PDA

View Full Version : Stephan Bonner vs Soszynski @ 100

Mr. IWS
11-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Should be a good scrap.

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/St ... C-110.html (http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Stephan-Bonnar-vs-Krzysztof-Soszynski-expected-for-UFC-110.html)
Light-heavyweights Stephan Bonnar and Krzysztof Soszynski have verbally agreed to face each other at UFC 110 in February. News of the bout was first reported by MMAWeekly.com.
Bonnar (11-6) is coming off of a disappointing loss to Mark Coleman at UFC 100 in July. The loss was his second straight, as he previously lost to rising contender Jon Jones at UFC 94 in January.
TUF 1 light-heavyweight runner-up has put together an even 5-5 record in 10 fights with the UFC, scoring notable Octagon wins over the likes of James Irvin, Keith Jardine and Eric Schafer; while suffering notable UFC losses to Rashad Evans and Forrest Griffin (x2). He has finished nine of his 11 career wins, including seven coming by submission.
Soszynski (18-9-1) was handed his first UFC loss in his last bout, when he was defeated by Brandon Vera at UFC 102 in August. Prior to the loss, he had won six straight fights, including wins in his first three fights in the UFC over Shane Primm, Brian Stann and Andre Gusmao. Two of his three Octagon wins have earned him "submission of the night" honors.
Soszynski has fought for other notable promotions during his six year-career, such as TKO, IFL, Strikeforce, and HDNET fights. He has scored stoppage wins in all but one of his 18 career victories and holds notable career wins over the likes of Icho Larenas, Devin Cole and Alex Andrade.
UFC 110 event is expected to take place on Feb. 21 at the Acer Arena in Sydney, Australia. The event is rumored to be headlined by a middleweight bout between Yoshihiro Akiyama and Wanderlei Silva. In addition, heavyweight sluggers Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic and Ben Rothwell are also slated to meet at the event.

SPX
11-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Damn, Bonnar really needs a gimme fight right now and this isn't one. I expect Krzystof to open as the favorite and I'll have some money on him at -150 or better.

zY|
11-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Damn, Bonnar really needs a gimme fight right now and this isn't one. I expect Krzystof to open as the favorite and I'll have some money on him at -150 or better.

Yeah totally not a gimme fight. I can see Krystoff pulling out a decision pretty easily.

cward81386
11-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Well first off, this is my first post here so I'd like to say Hi but anyways I believe Bonnar's bjj will be on another level than Mr. kimura. I like Krystoff but I see Bonnar controling the fight and possibly geting a sub.

SPX
11-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Well first off, this is my first post here so I'd like to say Hi but anyways I believe Bonnar's bjj will be on another level than Mr. kimura. I like Krystoff but I see Bonnar controling the fight and possibly geting a sub.

Hi and welcome to the forum! Always looking for new blood to liven up our MMA section.

Bonnar may technically have better ground skills than Krzystof, but I'm really not sure that it's going to matter in this fight. On the feet, I think Krzystof probably has an edge in terms of skill, and he definitely has an edge in terms of power.

Mr. IWS
11-10-2009, 05:49 PM

Glad to have ya man.

cward81386
11-11-2009, 05:34 AM
I don't know... Krzystoff showed in his last fight, he loses confidence every time he is hit hard. I know Bonnars striking isn't even close to Vera's level, but I'm pretty sure he'll have that reach advantage and with a lot of leg kicks krzystoff might get broke again.

I'm just not sold on kyzstoff being at the level of the adverage UFC 205er

SPX
11-11-2009, 11:35 AM
I don't know... Krzystoff showed in his last fight, he loses confidence every time he is hit hard. I know Bonnars striking isn't even close to Vera's level, but I'm pretty sure he'll have that reach advantage and with a lot of leg kicks krzystoff might get broke again.

I'm just not sold on kyzstoff being at the level of the adverage UFC 205er

Would you still say Bonnar is even at the "average" level for a UFC LHW? I'm not sure that I would. That's not to say that he's a BAD fighter, but he seems to be struggling to keep up with the current talent crop.

Mr. IWS
11-11-2009, 11:44 AM
he seems to be struggling to keep up with the current talent crop.

My thoughts as well.