PDA

View Full Version : 11-14-09

Mr. IWS
11-13-2009, 08:46 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

::handshake::

Mr. IWS
11-13-2009, 08:49 AM
Dr Bob

Rotation #107 Bowling Green (-4) 2-Stars at -4 or less, 3-Stars at -3.
Bowling Green started at 3 pm Pacific and was the first game released on the release page at 2:45 pm. Rotation #116 Cincinnati (-9) 3-Stars at -10 or less, 2-Stars up to -13 1/2.
Rotation #120 Illinois (-4) 2-Stars at -6 or less, 3-Stars at -3 or less.
Rotation #149 Nebraska (-3 1/2) 3-Stars at -4 or less, 2-Stars up to -6 1/2.
Rotation #176 Nevada (-7) 2-Stars at -7 or less.
Rotation #182 Oregon State (-12) 3-Stars at -13 1/2 or less, 2-Stars at -14.
Rotation #192 Oklahoma State (-4) 2-Stars at -5 or less, 3-Stars at -3.
Rotation #214 Middle Tennessee St (-12 1/2) 3-Stars at -14 or less, 2-Stars up to -15.

Mr. IWS
11-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Burns GOY- USC

Mr. IWS
11-14-2009, 07:02 AM
Brandon Lang

------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday's Selections ...
NOTE: Nice to see Temple battle back, and get me the win. Now with the winning Friday out of the way we can attack this Saturday card.

Feeling good about the possiblity of putting up a 2nd straight 3-0 sweep on Saturday and picking up +50 dimes again while I'm at it.

Nothing wrong with an 11-2 football run since last Saturday including 4 straight in the NFL but still a lot of work to go here. Just looking to continue to keep building this thing in a positive direction here in November.

I am just looking to close out 2009 with winning weeks. Did that last week, and off the winning Friday, I am in good position with a solid Saturday to make it 2 in a row.

Now let's get to your Saturday analysis.

30 DIME - DUKE BLUE DEVILS - Tough spot for Georgia Tech today.

Off their OT win at home last week versus Wake Forest, they now travel to Duke to take on the #1 pass offense in the ACC.

Folks, this is a Georgia Tech team playing for an 11th straight week. That is almost unheard of in college football.

Last week I watched Riley Skinner of Wake Forest throw for almost 300 yards on this Tech defense and if you really examine the Yellow Jackets on the road, they can be had.

Miami/Florida put up over 400 yards total offense, Mississippi State put up close to 500 yards, Florida State put up 539 yards and even Vanderbilt put up close to 400 yards.

I am aware a win puts Georgia Tech in the ACC championship game but it's not like Duke is going to just lay down for Georgia Tech. They will come to play.

If Duke can pass for 359 yards at home against the 8th best pass defense in the country Virginia Tech, your telling me they won't be able to execute against 68th?

The bottom line is Duke will never be out of this game with their passing attack and if they can force a few turnovers, they just might pull off another shocker, just as they did for me as a 16 1/2 point dog at NC State.

You remember that game right? Duke won outright by 3 touchdowns 49-28.

Duke gets the cover today.

15 DIME - AUBURN TIGERS - Who is Georgia to be laying points to anybody right now? Why, because they just beat Tennessee Tech 38-0.

This is a Bulldog team that has covered just 2 games this entire year against Arkansas and Vandy both on the road.

At home they are 0-3 ATS struggling to beat Arizona State by 3 as a 17 1/2 point favorite, South Carolina by 4 as a 6 1/2 point favorite and lost to LSU as a 3 1/2 point favorite.

I don't trust this Mark Richt Georgia team as far as I can throw them, and it wouldn't suprise me if Auburn came in here and won the game outright.

The Tigers have a huge edge on offense ranked 12th in the country, and the #1 offense in the SEC. How about those apples, while Georgia comes in ranked 88th. I will gladly take this generous amount of points with a better offense and a comparable defense.

Georgia has the 36th overall defense giving up 5.08 yards per play and 337 yards average a game versus Auburn's 5.10 yards per play. The Georgia defense isn't that much better than Auburn.

