PDA

View Full Version : 10-8-09

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 07:33 AM
Fellas. You could really help out our forum by voting for us by going to this page and clicking the link below

http://www.investwithsports.com/toplist

then click on the little button that says, sports100.

There are no pop-ups or anything like that, and it helps us get more traffic to the forum.

Thanks a lot.

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Ron Raymond | NHL Money Line
PIT (+125) vs 8 PHI triple-dime bet
Analysis:

Keys to selection: The Penguins got caught looki~ng ahead to tonight’s game against the Flyers, as they lost 3-0 to Phoenix and Fleury is expected to get the start tonight and he’s 15-6 SU vs. the Flyers. Make no mistake about this game, it’s a division game and it’s the Battle of Pennsylvania, emotions will be high, which means tons of power plays for both teams.

Ron’s Prediction: Pittsburgh 5 Philadelphia 3

Mr. IWS
Seabass Steam (100) Nebraska

Mr. IWS
Spartan | CFB Side

Triple-dime bet

303 Nebraska -3.0 vs 304 Missouri

Analysis: What a week! First I have to go against the Packers against the rival Vikings and now this. My hometown Mizzou Tigers prepare to do battle with Big 12 North rival Nebraska. The last couple of season's have belonged entirely to Gary Pinkel's Tigers as they have dominated the Huskers, totally. Last year they even went into Lincoln and prevailed for the first time since 1978, I can say I was in attendance for both. I was hoping maybe to catch some points here but I tip my hat to the oddsmakers here as I honestly feel they have the right squad favored despite the fact the game is in Columbia. This is a cocky Tiger team that is feeling a bit too full of themselves considering what they have actually gotten done thus far. They are a very suspect team to be sporting a 4-0 record. We can now see the opening win over Illinois was not as impressive as it seemed at the time, then a struggle to defeat Bowling Green in Columbia, a glorified scrimmage against Furman and a real grind to get past a mediocre Nevada team at best. Now this team has an athletic and rugged Husker team coming to town absolutely hell bent on revenge after last seasons prime time humiliation and beat down in Lincoln. I predict the Huskers will control the line of scrimmage here and if Quarterback Zac Lee can play smart and protect the ball the Huskers will prevail. I firmly believe they are truly the stronger of the two teams. They have been road tested this season in a alley fight at Virginia Tech and that should benefit them here. I'm a Tiger guy through and through but just like with the Vikings monday night I refuse to factor emotions into a release. In the past I have always known when to go with them and against, I have to side with the Huskers here.

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Trushel
Under Cards/ Regular

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 11:32 AM
FantasySportsGametime
Thursday MLB Plays

MLB Baseball

50* Play Colorado (+145) over Philadelphia (MLB PLAY)

Aaron Cook has won 5 of the last 6 games when pitching on a Thursday and he has an ERA of 2.81 over the last 3 starts. Cole Hamels has lost 7 of the last 8 day games and he is 0-2 over the last 3 starts with an ERA of 7.02.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50* Play LA Angels (+100) over Boston (MLB Play)

Los Angeles has won 7 of the last 8 games and they have also won 13 of the last 16 games as a home underdog of +100 or higher. John Lackey has won 9 of the last 12 games when the total posted is between 8 and 8.5 runs and he has also won 18 of the last 25 home games when the line is between +125 to -125.

Thursday NHL Plays

NHL Hockey

25* Play Washington (-175) over NY Rangers

25* Play San Jose (-170) over Columbus

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 11:33 AM
bob balfe

MLB Baseball
Cardinals -120 over Dodgers
Wainwright/Kershaw
G/L

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 12:32 PM
SEABASS

NHL 50* Devils

MLB
10* Angels for the series (WS) +500
20* Col OV
20* Bos UN

100* Steam Nebraska

Mr. IWS
Ferrrringo

1-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 7.0 St. Louis at L.A. Dodgers (6 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 8)

0.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 8.5 Boston at L.A. Angels (9:30 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 8)
0.5-Unit Play. Take #962 L.A. Angels (-105) over Boston (9:30 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 8)

0.5-Unit Play. Take #958 Philadelphia (-160) over Colorado (2:30 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 8)
0.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 9.0 Colorado at Philadelphia (2:30 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 8)

Mr. IWS
Stu's

Nebraska @ Missouri 9:00 PM EDT
Play On: Nebraska -3.5 (2500-Dime)
Play on Nebraska minus the points as a 2500-Dime selection.

