PDA

View Full Version : 10-26-09

Mr. IWS
10-26-2009, 08:48 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

::handshake::

Mr. IWS
10-26-2009, 09:39 AM
ben burns

nfc east gom wash

Mr. IWS
10-26-2009, 01:26 PM
WAYNE ROOT

2009 Football Upset Club

Monday, October 26, 2009
3*Eagles (-7½) over Redskins
8:30 PM -- FedEx Field

Mostly cloudy. Winds blowing from the East at 5-10 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 65.

Mr. IWS
10-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Lang Update

BRANDON LANG
Last 50 Days
W/L/P: 44/72/1
Win:Loss: 37.93%
Total Units: -673.60
Dime clients -$673,600

angtank
10-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Monday's Selection ...
10 DIME - WASHINGTON REDSKINS - Andy Reid can't be trusted to coach a team on the road laying more than a touchdown. Anytime anywhere. He proved that in Oakland.

Last year the Redskins were dreadful, just as bad as this year, and it didn't matter when playing their division rival as they beat them both times.

This is a match up dream for Washington and it's the reason they have covered 6 of the last 8 between these two with a push. They just match up well with anything the Eagles want to do.

In watching the Raiders get completely destroyed yesterday at Oakland, I kept asking myself the whole game how on God's earth the Eagles lost to the Raiders? How could they have possibly lost to that poor excuse of a football team?

At the end of the Jets-Raiders game I had my answer. The Eagles are NOT as good as everyone is making them out to be!

They have only played one team this year with a winning record, so who are the Eagles to be laying this kind of number against anybody right now?

They have played the Panthers, Saints, Chiefs, Bucs, and the Raiders this year, and only the Saints have a winning record.

The bottom line for me is if you can't beat Raiders on the road scoring only 9 points, then for my dollar tonight I can't have any confidence you can cover more than a touchdown against a division rival.

I know all the bad numbers surrounding the Redskins tonight, but their is a reason the underdog in every single one of their games have covered the number. Their defense is pretty darn good.

The Redskins were catching 6 1/2 at New York to start the year and got the cover and were catching 5 at Carolina and got the cover.

I look for them to go to 3-0 ATS as an underdog this year.

FREE SELECTION - PHILADELPHIA-WASHINGTON UNDER

Mr. IWS
10-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Dr Bob opinion

Some models suggest a Washington cover tonight at home against Philadelphia, but Dr. Bob finds the current spread too close to call when the Redskins host the Eagles.

Redskins owner Daniel Snyder is so desperate that he pulled former Green Bay Packers' offensive coordinator Sherman Lewis out of retirement to call plays.

Lewis has been out of the game for four years, which may cause a problem given the ever changing NFL landscape, but Lewis can't be any worse calling plays in the redzone that head coach Jim Zorn was. Washington has averaged an above-average 5.5 yards per play with starting quarterback Jason Campbell in the game (against teams that would allow 5.6 yppl to an average team) yet the Skins have managed to score just 13.2 points per game.

The Skins won't move the ball as well as normal in this game against a stingy Eagles' defense (4.4 yppl allowed to teams that would average 4.8 yppl against an average team, but they should have a few opportunities to improve their redzone efficiency.

Washington's defense is decent too, allowing just 4.7 yppl to teams that would average 4.9 yppl against an average defensive unit and they match up pretty evenly with an Eagles' attack that has been 0.3 yppl better than average this season (worse than that with Donovan McNabb at quarterback).

My math model does favor Philly by 6 points while my second math model favors the Eagles by 10 points. There are some favorable situations that favor Washington in this game, but I'll pass.

Projected Final Score: Eagles-22 Redskins-15