Auburn started off the year a perfect 5-0 SU and ATS when they traveled to Arkansas for an early game and the linemaker installed them as a 2 point road favorite. They got blown out.

Off that loss they fell flat at home to Kentucky and then the next week at Lsu they fell flat again.

However, they have since righted their ship with a dominating home win over Ole Miss and after their scrimmage last week versus Furman 63-31, they are ready to roll here.

The Auburn Tigers slump is over. They are ready to make another surge and I believe they will do just that here with a possible outright win.

5 DIME, 3-TEAM TEASER
OREGON, UL MONROE, KANSAS STATE
Let's start with the Ducks. This is going to be a bloodbath all day long.

The Ducks have won the last 4 in this series, and all four have been by double digits. The only thing stopping me from laying the whole ball of wax is trying to gage the emotional state of this Oregon team after last weeks loss to Stanford.

Arizona State played their heart out versus USC at home but they are walking into a hornets nest here against this Ducks team that has been lethal at home in Pac-10 play.

They beat Cal 42-3, Washington State 52-6 and Usc 47-20.

The bottom line is you start beating the USC Trojans of the world by 27 at home, and put up close to 50 doing it, I will gladly tease you down to under 10 points and take my chances.

Now UL- Monroe gets the worst team in the league at home off their 27 point win on the road against North Texas.

Simple thought would lead you to believe if you can beat a better North Texas team at their place by 27, you can handle the worst team in your conference at home by the same amount. I couldn't agree more.

However, when you are a team not used to laying 21 points against anybody, I've seen crazy things happen you can't explain. So therefore I am protecting myself a bit from those crazy things.

Over the last 4 years this LA Monroe team is 12-1 ATS their last 4 games of the year. So as you can see, this team plays very well late.

Feel much better laying less than 12 with this LA Monroe team.

As for Kansas State, they were very good to me last week in beating Kansas but with this line moving all over the place, I will move Kansas State up to getting double digits at home.

This line opened up Kansas State -2 and has moved to Missouri -1 as of Friday night. I have checked injuries, and no major ones are being reported.

A line move of this magnitude always makes me leary of somebody somewhere knowing something somebody else doesn't.

Regardless of the line move, I am jacking up Kansas State to +11 and rolling the dice with head coach Snyder, who has won 13 in a row versus Missouri.

