PDA

View Full Version : 11-6-09

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 09:01 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

::handshake::

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 09:02 AM
SPORTS MEMO

HELMUT

The Broncos have had no problems winning and covering games when on the road. Over the last two seasons,they are a perfect 10-0 on the road covering the spread in nine of those games.The Bulldogs have had success this season particularly at home where they are 3-0, comfortably winning all three games, but I just cannot see Tech’s offense having much success against the Broncos’highly rated defense.Tech’s schedule the last five games has been against some of the worst defenses in the league so not surprising they were able to put some points on the board. Early in the season when the Bulldogs played good but not great defenses in Auburn and Navy they gained 245 and 167 total yards respectively. The Bulldogs also come into this game banged up with their top two playmakers, Phillip Livas and Daniel Porter, both injured in the last game against Idaho.The Bulldogs have had issues stopping the run this season as Auburn,Navyand Nevada put up and average of 312 ypg on the ground. Boise has been averaging close to 200 ypg and should have no issues in this spot. With winning by margin also on the mind’s of the Broncos, we’ll back them as they cruise to yet another easy victory.

Best Bet: Boise State -20.5 (Friday)

Mr. IWS
Kyle Bales:

15* Wizards -1
10* LA Tech +21.5
5*Heat +1.5

Mr. IWS
BRYAN LEONARD'S FRIDAY ESPN2 WAC SHOWDOWN

309/310 Boise State at Louisiana Tech

The Bronco's quest for an undefeated season continues as they head to Ruston to face the Bulldogs. Despite being a fan favorite and a bookmakers nightmare the Broncos continue to beat the pointspread. This is a team that is 6-1 ATS this year and 80-44 ATS over the past 10+ seasons. Simply put, the Linesmaker just cannot make the pointspread high enough in Boise State games. And we see no reason to buck the trend here as the Broncos have gone 8-2 ATS on the road as of late. Boise is known for their offense but defensively this team has been outstanding. They have only permitted one team to score more than 21 points in any game, and they still won that contest by 17 points. Boise State has dominated this series winning by margins of 35, 14, 41, 17 and 41 points the past five meetings.

Louisiana Tech just lost two back to back games that came down to the wire against Idaho and Utah State. Last week they lost their best receiver and running back to injury. Daniel Porter and Phillip Livas are both questionable this week for the Bulldogs. Those two are in addition to many other injuries on this team that has really taken away the depth of this club. Livas had already suffered a turf toe injury prior to the Idaho game, he's not only their best pass catcher but also their star return man. If either of these two are not close to 100% this week it will be extremely hard for Louisiana Tech to remain competitive here.

The Bulldogs are a very good team playing in Ruston but this team is just a shell of themselves at this point. They have been outgained in yards per play in 5 of the 7 FBS games they have played this season. The only time they held an advantage was against Hawaii and New Mexico State. Needless to say Boise State is far superior to those two squads and they still feel slighted in the BCS rankings. If Boise can run up the score they will, and a national television audience is the best setting to do so.

PLAY BOISE STATE

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 10:59 AM
B l a c K W i d o W / B i l L Y o u n G
6* W id ow W ise guy ESPN 2 Friday Night A TS B LO OD BA TH on LA Tech +21.5(-105 at 5dimes)

LA Tech will give Boise State a run for their money Friday at home. The Bulldogs have played a brutal schedule this year, playing 5 road games to just 3 home games. But LA Tech has done some serious damage at home in 2009. The Bulldogs are 3-0 at home this season, scoring 40.0 points/game and allowing just 8.7 points/game while outscoring their opponents by 31.3 points/game. This team will feed off of their home crowd as they try and upset undefeated Boise State. LA Tech is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 home meetings with Boise, so they've had good success here in the past, actually winning 2 of those 5 games outright. The Bulldogs are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games as a home underdog. The Bulldogs are 5-0 ATS vs. a team with a winning record. The Bulldogs are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 home games overall. Take LA Tech and the points.