Ross' Thursday 5000-Dime MLB Guaranteed Winner-"Must Win" or Purchase Refunded!
Boston (Lester) @ LA Angels (Lackey) 9:35 PM EDT
Play On: Boston (-107) (5,000-Dime)
Play on the Boston Red Sox as a 5,000 Dime guaranteed selection.

Stu's MLB Playoffs 100-Dime Winner
Colorado (Cook) @ Philadelphia (Hamels) 2:30 PM EDT
Play On: Colorado +145 (100-Dime)
Play on the Colorado Rockies as a 100-Dime underdog selection.

Mr. IWS
Docc's NHL 10-8-09

Anaheim and Atlanta for 2 units a piece

Mr. IWS
Dave M@linsky

Playoff Special - Red Sox/Angels
Boston Red Sox (Lester)-105 over LOS ANGELES ANGELS(Lackey)

4* #961 BOSTON over ANGELS

Watching the line drop on this one is almost like viewing the October temperatures, with steady Angel action reducing this to where -105 has now become available, and perhaps something even better over the course of the day. With the Red Sox having edges with Jon Lester over John Lackey, and even bigger edges when the bullpens come into play, that makes this impossible to pass up. Lester is an under-valued item here. As impressive as his 15-8/3.41 looks, with the Red Sox going 22-10 in his 32 starts, he brings much more to the table. Of the 101 pitchers that worked at least 125 innings this season his difficulty of batters faced checks in at #14, which makes those base numbers bolder. But even more so is that he opened the season at 3-5/6.07 before getting his mechanics in order. Since then it has been a 12-3/2.31 over the last 22 starts, with the Red Sox going 17-5 in that span, and in 12 of those 22 games he allowed one earned run or none. A legitimate case can be made that there was not a better pitcher in the A.L. in that span. Now he brings some particular matchup advantages against the Angels. He held them without an earned run over 14 innings in the playoffs LY, with more strikeouts than hits allowed, and since the Angels have not faced him since then there is a lack of familiarity from this lineup that puts them on their heels again. And while this offense was third in the A.L. in stolen bases, with the Red Sox extremely weak throwing out base-runners, Lester only allowed 19 steals over 203.1 innings. That takes away a big part of the Angel attack. Meanwhile John Lackey was nothing special this season, working to a 3.83 as the team behind him went just 14-13 over 27 starts. He does not bring any particular form to the table, with an ugly 8.31 over his last three starts that includes an alarming count of 21 hits vs. only eight strikeouts. And he faces difficulties throughout the Boston lineup, particularly Victor Martinez (.476 over 21 at-bats), Dustin Pedroia (.375 over 16), David Ortiz (.333 with two home runs and 10 rbi?s in 33), Kevin Youkilis (.294, but with two home runs and four rbi?s in just 17 at-bats). His presence on the mound also leads to an offensive downgrade for the Angels, with the weaker bat of Jeff Mathis (.211-5-28) replacing the punch of Mike Napoli (.272-20-56) But all the Lester/Lackey matchup does is set the table for where the real edges are here, and that is in the latter stages, where the bullpen mismatch is major. The Red Sox are loaded with both quality and depth, leaving Terry Francona with multiple options from both sides of the mound. For the Angels it is a different story, with a mediocre group of set-up men, and the inconsistency of closer Bryan Fuentes providing season-long issues. It is during those pressure late-game moments that Boston takes this one over, particularly as confidence issues come into play ? the Red Sox are 9-1 against the Angels in the post-season since 2004, having trailed in only 7.5 of the 94 innings. And note that those were games when Mike Scioscia had Francisco Rodriguez available in the bullpen. He just