FREE SELECTION - TEXAS TECH RED RAIDERS

Mr. IWS
11-14-2009, 07:24 AM
Ben Burns

Game: Stanford at USC Nov 14 2009 3:30PM
Prediction: USC
Reason: I'm laying the points with USC. This selection has several similarities to a basketball selection that I made last Saturday. Like the Trojans are this afternoon, the team which I was betting on (Dallas) was laying points at home. The Mavericks entered that game (vs. Toronto on 11/7) having recently been defeated by the Hornets. On the other hand, the Raptors entered that game having just blown out those very same Hornets. I began that writeup by saying: "If the Hornets beat the Mavericks and the Raptors beat the Hornets, then shouldn't the Raptors be able to beat the Mavs? Not necessarily. In fact, that type of logic doesn't hold much weight when it comes to handicapping NBA games. Situations and matchups are entirely different for each individual game. In tonight's case, I believe those matchups will favor the Mavs. Laying -7.5 or -8 points, Dallas would go on to win that game by a score of 129-101. The Mavs had a season high in points and their 62.4% shooting percentage was the highest by a Raptor opponent in more than six years. The situation sets up similarly as the Trojans recently lost badly to the Oregon Ducks while the Cardinal just thumped those very same Ducks. Many of the betting public are likely going to be thinking. "Well, if Stanford can beat Oregon and Oregon can beat USC..." As we saw in the above basketball example (and numerous examples on the gridiron every week) that type of logic doesn't always work out too well. Many of you know that I had a big play on Stanford last week, so I certainly respect the Cardinal. Give them credit for playing a great game. However, that situation set up very nicely for them. The Cardinal, who were coming off a bye and in a big "revenge spot," were playing at home and they caught Oregon coming off a huge win, in a "letdown" spot. The shoe is on the other foot this time though. This time, its the Cardinal playing on the road and in a potential letdown spot, having just cracked the Top 25 for the first time since 2001. Should Stanford lack the intensity it brought to last week's game, the Trojans aren't likely to show any mercy. They certainly won't take the Cardinal for granted. Not only did the Trojans see what Stanford just did to Oregon but Pete Carroll will make sure they ware well aware that Stanford beat them here two seasons ago - one of the bigger upsets in college football history. I already said that I respect the Cardinal. They've got a very good quarterback and they're having a strong season. The offense is off a very impressive outing. Still, the defense played poorly (note that Clinton Snyder, the team's leading tackler was recently lost for the season) giving up 570 yards and 42 points and the Trojans bring an entirely different type of athlete to the table. Even in a "down year," they're fully loaded with talent. They know that they'll start to look a whole lot better if they can blow out the Cardinal, the team which just handed "mighty" Oregon its first Pac-10 loss. The Cardinal don't have much speed on defense and I expect that to prove to be their downfall as the game progresses. Last week's results (Stanford's big win and the fact that USC won but didn't cover at ASU) and the fact that everyone still remembers Stanford's big win here have helped to keep this line relatively low. Keep in mind that the Trojans were laying -23.5 points at Stanford last season (they won by 22) and that they were laying a whopping -39 points when the teams played here in 2007. Looking back further and we find that the Trojans were laying a minimum of -19.5 points in each of the last seven meetings. They won six of those games with five of the victories coming by greater than three touchdowns. Despite failing to cover last week, the Trojans are still 5-3 ATS (8-0 SU) in November the past few seasons. Looking back further and we find them at 14-6 ATS and 20-0 SU their last 20 games played in November. Clearly, this is a team that has enjoyed success at this time of the year. While last week's win may not have been impressive to many, I like the fact that USC bounced back with a win and that the Trojans did it with defense. I believe that its the type of win they can build momentum from. The Cardinal did the Trojans a huge favor last week as USC now has a shot at the Pac-10 title again. As Pete Carroll reminded the media after last week's win: "You guys have amnesia. Every year it ain't over till it's over. It's a hard conference. It ain't over yet." I believe the line is generously low and I expect the Trojans to build off last week's victory by delivering a convincing double-digit victory. *10 GOY

