PDA

View Full Version : 10-9-09

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 08:50 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

::handshake::

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 09:20 AM
FantasySportsGametime
Friday MLB Plays

MLB Baseball

100* Play NY Yankees (-285) over Minnesota (MLB PLAY) [, ]

Minnesota has lost 8 consecutive games vs. New York this season and they have also lost 6 of the last 9 games as an underdog of +150 or higher. Nick Blackburn has lost 25 of the last 36 road games and he has also lost 5 of the last 6 games when the total posted is 10 runs or higher.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday NHL Plays

NHL Hockey

25* Play Florida (+140) over Carolina

25* Play Calgary (-165) over Dallas

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 01:05 PM
dave malinksy

6* Playoff Special - Red Sox/Angels

LOS ANGELES ANGELS(Weaver)-110 over Boston Red Sox (Beckett)

6* #304 ANGELS over BOSTON

Rarely does a single game in professional sports have as much of a psychological impact of the opener of this series last night, with the Angels getting the kind of convincing win over an opponent that had been a nightmare for them in recent playoff series. And in doing so they also overcame what is their toughest pitching matchup against the Red Sox. Now we believe we will see a loose and confident team tonight, and with the pitching matchups also swinging in a major way we have outstanding value to get in play big. Here is how Chone Figgins referenced last night?s win - ?Whatever the hex is, I guess somebody un-hexed it ? It was huge.? And that sentiment reverberated through the Angel clubhouse, creating something that they can build off of here. Meanwhile the Red Sox fell to 39-43 away from Fenway Park, and added another ?L? to a dismal 3-13 on the road against winning teams since the All Star break, games in which they were out-scored by a combined 42 runs. They only had four hits, all singles, and three different players committed errors. They appear to be anything but that confident champion of past seasons. That takes us to Jered Weaver vs. Josh Beckett, and that is where the current pick?em ling range is even further from where it should be. Weaver has worked to a sparkling 27-12/3.27 from this mound in his Major League career, and in five home starts against the Red Sox it has been a 1.76 over 30.2 innings. And it is not as though they are learning how to handle him as they get more experience vs. his awkward delivery ? in two meetings this season they did not score an earned run in 13.2 innings, managing only eight hits. Off of a sharp 2.27 over his last seven starts, including five shutout inning in his final tuneup in which he did not walk a batter and allowed only three hits, his form is right where we would like to see it. It has been a different story for Beckett, who has had to battle back problems, and was nothing special at all away from Fenway this season (7-5/4.13). The Angels have relished facing him the past two seasons, five starts in which he has worked to an 0-3/6.12 tune, allowing five home runs in 32.1 innings. And there is nothing in his current form to suggest that he can turn that around. Following a dismal cycle in which he allowed 14 home runs over five starts back in August there were a couple of brief glimpses of better stuff, but in his last two starts he allowed the feeble Royals and Indians to get 19 hits over just 11 frames. He and the Red Sox do not bring nearly what past reputations suggest, and we take full advantage in this price range.

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 01:06 PM
FRANK PATRON
10000 UNIT COLLEGE LOCK
NEVADA WOLFPACK -11

Mr. IWS
Tony Salinas
Tony's Diamond Highrollers
Friday, October 09, 2009

24*
Redsox {J.Beckett} (+100) over La Angels {J.Weaver}
9:37 PM -- Angel Stadium of Anaheim
Mostly clear. Winds blowing out to left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 60.

25*
Twins {N.Blackburn}/Ny Yankees {A.Burnett} UNDER 10 Runs
6:07 PM -- Yankee Stadium
Mostly cloudy with a 40-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing from right to left field at 10-15 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 65.

