PDA

View Full Version : 10-28-09

Mr. IWS
10-28-2009, 08:42 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

::handshake::

Mr. IWS
10-28-2009, 01:27 PM
LANG

Here you go guys

20 DIME - PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES IN THE SERIES

15 DIME - PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES - The Phillies will beat Sabathia tonight.

I don't care how good he has been this post season, the Phillies know how to beat this guy and they will do it again tonight.Last year in the NLDS, Sabathia was on a roll only to watch the Phillies rock him for 5 earned in just over 4 innings highlighted by a grand slam by Shane Victorino. Now I know it was on 3 days rest, but in 4 career starts versus Philadelphia he is 1-2 with an ERA of 5.55. The Phillies were great against lefties all year and furthermore, they were great on the road. Lee won the first game at the new Yankee Stadium with the Indians 10-2, beating Sabathia that night and I feel he will beat them here. He is 2-0 this post season with a 0.74 ERA over 24 innings and what makes this an even better play other than the great price you are getting with the Phillies is their record in Lee's 15 starts for them this year. Try on 11-4 for size. I like that size and I like it tonight. Great value, great price with the defending champs to take game one. For the series, I like the Phillies as well. I like the matchup of Lee, Hamels and Pedro over Sabathia, Burnett and Pettitte. I like the offense of the Phillies more than the Yankees as I feel the Phillies will be able to manufacture more runs with their lineup. Small ball suits the Phillies. I like the defense of the Phillies more than the Yankees, and middle relief also favors the Phillies. Rolling with the Phillies to repeat as your world champions.

5 DIME - ORLANDO MAGIC - Going to keep this short and sweet.

The Magic took their preseason very seriously as evidenced by their perfect 8-0 mark winning every game by an average of 18 points.They catch a Sixers team opening up on the road with a new coach, a new point guard and an unproven lineup from head to toe.Lou Williams is going to be good but trust me folks, he doesn't bring the veteran presence you had from Andre Miller, who will be sorely missed. This is a statement game right out of the box for the Magic, and I believe it will end in a double digit win. Wire-to-wire here, as the Magic take their momentum from the preseason and carry it over to game one for them here in 2009. Love the addition of Vince Carter and with Dwight Howard commanding double teams...watch out rim! Carter hasn't had a low post presence like this to play off of in his career. ESPN highlight reel get ready. I am laying the wood with the Magic tonight.

FREE SELECTION - PHILADELPHIA-NY YANKEES OVER

Mr. IWS
10-28-2009, 01:28 PM
burns

5* Big Chalk Blowout - Calgary
5* Annihilator - Yankees
9* TOW - Nuggets/Jazz under

Mr. IWS
10-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Dr Bob

NBA Opinion
Phoenix (-3) over L.A. CLIPPERS
The Clippers played pretty well last night in their 92-99 loss as an 11 point dog to the Lakers, but Los Angeles applies to a negative 33-71-1 ATS early season indicator. The line on this game opened at -1 1/2 and is now at 13 and I would have made it Suns by 2 1/2, so there is at least 1/2 a point of negative line value. The situation is still good enough to lean with Phoenix at -3 but I'll wait for better opportunities that will arise when the strongest early season indicators start to apply later this week.

NBA Opinion
Cleveland (-6) over TORONTO
Cleveland was 15-4 ATS after a loss last season and 56-28-1 ATS in their last 85 games after a loss when not laying more than 7 points. With that being the case I expect the Cavs to bounce-back from last night's loss to Boston with a good effort tonight against what I think will be another sub-par Toronto team. My ratings favor Cleveland by 6 1/2 after adjusting for the Cavs' lack of rest, so the line is fair and Cleveland will be motivated.