Mr. IWS
11-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Scott Spreitzer

(167) ARIZONA STATE (+18.5, ov50.0)
(168) OREGON (-18.5, un50.0)
Saturday, Nov 14 2009, 07:20 PM PST
Take " (168) OREGON "
I'm laying the points with the Oregon Ducks on Saturday night. I went against the Ducks and cashed with Stanford for my Shocker GOY on these pages last week. The Ducks were not only in a tough spot off the win over USC, but they were playing on the road against a quality opponent. The Ducks are now looking at a Rose Bowl berth, but can't let-up for a second if they wish for the trip to Pasadena to come to fruition. By all indications, including interviews with the coaching staff, the Oregon players are looking forward to getting back on the field...and they have re-instated RB LeGarrette Blount. He may not make a big impact on the field, after all, he's practicing as the team's fifth string RB. But it does put a close to the situation, and QB Jeremiah Masoli has said it's a huge relief for the team. LeMichael James has been outstanding in place of Blount, topping 1,000-yards on the season. The offense put 42 points on the board in last week's loss. They actually out-gained Stanford, 570-505. Masoli was unstoppable, throwing for 334-yards with 3 touchdowns and no interceptions. And the team ran for 6.9-yards per carry. The problems were on defense. Oregon, like most of Stanford's opponents, couldn't slow RB Toby Gerhart. But the Ducks get "just what the doctor ordered," this week. Arizona State is a down football team. The offense has not looked too hot all season, and starting QB Danny Sullivan was benched last week during the USC game. HC Dennis Erickson hasn't named this week's starter, but it doesn't matter to me. Sullivan is mediocre, and possible starter Brock Osweiler is a true freshman, who would be making his first collegiate start in Eugene, Oregon. Talk about a tough place for a debut! The freshman isn't ready for prime time. He's 19-45, 42% this season, getting sacked once every nine pass attempts. The offense has been stuck in neutral for most of the season. After beating out-manned Idaho State and UL-Monroe, ASU has averaged just 18.43 ppg in their last seven contests, going 2-5 SU. The Sun Devil defense has kept them in games, not to mention mediocre opposition like Washington and Washington State. But ASU couldn't even move the ball against a noticeably "hungover" USC team last week, in what was practically a must-win situation for the Sun Devils. ASU has now lost three in a row, gaining just 322-yards per game, including just 97.3-yards rushing per game. They have completed just 48% of their last 110 passes, with as many INTs, (five), as TD passes. A badly struggling offense and a worn out defense is just what the Ducks need to get right back on track. Oregon has been outstanding on offense since the loss to Boise State. They're averaging 5 1/2 yards per carry and over 36 ppg on the season. When Erickson left Idaho for the desert, he told his Vandal players that he wanted one more chance to win a national championship before retiring. Let's just say he has a long way to go. ASU is 0-13 SU, 4-9 ATS as an underdog over the last three seasons. They're 3-12 SU, 5-10 ATS against winning teams. And, the Sun Devils, with Erickson at the helm, are 0-9 ATS in road games after playing a defensive, low scoring game that finished Under the total. Oregon is averaging almost 500-yards per game in conference action with an average final score of 42-18, which is also their average final score in their four straight wins over Arizona State. I expect more of the same Duck Domination on Saturday night. I'm laying the points with Oregon, my Bailout Blowout GOY. Thanks! GL! Scott

Mr. IWS
11-14-2009, 10:04 AM
WAYNE ROOT

2009 Football Upset Club

Saturday, November 14, 2009

4*USC (-10½) over Stanford (Millionaire Play)
3:30 PM -- Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum

6*North Carolina (+3) over MiamiFlorida (Billionaire Play)
3:30 PM -- Kenan Stadium

Mr. IWS
11-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Larry ness

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REASON FOR PICK: Two 4-5 teams meet on Saturday night in San Diego when the Wyoming Cowboys visit the San Diego St Aztecs. Believe it or not, both schools still have a chance at going to a bowl. THE MWC has five bowl tie-ins and with TCU favored to get a BCS bowl bid, the Cowboys or Aztecs (if either one can get to six wins), will get a bid, as CSU and Mew Mexico have already been eliminated from bowl consideration. Both schools understand the importance of this game and I STRONGLY favor the home team. Wyoming opened with a 29-22 win over Weber St, then lost 41-10 at home to Texas and 24-0 at Colorado. The Cowboys rebounded to win three in a row after that with freshman QB Carta-Samuels averaging 229.7 YPG with six TDs and just one INT. However, the Cowboys have lost three straight games entering this contest, losing 10-0 at Air Force, 22-10 at Utah and 52-0 at home to BYU. Carta-Samuels has averaged only 101.0 YPG in the three losses, failing to throw a TD in 84 attempts with two INTs. It's clearly not just his fault, as the OL has allowed 14 sacks and paved the way for just 87.7 YPG on the ground (2.9 YPC). Moving to SDSU, let's ignore the team's 55-12 loss to TCU last Saturday (it's irrelevant). SDSU had won THREE of its previous four games (loss was 38-28 to BYU). QB Lindley is fighting shoulder problems but prior to the TCU game, he had averaged 336.7 YPG with 12 TDs and just one INT in that stretch. SDSU has an awful rushing attack (69.3 YPG / 2.6 YPC) which ranks 118th but RB Sullivan has run for 81 and 75 yards the last two weeks (Wyoming allows 151.9 YPG on the ground). Lindley lost his best WR Vincent Brown a few games back but Sampson caught 15 passes for 257 yards (three TDs) in the game Brown got hurt and has 33 catches and eight TDs in his last four games. Lindley faces a Wyoming defense which allows 238.7 YPG through the air and 63.7 percent completions. SDSU head coach Brady Hoke had back-to-back outstanding season at his alma mater Ball St in 2007 and 2008, before taking this job. He made a terrific hire by making Rocky Long as his DC (stepped away at New Mexico last year after 11 seasons and five bowl trips from 2002-07). The Aztecs are the only Mountain West Conference program not to go to a bowl game and this is SDSU's home finale. A win here, means a win at UNLV on Nov 28th (can't expect to win at Utah on Nov 21) and the Aztecs almost assuredly will go to their first bowl since 1998. In their way are the Cowboys, who have been held to 13 points or less SIX times (nine games) in 2009, including three shutouts. Wyoming has averaged just 200.3 YPG in its last three games, while scoring a total of just 10 points (3.3 per game). SDSU is 7-3 ATS over its last 10 home finales and the home team is 15-4 SU in this series since 1989 with SDSU winning the last SIX meetings SU and ATS vs Wyoming here at Qualcomm Stadium.

