PDA

View Full Version : 9-23-09

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 08:42 AM
Fellas. You could really help out our forum by voting for us by going to this page and clicking the link below

http://www.investwithsports.com/toplist

then click on the little button that says, sports100.

There are no pop-ups or anything like that, and it helps us get more traffic to the forum.

Thanks a lot.

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Randall The Handle

September 23, 2009 2:45pm EST
Italy Serie A
PALERMO +1.91 over Roma PINNACLE
Palermo is a completely different team when playing at home, as they will be in this intriguing affair. For whatever reason, Palermo is one of the best teams in Italy when they play in Palermo in front their home crowd. They have a very balanced attack and can truly score on any team, especially a team that has severe trouble keeping the ball out of its net, as does their opposition. Since the coaching change, Roma has been playing better as a unit, as they have won their last two league games, however, we cannot ignore the fact that they have allowed eight goals against in four matches in Italy’s Serie A. Playing in Palermo doesn’t make things any easier, as Palermo’s unique attack should score enough goals to get a win at home. Last season these teams split the season series both winning at home, that trend should continue here. Play: PALERMO +1.91 (Risking 2 units).

September 23, 2009 2:45pm EST
Italy Serie A
AC Milan +1.38 over UDINESE PINNACLE
Since the drubbing at the hands of city rival Inter Milan, AC Milan have been in fine form going four matches overall without a defeat. They looked awfully impressive in their opening Champions League fixture winning convincingly in France against a very good Marseille squad and than followed it up with a 1-0 victory against Bologna. Although still very early, AC Milan seemingly need this victory much more than Udinese if they are to keep pace with the league leaders, as they are already five points out of first. AC Milan cannot afford to drop any points here against a mid table opponent in Udinese. Udinese will not roll over in this one as they have the ability to cause teams problems, however, AC Milan just have too much talent and will find a way to get the victory. This game may be close, but at this price and the obvious difference in talent level, AC Milan is a very good play. Play: AC Milan +1.38 (Risking 2 units).

September 23, 2009 4:00pm EST
Spain La Liga
Valencia +1.46 over GETAFE PINNACLE
Valencia keeps on offering very good value for some reason and until they start losing they should be considered every time. At this price how can we pass on a very talented Valencia side? Sure Getafe is playing at home and sure they are decent, but that is about it. They are just that, decent, not great not even good. Getafe will try to slow the pace of this game down and try to counter attack against Valencia. Valencia has a lethal attacking bunch and score in bunches as well. Last season Valencia had their way playing against Getafe besting them twice making it look rather easy both at home and on the road. I don’t expect Valencia to drop any points in this one and in fact should win rather comfortably in my opinion. Valencia are contenders year after year while Getafe is usually happy to finish somewhere in the middle of the table. The play here is obvious and at really a great price. Play: Valencia +1.46 (Risking 2 units).

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Brad Diamond Sports

4* American League Game Of The Week 80% Angles

Play on: 4* Texas (979) over Oakland

Although, the Rangers are on the road, I still like our chances with RHP Hunter of the Rangers to take home the cash. Hunter is 1-0 with a solid 3.65 ERA life time versus the A’s. More important, the youngster is on the rise as a quality American League hurler. Hunter is 2-1 with a 3.08 ERA on the road, while holding right-handed hitters to under a .210 BA last four games out. Behind Hunter as a chalk the Rangers are red hot at 7-1, while going 5-1 versus losing baseball teams.

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Stephen Nover
Wednesday Winner

60-Dime Angels (Kazmir over Burnett)

THOUGHTS - I have my American League Game of the Year going today. I've waited all season for a combination of right spot, right pitching matchup and right price. It's come all together in this matchup.

My three-game winning streak on paid selections was halted on Tuesday when the Twins-White Sox went over the total. Now it's time to get back to winning with the biggest play of my career!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

60-Dime Angels (with Kazmir over Burnett) - Noted Yankee killer Scott Kazmir is pitching well for the Angels these days. Kazmir draws the Yankees today in a great spot.

New York held on to a 5-0 lead to edge the Angels, 6-5, last night. The win clinches the Yankees' 14th playoff berth in 15 years.

This is a day game following a night game. It's also getaway day for the Yankees. They're returning back to New York after being on the West Coast to start their final regular-season homestand beginning with a big Friday game against arch-rival Boston.