Mr. IWS
Good Fellas
10/9/2009
1 BOX- CALGARY/DALLAS UNDER 5.5 -105 (10PM) CFL
1 BOX- INDY/PHO OVER 178 (9PM)*WNBA
1 BOX- UNDER 10 NY/MINNY (6PM) MLB
1 BOX- NEVADA -10.5 L TECH (9PM) NCAAF
1 BOX- BC +4 EDMONTON (9PM) CFL

Mr. IWS
ferringo

1-Unit Play. Take #964 N.Y. Yankees (-1.5, -145) over Minnesota (6 p.m., Friday, Oct. 10)
1-Unit Play. Take 'Under' 10.0 Minnesota at N.Y. Yankees (6 p.m., Friday, Oct. 10)
You can't feel too confident about having Nick Blackburn on the mound heading into today's game. The Yankees smell blood and I think that they are going to attack a team with a lot of heart but not enough cannons. I think that A.J. Burnett is going to be really, really good tonight. The most dangerous Twins hitters are Mauer and Kubel, who are both lefties. But the Yankees aren't going to pitch to Mauer anyway. So as long as Burnett stays away from Kubel he should be able to do work on the rest of the lineup. Chuckles Meriwether is behind the dish today and he has had a very liberal strike zone all season long. And that's a key thing with Burnett. The guy is kind of a head case and he really start to unravel when he's being squeezed. He isn't going to be getting squeezed today so that should allow his breaking stuff to really overwhelm the righties in the Twins lineup. Minnesota is going to score. They will run and they will score today. But it won't be enough. Blackburn's ERA is about a run higher on the road than at home in his career and this guy just doesn't win away from the Metrodome. The lefty-heavy Yanks lineup should have a field day with him. It's going to be a little wet and a little colder at The Stadium today, which should help Blackburn out early. But over the course of eight at-bats the Yankees are going to jump on the Twins. I think 6-2 or 6-3 sounds about right.

1-Unit Play. Take Boston (-105) over L.A. Angels (9:30 p.m., Friday, Oct. 10)
It was kind of a worst case scenario for Boston last night, as terrible calls by the umps all over the diamond really took the wind out of their sails. I think that the Angels win in Game 1 really woke them up and I think that tonight's game is going to be a dogfight. But in that instance I will definitely take Josh Beckett, who is a known big game bulldog. Also, this could be a game in which that Angels bullpen implodes if Weaver can't make it through seven. Angels are charged up. But this is an exceptional Boston team and they aren't going to get shut out again tonight.

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 01:07 PM
BOBBY MAXWELL Free play
I delivered my third straight FREE winner on Thursday as the Dodgers got the win in Game 2 of their series with the Cardinals. For a fourth straight comp winner, I'm on the college gridiron with a play on Nevada as the Wolf Pack host Louisiana Tech in WAC play.

Nevada is getting better every week and last week really put it all togehter. Tied at 21-21 with UNLV, Nevada proceeded to score 42 points in the second half and beat the Rebels 63-28, rushing for an amazing 559 yards and gaining 773 for the contest. All those yards came despite the fact the Wolf Pack turned the ball over four times and had 169 yards in penalties.

QB Colin Kaepernick had struggled to regain the form he had in 2008, but he found it on Saturday, throwing for 208 yards and a TD, catching a TD pass and rushing for 173 yards. This kid has a ton of talent, but he might have been forcing things early in the season to try and live up to the high expectations.

Nevada had three players with 170 yards rushing or more, including Mike Ball who ran for 184 yards and five TDs against UNLV.

Against Louisiana Tech, Nevada has won four straight meetings, but failed to get the cash last year in a 35-31 road loss as the Bulldogs showed some heart. However, in their last meeting to Reno, the 'Dogs were beaten 49-10 and came nowhere near covering as a seven-point road 'dog.

Louisiana Tech is on ATS nosedives of 14-37-1 on the road, 1-8-1 in the last 10 roadies, 13-28 as a 'dog, 16-36-1 as a road 'dog, 3-10 as a WAC road 'dog and 7-19 when catching more than 10 points.

On the other side, Nevada is 22-9 ATS at Mackay Stadium, 20-7 as a home favorite, 10-2 when laying more than 10 points and 11-3 as a home favorite in WAC games.