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 12:33 PM
4 Unit Play. Take Under between the St. Louis Cardinals vs. LA Dodgers (6pm). Both of these should be a great game. I like the Under between these two teams as Wainwright has a great shot at being the National League MVP. He comes off a rough start in his last effort and prior to that he had continued to be one of the best pitchers in the league. Wainwright has a 2.63 era and nearly posted his 20th win of the year. The last time he faced the Dodgers, Wainwright went seven strong innings and gave up just two runs en route to helping his team win 3-2. Plus, the Cardinals come off a 3-5 loss so that is even more reason why the Cards will be depending on Wainwright to step up today. Clayton Kershaw struggled in his last effort against the Cardinals and I expect him to bounce-back a bit at home today. Joe Torre has obviously shown a great deal of trust in him to start him this evening. The Southpaw has put together a great season as he has a 2.79 era and I suspect he too will have a strong effort after falling a bit short against the Cardinals at home last time out. In short, I expect this game to be a pitcher's duel this evening. The Under is 9-3 when the Cardinals face a lefty of late and the Under is 6-1 in Kershaw's last seven starts overall. The Under is also 4-0 in Kershaw's last four starts against the Cardinals overall as well.

4 Unit Play. #961. Take Boston Redsox -110 over the LA Angels (9:35pm est). I understand that the Redsox are facing John Lackey on the road. But, I also understand that Jon Lester has been one of the best if not the best pitcher in the second half of the season in the American League. Lester went 12-3 with a 2.31era in his final 22 starts which is simply remarkable. On top of that, he has not faced the Angels this year which is to his advantage as they have not had a chance to be familiar with his pitches. On the other hand, the Resox have faced Lackey plenty of times and have had success against him as well. Lackey is 3-7 with a 5.25 era in fourteen regular season starts against the Redsox and he is 0-2 with a 3.66era in the playoffs against them as well. Plus, Lackey comes into this game 0-3 with a 4era over his last six starts as well. The Redsox need to pick a game off on the road at some point and I think they will look to strike early with Lackey on the mound today. The Redsox are 4-0 when Lester starts with the current total set at this range and the Angels are 1-10 in their last 11 playoff games.

Good luck,
IC

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 12:47 PM
FRANK PATRON FIRST EVER 50000 UNIT MUST WIN LOCK
FRANK PATRON
FIRST EVER 50000 UNIT MUST WIN FOOTBALL LOCK
MISSOURI TIGERS +3.5

Mr. IWS
Teddy Covers

Rockies +150

Mizzou + 3.5

Mr. IWS
st bernadine sports advisors
randy wood -
2* Colorado Rockies Money Line +140 for 1st 5 Innings
The favorite in today’s game 2 of the Rockies vrs Phillies is Philadelphia . The reason is only because of Cole Hamels and what he did last year in the Playoffs. This is an opportunity for us to jump on some early money. Pitchers are not always consistent year after year. Look at last year's Cole Hamels. He went into the playoffs with an ERA of 3.09 ERA. He had 2 bad games that drove his ERA to over 3.00. Most months he averaged 2.70, 2.61, 2.88, 2.61 and 2.84. Only one month did he average 4.89. So he went into the playoffs last year on fire.