Clearly, this is a letdown spot for New York. The Yankees rarely win in Anaheim having dropped 20 of their last 26 games at Angel Stadium. They are very pleased to get a victory. The ramifications of the Yankees clinching, plus playing a day game following a tough night game, probably mean a number of regulars are going to get the day off. This could include Alex Rodriguez and Jorge Posada. Left-handed batters Johnny Damon and Hideki Matsui may not start either against southpaw Kazmir.

While the situation certainly is in Los Angeles' favor, the starting pitching matchup has to be right, too. That's also the case. Kazmir has allowed four earned runs in 25 1/3 innings since joining the Angels for an ERA of 1.42. He's off his finest start as an Angel shutting out Texas on the road last Friday going six innings and giving up six hits with no walks and five strikeouts.

Kazmir pitches with great confidence against the Yankees, an opponent he has enjoyed fine success against. Kazmir is 2-0 with a 2.63 ERA versus the Yankees this season. In 14 lifetime appearances against the Yankees, Kazmir has a 2.53 ERA.

The Yankees are going with A.J. Burnett, who pitched well early in the season but has tailed off since. He hasn't pitched two good games in a row in more than a month. In three of his last six starts, Burnett has been tagged for at least six earned runs.

New York has lost five of Burnett's past seven starts. The Yankees also are 1-5 the last six times Burnett has been a road underdog.

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 12:19 PM
SSG half bets
(MLB) GUARANTEED 9* Best bet of the day – YANKEES v. ANGELS – 3:35pm

September 23, 2009 by SSG

YOU HAVE PURCHASED THIS CONTENT

GUARANTEED to win or your money back!!
Premium content follows:

Wednesday Sep 23rd
NY v. LA 3:35pm
PICK: Yankees ML +110 (9*) Best bet of the day

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Kelso Highrollers Baseball

Wednesday, September 23, 2009
National League Game Of The Week15 UnitsReds {H.Bailey} (-125) over Pirates {K.Hart}
7:05 PM -- PNC Park
National League Game Of The Week 15 Units Cincinnati Reds (70-81) -125 over PITTSBURGH PIRATES (56-93) Pitching for Cincinnati: RH Homer Bailey (5-5, 5.15) Pitching for Pittsburgh: RH Kevin Hart (4-7, 4.71) Starting Time: 7:05 TV: Fox Sports Ohio, Fox Sports Pittsburgh
Partly cloudy with a 50-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing from right to left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 80.

Mr. IWS
ALATEX
MLB for TODAY
SUPERPLAY: OAKLAND +115

Mr. IWS
Trushel
20* under Houston.
reg/Angels
reg/ Oakland

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 12:34 PM
6-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 9.5 Baltimore at Toronto (7 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 23)
Note: This is my A.L. Total of the Year.

Writeup to follow.

1-Unit Play. Take 'Over' 8.5 Texas at Oakland (10 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 23)

0.5-Unit Play. Take #953 L.A. Dodgers (-1.5, -120) over Washington (7 p.m.)

Ferringo

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 12:34 PM
4 Unit Play. Take the Under 9 between the Detrioit Tigers @ Cleveland Indians (Wednesday @ 7:05pm). I actually think Cleveland has a solid chance of winning this game as the dog today. I've mentioned about the 70% and -130 or below line. Basically, when a team is favored by a small amount and the public is on that team to a tune of more than 2/3rds, the dog is expected to do well and consequently, the game goes under. Such is the case today as these two teams hook up today. Masterson is expected to have a quality start coming off one of his toughest outings of the year giving up five runs in in four innings. In fact, he has been solid at home giving up just 2 earned runs over his last 3 starts and 18 innings. His last four contests have consequently gone under as well. Porcello comes off a 0-3 loss to the Twins on the road and has done well against the Indians thus far. He has given up just 3 runs in 15 innings against the Tribe. Given that he comes off the loss to the rival Twins, I expect him to have a bounce-back start similar to Masterson and this game consequently to go under the posted total. The Under is 3-0-1 for the Tigers overall down this playoff stretch and the Under is 5-1 for Porcello's last 6 starts against the AL Central - while the Under is 8-2-2 in the Indians last 12 starts against the AL Central.