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 11:00 AM
charlie
nba & ncaaf. charlotte+3, clippers @ golden st over 216 & boise st @ la ech over 50' (500* 3 TEAM TRIPLE PLAY)
ncaaf. boise st-21 (30*)
nba. suns @ celtics over 205' (20*)
nba. bucks @ t'wolves under 184' (20*)
nba. chicago @ cleveland under 187 (10*)
nba. cleveland-8 (10*) free play

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Frank Patron
november 6 2009
frank patron 20000 unit college football lock
frank patron
20000 unit college football lock
over 51 points boise state at la. Tech

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Craig Davis
Friday's Lineup
40 Dime --- Boise State-Louisiana Tech OVER

15 Dime --- BLAZERS

10 Dime --- NUGGETS

BOISE STATE/LOUISIANA TECH OVER --- Is it just me or is this line extremely too low? It seems as if every weeknight college football game has a really high total, yet the game fails to reach the number and comes in easily UNDER the total. Even last night's featured college football game, ECU/Virginia Tech, was supposed to be high scoring, yet ECU couldn't find the end zone and the total was a very simple under. Tonight, however, I believe this total (currently at 50 at the time of this writing) is much too low. In my estimation, Vegas is placing way too much stock in the fact that Louisiana Tech has allowed less than 10 points per game in three home games so far this year.

But a further look inside those three home games finds blowout wins over Hawaii, New Mexico State, and FCS school Nicholls State. No wonder this team looks so dominant, defensively, at home. Louisiana Tech and defense don't really belong in the same sentence, do they? Did you see last week's game with Idaho? 35-34 final. Lowly Utah State scored 23 on them the week before, and that squad isn't one-third of the offense Boise State will bring to the table tonight. You can twist the numbers how ever you want, Louisiana Tech allows almost 400 yards per game and 24 points per contest.

Boise's offense is currently clicking on all cylinders, scoring 41 PPG, including 99 in their last two games. QB Kellen Moore is one of the best QBs in the country that no one's talking about. Moore has thrown for nearly 2000 yards, 24 TDs and an astonishing 2 INTs. But, if for some reason, Moore isn't on his game, the Broncos have three RBs who are more than capable of getting the job done (186 yards per game). With Louisiana Tech giving up just as many rushing yards per game as Boise State is gaining, the writing is on the wall.

As for L. Tech, it's not like they can't score points. The Bulldogs score 27 PPG, mostly behind the arm of QB Ross Jenkins. Though he doesn't get the attention that Kellen Moore does, Jenkins is still a solid gunslinger that has thrown 11 touchdowns vs. just 4 INTs this season, and had a picture perfect game vs. Idaho last week, throwing for 220 yards and three TDs in that 35-34 loss. The Bulldogs also did a nice job of running the football, carrying it 47 times for 222 yards and a TD, but somehow still managed to lose. How? Because they have no defense.

You take into account that Boise State scores at will, Louisiana Tech can't stop anyone, but they're more than capable of playing catchup and this game should be over the total in the 3rd quarter. Also keep in mind that these two teams have combined for 6 special teams touchdowns and I see absolutely no way this game stays under the total. Top play of they day on the OVER in tonight's college football game.

PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS --- I played against the Spurs last night and won with ease as San Antonio was never really in that game. Utah pretty much led by double digits throughout and cruised to their second win of the year. Meanwhile, I think I saw something in San Antonio last night that I haven't seen in a long time... a lack of toughness. Tim Duncan looked soft and was beaten up by Carlos Boozer much of the night. Manu Ginobili must still be having lingering effects of "hitting the bat" because he looks slow and very average on defense. Tony Parker is still Tony Parker, but he can't carry this team by himself. Were the Spurs possibly looking ahead to tonight's matchup? Yeah, it's possible, and that's actually what I included in my analysis. So, now they get the matchup they were looking forward too, only I don't think they really want to face Portland right now the way they're playing.

The Blazers are fresh off a three day rest since their last game and they're already 1-0 when coming in fresh. The Spurs, on the other hand, are 0-1 ATS so far when playing on back-to-back nights and they haven't covered either of their two road games to date (not to mention they've lost both road games SU). It's pretty clear to me... Vegas is still in love with the Spurs and it shows in their lines. I'm sorry, but I've seen them twice and haven't been impressed either time. They aren't the Spurs of old and when Vegas finally realizes that, the lines will surely change. Until then, we'll play against them. The Spurs are just 2-6 ATS in their last 8 vs. teams from the Northwest and Portland has won two straight vs. San Antonio at home. The Blazers will win this one by 8-10 points, easily giving us our cover tonight.

DENVER NUGGETS --- How can you not back the Nuggets right now? They are playing the best basketball in the NBA right now (at least offensively) and have won three straight games by double digits. Their other two wins were by nine and three points, respectively, but those wins came against Utah and Portland. The Nuggets have beaten good teams and bad teams and haven't skipped a beat, scoring well over 100 points in four of their five wins. Carmelo Anthony is off to a hot start in the scoring department, Nene is cleaning the glass and you have to love how the Nuggets are using their guard depth off the bench to keep Chauncey Billups fresh. And if you're wondering about their defense, though it's clearly not as good as Boston's, they have kept three of their five opponents under 100 points and twice limited teams to less than 40% shooting.

