PDA

View Full Version : 9-28-09

Mr. IWS
09-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Fellas. You could really help out our forum by voting for us by going to this page and clicking the link below

http://www.investwithsports.com/toplist

then click on the little button that says, sports100.

There are no pop-ups or anything like that, and it helps us get more traffic to the forum.

Thanks a lot.

Mr. IWS
09-28-2009, 10:38 AM
Wayne Root's 2009 Football Upset Club

Monday, September 28, 2009
3*Cowboys (-8½) over Panthers

RedHottG2
09-28-2009, 01:08 PM
^^ How the hell is that an upset ? ^^ lol

Mr. IWS
09-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Brandon Lang Monday's Selections ... 15 DIMER - CAROLINA-DALLAS OVER - Who do you trust tonight? Jake Delhomme or Tony Romo? That is the question.

Who do you trust as a head coach? John Fox or Wade Phillips?

Quite frankly, you can't trust any of those 4 dudes above, but considering how badly these defenses are playing and the fact they can't get any pressure on the QB, OVER is the play for me tonight.

First, let's start with Delhomme, who came back against the Falcons and threw for over 300 yards and just one INT in an 8 point loss. He showed me he seemed to have found a rhythm that is missing.

Now he faces a Cowboys defense that can't stop the run allowing Tampa to run for 171 yards in week one and the Giants for close to 100 yards in week two. The only reason the rushing number wasn't higher for New York is because they saw how badly this Cowboys secondary is and started throwing more.

The Giants had a pair of receivers in Manningham and Smith go for 10 catches and over a 100 yards receiving. Somewhere Steve Smith is licking his chops.

Now considering how poorly this Cowboys secondary is playing through the first two weeks allowing over 300 yards per game, Jake should have some opportunities down the field, especially off of play action.

I've always maintained that if you give Romo time, he can get it done. It's when he faces pressure that he gets in trouble. He won't see any pressure tonight because the Cowboys offensive line has allowed just one sack and the fact the Panthers have recorded only 2.

In week one the Eagles never had to throw the football because they were up 28-10 at the half. McNabb and Kolb threw a total of 27 times completing 18. Matt Ryan was 21 of 27 in week two for 220 yards.

You start completing numbers like that and it tells me guys are open. Wide open.

With both the Cowboys and Panthers having gone OVER in both their games this year and Carolina over 8 of their last 9 regular season games, the OVER is the only play for me and I will let which QB's implodes at the wrong time determine who covers.

Over is the play.

5 DIMER - DETROIT TIGERS - Detroit draws first blood tonight.

I guess the bottom line is I trust the Tigers at home more than I do Blackburn on the road. Simple as that.

He has pitched well in his last 2 starts but I can't get away from his meltdown prior to his last 2 starts which saw him go 1-7 with a 7.36 ERA in his previous 11 outings.

Blackburn is 2-3 with a 4.50 ERA lifetime against the Tigers and in 4 appearances at Detroit including 3 starts how about 0-3 with an 8.00 ERA.

With as much on the line as there is tonight, I believe it's too much pressure for Blackburn to handle.

Rick Porcello is 4-1 with a 3.28 ERA in his last six starts and don't be misled by his 1-2 mark versus the Twins this year. His only appearance at home was rock solid. How about 4-hit ball over 7 shutout innings.

Like the Tigers and some good value with Porcello tonight.

5 DIMER - CLEVELAND INDIANS - Just don't trust Danks tonight.

He comes into tonight's game looking for his first win in 6 starts going 0-2 with an ERA close to 4 in his last 5 starts.

And considering how bad he has been against Cleveland, I just don't see it.

He is 1-5 with a 5.63 ERA in nine starts against the Indians, posting a 10.54 ERA in losing his last three. Not exactly confidence building numbers for Mr.Danks.

Laffey hasn't pitched as bad as his numbers would lead you to believe as he has gotten only 3 runs of support over his last 4 starts.

He is 2-2 with a 3.76 in 5 games versus the Indians and I like the way he is throwing the baseball after his last outing which saw him go 6 2/3 innings of 1-run ball versus the Tigers.

Cleveland has won 3 straight and I like them to get their 4th tonight behind Laffey.
Let's roll with the Tribe.

FREE SELECTION - TEXAS RANGERS

Mr. IWS
09-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Ben Burns:

under in cowboys/panters

Mr. IWS
09-28-2009, 07:15 PM
BIG AL's MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL TOTAL OF THE YEAR!
Al McMordie had a split-out day here, going 2-2, but did CASH his NFL Total of the Month on the Buff/N.O. game under the total. Al won 70% of his NFL Totals last season, and is off to a 1-0 start this year after Sunday's BIG WIN. Tonight, Al has another HUGE PLAY: It's Big Al's Monday Night Football Total of the Year.

Under