MWC Crusher on San Diego St (10*).

REASON FOR PICK: The 76ers went 41-41 last season under Maurice Cheeks and then, Tony DiLeo. They were hoping this year that Eddie Jordan, who spent five-plus years with the Wizards before getting fired early last season, would be able to "put some life" in a Philly offense which ranked 22nd in the NBA last season (97.4 PPG). Early returns have not been good, as the 76ers are averaging just 98.3 PPG in Jordan's faster-paced offense. Philly is averaging only 89.8 PPG over the last six games, going 2-4 in that stretch with BOTH wins coming over the pathetic 0-9 Nets (76ers are 0-6 ATS in their current slide). Things got pretty 'ugly' last night in Philadelphia, as the 76ers lost 112-90 to the Jazz (trailed by as many as 26), who were playing without starting PG Deron Williams. Brand, who the 76ers expected to be a 20-10 guy when they signed him away from the Clippers, is averaging just 9.7-5.2 and it's looking more and more like he's NEVER going to fit in. Philly now must go to Chicago, which hasn't played since Wednesday, when the Bulls went 'ice cold' in the second half against the Raptors. Chicago scored 60 first-half points at Toronto, but shot 10-of-40 from the floor in the second half and scored just 29 points in a 99-89 loss. That came one night after falling 90-89 to Denver after Brad Miller's apparent game-winning jumper at the buzzer was overturned following a 10-minute replay review. This is an important game for the Bulls, as it's their final home game before a six-game trip while the circus takes over the United Center. They do not return to Chicago until December 2. The Bulls miss Thomas but watch out for USC rookie Gibson, who has averaged 14.0 PPG and 5.5 RPG the last two games. Deng (17.4-9.2) is healthy up front and PG Rose (13.8-5.6 APG) could have a big game for the Bulls. This has blowout written all over it.

Weekend Wipeout Winner on the Chi Bulls (7.5*).

REASON FOR PICK: I wrote this in taking KSU last week against Kansas.

"Bill Snyder has a chance to make his return to Manhattan something special if he can get his Wildcats to win Saturday against in-state rival Kansas. Snyder became a legend when he took over what was CFB's worst Division I-A program back in 1989. The Wildcats were off back-to-back seasons of 0-21-1 in '87 and '88 and while Snyder's first team went 1-10, he turned the Wildcats into one of the nation's most successful programs by 1993. KSU went to 11 straight bowl games (from 1993-2003), as Snyder's Wildcats beat their in-state rivals (Kansas) all 11 years (covering 10 times!). Snyder's KSU teams fell to 4-7 in 2004 and 5-6 in 2005 and he felt it was time to go (no one was complaining in Manhattan). However, Ron Prince's three-year tenure at KSU resulted in seasons of 7-6 (lost 37-10 to Rutgers in the Texas Bowl), 5-7 and 5-7. Kansas won and covered all three meetings with KSU during "the Prince era" and Snyder was welcomed back." I then concluded by writing, "The Jayhawks look like dead men walking and I can't for the life of me figure out why they are favored here in Manhattan. KSU is 4-0 SU at home in 2009 and ups that record to 5-0 here.