Meanwhile, Miami is also off to a hot start, dropping just one game in their first five. However, their wins haven't been nearly as impressive and they haven't played as tough a schedule as Denver has. So it's really not fair to compare these two teams on a even playing field yet because it's too early in the season. All I can do is take what I've seen from both teams thus far and add that to the fact that Denver has won 8 straight, yes I said 8 straight, vs. Miami by an average of nearly 10 PPG. Denver is 13-3 ATS in their last 16 road games and 25-8 ATS in their last 33 overall. This one will be close for a while, but in the end the Nuggets' depth will be the difference. Play the Nuggets over the Heat.

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Karl Garrett
20 DIMER - BOISE STATE BRONCOS.....10 DIMER - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES 20 DIMER - BOISE STATE BRONCOS

Really a "no brainer" to me, as Boise State MUST win, and win big if they wish to be participating in a BCS Game come January. The Broncos know TCU is also undefeated, and rolling strong, so expect Chris Peterson's team to take no prisoners as they battle the Bulldogs tonight in Ruston.

Tech just blew a sure win at Idaho on Halloween, and it is going to be tough for them to get back up for this game after the air went out of their balloon last weekend.

Boise State has covered all but 1 of their games this season, and they have also covered 9 of their last 10 lined road games.

The Broncos are on a 7-game series win streak versus the Bulldogs, and they have covered in 4 of their last 5 wins over La-Tech.

Yes, it is a big road impost, but you must lay it!

10 DIMERS - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

Good spot for the Wolves to notch a win, as this impost is small enough that an outright win would pretty much give us the cover.

Both teams are pretty evenly matched, as Milwaukee comes into this one at 1-2 straight up, with both losses coming away from home.

Minnesota is off to a 1-4 start, but they have been competitive at 4-1 against the math.

Looking at the series numbers, Minny has won 3 in a row, and they have covered in 2 of those 3.

I will back the T-Wolves to come through minus the small number at home.

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Wunderdog Horse selections

SANTA ANITA Race #3 (THE BREEDERS' CUP MARATHON) at 3:35 PM Eastern

Top pick: #6 (MASTERY) - Godolphin-owened colt has been getting better all season and last out won one of Europe's most prestigious races, the "St. Leger" Stakes (Eng G1) and has proven that he need not bring his track with him as he's also raced well in Italy and France. Has "Polytrack" experience as he finished a close-up fourth in his first start of this year in the "Kentucky Derby Challenge" at Kempton Park on their artificial surface. Has a nice tracking gear and this distance is not a problem. The top selection.

2nd pick: #5 (Father Time) - Talented colt from a legendary English trainer (Henry Cecil). By the top sire "Dansili" he's finished in back of the top selection in his last pair by 3 1/2 lengths in the "St.Leger" and 1 1/4 lengths in the "Great Voltiguer" Stakes (Eng G2). Juddmonte home-bred broke his maiden on "Poly" at the small track of Great Leighs in his only race at age two. He's a major threat to the top selection.

3rd pick: #3 (Nite Light) - He's always had some ability, but his career has been compromised by many layoff lines during his career. Has the best speed and he proved two back at Turfway when he went wire-to-wire in the "Turfway Park Fall Challenge" that he can handle a synthetic surface. Speed has done well on this "all weather surface" at this meet and this son of "Thunder Gulch" must be left in the mix.

4th pick: #9 (Man of Iron) - Lightly-raced son of "Giant's Causeway" is two for three on the Dundalk "Polytrack" in Ireland and he's in the barn of one of the greatest trainers ever (Aidan O'Brien). Has some speed and may sneak away at big odds despite his connections.

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 01:05 PM
tim trushel
la.tech/regular

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Trace Adams
1000* - Boise State Broncos, 500* - Atlanta Hawks Granted, the line on this game is a tad inflated, as the linesmakers know the Broncos will be looking to run up the score every opportunity they get as Boise looks to keep their BCS stock from dipping.

Still, prefer to lay it here, as Boise State is capable of hanging the big number on a Bulldogs team that just blew their last game at Idaho, and could be a little deflated after letting the Vandals off the hook.

Boise State has won the last 7 series meetings against La-Tech, and they have covered in 4 of the last 5 showdowns. The Broncos are also 9-1 against the spread their last 10 road games, and have covered 6 of their 7 lined games thus far this season.

