmosphere. I have so many memorys of when I was a kid, and My dad would get the Tyson fights on PPV. I would have butterflys watching Tyson fight.

Personal life aside, Mike Tyson will always be my favorite athlete of all time.

SPX
09-20-2009, 10:56 AM
I know what your saying. Nothing is like that "Big Fight" atmosphere. I have so many memorys of when I was a kid, and My dad would get the Tyson fights on PPV. I would have butterflys watching Tyson fight.

Personal life aside, Mike Tyson will always be my favorite athlete of all time.

Tyson's the shit. I've always liked him and have understood that a lot of the details of his personal life are attributable to poor guidance and psychological instability. Can't really hate on the guy. Did you see the recent documentary "Tyson" that just came out a few months ago? If not, you should check it out. It's very interesting.

Mr. IWS
09-20-2009, 11:00 AM
Yup, I saw it. Great Documentery.

Luke
09-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Yup, I saw it. Great Documentery.

Havent seen it yet .Is it out on DVD?

SPX
09-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Havent seen it yet .Is it out on DVD?

Yeah, it's out. You should give it a look for sure. It's basically Mike Tyson, in his own words. No one else is consulted. Very interesting approach from James Toback. If you haven't seen it, here's the trailer:

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2842690329/

SPX
09-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Any other boxing matches coming up soon that are worth betting on? Been running into a lot of comments about Pacquiao/Cotto, but some don't seem to think that's Pacquiao's line is very good.

Any advice on how to bring myself up to speed on boxing? I'd like to understand it better.

Luke
09-23-2009, 12:10 AM
Styles make fights and the only way to educate yourself in boxing is just like MMA , you got to watch the fighters fight over time

Fights I'm think of betting:

Oct 17

Abraham -285
Taylor +235

Carl Froch -140
Andre Dirrell +115

Would take Dirrell and Abraham if I bet them

Nov 7

David Haye -230
Nikolay Valuev +190

Would take Haye

and