Good luck,

IC

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Anthony Redd

5 Dime Tigers

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Chris Jordan

400* Dodgers RL

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 02:12 PM
igz1 sports

Wednesday Update
Tuesday Recap: 3-0 MLB
MLB Card updated with 4 picks

MLB
3* Cincinnati -120 (Baily)

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 02:13 PM
TONY BRUNO WINS 20x HOUSTON ASTROS

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Tony Salinas Baseball
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
26*
Tigers {R.Porcello} (-115) over Indians {J.Masterson}
7:05 PM -- Progressive Field
Partly cloudy with a 30-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing out to center field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 75.
25*
Cardinals {J.Smoltz} (-125) over Astros {B.Norris}
8:05 PM -- Minute Maid Park
Cloudy with a 60-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing in from center field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 75.
24*
Twins {B.Duensing}/Whitesox {M.Buehrle} UNDER 8 Runs
8:11 PM -- U.S. Cellular Field
Partly cloudy with a 40-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing in from center field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 75.

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Kelso

National League Game Of The Week

15 Units Reds (-125) over Pirates

Partly cloudy with a 50-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing from right to left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 80.

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Indian Cowboy 9/23

4 Unit Play. Take Over 176.5 between the Phoenix Mercury @ LA Sparks (Wednesday @ 10pm est). Sometimes it is not a good idea for a team to defeat another team just prior to the playoffs. Such is the case as these two heavyweights meet each other in the final four of the wnba playoffs. With that in mind, I expect Phoenix to have some revenge today. Keep in mind that they also lost the first game of the series to San Antonio earlier in these playoffs so they will look to not start off in a big hole. The road team has won outright and covered the spread the last three times these two teams have hooked up and I believe that will likely be the case in the playoffs for covering the spread. But rather than go against the Sparks here, I like taking the over with Phoenix as the active dog. The Over is 16-5 for the Mercury the last 21 ballgames and the Over is 2-0 this year when Phoenix has played LA in Staples.
4 Unit Play. Take Under 146.5 between the Indiana Fever @ Detroit Shock (Wednesday @ 8pm est). These two teams are defensive by nature. Notice the last game in Detroit between these two teams the game totaled at 133 - and that was with overtime. I don't believe that was a fluke by any nature. I sincerely believe that these two teams are defensive mind-framed squads. The Under is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings between these two teams. And, given that this is the stepping stone to the WNBA Championships, I like a defensive effort out of the game for both of these teams. I normally would have a much longer write-up, but indeed I believe the principle is that simple today. I expect a quality effort from both teams, the total is slowly starting to drop and I like this game to be a defensive contest similar to the last game these to two teams played in the Palace.
Good luck,
IC

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Steam On-Line Guaranteed Selections
Date: Wednesday, September 23, 2009

INSIDE STEAM BASEBALL PLAY OF THE MONTH
Cincinnati w/Bailey -120 7:05 EST

Mr. IWS
Rocco Vincintore Guaranteed Selections
Date: Wednesday, September 23, 2009

PREFERRED PLAYERS CLUB SUPERPLAY TOTALS WINNER
OVER 9.5 Baltimore and Toronto 7:05 EST

Mr. IWS
Doc's Sports

Baseball

4-Unit Play Take #971 Detroit Tigers -125 over Cleveland Indians (7:05p.m.)

3-Unit Play Take #976 UNDER 8 ½ RUNS #976 White Sox Minnesota Twins (8:10p.m.)

2-Unit Play Take #960 Milwaukee Brewers -130 over Chicago Cubs (8:05p.m.)

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 03:01 PM
FantasySportsGametime
Wednesday MLB Plays

MLB Baseball

25* Play Philadelphia (-160) over Florida (MLB PLAY)

Philadelphia has won 8 of the last 10 games and they have also won 7 of the last 8 games vs. Florida on the road. Cole Hamels has won 3 of the last 4 games in the month of September and he has an ERA of 2.61 over the last 3 starts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25* Play Tampa Bay (-170) over Seattle (MLB PLAY)

Tampa Bay has won 4 of the last 5 games and they have also won 73 of the last 91 games as a home favorite of -150 or higher. Wade Davis has an ERA of 1.29 in home games this season.