This year his monthly averages have been not quite as good, 7.27, 4.06, 3.31, 4.38, 4.91 and 3.32. While every pitcher has the ability to go out there and pitch lights out, I have to put my money on the Pitcher that has had a slightly better year and is on a much hotter pitching streak. Look at Cook this year. April not so good aver ERA 7.11, May 2.93, June 2.36, July 4.17, only 10 innings pitching in Aug 12.19. His return from shoulder soreness on Sept 25 was great going 5 scoreless innings and the only other start was on Oct 1st going 8 innings with 1 ER. He has shown us he is back to form and ready for the playoffs. If the Phillies win today, it likely won't be at the fault of Aaron Cook.
Take the Rockies as a Road Dog in the 1st 5 innings, not the full game.
This is a 2** Star Cannonball Play

lillefty -
1* colorado +150..
everyone has now jumped on the Philly bandwagon due to the fine pitching of Lee yesterday. Today they send Hamels to the hill and everyone expects the Hamels of last year to be pitching. Hamels is a different pitcher this year. I can argue he was their #5 starter this year even behind Happ and Pedro. Hamels was asked in Mid august what was the root of his struggles and he replied " it is just intensity, you watch I will turn it on again in sept when the games really mean something" OK well in his last 3 starts he has pitched 16.2 IP and allowed 13 ER. He got lit up like a Xmas tree in his only start vs the rox this year. Hamels also had an 0-6 5.44 daytime record this year. I also have 2 other plays if you are looking for some more action.

john keelen(abats computer simulator) - 1* St. Louis Cardinals -110

angelo disimone - 3*** Phillies -156
Phillies just plain and simple own Colorado and Cook.
Rockies are:
2-10 in the last 12 games vs Phillies.
1-5 in Cooks last 6 starts vs. Phillies.
1-6 in the last 7 meetings in Philadelphia.

In 140 at bats, the Phillies hit .336 against Cook.

Jimmy Rollins 11-29 .379 (0 HR/2 RBI)
Chase Utley 8-21 .381 (1 HR/11 RBI)
Ryan Howard 6-17 .353 (1 HR/3 RBI)
Jason Werth 4-10 .400 (0 HR/3 RBI)
Shane Victorino 1-12 .083 (0 HR/2 RBI)

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Tony Salinas
Tony's Diamond Highrollers
Thursday, October 08, 2009
25*
La Angels {J.Lackey} (+105) over Redsox {J.Lester}
9:37 PM -- Angel Stadium of Anaheim
Partly cloudy. Winds blowing in from left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 65.
24*
Rockies {A.Cook}/Phillies {C.Hamels} UNDER 9 Runs
2:37 PM -- Citizens Bank Park
Mostly sunny. Winds blowing in from left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 60.
24*
Cardinals {A.Wainwright}/Dodgers {C.Kershaw} UNDER 7 Runs
6:07 PM -- Dodger Stadium
Sunny. Winds blowing in from left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 60.

* All times Eastern
* Home team in Bold

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 01:23 PM
FantasySportsGametime

Thursday Football

NCAA Football

100* Play Nebraska (-3.5) over Missouri (TOP NCAA PLAY)

Nebraska has covered the spread in 4 consecutive games this season and they have also won 15 of the last 18 games when playing as a favorite. Nebraska has won 7 of the last 8 games when playing on a Thursday and they are only allowing an average of 7 points a game on defense this season.

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 01:45 PM
B l a c K W i d o W / B i l L Y o u n G
6* Widow Wiseguy Huskers/Tigers Big 12 BLOOD BATH on Nebraska -3(-105 bodog)

Nebraska should be 4-0 right now if it wasn't for a miracle pass by Virginia Tech in a 15-16 road loss three weeks ago. The Cornhuskers are the most underrated team in the Big 12 right now, while Missouri is overrated after their 4-0 start and that will show Thursday. Both teams have outstanding offenses, but the advantage goes to Nebraska behind their dominant defense. The Huskers are allowing only 7.0 points/game and 283 total yards/game on the season. Missouri is allowing 15.5 points/game and 352 yards/game, but they really haven't faced a worth opponent yet. Missouri has beaten Illinois, Furman, Bowling Green and Nevada, all teams with losing records. They even needed to come from behind to beat Bowling Green at home 27-20 in a nail biter. Nebraska is favored for a reason tonight, and the odds makers agree that the Huskers are the better team. Nebraska is 23-9 ATS (+13.1 Units) vs. excellent passing teams with a completion pct. of 62% or better since 1992. The Huskers are allowing only 170 passing yards/game and a 50.4% completion percentage as a defense. The Cornhuskers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games overall. The Tigers are 0-4 ATS in their last four vs. a team with a winning record. Take Nebraska and lay the points.