The Wolf Pack are looking good and you'll see them drastically reduce the turnovers and penalties tonight. Play Nevada to get the blowout win.
4? NEVADA

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Doc's Sports

Baseball

3-Unit Play Take #964 NY Yankees Minnesota Twins UNDER 10 RUNS (6:05p.m.)

3-Unit Play Take #966 Los Angeles Angels +110 over Boston Red Sox (9:35p.m.)

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 02:27 PM
JB's Computer Picks
6:05 PM Minnesota (87-77) at NY Yankees (104-59) New York Yankees -300

9:35 PM Boston (95-68) at LA Angels (98-65) Los Angeles Angels -110

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Seabass

nhl 50* dal
cfl 100* bc/edm un 53
mlb 30* ana.
Ncaa 50* nevada -10 1/2

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 03:14 PM
A Redd
20 dime Nevada first half
10 dime Nevada

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Chris Jordan has 2 plays for today..
Friday's winners ...
100? RED SOX (LIST Beckett and Weaver) - Analysis due back by 4 p.m. eastern

50? NEVADA FIRST HALF WAGER -

Mr. IWS
Karl Garrett
20 DIMER - NEVADA WOLF PACK
20 DIMER - NEVADA WOLF PACK

Have to lay the wood tonight, as Nevada showed some serious bite last week in rolling UNLV, that after their 0-3 start to the campaign.

Louisiana Tech has been off since their impressive showing at home in a win, and cover over Hawaii, but the Bulldogs and the road has NOT been a good mix lately, as they are just 1-8-1 against the spread their last 10 on the road.

Also not in Tech's favor is the fact they have lost the last 4 in this series, covering just once in those 4 games.

Nevada should be able to run the ball at will on this defense, as both Auburn, and Navy went hog-wild on the ground against La Tech.

Finally, the Wolf Pack are on a 16-3 spread run their last 19 played in Reno. Expect MacKay Stadium to be roaring loudly for the home team in this rout.

Take the 'Pack minus the points on Friday night.

Mr. IWS
Freddy Wills-Half Bets
Take Angels +100 8** MLB POD + uNDER 8 runs 2** Bonus
I have to tell you that this is not the same Red Sox team that won the 2 world series. I actually believe they get swept in this series. The Angels are a hungry bunch of players and yesterday I told you how big Bobby Abreu was to this team. His stats won't light up the scoreboard, but drawing walks in that game was a big part of why the Angels won. I actually waited a long time for the Red Sox not to be the team they were during my six years of college when they won 2 world series. It was annoying and I'm not a Red Sox hater by any stretch of imagination, but I'm glad to see them on their way out as I feel it will be after tonight.
A lot of people were shocked about last night's game but not me. Red Sox are just 3-13 since the All Star Break on the road against teams with winning records. They are 7-15 in their last 22 meetings in LA. Let's just throw out the "hex" or whatever you want to call it because this Angels team is flat out a better team than the Red Sox. First sign of that is the line we get here today I think most people would be giving the Red Sox the edge behind Josh Beckett and public bettors still are but I'm not buying it. Beckett on the road had a 4.13 ERA this year and he was hit hard many times! Although I think he comes up with a big performance against the Angels tonight it won't be nearly enough. In his last 5 starts vs. the Angels he has a 6.17 ERA. In his road starts opponents are hitting 55 points higher in average in just 3 less innings pitched. Why do I like the under then? Beckett is one of the best pitchers in post season history. He's not a bum by any stretch of the imagination I think he'll pitch well giving up 2-3 runs or so, but again that won't be enough with Weaver on the mound at home. I have been on the wrong side with Becket when I thought he would give the Red Sox a much needed win after a loss like he has so many times in the past and it cost me money! Not again tonight I'm not falling into the Beckett trap here tonight.
Jered Weaver at home this year has a 2.82 ERA with a 9-3 record. He had 2 great starts vs. the Red Sox this year 13.2 IP 8 hits, 3 BB and 12K's both home starts. Red Sox again don't hit righties on the road approaching under 4 runs per game per 9 innings vs. RHP this year. I'm just not buying them to revive themselves now 4 games under .500 on the road the Angels can smell the win. Red Sox are 2-6 in their last 8 with Becket as a dog and 0-4 in his last 4 on the road vs. a team with a winning record.
The Under- Under is 21-5-1 in Red Sox last 27 as a rod dog, and 13-6-2 in their last 21 playoff games as a dog. Under is 20-7-1 in Becket's last 28 games when opponents scores 5R + in previous game. Angels on the other hand are under 16-4-1 in their last 21 when their opponents score 2 runs or less in previous game. They are under 15-5-1 last 21 vs. RH starter which shows that they hit lefties just a little better.

