PDA

View Full Version : 10-10-09

Mr. IWS
10-10-2009, 07:37 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

::handshake::

Mr. IWS
10-10-2009, 07:38 AM
DR BOB

Rotation #309 Michigan State (-4) 3-Stars at -6 or less, 2-Stars up to -7.
Rotation #316 NC State (-14) 3-Stars at -16 or less, 2-Stars up to -17.
Rotation #318 Wake Forest (-10 1/2) 2-Stars at -13 or less, 3-Stars at -10.
Rotation #321 Purdue (+3 1/2) 2-Stars at +3 or more.
Rotation #327 Iowa State (+19 1/2) 2-Stars at +17 or more, 3-Stars at +20 or more.
Rotation #332 Temple (-13 1/2) 3-Stars at -14 or less, 2-Stars up to -17.
Rotation #339 Arizona (-3) 4-Stars at -3 or less, 3-Stars from -3 1/2 to -6 and 2-Stars at -6 1/2 or -7.
Rotation #342 Kent State (+3) 4-Stars at +3 or more, 3-Stars at less than +3.
Rotation #368 Toledo (-8) 3-Stars at -10 or less, 4-Stars at -7.

Strong Opinion - Rotation #323 Connecticut (+7) Strong Opinion at +7 or more.
Strong Opinion - Rotation #343 Stanford (+1) Strong Opinion at -1 or better.

Mr. IWS
10-10-2009, 07:45 AM
BIG AL's 94% (16-1 ATS) NCAA CONFERENCE GAME OF THE YEAR -- Saturday

At 8 pm, our WAC Conference Game of the Year is on the San Jose St Spartans minus the points over Idaho. Last week, the Vandals won their third straight game (all upset wins), and it was also the fifth straight ATS win for them (including four outright upsets). Overall, it's Idaho's best start since it went 4-1 to start the 1994 season. But it's extremely hard for underdogs to keep pulling upset wins, and I expect Idaho to come back down to earth in San Jose on Saturday night. Consider that teams off three straight upsets are 1-16 ATS since 1980 vs. .500 (or worse teams) when priced from -24 to +10 points. The Spartans have won each of the past four meetings vs. the Vandals, and were 14.5-point ROAD favorites last season. Now, with Idaho having so much success against the spread in 2009, we get San Jose as a small home favorite. The Spartans also have a "rest" advantage as they had last week off, while Idaho played at home vs. Colorado State. San Jose falls into a 111-47 ATS system of mine that plays on certain rested home teams vs. conference foes, and the Spartans also fall into 83-26, 31-3 and 46-16 ATS systems. Lay the points with San Jose. Good luck, as always...Al McMordie. And don't miss my top play on Saturday: It's my 5* College Football Game of the Month, and I'm 40-14 on my last 54 College Football 5* plays.

Mr. IWS
10-10-2009, 07:46 AM
BIG AL's 5* NCAA FB GAME OF THE MONTH (40-14 L54) -- Saturday
At 3:30 pm, our College Football Game of the Month is on the Mississippi Rebels plus the points over Alabama. Ole Miss was ranked in the Top 5 in late September, but fell victim to Steve Spurrier's Gamecocks in Columbia, South Carolina, and lost 16-10 as small road favorites. After losing that game, Mississippi was called "overrated" by the media, but its defeat certainly wasn't a surprise to me, as I played South Carolina in that ballgame. Now, however, with everyone off Ole Miss' bandwagon, I'll jump back on, and take the points with the Rebels as a home underdog. It certainly will be a raucous atmosphere at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, as coach Houston Nutt has asked all fans to wear blue in support of the Rebels. Whether or not this "blue-out" will inspire his squad is another issue, but I look for Nutt to pull out all stops on Saturday. Indeed, he closed practice to the media all week, and that's the first time he's done so since coming to Mississippi. Alabama has won the last five meetings between these two schools, but Mississippi has covered each of the last four, and those four Crimson Tide wins have come only by 3, 3, 3 and 4 points! So, getting points with Mississippi here at home in Oxford is HUGE. Even though its offense hasn't been impressive in SEC play (scoring just 16.5 ppg), its defense has been stellar, and the Rebels have allowed 10.7 ppg through its first four games this season. With such a good stop-unit, the Rebels fall into a great system of mine that plays on strong teams with good ground games, and staunch defenses. That system is 72-26 ATS since 1980, and is one reason why I favor the Rebels. Another is a 51-20 ATS system of mine which plays on certain revenging home dogs, who have exactly one loss on the season. Finally, I have a 64-25 ATS system that goes against unbeaten road favorites vs. .601 (or better) teams, provided our road favorite is off an ATS win. Two weeks ago, Alabama lost Dont'a Hightower for the year with a torn ACL, and the Crimson Tide was able to overcome his absence with a 38-20 victory at Kentucky. Still, Alabama gave up over 300 rushing + passing yards to the Wildcats, and that was the most yardage the Tide has surrendered this season! Look for the Rebels to pull the small upset on Saturday. 5* College Football Game of the Month on Mississippi.