Rivalry Game of the Month 20* Kansas St."

The Wildcats came through with a 17-10 win and are bowl eligible at 6-4. More importantly, Snyder's team controls its own destiny, leading the Big 12 North with a 4-2 mark. Missouri surprised everyone this year opening 4-0. QB Chase Daniel was gone after posting a 100-39 TD-to-INT ratio and over 12,00 passing yards the last three years, leading the Tigers to bowl wins and a 22-6 combined record the last two seasons. Sophomore Gabbert was taking over at QB in '09 (just 13 attempts LY) but Missouri opened 4-0 while averaging 36.8 PPG (Gabbert threw 11 TDs without an INT in that start). However, "the season came apart" on a Thursday night (10/8) in Columbia, when the Tigers IMPLODED against Nebraska. Leading 12-0 in the 4th quarter, the Tigers allowed 20 points in less than five minutes (Gabbert threw INTs on consecutive possessions to set up scores), eventually losing 27-12. That began a slide which has seen Missouri go 1-4 (all in Big 12 play), winning only vs the sad-sack Buffs of Colorado. The Wildcats opened 1-2 in 2009 (lone win was a 21-17 home win over U Mass!) but they've gone 5-2 since. Snyder reluctantly went with a two-QB system (Coffman and Gregory) but Gregory has started the last six games, taking EVERY snap the last three. The running game is excellent averaging 190.7 YPG (4.4 YPC / 22 TDS), as Thomas leads the way with 1,087 yards (5.3 YPC / 11 TDs) after rushing for a career-high 185 (7.7 YPC) last week. KSU is 5-0 SU at home, including 3-0 SU and ATS in Big 12 games. Like Kansas, Missouri went 3-0 vs KSU in the "Prince era," but note that Snyder ended his first run at KSU by winning his last 13 games against Missouri, including a 36-28 home win over the Tigers in the 2005 finale, which was his "good-bye" game. Snyder's back and this is KSU's home finale of 2009 (team was 10-1 SU in home finales in Snyder's 11-year bowl run from 1993-30003) and what team does he get here? Good old Missouri, a school he's 'OWNED!' Again, the oddsmakers and I guess the public as well, are vastly underrating these Wildcats.

Las Vegas Insider on Kansas State (8*).

REASON FOR PICK: Boise St understandably gets all the 'ink' in the WAC but Nevada actually leads the conference at 5-0 (Boise's 4-0) and Fresno St is right behind both schools with a 5-1 league mark. The Wolf Pack have won six straight games after opening 0-3, which represents the school's longest winning streak in 14 years. As for the Bulldogs, their season has followed a similar path to Nevada's. FSU beat UC-Davis 51-0 in its season opener but then lost 34-31 in OT at Wisconsin, 51-24 at home to Boise St and 28-20 at Cincy. FSU has since won five straight (all in WAC play), outscoring conference opponents 35.8-to-17.8 PPG. RB Ryan Mathews of FSU leads the nation in rushing (162.1 YPG), averaging 7.1 YPC with 14 TDs . However, while FSU ranks fifth in the nation in rushing (250.9 YPG / 5.8 YPC), that's still almost 70 yards less than Nevada averages (more on that in just a little bit). QB Colburn is fairly mediocre, completing a solid 62.6 percent but averaging just 178.4 YPG with a 13-9 ratio. Now to Nevada. Let's just concentrate on the team's six-game winning streak because who cares what happened in the team's 0-3 start? FSU has won its last five games by an average margin of 18 PPG but Nevada has outscored its last six opponents on average, 49.7 PPG to 24.5, which is a margin of just over 25 PPG! The Wolf Pack have averaged a mind-boggling 421.7 YPG on the ground in their winning streak (8.1 YPC). Just look at this backfield. QB Kaepernick has averaged 133.0 YPG on the ground (9.9 YPC) while completing 62.2% of his throws for 174.5 YPG (12 TDs and just one INT). RB Taua has played in five of the six games, averaging 134.2 YPG on 7.8 YPC and his partner Lippincott has averaged 91.8 YPG in the six-game streak (7.7 YPC). While Fresno St is a quality program that's proven itself time and again under head coach Pat Hill (in his 13th year), I believe there's no stopping this Nevada team right now, at least until it takes on Bopsie St on the "blue turf" on November 27th (day after Thanksgiving). No one has been a better 'bully' than Chris Ault, as the veteran coach has gone an amazing 18-4 ATS that's 81.8% as a home favorite since returning to Reno in 2004. With all Nevada's momentum, that gives me a

Club-80 Play on Nevada (9*).