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Seabass

50 cubs over
50 Fla
30 white Sox
30 cinn
30 Detroit
30 yanks under

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Charlie

mlb. reds @ pirates under 8' runs,
braves @ mets under 8' runs &
boston @ kansas city under 8' runs (500*)

mlb. angels-115 (30*)
mlb. texas-130 (20*)
mlb. st. louis-140 (20*)
mlb mets+135 (10*)

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 03:36 PM
Stan Sharp | MLB Money Line Wed, 09/23/09 - 7:05 PM

triple-dime bet ml 970 TOR (-110) betus vs 969 BAL

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Mr East

Dodgers at NationalsPick: Dodgers -183
The Washington Nationals are completing yet another 100 loss season. They will go with Ross Detwiler against the Dodgers in this one. Detwiler has been an automatic fade for the Nats, as he has made 11 starts for the Nationals, and they are 0-11 in those starts. He has now appeared in 13 big league games with his team at 0-13. Chad Billingsley is a top of the rotation pitcher, and he is 3-0 for his career vs the Nats. The Nats are now 36-102 following a loss. The Dodgers are 13-5 vs the Nats in their last 18 meetings, and this one is lopsided. I'm going with LA here.

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 04:51 PM
WUNDERDOG WNBA 9/23

Game: Indiana at Detroit (8:00 PM Eastern)
Pick: 5 units on Detroit -130 (moneyline) (risk 5 to win 3.9)

This should be a great series with the winner advancing to the Finals. Indiana is the top seed, coming in at 24-12. They dispatched of Washington in two games, winning by nine and seven points. Detroit is just 20-16 on the season, but hold on a minute. This team started off 2-7. They have since gone 18-9 and they have won 11 of their last 13! Now I ask, which is the better team? The oddsmakers have made this one about even but they are off. It's not just the recent performance that favors Detroit. It's also the location. In the WNBA, homecourt advantage is big. Indiana, despite going 15-3 at home is just 9-9 on the road this year. Detroit is 12-6 at home. They've won seven straight at home and ten of their last twelve. Meanwhile, Indiana has gone 2-5 in their last seven road games. Detroit knows what it takes to win in the postseason, having won two of the last three championships. Detroit is hot right now having scored 94, 80, 94 and 94 in their last four games. This season the Shock are 12-5 after scoring 70+ in back-to-back games and 89-2 after reaching that figure in four straight games. They are also a near-perfect 8-1 after scoring 90 points in their prior game. I like the Shock to get it done here at home.
Game: Phoenix at Los Angeles (10:00 PM Eastern)

Pick: 4 units on Phoenix +3 (-110) (risk 4 to win 3.6)

Do you remember that 1991 song by C&C Music Factory, "Things That Make You Go Hmmmm"? Well this game reminds me of that song. Phoenix won five more games than LA this season. Phoenix beat LA in three out of four regular season meetings. Yet, the Mercury are the underdog here. Hmmm. Phoenix is averaging 99 points in the playoffs after setting a WNBA record for points scored in the regular season (92.8 per game). Yet, they are the dog here. Hmmm. Well maybe Phoenix can't win on the road? Actually they are 11-7 away from home, not much worse than the Sparks' 12-6 home mark. Hmmm. Maybe the Mercury only beat up on lesser opponents, struggling to beat good teams. Actually, Phoenix is 12-5 ATS this season vs. winning teams including 7-0 in their last seven games. But Phoenix is coming off a poor defensive showing, allowing 92 points to San Antonio. That can't be good, right? As a matter of fact, Phoenix has done this 18 times this season and they are 14-4 ATS in games following a poor defensive effort. Finally, the Sparks are 0-8 ATS the past three seasons coming off a double-digit road win. I like Phoenix plus the points here.