Mr. IWS
10-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Play Title Burns' Big 10 TOTAL OF THE YEAR (80% YTD) *Nat TV!
Play Selected Total: 47/-104
I'm playing on Michigan and Iowa to finish UNDER the total. After putting up 30 or more points in each of their first four game, the Wolverines found the going much tougher last week, as they managed only 20 points in an overtime loss vs. Michigan State. Actually 20 points wasn't that bad, considering that the Wolverines managed only 251 yards, (a season-low) including a mere 28 on the ground. This week, they'll face an even tougher defense. The Hawkeyes' defense ranks third in the league allowing just 13.4 points. They also rank second with 14 forced turnovers. The fact that Iowa has not allowed a rushing touchdown in 33 quarters, dating to last season, says a lot about the type of defense this team is currently playing. Note that they held Penn State to only 307 total yards, forcing four turnovers. With that type of defense, it's no surprise that the Hawkeyes have seen four of their five games stay below the total. Looking back further and we find the UNDER at a profitable 20-9 the Hawkeyes' last 29 lined games. While the Michigan defense (allowing 23.4 ppg) hasn't been as stout as the Iowa defense, the Hawkeyes aren't exactly explosive on offense. As usual, Iowa likes to run the ball. They've had more than 30 rushing attempts in all five games, averaging more than 35. They're only averaging 3.9 yards per carry though. That adds up to a lot of second and third downs, where the clock is still moving. QB Stanzi is certainly capable, as he demonstrated in last week's big performance vs. Arkansas State. That said, he's now got seven interceptions, to go along with his eight touchdowns. Ferentz knows how important this game is (Hawkeyes have never been 5-0 with him as coach, let alone 6-0) and he knows that if he can limit Stanzi's mistakes, his team has a great chance. As a result, I expect another fairly conservative offensive gameplan. These teams haven't faced each other since 2006. However, if we look at the three meetings from 2004-2006 we find that all three of them produced 47 combined points or less. Those three games averaged only 38.67 points, most recently a 20-6 "defensive battle" in October of '06. I expect another relatively low-scoring affair here, with the final combined score staying beneath the generous number, the largest one Iowa has seen all year. *10 Top Big 10 Total

Mr. IWS
10-10-2009, 09:07 AM
WAYNE ROOT'S UPSET CLUB

Ole Miss (+4½) over Alabama
6*UCLA (+3½) over Oregon
Both games are at 3:30 PM

Mr. IWS
10-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Ben Burns

10* BIG 10 TOTAL OF THE YEAR - UNDER IOWA
10* SEC GOY - MISSISSIPPI
9* MAIN EVENT - ACC FLORIDA ST
8* NON-CONF GOW - ARMY
7* TENNESSEE - ILLINOIS

wayneschultz
10-10-2009, 10:38 AM
anybody have roots plays

legend
mill - ole miss
bill - ucla
nl
pp

Mr. IWS
10-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Brandon Lang 50 Dimer

OLE MISS

Mr. IWS
10-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Wayne Root
6*UCLA
7* Mississippi
10* Perfect Air force

Mr. IWS
10-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Brandon Lang

Saturday's Selections ...
50 DIME - OLE MISS REBELS - It wouldn't suprise me in the least bit if they shocked the world and won this game outright.

First and foremost, they lose one game and the world avoids them like the plague.

It was a loss to South Carolina and just a loss. On the road. In SEC play. Gonna happen, especially from a team that beat them last year.

Now back home for only the 2nd time this year and getting more than a field goal from a 'Bama team that I feel is overhyped and overpriced, Ole Miss is a dangerous dog today.

The last 8 times Houston Nutt has been an underdog, he is 8-0 ATS. Like I said, a dangerous dog today.

This is only the 2nd true road game for 'Bama this year after playing Virginia Tech in the Georgia Dome, and Kentucky on the road.

Speaking of which, let's breakdown the Kentucky game for a moment shall we?

In the first half Kentucky had two drives of 10 plays and 14 plays that ended in field goals while 'Bama goes 37 yards for a touchdown after a 60 yard kickoff return for a 7-6 Bama lead and with 1 minute to go in the half it was only 14-6.

Kentucky fumbles the last possession of the half and 'Bama returns it 45 yards for a TD and with their first 2 possessions of the 3rd quarter the Wildcats turn it over setting up 10 Tide points, and just like that it's 31-6 and game over.

This Alabama team hasn't really played anybody this year with exception of Virginia Tech in the first game of the year, and Tech doesn't have near the weapons Ole Miss does.

