HMC @ -175

Anyone with me?

Natural Born Thriller
10-04-2009, 07:09 PM
WHATS YOUR RECORD SINCE POSTING HERE?

SPX
10-04-2009, 07:35 PM
WHATS YOUR RECORD SINCE POSTING HERE?

My record since UFC 101, which is when I started keeping records, is 19-17. +3.3u. So pretty close to even.

For DREAM, I actually didn't do much research beyond the Aoki/Hansen fight and am mostly tailing another guy whose judgement I trust.

Natural Born Thriller
10-04-2009, 07:42 PM
I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THOSE OTHER GUYS, BUT I THINK AOKI WILL SUB HANSEN.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PICKS.

Natural Born Thriller
10-04-2009, 07:44 PM
OH, CHOI WILL BEAT MINOWA TOO.

GL

SPX
10-04-2009, 07:45 PM
I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THOSE OTHER GUYS, BUT I THINK AOKI WILL SUB HANSEN.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PICKS.

I thought Aoki/Hansen could go either way. If Hansen is smart and keeps it on the feet then he can win for sure.

I'm looking at this one as 50/50 so of course I jumped on Hansen @ +185.

Thanks for the GL.

zY|
10-04-2009, 08:24 PM
I put .5 unit on Hansen and Bibiano. If one of them pulls it out I'll be happy. I'm not real confident in anything on this card except Bob Sapp tapping to strikes. However, I think that line is set right considering how flaky Sokoudjou is.

Mind sharing who you're tailing?

SPX
10-04-2009, 08:41 PM
I put .5 unit on Hansen and Bibiano. If one of them pulls it out I'll be happy. I'm not real confident in anything on this card except Bob Sapp tapping to strikes. However, I think that line is set right considering how flaky Sokoudjou is.

Mind sharing who you're tailing?

UKdonkbet

The guy has lots of gambling experience. He plays poker for a living and does a ton of sportsbetting. He's not always right, but he does well overall. I'm hoping he's on target this time around.

SPX
10-05-2009, 01:12 AM
Here's what I'm going with.

These are all 1u plays:

Tokoro @ +190
Hata @ +120
Hansen @ +185
HMC @ -175

Anyone with me?

Go ahead and add Sapp @ +475 for .25u.

Mr. IWS
10-05-2009, 01:31 PM
GL on the picks man.

SPX
10-05-2009, 02:02 PM
GL on the picks man.

Thanks a bunch. Mostly riding dogs on this one and betting a little heavier than I normally do on underdogs. Hope I knock this one out of the park, but we'll see.

zY|
10-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Good luck with that Choi bet. I want to make one too, as HMC should obviously pound this guy's head in with extreme prejudice very quickly, but so many people are screaming about how this fight could be a work so I dunno.

zY|
10-05-2009, 11:13 PM
BTW, you gonna be able to watch it live?

SPX
10-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Good luck with that Choi bet. I want to make one too, as HMC should obviously pound this guy's head in with extreme prejudice very quickly, but so many people are screaming about how this fight could be a work so I dunno.

Might as well drop 1u if you feel that confident in his abilities. What is this "insider info" that it's fixed? How the fuck would they know or are people just speculating? A unit's a unit. If you lose it, there will be more in the future.

And no, I won't be able to watch it live. Doesn't it come on at, like, 3 in the morning?

zY|
10-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Just shit I'm reading everywhere. They were even talking about it on the Sherdog roundtable. Many people think the Sapp fight was a work. :shrug:

Junkie says it comes on at 7est. I have to stream it anyways, I don't have HDNet.

zY|
10-06-2009, 12:41 AM
That should read the Sapp/Minowa fight.

SPX
10-06-2009, 01:50 AM
Just shit I'm reading everywhere. They were even talking about it on the Sherdog roundtable. Many people think the Sapp fight was a work. :shrug:

Junkie says it comes on at 7est. I have to stream it anyways, I don't have HDNet.

That would be the replay. I know that live it comes on at like 3 AM because of the time difference. I would watch the replay but will be in school when it airs. I might be able to catch the end of it.

SPX
10-06-2009, 02:19 AM
That would be the replay. I know that live it comes on at like 3 AM because of the time difference. I would watch the replay but will be in school when it airs. I might be able to catch the end of it.

You know, I said that would be the replay, but if you meant 7 AM and not PM then I assume it's the real deal. If it's 7 AM then my ass is still going to be in bed. MMA is cool and all but I'll just have to catch that shit at another time.

Mr. IWS
10-06-2009, 08:58 AM
I wont post the spoilers, but if you want the results, they are here:

http://www.mmarising.com/news/2009/10/0 ... results/2/ (http://www.mmarising.com/news/2009/10/06/heiwa-dream-11-live-results/2/)

SPX
10-06-2009, 10:50 AM
I wont post the spoilers, but if you want the results, they are here:

http://www.mmarising.com/news/2009/10/0 ... results/2/ (http://www.mmarising.com/news/2009/10/06/heiwa-dream-11-live-results/2/)

I'm speechless.

zY|
10-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Just finished watching it.

Fuckin Hellboy man. He could've stalled for 4 more seconds instead of trying to escape and ending up tapping. The decision could've easily been his. And I officially don't like Shinya Aoki now. He caught a love tap in the groin and then caught 2 upkicks in the face but then took like a full hour to recover.

The HMC fight was horrible. That man is truly done. I still don't know why he kept standing up from top position instead of smothering that midget and donkey konging his head.

Bibiano derailing the ridiculous Joe Warren hype train in seconds was hilarious to me also. Sapp did what I expected. Leg kicked, taken down and pounded out.

The card was great though. Sorry for your loss SPX.

SPX
10-06-2009, 11:26 AM
The card was great though. Sorry for your loss SPX.

Between this shit and MFC, that puts me at 0-8 and -5.95u for the two events. 100% suck. I had just gotten ever so slightly ahead because of the Klitschko fight and was really ready to start moving up. Now I'm back in a hole. That will take at least a few good events to dig out of.

Mr. IWS
10-06-2009, 11:34 AM
just take it slow SPX, you will get it back.

SPX
10-06-2009, 12:01 PM
just take it slow SPX, you will get it back.

This is usually the point where I do some stupid like bet my entire bankroll on one fight.

zY|
10-06-2009, 12:04 PM
LOL. Yeah you need to calm down a bit. I think you're forcing these bets somewhat.

And yeah I've done that too. I was down a bit and bet my whole bankroll on GSP at UFC 100. Of course I was extremely confident in him winning but it was still not the best idea.

SPX
10-06-2009, 12:26 PM
LOL. Yeah you need to calm down a bit. I think you're forcing these bets somewhat.

And yeah I've done that too. I was down a bit and bet my whole bankroll on GSP at UFC 100. Of course I was extremely confident in him winning but it was still not the best idea.

I need to start paying attention. Other than Aoki/Hansen, I did no research for DREAM and essentially relied on someone else to make decisions for me. Not only that, but I never do full unit plays on underdogs, but I think I had dollar signs in my eyes.

For MFC, my first instinct was Lutter and I should've gone with that, but everyone over on the Junkie board was on MacDonald's dick so I thought there must be something I was overlooking. The Eastman and Fioravanti bets were both a little dicey as well, but in my defense I think I should've won both of those.

Mr. IWS
10-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Chalk it up as a learning experience man. Its taken me years, and I still get pissed off and start chasing my losses.

You will bounce back.

Luke
10-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Its ok SPX just narrow down your bets a little to the ones you only have strong opinions on and you'll be fine man

Luke
10-07-2009, 01:00 AM
Bob Sapp is a joke