REASON FOR PICK: USC has won seven consecutive Pac 10 titles and still has an outside chance for an eighth but the Trojans will need help. The real surprise team in the Pac 10 race is Stanford. The Cardinal were picked to finish sixth in the Pac 10 preseason media poll but at 5-2 remain in the 'hunt' for their first league title since 1999. Stanford's 51-42 win last Saturday against Oregon moved Stanford into the AP top-25 (at No. 25) for the first time since 2001, the last time the Cardinal were bowl eligible. The Trojans were all but out of the Pac 10 race after losing 47-20 to Oregon but the Ducks' loss to Stanford coupled with USC's unimpressive 14-9 win at ASU keeps the team's Rose Bowl hopes barely 'alive." However, I'm not playing the Trojans because they may still have a shot at the Rose Bowl. Rather, I'm playing "against" the Cardinal off their HUGE home upset of Oregon (my CFB Underdog of theYear, by the way!) and "on" the Trojans in a "delayed" revenge situation. The Cardinal probably have the better QB in redshirt freshman Luck (230.7 YPG / 11-3 ratio) and surely own the best RB in Gerhart, who rushed for a school-record 223 yards (38 carries) and three TDs LW vs Oregon (1,217 YR / 5.2 YC / 16 TDs on the year). However, games like this are "old hat" for Carroll and the Trojans, while I'm not sure Stanford can match LW's 'high' or intensity. I don't totally trust USC's freshman QB Barkley but while the ground game is fueled by a revolving door of RBs, they are all talented with USC averaging 186.0 YPG (5.3 YPC) on the ground. The USC defense has had its ups and downs in 2009, no doubt. The Trojans allowed just 40 points through five games but then allowed 110 points in going 2-1 against ND, Oregon St and Oregon. USC got a 55-yard TD on an INT return LW plus a 75-yard TD pass from Barkley, which was good enough to edge ASU 14-9 (Sun Devils only TD came with 36 seconds left, as ASU was held to 12 FDs and 258 yards by USC). It's hard to ignore that 47-20 loss at Oregon where the Trojans allowed 613 yards, including 391 on the ground. However, excepting the Oregon game, USC has allowed 80.0 YPG on the ground and 2.4 YPC. Who can forget Stanford's last visit to the Coliseum, a 24-23 win that ended USC's 35-game home win streak (24 straight in the Pac 10) back in October of 2007. USC avenged that loss last year with a 45-23 win at Palo Alto but I believe this home game has a special meaning for Carroll. His team is facing the real possibility of missing out on a BCS bowl for the first time since 2001, his first year in LA. Let me also point out that USC hasn't lost at home since that 2007 loss to Stanford and going back to Carroll's first season at USC (2001), his Trojans have won 47 of their last 48 home games with the Cardinal win in 2007 being the lone blemish. Which school beat USC the game before it began its 47-1 home winning run? Try Stanford! Talk about a "perfect storm!"

PERFECT STORM on USC (9*).

Mr. IWS
11-14-2009, 11:05 AM
PPP (Private Players Pitt)
5 K State
5 Oregon
4 Pitt
4 Idaho
3 N Texas over

Mr. IWS
11-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Spreitzer
5 Fl St Over
KO Miss St
TKO Ohio St
Dog Pound ND
Insider G Tech
Total Nebrask Und

Mr. IWS
11-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Big Al

Non conf game of year is notre dame

wayneschultz
11-14-2009, 02:46 PM
anybody have roots full card and or 10* perfect play?