Mr. IWS
ATS Lock club
3 units Nevada

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 03:46 PM
phill Steel Play

Nevada - 10.5

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 03:46 PM
C-Star Sports

50 Units Minnesota/Yankees under 9.5
50 units Red Sox Over Angles
50 units Nevada/Louisiana Tech over the total

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Bob Harvey

Nevada -10

Looking to build on their first win of the season last week, a blowout against UNLV, the Wolf Pack host the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs under the Friday night lights in Reno.

Following three sub-par performances to open the season, the Nevada Wolf Pack bounced back in a huge way for a 63-28 wipeout of UNLV last week. In that game Nevada rushed for a school record 559 and finished with 775 total yards.

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick, the reigning WAC offensive player of the year, rambled for 173 yards, completed 15-of-18 passes for 208 yards, tossed for one touchdown and had one TD reception. His resurgence mirrors that of his Nevada team.

After starting the season with a blowout loss at Notre Dame, the Wolf Pack lost to Colorado State because of a -5 in turnover margin, lost by 10 at home to a good Missouri team, and then beat up on the Rebels last week for their first win of the season. Nevada is certainly better than a 1-3 team but turnovers have killed them this season. The first three games saw the ‘Pack -8 in fumbles lost; they improved dramatically on that stat last week against UNLV and will need another +turnover night to put away La. Tech.

The Bulldogs of Louisiana Tech are 2-2 overall and 1-0 in the WAC). Last week the ‘Dogs took advantage of a road weary Hawaii team forcing three turnovers and zero rushing yards. Offensively, RB Daniel Porter did most of the damage against Hawaii, rushing for 160 yards and two touchdowns.

Nevada is now 17-3 ATS as a home favorite under head coach Chris Ault and should prosper again in this situation. It will be their third consecutive home game and they’ll get a team in Louisiana Tech that they should dominate much like they did a week ago against UNLV.

The Bulldogs will need to play solid defense and control the ball, eating up time on the clock if they want to shut down the Wolf Pack. If not, look for Nevada to air it out under the Friday night lights of Mackay Stadium and easily cover the 10-point chalk.

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Balfe

Yankees -1 1/2 -1.50

Mr. IWS
billy coleman....4*.... Pod...
Yan/min..under 10

Mr. IWS
B l a c K W i d o W / B i l L Y o u n G
6* Widow Wiseguy WAC GAME OF THE MONTH on Louisiana Tech +10.5(-102 5dimes)

LA Tech should not be a double-digit dog to a 1-3 Nevada team Friday. Yes, the Wolf Pack did pick up their first win of the season last week with a 63-28 trouncing of UNLV. But that game was 35-28 heading into the fourth quarter, much closer than the final score indicated. You can't forget that Nevada was shut out by Notre Dame 35-0 and lost at Colorado State 35-20. This team is not 10 points better than LA Tech, if they are better at all. Tech improved to 2-2 this season after losing to Auburn and Navy in their first two games with a 27-6 win over Hawaii. Their defense is the real deal, allowing just 22.0 points/game and 380 yards/game this season. Nevada his giving up 32.2 points/game and 429 total yards/game this year. Offensively, both teams are very equal with the Bulldogs putting up 25.5 points/game and Nevada 26.0 points/game. So the advantage in this game lies with LA Tech's defense and their ability to slow down this Nevada offense. This is also a revenge game for the Bulldogs, who lost to Nevada 35-31 last year. The Bulldogs are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 conference games. The Wolf Pack are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games overall. The Wolf Pack are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games following a ATS win. Nevada is getting way too much respect here following their blowout win last week, but the odds makers must have forgotten that this team is 1-3 on the season. Take LA Tech and the points.