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 01:46 PM
A.REDD

20 Dime Nebraska

10 Dime Nebraska (1st Half)

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Marco D'Angelo | MLB Money Line Thu, 10/08/09 - 2:35 PM oB

dime bet ml 957 COL (+150) BetUS vs 958 PHI
Analysis: PLAY: COLORADO
RATING: SINGLE DIME PLAY

Have to back Colorado with Cook Over Hamels. Philadelphia starter Hamels has struggled most of the year. Take the Dog here. TAKE COLORADO

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Chris Jordan has 2 plays for today..
200? UNDER Nebraska/Missouri - Analysis due back by 4 p.m. eastern

50? BOSTON RED SOX (Lester over Lackey) -

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Maddux
#304 - NCAA - 3 units on Missouri +3.5 (THU)
#303 - NCAA - 3 units on Nebraska & Missouri Over 52.5 (THU)

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 02:12 PM
MTI

4*Angels
3*Under Phils paid n confirmed

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 02:22 PM
SSG 7* Colorado/Philly Under 8.5 2:35pm Game

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 03:08 PM
VR- double dime - dodgers
dodgers under

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Bob Balfe
MLB Baseball
Cardinals -120 over Dodgers
Wainwright/Kershaw

College Football
Missouri +3.5 over Nebraska
Both teams have overachieved this year. Nebraska has the nations best defense, but look at who they have played. The one team that was actually good, VTech, was a road loss. Missouri has dominated Nebraska in the past two years and I just do not see a drop off in talent or a Nebraska team that has improved that much to flip the tides. Missouri can put up points in a hurry and at home in front of a sold out stadium they will be tough to beat. Take Missouri.

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 04:03 PM
ATS Lock club pick
3 unit neb

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Stan Sharp | MLB Total Thu, 10/08/09 - 6:05 PM U5

triple-dime bet 959 STL / 960 LOS Under 7 betus
Analysis: Stan is Betting the ST. LOUIS/LA DODGERS UNDER. Stan notes that the public will be betting the OVER here figuring if the DODGERS can score 5 runs in a game Carpenter starts and score 8 runs between the 2 teams they they should have no pro›blem going over 7 tonight with Wainwright and Kershaw on the mound. Stan has this game as a 5 or 6 run game so he is betting the UNDER. Wainwright has been solid in the second half of the year. TAKE ST. LOUIS/LA DODGERS UNDER as STAN'S TRIPLE DIME PLAYOFF WISE GUY GAME and make them a TRIPLE DIME PLAY.

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Jeff Scott Sports

3 UNIT PLAY

Nebraska -3 over MISSOURI

The Tigers have not won 3 straight in the series since '67-'69. Both offenses are about equal, but the Huskers Blackshirt defense (allowing 7 ppg) will be the difference in this one as they win by 7+.

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Red Hott Locks

No. 21 Nebraska (3-1, 0-0) at No. 24 Missouri (4-0, 0-0)
Thursday, October 8
ESPN
9:00 p.m. (ET)