'Bama has beaten up on the likes of FIU, North Texas, and Arkansas at home and they don't count.

Ole Miss stood toe-to-toe with an even better 'Bama team last year on the road and to get them this time in Oxford in this spot will be the day Ole Miss announces to the world, "WE ARE BACK."

Ole Miss is my 4th straight football 50 dime winner.

OLE MISS REBELS - 1:00 PM

15 DIME - DUKE BLUE DEVILS - Who is NC State to be laying this kind of number to a Duke team that just threw for over 350 yards on V'tech's defense last week?

Granted it was at home but for my money, this is single-digit game where we are gettng double digit points.

I am a fan of David Cutcliffe and he has this Duke team heading in the right direction and he will take this NC State team down to the wire.

Blue Devils are 17-8 ATS in their last 25 games versus teams with a winning record which means they are always getting a generous amount of points.

You add the fact NC State is 3-13 ATS versus teams with a losing record and 8-20-1 ATS last 29 games as a favorite and this is a great dog play.

In my opinion, this line should be between 8 and 11 points, and not more than 2 TD's which it is.

Duke is in this game the whole way.

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4:00 PM

15 DIME - COLORADO STATE RAMS - OK, so they buried me at BYU when I had them +18 1/2 and they lose by 19 courtesy of an onside kick down 12 with 5 minutes to go and all 3 timeouts.

That was after going for 2 points from the 8-yard line after a false start. One coaching mistake after another led to the no cover.

They then go to Idaho deflated, and lose despite a great game from Stuckey throwing for over 350 yards and 4 scores.

Now they are a home dog, a spot head coach Fairchild loves.

How much love? A perfect 6-0 ATS last 6 times a home dog.

I am not a fan of Utah. They struggled to beat San Jose State on the road by only 10 and weren't too impressive at home to Louisville either.

This is the best offensive line Utah has seen this year, and it's a line that will keep Colorado State in this game the whole way.

I am going to grab Colorado State plus the points and it wouldn't suprise me if they won the game outright.

Colorado State is the play.

COLORADO STATE RAMS - 6:00 PM

10 DIME - VIRGINIA TECH HOKIES - (if 14 1/2 you buy the 1/2 and lay -14. Never get beat by the hook) -

54 yards total offense at Clemson.

Let me say it again. 54 yards total offense at Clemson.

I don't care what they did at home versus Wake Forest and Florida State, they imploded on the road in their only road game this year and they will do it in their 2nd as well.

I mean, if you could only muster up 54 yards total offense against Clemson's defense, what are you going to do against a better defense in Virginia Tech.

I also expect Bud Foster to be all over his kids for the lack of focus at Duke allowing the Blue Devils to light them up for close to 30 points.

Boston College is starting a 25 year old freshman and I don't care who this kid is, if the V-Tech defense can corral Miami-Florida and Jacory Harris, they can haunt this 25-year old all day long.

Yes, it was in a monsoon but defense is defense, and Tech has a huge edge at home here.

Lay the wood in at least a 21 point V-Tech win.

VIRGINIA TECH HOKIES - 12:00 PM

10 DIME - SAN JOSE STATE SPARTANS - The world loves Idaho because they have covered every game this year. Whoopee.

Let me ask you this, if Idaho has played at USC, home against Utah, and on the road at Stanford, do you think they would have covered every game?

You see, San Jose State opened up their schedule with 3 BCS schools and because of it they will be a much better team in this spot here.

They are off a bye week and they are ready to just hammer this Idaho team, and we are getting great value because of the perfect ATS run by the Vandals.

I said this is Dick's best team at San Jose State, and I fully expect them to really come out focused and ready to drill this team.

Utah was in a war with San Jose State and only 24-14. That tells you right there how good San Jose State can be.

Idaho hasn't played anybody of any strength and the one team they did, Washington, crushed them 42-23.

New Mexico State, San Diego State, Northern Illinois and San Diego State don't really qualify as teams like USC, Stanford, and Utah.

Like I said, great value here with San Jose State and I will gladly jump on it all day long.

SAN JOSE STATE SPARTANS - 8:00 PM

FREE SELECTION - FLORIDA GATORS

Mr. IWS
10-10-2009, 11:38 AM
PPP
3% Army, GA, Auburn, Wisky,UTEP
4% Miami OH, Marshall, WY
5% Ohio, Fresno St

Mr. IWS
10-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Spritzer

4-Bama
5-vatech
KO-Ohio st- Fla-Over colo/tex
TKO-Kansas-Ucla
Insider Fresno st
Insider smackdown goy-San Josie S

Jason_W
10-10-2009, 07:16 PM
I can't believe so many of these guys were on Ole Miss. I hope everyone was fading these guys. I did and won. ;-)