With Boise State knowing that TCU is also undefeated, the Broncos can ill-afford a slip up against this inferior Tech team.

I am laying the wood here.

1000? - Boise State Broncos

On the hardwood, Atlanta has been good to me early on, and I expect them to be good to me again tonight as they play at Charlotte.

The Bobcats are off to a 2-0 start at home both straight up, and against the spread, but the Hawks can counter with a 2-1 road mark, and a 2-0-1 road spread mark.

The Hawks can also counter with wins in 3 of the last 4 series meetings.

If you ask me, Atlanta is just the better team, and they do have far more offense in their lineup than the offensively-challenged Bobcats who have scored 59, 102, 79, and 79 in their first 4 games.

Have to back the Hawks.

500? - Atlanta Hawks

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 01:06 PM
5 Unit Play. Take Under 205.5 between the Denver Nuggets @ Miami Heat (Friday @ 7:30pm est).

IC

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Redd

40-Dime Clippers

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 02:53 PM
doc's nba

3U Wizards -1
4U Suns gm over 206.5
5U Nuggets gm under 205.5
2U Bucks gm under 184.5

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 02:53 PM
DESTROY THE BOOK SPORTS
11/6/09- Friday NCAA

7* WAC T.O.M.

BOISE ST / LA TECH OVER 50

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Sammy Jankus Reverse Barometer

I rate my plays 3, 4 and 5 stars. Always play the OTHER SIDE of my game writeups.

Atlanta at Charlotte 7:05 PM ET
4* (502) CHARLOTTE (+2)

Okay, today’s math class is now in session. In this corner we have the 4-1 Atlanta Hawks, whose only loss was to the defending NBA champ LA Lakers and whose four wins have come by an average of 9 PPG (lowest margin of victory 6 points). And in this corner we have… jeez, it’s the Bobcats, which means they aren’t much better than an expansion team. And I just have to lay a mere TWO POINTS to get the Hawks here? Consider it done! I LOVE Atlanta in this mismatch – so your play (and I feel bad doing this to you) is on CHARLOTTE.

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 03:37 PM
st bernadine sports advisors
look to keep a good week going. Enjoy ladies and gents!!

john keelan(abats computer simulator)
1* houston -6

Lillefty(Matt Denenhy)
1* toronto/new orleans over 205
Toronto is lighting up the scoreboard right now on both the offensive and defensive ends. Their last 3 games have gone way over the total. The defensive side of the ball appears to be of no concern right now for the Raptors. New Orleans is playing more uptempo ball right now themselves, Chris Paul is playing like a man posessed. He is trying to make up for the lack of help by his teammates all by himself. They are standing around watching and unfortunately this has translated to lethargy on the defensive end also. Paul put up 39 last time out and vs the combo of Calderon and Rozan another 35+ pts isn't out of the question. Both teams should get into the 100's tonight which will probably send this game flying over the total at 215-220.

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Marc Lawrence

Friday, November 6

Boise St over LA TECH by 14

The Broncos are actually looking up at WAC-leading Nevada but it’s the BCS
Standings that matter most right now in Boise. Papa Smurf (Chris) Petersen
still has his horses thinking about crashing another BCS party with their
unblemished record but his week’s computer crunching has seen BSU slide all
the way down to #7 in the Big Boy rankings. A word of caution here: Boise is
playing its fifth game on the road in seven weeks and OUR computers tell us
that 8-0 or better road favorites are just 42-65-3 ATS against .300 or greater
opposition. Louisiana Tech, 3-1 ATS in the last four series games, is 4-1 ATS as
double-digit home dog and 6-3 ATS on weekdays. Like playing with fi re? The
Techsters supply the spark.

Mr. IWS
Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS -8.5

I had Chicago last night, but for a number of different reasons I believe Cleveland will "bounce back" and that the value in this game is on the Cavaliers:

Just like Michael Jordan, Lebron loves playing in New York and this will be his only trip to Madison Square Garden this season.

“He’ll be glowing. He’ll be ready,” said New York guard Larry Hughes, a former Cleveland teammate who keeps in touch with James. “He may not say he’s ready, but he’ll be ready to perform.”

James can become a free agent on July 1 and the Knicks have cleared enough cap space to offer him a maximum salary contract. He’s never said he wants to leave Cleveland, but he’s never ruled out coming to New York, either, so his future will be hotly debated until then - especially tonight!