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Seabass

nhl 50* dal
cfl 100* bc/edm un 53
mlb 30* ana.
Ncaa 50* nevada -10 1/2

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 04:54 PM
vr- yanks over 9.5 triple dime

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Chris James Sports

3* Minnesota Twins +270

2* La Tech/Nevada Over 57

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 06:31 PM
jimmy boyd

MLB | Oct 09 '09 (9:35p)
Boston Red Sox vs LAA Angels Boston Red Sox
+104 at 5dimes
3* Game 2 ALDS SMASH (TBS) on Red Sox +104
I can't see the Red Sox going away quietly after getting shut out last night, especially with Beckett on the hill. Beckett is one of the best we've ever seen in October, going 7-2 with a 2.90 ERA in 13 career starts in the postseason. The Red Sox are 10-1 in Beckett's last 11 starts with 5 days of rest which tells me that he really thrives with a fresh arm. Take the Sox showing great value.

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 06:32 PM
MTI

4*Unders Yankees
3*Angles

Mr. IWS
vr-boston double dime bet

Mr. IWS
Stephen Nover Friday's Winners 10-Dime Nevada Wolfpack - Perfect so far this week with winners on Troy and Nebraska, I'm aiming to go 3-0 by cashing on Nevada.

The Wolf Pack have their swagger back after destroying archrival UNLV last Saturday at home, 63-38. Nevada rushed for a staggering 559 yards. That was without the WAC's leading rusher from a year ago, Vai Taua. He's expected to be ready for this matchup.

Louisiana Tech has had problems stopping the run giving up 301 yards rushing to Auburn and 290 to Navy.

Under Chris Ault, Nevada is at its best as a home favorite covering 16 of the past 19 times in that role. Louisiana Tech is 10-26 against the spread in its last 36 road contests. The Bulldogs have failed to cover in 24 of their last 29 road games when getting points.

Nevada destroyed Louisiana Tech, 49-10, when it hosted them two years ago. The Bulldogs have lost in their last four meetings to Nevada by an average margin of 23.7 points.

Louisiana Tech can be tough in Ruston, but have proven weak on the road. The Bulldogs have been outscored 69-27 in two road games this season, losing both and failing to cover the spread in either one.

The Wolf Pack have tremendous balance with their ground attack and the passing of Chris Kaepernick, the WAC Offensive Player of the Year last season. Nevada is on a roll now after losing road games to Notre Dame and Colorado State and then playing Missouri to a near stand still at home.

Louisiana Tech is not good at playing from behind. The Bulldogs have only three touchdown passes in four games. Look for Nevada to record its second straight blowout victory.

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Dominic Fazzini
Friday's play 10 Dime -- NEVADA (minus points vs. Louisiana Tech)

NEVADA

The Wolf Pack's offense came alive last week in a 63-28 pounding of in-state rival UNLV. Now Nevada gets to begin WAC play, hosting Louisiana Tech tonight.

The Wolf Pack gained 773 yards on offense, including 559 on the ground, despite turning the ball over four times and committing 15 penalties. Imagine what the team could have done if it had played a clean game.

Nevada has won four straight games against the Bulldogs, and are 3-1 against the spread in the process. When these teams meet, the favorite is 4-1 ATS, and the home team is also 4-1 ATS.

The Wolf Pack is 22-9 ATS in its last 31 home games, while the Bulldogs are 14-37-1 ATS in their last 52 road games.