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Indian Cowboy 9/23

4 Unit Play. Take Over 176.5 between the Phoenix Mercury @ LA Sparks (Wednesday @ 10pm est). Sometimes it is not a good idea for a team to defeat another team just prior to the playoffs. Such is the case as these two heavyweights meet each other in the final four of the wnba playoffs. With that in mind, I expect Phoenix to have some revenge today. Keep in mind that they also lost the first game of the series to San Antonio earlier in these playoffs so they will look to not start off in a big hole. The road team has won outright and covered the spread the last three times these two teams have hooked up and I believe that will likely be the case in the playoffs for covering the spread. But rather than go against the Sparks here, I like taking the over with Phoenix as the active dog. The Over is 16-5 for the Mercury the last 21 ballgames and the Over is 2-0 this year when Phoenix has played LA in Staples.
4 Unit Play. Take Under 146.5 between the Indiana Fever @ Detroit Shock (Wednesday @ 8pm est). These two teams are defensive by nature. Notice the last game in Detroit between these two teams the game totaled at 133 - and that was with overtime. I don't believe that was a fluke by any nature. I sincerely believe that these two teams are defensive mind-framed squads. The Under is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings between these two teams. And, given that this is the stepping stone to the WNBA Championships, I like a defensive effort out of the game for both of these teams. I normally would have a much longer write-up, but indeed I believe the principle is that simple today. I expect a quality effort from both teams, the total is slowly starting to drop and I like this game to be a defensive contest similar to the last game these to two teams played in the Palace.
Good luck,
IC

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Billy Coleman

4.5 wnba DETROIT
4* TEXAS
3* DETROIT
3* BOSTON R/L

Mr. IWS
MTI

4.5* Florida

Mr. IWS
Trace Adams

1000* - Detroit w/Porcello over Masterson, 500* - Cincinnati w/Bailey over Hart
Big win for the Tigers last night, as Minnesota kept the pressure on in the Central with their win at Chicago.

Have to lay it, and ride the Tigers once again, as Cleveland has now lost 9 straight, and are just 6-20 their last 26 games overall.

The Tigers continue to own the season series, going 5-2 at Progressive Field, and 12-4 overall in this years season series.

Rick Porcello certainly rates the edge over Justin Masterson, as Procello is 13-9, while Masterson is just 3-7.

Porcello has made a living this year against the Indians, as he is 2-0 in his 3 starts against them, and has allowed just 4 runs in 20 innings of work.

With the Twins unyielding, the Tigers NEED to continue to win.

Detroit with the win tonight.

1000? - Detroit w/Porcello over Masterson

???NOTE: Both listed pitchers must start, or no action on the release!???

The Reds hooked me up with a Pay-After winner last night, and I am riding them again tonight against a Pittsburgh team that has lost 4 straight, and 7 of 8. The Pirates are also in a free-fall of 13-40 overall their last 53 games.

Cincy continues to close strong, winning their last pair, and 7 of 9 overall. The Reds have also won the last 6 meetings against the Bucs, and are 9-4 overall in the season series against Pittsburgh.

It will be Bailey against Hart, and Homer Bailey has pitched well his last 3 times out, working 18 innings of 4 run ball, but is 0-1 to show for it.

Bailey has 5 wins this season, 2 of them coming against Pittsburgh, while his counterpart Kevin Hart is riding a 5 game losing streak coming into this home start, and has allowed 18 runs in his last 27 innings of work.

Reds are hot, Pirtates are not...It is just that simple.

Lay the road wood, and play Cincy.

500? - Cincinnati w/Bailey over Hart

???NOTE: Both listed pitchers must start, or no action on the release!???

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Dominic Fazzini
Wednesday's play
10 Dime -- Rangers (Hunter) over ATHLETICS (Mortensen)

RANGERS
NOTE: List only Hunter as Texas' starting pitcher

The red-hot A's have won 13 of 16 games and are 14-6 in September, but they're going to cool off a little today.

Rangers starter Tommy Hunter (8-4, 3.25 ERA) has been solid on the road this season, going 2-1 with a 3.08 ERA in six starts. The rookie right-hander allowed two runs and five hits in five innings Friday in a 2-0 home loss to the Angels.

Hunter is 2-1 with a 4.10 ERA in his last four outings, and is 1-0 with a 3.65 ERA in two starts vs. Oakland.

A's rookie Clay Mortensen (2-2, 6.12) has won his last two starts after a shaky beginning after coming to Oakland from St. Louis in the Matt Holliday trade, but I'm expecting the right-hander to take a step back today against a Texas team that is watching its postseason hopes slip away.

The Rangers need a win in the worst way, and they are going to do whatever it takes to keep their season alive for as long as they can. Behind Hunter, I think they get the job done. Take Texas to get the victory.

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 05:47 PM
**dr guru**
*50 MLB GOY: Atlanta Braves -128

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Teddy Covers

Big Ticket Reds

Mr. IWS
09-23-2009, 05:54 PM
C-Stars Sports

1000 Units Top Play LA Dodgers/ Washington over the total