On the other side of the court: In their last game, the Knicks' offense sputtered in the second half and managed just 15 points in the final 15 minutes of the game, including six straight empty possessions late in the fourth quarter as they lost 101-89 vs. the Pacers.

G Nate Robinson remains out with a sprained right ankle and C Eddy Curry remains on a team-ordered conditioning stint following a calf injury in training camp.

New York is already a poor 1-3 ATS this season when playing the roll of underdog.

Bottom line: Cleveland has been alternating good and poor efforts and I expect that trend to continue this evening; when you couple that with the rest of the above factors, the sharp money in this matchup is on the CAVALIERS! *8*

Mr. IWS
Marc Lawrence

PHOENIX SUNS +10

The Suns meet the Celtics in Beantown Friday night knowing they are 16-3 SU and 15-4 ATS in games off a loss of 20 or more points. Meanwhile, Boston is 4-9 SU and ATS in this series when Phoenix is off a loss, including 1-5 SU and ATS when the Celtics are off a win. Grab the points in this upset maker here tonight. We recommend a 3-unit play on Phoenix.

Mr. IWS
Lenny Del Genio

PHILADELPHIA 76ERS -12

We played against the Nets, who are making a case to be the NBA's worst team, Wednesday night and they no-showed as expected, losing by 29 at home to Denver. We suppose you can't really blame them as F Battie, F Yi, and PG Harris were all out. Even with those players, this was projected to be a last place team. Now you can add F Chris Douglas-Roberts (ill) to the list of the walking wounded, meaning that the new Russian billionare that bought the team may be calling Derrick Coleman and Kerry Kittles any time now (kidding). Philadelphia is off an atrocious loss to Boston, 105-74, so look for them to tee off against a division foe on the other side of the ledger. What better time to reverse a trend that has seen New Jersey cover 17 of the previous 22 meetings here in the City of Brotherly Love? The Nets are just 2-12 ATS as double-digit dogs the previous three seasons. Philadelphia is our 15* Division Game of the Week.

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Dwayne Bryant

WASHINGTON WIZARDS +1.5

I love this situation. Washington is in off a four-point home loss as two-point chalk against Miami. They shot just 37.8% in that game. The night before, the Wizards lost at Cleveland in what has been a very intense rivalry in recent years. Washington shot under 40% from the field for the second straight game after hitting 50.6% in its first three contests. It was to be expected that Washington would struggle with Miami the night after that emotional battle with arch-rival Cleveland. Washington had yesterday off to regroup and I expect a return to form in a highly motivated effort tonight. Indiana is off a 12-point upset road win at New York. They covered the spread by 16.5 points in what was their first win of the season. The Wizards will be the hungrier team tonight and they own edges in almost every statistical category, including offensive FG%, defensive FG%, 3-point % (HUGE edge here), and rebound margin. I'll take the Wizards as my Eastern Conference Game of the Week.

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Hentai Sports

Game : Denver Nuggets at Miami Heat (NBA) 07:35pm EST

Prediction : Denver Nuggets -1

Analysis : The Nuggets qualify in a solid system tonight that plays on road teams who scored 120 or more points as a road favorite of -5 or more, with 1 or more days rest between -3 to +3. These road teams are 7-1 since 1995 winning by a comfortable margin. Denver is 11-4 straight up and ats on the road in this range. Miami is 0-4 vs the Nuggets of late and will get beat here tonight. On Friday we have another big system card up. On Saturday I have the 2009 College football Game of the Year from 4 different systems,including one that is 24-1 since 1980.

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Evan Altemus

DENVER NUGGETS -1

Denver is not getting enough from the betting public this season. The Nuggets are one of the best teams in the league, yet people have not realized this. As a result, I feel there is good value in this game. Miami doesn’t have an overwhelming home court advantage either, and there should be plenty of empty seats to start this game. Denver has shown the ability to play well on the road, including two straight wins and covers on their recent road trip. The Nuggets are well rested and should have enough motivation to stay undefeated this year.

3 UNIT SELECTION DENVER.

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 03:50 PM
5* Cavs/Knicks E SP N G AM E OF T HE W EE K on New York +8.5(-105 spbook)

The Cavs are clearly overrated to start the season, sitting at 3-3 thus far. They have been favored in every game. This is an inflated line Friday night as Cleveland travels to face the Knicks. New York is 15-5 ATS (+9.5 Units) in a home game where the total is 200 to 209.5 over the last 2 seasons. The Cavs are 8-19 ATS (-12.9 Units) versus terrible teams - outscored by their opponents by 6+ points/game over the last 3 seasons. The Knicks are 29-15 ATS (+12.5 Units) versus poor pressure defensive teams - forcing <=14 turnovers/game over the last 2 seasons. The last 2 meetings were decided by 5 points, with Cleveland coming out ahead both times. We feel the Knicks say enough is enough here tonight and likely pull off the upset. The Cavs just played last night, while New York has had a day to rest so they will be the fresher team which is also an advantage. Take the Knicks and the points.