Opening Line: Missouri +1, O/U
Current Line: Missouri +3.5, O/U

The Missouri Tigers are starting to create a quiet vibration on the national college football scene. This week they find themselves in favor of the pollsters, positioned as the No. 24 team in the country. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing considering once a team shows up somewhere on that Top 25 list, you have a bull’s-eye on your back. Last week, the Tigers went to Reno and defeated Nevada (31-21) in a hostile environment and now they return home to open Big 12 play against the Cornhuskers. I felt like the game against Nevada could have been more of a blowout than the score reflected. There was very questionable, maybe conservative, play-calling by offensive coordinator David Yost. But we did get to see how good Blaine Gabbert is – this 6-5, 240-pound gunslinger is going to be a salty NFL quarterback some day. Mizzou had plenty of success through the air, but kept calling quarterback draws that would yield about -5 yards every play. This tells me the Tigers coaching staff was trying to not give away any of its gameplan with Nebraska sitting around watching the game on Friday night. Both of these teams had bye weeks, but Mizzou actually had one more day of rest because Nebraska played on 9/26 and the Tigers a Friday night game 9/25. So there is no edge in preparation time. At this point, the Cornhuskers have played a better team (Virginia Tech) than any of the Tigers opponents, but the overall schedule is pretty comparable with a slight strength of schedule lean toward Nebraska. Nebraska is posting ridiculous point totals, ranking No. 9 scoring offense (39.3 ppg), but also remember they only amassed 15 points against Va. Tech. Missouri is no slouch at scoring either, holding the No. 15 in scoring offense (36.8 ppg) in the nation. This looks like it could be a shootout on paper, but I don’t think this one gets into the 70s. Comparing QBs for both teams, Nebraska’s signal-caller Zac Lee had only thrown two collegiate passes prior to this season. Gabbert hadn’t had much more experience than that, but in 131 pass attempts this season he has 0 INTs and 11 TDs. The Huskers boast the country’s No. 1 scoring defense, giving up seven points per outing, but they haven’t faced an offense like Mizzou’s so this will be its first major test. The defense is great and has a load of returning starters, but it is the same one that was decimated by Missouri last season 52-17 in Lincoln. Does this point to a coaching advantage…I think so. Nebraska tailback Roy Helu Jr. is tied for No. 6 nationally with 116.0 ypg on the ground, but his counterpart Derrick Washington racked up 139 yards and two touchdowns on 14 carries last year in this game. Both teams are thin in the secondary department, but expect both to establish the ground game first in order to open the passing lanes. Missouri shines on a national stage at home and kicks a late field goal to win it.

RHL Prediction: Missouri 31, Nebraska 28

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 04:16 PM
C-Stars Sports

1000 Units Nebraska(22) vs Missouri(18) over the total
50 Units LA Dodgers/ST Louis over 7
50 units LA Angles over Red Sox
50 Units Colorado +160 over Philadelphia

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Northcoast Play

Neb

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Trace Adams Nebraska

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Jeff Benton

Nebraska

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Mike Lineback [303] 4* Nebraska Cornhuskers -3 -125 (1/2 pt buy) | 9:00p ET

Strongly believe Nebraska will win the battle in the trenches. Missouri having problems running the ball and defending the run. Nevada racked up 218 yards on the ground vs. Tigers two weeks ago. Plus, first year QB Gabbert hasn't faced the pressure, like he will see from a strong Nebraska defensive front (Pelini style; D much improved this yr). Both teams' coming off bye and haven't played anybody, except for Nebraska who dominated V-Tech on road but lost on last minute blown coverage call. Huskers held the Hokies to 11 first downs, 278 total yds (89 coming on last minute pass), 86 yds rushing on 37 carries which equates to 2.3 yp rushing attempt. Plus, Nebraska ran for 207 yds and lost the turnover battle (0-2) in Blacksburg. Needless, to say Nebraska let one get away. Not tonight!! Weather should be a factor as well. It's been raining all day in Columbia and is forecasted to rain throughout most of game. Low 50's, north wind with gusts should favor the ground game. Another reason why I like the Huskers.

Mr. IWS
Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons provided exclusively to Plus10Club.com.

