PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Cro Cop vs. Rothwell at 111

Mr. IWS
11-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Hope it comes through. Mirko looks like he wants no buisness fighting. i will be all over Rothwell, and I think the price will be pretty good.

A heavyweight battle between Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic and Ben Rothwell appears as if it may be in the works for UFC 111.
A report has recently surfaced on the extremely popular mixed martial arts forum, The Underground, stating that the two are expected to face off in Australia.
The only card rumored for Australia in the near future would be UFC 111, expected to take place in Sydney during February of 2010, with a possible bout between Wanderlei Silva and Yoshihiro Akiyama already confirmed through both fighters.
FiveOuncesofPain.com has since been able to contact parties close to the situation, who were unable to provide any comment on the possibility of the match-up.
Rothwell is fresh off of a second round TKO defeat at the hands of Cain Velasquez during UFC 104, which ended somewhat controversially after referee Steve Mazagatti waved the contest of as “Big” Ben was attempting to climb back to his feet while absorbing punishment. Just prior to the loss Rothwell stopped Chris Guillen via TKO during Adrenaline MMA 2 following a knockout defeat to Andrei Arlovski that came on the heels of thirteen consecutive victories for the heavy handed brawler out of Iowa.
Cro Cop would be looking to get his mixed martial arts career back on track following an embarresing verbal submission to Junior dos Santos following a punch at UFC 103. Prior to his most recent loss, Filipovic strung together back to back wins over the likes of Mustapha Al-Turk and Hong Man Choi.

fissics
11-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Yeah I'm thinking Rothwell will be a decent underdog. Might make some money back since I took Rothwell over Cain, haha =/