Mr. IWS
4* on Denver Nuggets +1(-106 at 5dimes)

Denver is making a statement in the early going that they are here to stay after reaching the Western Conference Semis last season. The Nuggets are 5-0 SU & 4-1 ATS this season, and they aren't going to lose to a middle-of-the-pack Eastern Conference team in Miami tonight. The Nuggets are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games following a SU win of more than 10 points. The Nuggets are 13-3 ATS in their last 16 road games. The Heat are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600. Denver is 8-0 SU & 6-2 ATS in their last 8 meetings with Miami. Take Denver and lay the points.

Mr. IWS
4* on Atlanta Hawks -2(-105 at 5dimes)

The Hawks are a team from the East that is going to make some noise before season's end. They have a complete team that can do it all, with great guard play behind Bibby and Johnson and excellent post play in Horford and Smith. The Hawks have opened the season 4-1 with big road wins over the Blazers and Kings already. Their only loss was to the defending champion Lakers in a hard-fought 8-point road loss. Charlotte doesn't have the offensive firepower to keep up with the Hawks in this one. Atlanta averages 108.0 points/game while Charlotte puts up just 79.8 points/game this year. Take Atlanta and lay the points.

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 03:57 PM
GoodFella

PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS -3

We got a nice winner going against the Spurs last night, as the Jazz were VERY motivated for a win, and we got a MAXIMUM effort out of them just like I thought we would, and they cruised to a easy win. I expect the exact same kind of MAXIMUM effort out of the Blazers tonight, as Portland REALLY NEEDS this HOME WIN tonight. Portland has already lost TWO home games & they have had three days off to prepare for the Spurs, who are playing in a back 2 back spot tonight, and they have not faired very well in this spot the last couple years. The Rose Garden will be VERY LOUD and pumped for this game on ESPN tonight & I look for a HUGE game out of Roy and company tonight, as they should control the glass vs a smaller Spurs team, and I fully expect Portland's BEST effort of the season in this spot tonight! Take the Blazers.

Mr. IWS
3* on New Jersey Nets +12.5(-115 at sia)

The 76ers should not be favored by double-digits against any team in the league. Yes, the Nets have played poorly to start the season, but they are not 12 points worse than Philadelphia tonight. Philly is giving up 109.5 points/game through 4 games this year. Those aren't the kind of numbers that justify Philly being a 12-point favorite Friday. New Jersey is 4-0 SU & 4-0 ATS in their last 4 meetings with the 76ers. The underdog is 13-3 ATS in the last 16 meetings, and the road team is 7-2 ATS in the last 9 meetings. Take the Nets and the points

Mr. IWS
3* on Washington Wizards +1.5(-105 at spbook)

Off back-to-back heartbreaking losses, we look for Washington to bounce back tonight in Indiana as they take on the 1-3 Indiana Pacers. The Pacers are battling some serious injuries right now and they are far from full strength. Jeff Foster and Mike Dunleavy are out tonight, and Troy Murphy is doubtful with a back injury. The Pacers are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games as a home underdog. The Wizards are 11-2 ATS (+8.8 Units) in road games after a division game over the last 3 seasons. Washington is the more talented team here tonight, especially with the injuries the Pacers are facing. Take the Wizards and the points.

Mr. IWS
Wunderdog

Game: Vancouver at Dallas (7:35 PM Eastern)
Pick: Dallas -150 (moneyline)

Dallas has just three true losses in their first 15 games and sit at 6-3-6 for the season. Vancouver is not playing on the road as they did a year ago, coming into this one at just 3-5. That road mark is something the Stars have made quick work of as they have been 74-32-7 when they face a team with a road record of .400 or worse over their last 113! Dallas has never been a place for the Canucks to get healthy either as they are just 4-9 in their last 13 visits in Big D. This has also been a favorite-laden series with the favorite claiming the cash in each of their last four. There are a lot of indicators pointing to a Dallas win here, and a long term trend of nearly 70% is much better than the price offered here. Dallas gets the call.