CFB
Nebraska vs. Missouri
9:00 EST

For a number of different reasons I feel the value in this matchup is on the visitors: Both sides are coming off a bye; the No. 21 Cornhuskers and 24th-ranked Tigers open their conference schedules at Faurot Field on Thursday night. The last time these teams met, Missouri won 52-17 and that embarrassing loss, no matter what Bo Pelini says, is fresh on the minds of the Huskers. Nebraska pretty much crushed its competition in non-conference play defeating Sun Belt Conference foes Florida Atlantic, Arkansas State and Lafayette by a combined 142-12. The Huskers only loss came on Sept 19th vs. the Hokies who scored in the final seconds for a 16-15 victory. The biggest improvement to this team is on the defensive side of the ball; Nebraska is ranked No. 1 nationally in scoring defense, after allowing an average of seven points through four games; in total defense, Nebraska is allowing 285.5 yards per game, which ranks No. 21. In their shutout/blowout victory over the Ragin' Cajuns, the offense had another solid performance with Zac Lee passing for 238 yards and a TD in just more than a half of work, while running back Roy Helu scored twice. Dating back to last season, not only is Nebraska 7-1 SU its last eight, its also a perfect 5-0 ATS its last five. On the other side of the field: Blaine Gabbert has been great in replacing Chase Daniel; the sophomore directs an offense that ranks 15th in FBS in points per game (36.8) and 16th in yards per contest (453.0), although he has yet to face a defense as talented as Nebraska’s. Missouri though has issues with its running game this year; and on the other side of the ball are having troubles with the running game themselves as was apparent in their win over Nevada. The combined record of Missouri’s four opponents this season is 6-12, with Football Championship Subdivision team Furman accounting for three of those victories against its Southern Conference foes. Already 0-1 ATS this year at home, Missouri is in fact a poor 5-6 ATS in front of the home town crowd over the last two seasons overall. Bottom line: I look for talented defensive lineman Ndakmukong Suh to get into Missouri's backfield and rattle Gabbert and think first-year starting QB Lee learned some valuable lessons in his first road game vs. Virginia Tech and expect him to be much more settled and prepared for this one; they are playing great overall ball right now and I look for them to exact revenge from last years blowout as the CORNHUSKERS move to 5-1 ATS their last six on the road! *9* Nebraska -3

Mr. IWS
Savannah Sports

Todays Selections
NCAA Football
3 (***) Missouri +3.5

Professional Plays
Eric Degarde
MLB Baseball
4 (****) LA Angels Over 8.5
3 (***) Boston -103

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Doc's Sports

Baseball

5-Unit Play Take #959 St. Louis Cardinals -110 over Los Angeles Dodgers (6:07p.m.)

3-Unit Play Take #962 Los Angeles Angels +110 over Boston Red Sox (9:37p.m.)

2-Unit Play Take #957 Colorado Rockies +145 over Philadelphia Phillies (2:37p.m.)

Mr. IWS
trace adams 1500* nebraska

Mr. IWS
Teddy June

Nebraska

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 06:48 PM
executive

250 missouri

200 laa

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Score

200 neb

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Tony George

Nebraska vs. Missouri
Play: Nebraska -3

52-17. That score has been in Nebraskas stadium scoreboard all week for practice, I know because I was there on Monday in person. Mizzou has crushed the Huskers 92-23 the past 2 years.....NU has not won in Columbia in 3 trips the last 6 years and Mizzou has owned this series recently. Nebraska shut down Virginia Tech on the road for all but 1 series and lost by 1 point in a very hostile environment in a game they dominated, and VT is better than Mizzou by a longshot. NU's RB Hulu is one of the better backs in the USA, and revenge is a HUGE factor in this game. NU will run it and play physical and they have the defense (7 ppg allowed all year) to contain Mizzous spread attack and shut down QB Gabbert, who once committed to NU and then went to Mizzou, and that has been a point of contention as well. Mizzou embarrassed NU last year on national TV in Lincoln, and head coach Bo Pellini has made it a point to have this game circled for 365 days...NU will be the better team here. Remember Bowling Green has a 14 point fourth quarter lead in Columbia 3 weeks ago, Mizzou is beatable at home. Play 1 Unit on Nebraska.

Mr. IWS
10-08-2009, 07:49 PM
NSA

20 neb
10 under