Nevada is 20-7 ATS in its last 27 games as a home favorite, and 10-2 ATS in its last 12 games as a favorite of 10 1/2 points or greater. Louisiana Tech, meanwhile, is 5-22 ATS as a road underdog of 10 1/2 points or more.

While the Bulldogs had 449 total yards in their 27-6 home victory over Hawaii last week, I can't see them having enough offensive firepower to stay close to the Wolf Pack tonight, especially playing in Reno. Take Nevada to cover the points.

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 06:36 PM
WISEGUY INSIDER CFB
-----------------------------------------------

NEVADA -10 OVER LA TECH @ 9 est

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Stan Sharp | MLB Money Line Fri, 10/09/09 - 9:35 PM eY

double-dime bet 966 ANA (-115) BetUS vs 965 BOS
Analysis: Stan is Betting the LA ANGELS. Stan notes that the public will be betting the Red Sox playing for the split. Stan says don't fall into that trap as the Angels are playing good Baseball right now and Beckett hasn't been his dominating self. TAKE LA ANGELS as STAN'S PLAYOFF GAME OF THE WEEK and make them a DOUBLE DIME PLAY.
Bought and paid for by me

Mr. IWS
10-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Everyone on Nevada...LOL

Mr. IWS
Stu
Louisiana Tech @ Nevada 9:00 PM EDT
Play On: Nevada -10.0 (10,000-Dime)

Play on Nevada minus the points as my 10,000-Dime "WAC Game of the Year".

Stu's MLB Playoffs 100-Dime Total
Minnesota (Blackburn) @ NY Yankees (Burnett) 6:05 PM EDT
Play On: Under 10.0 (100-Dime)

Play on this game to go under the total of 10.0 as a 100-Dime selection.

Stu's 100-Dime Friday CFB Winner
Louisiana Tech @ Nevada 9:00 PM EDT
Play On: Nevada -10.5 (100-Dime)

Play on Nevada minus the points as a 100-Dime selection.

Stu’s 2500-Dime Friday MLB High Roller
Boston (Beckett) @ LA Angels (Weaver) 9:35 PM EDT
Play On: LA Angels -108 (2500-Dime)

Play on the Los Angeles Angels as a 2500-Dime High Roller selection.

Mr. IWS
Street Rosenthal

*200 Nevada -10
I usually will not play a favorite when the line has moved this much. However, The
La Tech defense is very susceptible to a run offense and this Nevada offense has
started to come together nicely. Look for Nevada to run the ball so they can open
up the game to pass. La Tech is more of a one sided team and look for them to stay
on the ground with the run. The trends here can't be ignored, and they fully
support a Nevada cover. Louisiana Tech is just 14-37-1 against the spread in their
last 52 road games, while Nevada is 22-9 against the spread in their last 31 home
games. The game has gone over the posted total 6 of the last 8 times these two teams
have played. La Tech is 1-12 ATS (-11.3 ppg) since September 07, 2002 as a road dog
after a win at home. The League is 3-18 ATS (-8.0 ppg) since September 18, 2004 as a
road dog vs. Nevada. Nevada is 9-1 ATS (+6.0 ppg) since October 25, 1997 as a home
favorite after a win at home.

*200 Los Angeles Angels -110
I am taking the Angels for another win tonight. I have the Angels starter Jered
Weaver as 13-0 SU when he is the starter at home as a favorite of less than -200 and
the Angels previous starter threw more than 105 pitchers in their last game. I also
have Jered Weaver as 17-1 SU when he starts at home and their opponent scored less
than 4 runs in their last game. Finally, we have the Red Sox as 4-13 SU since June
2007 vs a team that has won at least their last four games and it is not the first
game of a series. Take the Angels for the win tonight.

*200 Calgary Flames Over 5.5
I am taking the Over between the Flames and Stars tonight. I have the total has
gone OVER in 7 of Calgary's last 8 games. I also have the total has gone OVER in 4
of Calgary's last 5 games at home. Take the Over tonight for the win.