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Sebastian / Seabass

NCAAF: 20* under boise 51 (small)

Steam: Charlotte Bob cats

NBA: 50* Minnesota
50* Portland

NHL: 50* Dallas

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Dave M@linsky 11/6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHARLOTTE BOBCATS(+2) over Atlanta Hawks
4* #502 CHARLOTTE over ATLANTA

The NBA schedule maker threw an early haymaker at the Atlanta Hawks, and we believe this is the spot in which they go woozy on the ropes and have to take a standing eight count. The Hawks had to take a rare early-season Western swing this week, and it was not set up well on either end. After a home win over Washington on Friday night there was little down time before facing the Lakers in L.A. on Sunday, the start of a ?3 in 4? cycle. But instead of the usual extra day off when traveling from West to East, and also the usual assignment of a home game on the return, they are instead forced to play on the road again, something that is most rare in this league. It means tired legs and a difficult time putting a game plan together, and there is also the distraction of a home showdown vs. Denver tomorrow night. That makes this a true danger zone for Mike Woodson and his team, and it is exacerbated by being in against an opponent that can be a trap in this setting, especially with Larry Brown having three full days to put a game plan together. As always, anything about Charlotte starts with Brown. Although the pieces on the court are not dynamic the Bobcats are playing superb fundamental basketball ? despite road games at Boston and Cleveland representing half of their schedule so far, they show up #2 on our best defensive charts through the first week of play; #2 in rebounding; and they have attempted 116 free throws, while only allowing their opponents to get to the line 69 times. And most of this has been working short-handed. Brown finally got Raja Bell back on the court in Monday?s win over New Jersey, and with Flip Murray ready to go tonight it means all hands on deck for the first time. That brings an energy that the Hawks will find difficult to match, and tactic preparation that will lead to major frustrations for the visitors.

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 04:06 PM
GoodFella

PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS -3

We got a nice winner going against the Spurs last night, as the Jazz were VERY motivated for a win, and we got a MAXIMUM effort out of them just like I thought we would, and they cruised to a easy win. I expect the exact same kind of MAXIMUM effort out of the Blazers tonight, as Portland REALLY NEEDS this HOME WIN tonight. Portland has already lost TWO home games & they have had three days off to prepare for the Spurs, who are playing in a back 2 back spot tonight, and they have not faired very well in this spot the last couple years. The Rose Garden will be VERY LOUD and pumped for this game on ESPN tonight & I look for a HUGE game out of Roy and company tonight, as they should control the glass vs a smaller Spurs team, and I fully expect Portland's BEST effort of the season in this spot tonight! Take the Blazers.

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Randall the Handle 11/6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toronto +1.09 over CAROLINA (REG) 5dimes
The Canes are eventually going to win a game but it’s not likely to happen here. You see, without Eric Staal the Hurricanes chances of winning decrease dramatically because he’s their best player and it’s not close. His loss is worse to the Canes than OV’s is to Washington. The Canes lose a great player while the Leafs got one back last game in Phil Kessel. The Leafs record looks pathetic on paper and it is but Toronto deserves a whole lot better than what they’ve earned thus far. They’re playing hard, they’re usually outplaying the opposition by a decent margin and they’re finally starting to get a little consistency in net. Despite just one win on the year, the Leafs have picked up points in five straight games and four of those were on the road. So, for those of you that think the Leafs are bottom feeders and will remain there, think again, as they’re on the verge of something good and their hard work, determination and very underrated talent is going to start paying dividends. The Leafs recently went into Buffalo, Dallas, Anaheim and Vancouver and out-played and outskated all four of those teams and this is without question its easiest assignment of the year. Any tag against the Canes is worthy of a wager and this one is no exception. Play: Toronto +1.09 (Risking 2 units).

BUFFALO -½ +1.14 over Philadelphia Pinnacle
The Flyers are coming off two routs over Carolina and Tampa Bay in which they cruised to 6-1 and 6-2 victories. That’s nice, it really is but the Flyers are overvalued because frankly, they’re very beatable. In fact, in that 6-1 win over Carolina they ran into a shaky goaltender but were outshot 40-28. They Bolts pulled a complete no-show the next game and Mike Smith was brutal as well. Thing is, the Flyers are not going to run into bad goaltending when they take a huge step up in class in facing Ryan Miller and the Sabres. Buffalo is 9-2-1-0 and it’s no fluke. They’re tough as shoe leather and its defense is amongst the best in the business in terms of creating offense and preventing it. When the defense gets beat Miller will almost always bail them out and in order to beat the Sabres in Buffalo you pretty much have to be near flawless. Philly is just 5-5 over its last 10 games and have lost to every good team they’ve played over that stretch and you can add the Sabres to that group when this one is in the books. Play: Buffalo -½ +1.14 (Risking 2 units).

