PDA

View Full Version : Hendo to Strikeforce?

Mr. IWS
10-20-2009, 04:00 PM
I think this is a negotiation ploy by Hendo.

Get ready, Gegard.
Former dual Pride FC middleweight and welterweight champion, Dan Henderson, could be headed to Strikeforce after he could not come to agreeable terms on a contract extension with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), according to Yahoo!Sports.com.
UFC President Dana White had this to say on the stalemate:
“We have a good relationship with Henderson, and there are no hard feelings. He had a figure he believed he was worth, and we had our own figure, and we weren’t able to get together.”
Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker told MMA Fanhouse that he’s spoken with “Dangerous Dan,” but would not elaborate on the content of those discussions. It’s also unclear how soon Henderson would be able to compete for another organization — UFC often has the the right to match contract offers in a free agent situation.
In addition, a representative from camp “Hollywood” indicates a jump to San Jose is far from imminent.
“We had a brief get-to-know-you session with (Strikeforce) and met them for coffee, but to say he’s close to signing would be a gross misrepresentation. Until something is signed, nothing is ever over.”
Regardless of where negotiations stand, this is certainly quite a turn of events. Especially since Henderson has mentioned numerous times recently that his goal is to remain a UFC fighter.
However, the former number one middleweight contender seemed adamant that in addition to more money, he also wanted another opportunity to challenge reigning division champion, Anderson Silva.
The latter didn’t seem like a potential deal breaker after White all but assured Henderson would rematch Silva after his sensational knockout of Michael Bisping at UFC 100.
However, that was before Silva’s manager, Ed Soares, made the case that Henderson should take on Nate Marquardt first to determine a clear-cut contender. In addition, Vitor Belfort — who lost to Hendo at PRIDE 32 back in Oct. 2006 — was not on the roster.
Now with Belfort in the fold he’s in talks take on Silva at UFC 108, which perhaps was a big blow to Henderson’s bargaining power at the negotiating table.
More on this breaking news as it develops.

Luke
10-20-2009, 07:14 PM
it maybe a ploy or he might be just that pissed Dana gave Belfort a title shot and told him he had to fight for it.

Strikeforce pays good ,I wouldnt be suprised if he bolts to them

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 02:08 PM
If its true, give him the winner of Shields/Mayhem

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=k ... &type=lgns (http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-henderson110509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
CHICAGO – Dan Henderson, the power-punching ex-two division PRIDE champion, will be at the Sears Centre on Saturday for the Strikeforce mixed martial arts card that will air on CBS.
Whether he will have a signed Strikeforce contract when he appears to work the corner of Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou is another matter entirely.
A source close to the situation told Yahoo! Sports on Monday that Henderson had signed with Strikeforce, spurning the Ultimate Fighting Championship, for whom he has fought since 2007. Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker on Tuesday admitted to having talks with Henderson, but denied he has been signed.
Enter into the fray UFC president Dana White, who had been personally involved in the negotiations with Henderson.
White said Wednesday, “I guarantee you 1,000 percent that Dan Henderson is signed by Strikeforce.”
Appraised of White’s stance after Wednesday’s news conference to promote Saturday’s card featuring a heavyweight bout between Fedor Emelianenko and Brett Rogers, Coker grinned wanly.
“Honestly, I got a call from Dan’s management a couple of days ago telling me Dan had turned down the UFC’s offer,” Coker said. “I guess the UFC made an offer and put a deadline on it. They turned it down and were calling to talk to me, but I told him I have this huge fight and there’s a tremendous amount going on and I couldn’t really deal with it at this point.”
Henderson, 39, remains one of the world’s top middleweights, though he also can fight at light heavyweight. He is 25-7 overall and 5-2 in the UFC, and is coming off a one-punch knockout of Michael Bisping at UFC 100 on July 11 in Las Vegas.
White said he wanted to re-sign Henderson, but not at the price Henderson proposed. Henderson had been in the mix to fight UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva. White said he had no hard feelings toward Henderson.
“Dan and I have been friends and we will continue to be friends, but it just didn’t work out and he went to Strikeforce,” White said.
Coker conceded he’d love to have Henderson under contract, but said White’s information is incorrect.
“Everyone who watches MMA knows the kind of fighter Dan Henderson is,” Coker said. “He’s a tough, aggressive, fun guy to watch. Who wouldn’t want a guy like that? Of course we do, and that’s why we’ve spoken with them.
“Honestly, though, we don’t have a deal with him yet. I’ve been up to my eyeballs working on this fight and I just haven’t had time to deal with that yet.”

Luke
11-06-2009, 02:23 PM
“I guarantee you 1,000 percent that Dan Henderson is signed by Strikeforce.”

I would say by this statement he's with strikeforce.

Dana is going to have to start paying his fighters more or they are all going to bolt to strikeforce.I mean who wouldnt bolt to the place that has less competition and pays more?

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 02:31 PM
as the world turns:

Dan Henderson remains an unsigned commodity, the fighter’s business partner and manager, Aaron Crecy, told Sherdog.com late Thursday, responding to a new report that states the top-five middleweight has signed with Strikeforce.

“Dan hasn’t signed anywhere,” said Crecy.

Crecy has stepped forward twice in the last three weeks to counter claims that his client had signed with the UFC’s biggest U.S. competitor. In mid-October, the middleweight and his managerial team also squashed reports that Henderson was close to signing a deal with Strikeforce.

Henderson and the UFC have been stuck on the monetary terms of a new five-fight agreement since late July. In that time, UFC President Dana White has described the renegotiations as anywhere from “stalemated” to “done.”

However, Sherdog.com has direct knowledge from multiple parties involved that talks between both sides have continued the entire time and even into this week.

On Wednesday, White again commented publicly about Henderson.

“I guarantee you 1,000 percent that Dan Henderson is signed by Strikeforce,” White told Yahoo Sports.

Crecy said the statement is 100 percent false.

“Anyone that would report that is misinformed,” he said.

When asked if Henderson was still in negotiations with both the UFC and Strikeforce, Crecy said, “He’s open to all possibilities. Nothing is imminent.”

Henderson, 39, earned $350,000 for his second-round knockout of Michael Bisping at UFC 100 in July, which included a $100,000 knockout bonus awarded by the promotion. Crecy would not comment on his client’s new asking price, but has previously denied White’s claim that Henderson’s counter-offer would make him the UFC’s highest paid athlete.

Crecy reiterated that Henderson will attend Strikeforce’s Saturday event outside Chicago, and said that the fighter wasn’t any closer to making a decision regarding where he’ll fight in 2010.