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Wunderdog

Game: Vancouver at Dallas (7:35 PM Eastern)
Pick: Dallas -150 (moneyline)

Dallas has just three true losses in their first 15 games and sit at 6-3-6 for the season. Vancouver is not playing on the road as they did a year ago, coming into this one at just 3-5. That road mark is something the Stars have made quick work of as they have been 74-32-7 when they face a team with a road record of .400 or worse over their last 113! Dallas has never been a place for the Canucks to get healthy either as they are just 4-9 in their last 13 visits in Big D. This has also been a favorite-laden series with the favorite claiming the cash in each of their last four. There are a lot of indicators pointing to a Dallas win here, and a long term trend of nearly 70% is much better than the price offered here. Dallas gets the call.

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 04:29 PM
a.t.s. 4 unit la tech

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Lenny Del Genio's 15* Division Game of the Week is on Philadelphia - 12 hosting New Jersey.

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Chris Jordan Saturday's winner ...
1,000? UNLV REBELS - I plan on having your complete breakdown on this Game of the Year winner by 8 p.m. eastern on Friday night. It will likely be earlier, so be sure to check back at the site throughout the day.

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Ron Raymond

5* Hawks/Bobcats Over

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Tony George

MINNESOTA T'WOLVES -2.5

Like the T Wolves here, especially in the frontcourt where they have contested the rim all season, and have only been out rebounded 1 time all year. Not sold on the Bucks young lineup and although Jennings is going to be special, not sure the consistent scoring across the board for Minny can be ignored. Bucks have lost both road games to date. Minny battle tested and came within 2 points of beating mighty Boston in here.

Play 1 Unit on Minnesota

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Northcoast Powersweep
marq - under 51

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Ron Raymond

Hawks/Bobcats OVER 178.5

My number has this total landing on 188.20. (5*) Take the Over.

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Greg Shaker

Grizzlies/Lakers OVER 208

Know that the Lakers have demonstrated good D here at home for the last few years but with a couple of tough games on the road they are likely to enjoy this one against a lessor foe. Memphis is going to push the action because that is what they do and with young legs in and out of the lineup they are likely to do this for 60 minutes. Gasol's absense is going to help. This team can't even spell DEFENSE though and Kobe might have his biggest nite of the year. I have a 215 handicapped game here.

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 05:49 PM
stan sharp

Analysis: Stan is Betting CHARLOTTE. Stan says that ATLANTA is in the final game of a 4game road trip and has a Big Game on Saturday against Denver. This is a great spot for Charlotte to catch Atlanta looking ahead. Charlotte wins this by 5-7 points. TAKE CHARLOTTE as STAN'S NBA GAME OF THE WEEK and make them a DOUBLE DIME PLAY.

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Frank Patron
november 6 2009
frank patron 20000 unit college football lock
frank patron
20000 unit college football lock
over 51 points boise state at la. Tech

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Andre Gomes
NBA 1.0 Los Angeles Clippers +4.5 (-110)
1.0 Oklahoma City Thunder +6.5 (-110)
1.0 Cleveland Cavaliers -8 (-110)
1.0 Denver Nuggets 0 (-110)
1.0 Phoenix Suns / Boston Celtics Over 207.0 (-110)
1.0 Washington Wizards +2 (-110)
1.0 Atlanta Hawks -2 (-110)

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 06:39 PM
NSA

NBA 10.0 San Antonio Spurs +4.5 (-110)
Nov. 6th, 2009 - 8:00 pm CFB 20.0 Boise State Broncos / Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Under 51.5 (-110)
Nov. 6th, 2009 - 8:00 pm CFB 20.0 Boise State Broncos -20.5 (-110)
Nov. 6th, 2009 - 7:35 pm NBA 10.0 Miami Heat 0 (-110)
Nov. 6th, 2009 - 7:35 pm NBA 20.0 Phoenix Suns / Boston Celtics Under 207.0 (-110)
Nov. 6th, 2009 - 7:05 pm NBA 10.0 Atlanta Hawks -2 (-110

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 06:48 PM
MATT FARGO

5.0 Toronto Raptors +4.5 (-110)
5.0 Louisiana Tech Bulldogs +20.5 (-110)
4.0 Charlotte Bobcats +2 (-110)

Mr. IWS
11-06-2009, 06:56 PM
JB SPORTS
3* Phoenix Suns