PDA

View Full Version : 11-19-09

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 08:24 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

::handshake::

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 10:52 AM
steve budin 11/19

25 dime play

CAROLINA PANTHERS

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Karl Garrett 30 DIMER - OKLAHOMA STATE....10 DIMERS - CAROLINA PANTHERS, & INDIANA HOOSIERS 30 DIMER - OKLAHOMA STATE COWBOYS

Seeing that the Cowboys are on an 11-2 spread run - 84.6% for those of you that are counting - while the Buffaloes are on an 8-16 spread run on the road - 33.3% for those of you that are counting - I will side with the host to do the damage under the national tv lights.

This could certainly be the final straw that breaks the camels' back for Dan Hawkins' tenure, as Hawkins and CU has been an oil-and-water mixture for sure.

Colorado just played at Iowa State in a loss, and now they travel on short rest to play against the Oklahoma State buzzsaw that leads the nation in time of possession. You think the Buffs lumbering defense is going to wear down?

Remember the last time Colorado traveled on a short week to Toledo? The Buffs got waxed, and the Rockets aren't even that good. This one could get very ugly.

Go ahead and lay the lumber.

10 DIMER - CAROLINA PANTHERS

With Ronnie Brown being the focal point of the Miami "wildcat" attack, and with Brown's ankle injury keeping him sidelined, I will go ahead and side with the home team in this one.

Carolina is actually showing a pulse with wins and covers in 4 of their last 6 games, and Jake Delhomme hasn't thrown a pick in 3 games! The Panthers are starting to believe they can make some noise in the wild card standings with a few more "W"s, so let's mark them up for a play as the home favorite tonight, as Miami will sorely miss the services of Brown in this one, and this also happens to be Miami's 3rd roadie in the last 4 weeks.

Take Carolina minus the points.

10 DIMER - INDIANA HOOSIERS - 5:00 PM TIP-OFF!

I know Ole Miss is a little further along than Indiana is right now, but I also know not to doubt Tom Crean, and with a full season now under his belt in Bloomington, I expect the Hoosiers to be one of those teams that can be dangerous in the right spot.

That right spot looks like today to me in this tournament game from Puerto Rico.

Going to give Indiana a shot plus the points in this neutral site game to get a big win for the program and Crean.

Take the Hoosiers plus the points.

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Steven Budin-CEO Thursday's Play NEW YORK CREW

25 DIME RELEASE

Carolina

Note: As I release this play around 1 A.M. Eastern on Wednesday, there are more 3's than 3 1/2's both in Vegas and offshore. In either case, I would absolutely buy down to -2 1/2 or 3. And if for some reason this line moves back up and you're saddled with -4 - even after shopping for the best price - go ahead and buy down the half-point to -3 1/2 on the Panthers.

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Lenny Del Genio's San Juan BLOWOUT (5-0 in CBB) **DAY GAME**
Play on Ole Miss at 5:00 ET.

Matt Fargo's 9* CBB DARK HORSE DANDY - AFTERNOON TIP - Thursday
**9** CBB DARK HORSE DANDY *AFTERNOON TIP* This is an early start game with tip off at 1:30 ET 9* Tulane Green Wave

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 11:31 AM
RAS montana+4.5 rice+15.5 richmond-4 all one unit.

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 11:32 AM
charlie
nba, nfl & ncaaf. nba. new orleans+8', ncaaf. colorado @ ok state over 47 & nfl. miami @ carolina under 42' (500* 3 TEAM TRIPLE PLAY)
nfl. carolina-3 (30*)
ncaaf. colorado+17' (20*)
nba. chicago+9' (20*)
cbb. long beach st+15' (10*)
nba. spurs-7 (10*) free play

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 11:54 AM
IC

6 Unit Play. Game of the Month. #734. Take Ohio State +2 over the University of North Carolina (Thursday @ 9:20pm est). We are 5-0 this week in college ball including 3 outright winners (8-3, 72%) and we have cashed in $2200 net profit this year. We are well on our way to our goal of +100 Units in College Basketball. This is a game that Ohio State can certainly win outright. This game being played as part of the Coaches vs. Cancer event in Madison Square Garden. It is part of the semifinals as the defending champs in UNC face off against Ohio State. But, this UNC team is much different than the one that won the national championship. For starters, this UNC team only has two individuals who played any significant minutes from last year. Ohio State on the other hand returns all five starters. Ohio State is also very familiar with Madison Square Garden (MSG) considering they won the NIT Tournament last year at this very court. Heck, this team didn't make it to the NCAA tournament as most of them were young freshman, but certainly had the goods for getting together near the end and winning the NIT. Again, this team returns all five of its starters, returns their star player in Evan Turner and runs an offense that they are very familiar with. The Tarheels are very young this year, they are inexperienced for the most part and this is their first game away from home. The Buckeyes again did their preseason games in Canada, have played in various different places including defeating ranked teams and winning on the road in Big-Ten conference games with this exact team and are very familiar with MSG. I look for the Buckeyes and in particular for Thad Motta to get the respect for his program that he feels he deserves with a big win on the national stage today. This is not a good spot at all for UNC but a great situation for Ohio State and I expect the Buckeyes to not only win outright but possibly win by double-digits. We have the experience with five starters back, a team that is very familiar with MSG, a team that won the NIT last year, is hungry for respect and facing a Tarheel team that is very young on its first road game who is searching for their identity. I like our chances this evening.
Good luck,
IC

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 11:55 AM
Matt Fargo's 9* CBB DARK HORSE DANDY - AFTERNOON TIP - Thursday
**9** CBB DARK HORSE DANDY *AFTERNOON TIP* This is an early start game with tip off at 1:30 ET 9* Tulane Green Wave

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Mr. East 11/19

MREAST NCAAB THURSDAY BLOWOUT

#743 UTAH VALLEY ST. WOLVERINES @ #744 MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS 8PM EST

PLAY ON #744 MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS -24.5 -110 FOR 3 UNITS

The Golden Gophers are back. The Gophers have taken out their first 2 opponents in resounding fashion by 37 and 40 points, and I see no slowing down vs Utah Valley St. Utah Valley St. lost their top scorer from a year ago in Ryan Toolson, who averaged 23.8ppg, and this team played noone of note all of last season. Tubby Smith took a hit with eligibility issues, and a suspension from a Mall incident, but the team is still very talented, and experienced. This is about as big a mismatch as the first 2 and I expect another 30+ point win for the Gophers here.

Mr. IWS
Jim Feist 11/19

10-0 SU/ATS! 20-Star NBA Trend Tracker Game of the Year

NBA (703) UTAH Jazz VS (704) SAN ANTONIO SPURS

Take: (704) SAN ANTONIO SPURS

Reason: 20-Star Trend Tracker Game of the Year: Spurs. Utah heads out on the road in the second of a back to back spot for both teams, and Utah is 2-4 on the road. This will be the 5th road game over the last 6 games for a tired and underachieving Jazz team. Utah is 1-8 ATS their last nine times playing the second of a back-to-back situation and 3-12 ATS the last 15 times! Utah just finished up a grueling East Coast trip, too, four games on the road, including tough trips to Boston and Cleveland (two losses). San Antonio is 4-1 at home where they play their best defenses. The Spurs are 10-4 ATS the last 14 meetings with Utah. In San Antonio, the Spurs are 10-0 both SU and ATS vs Utah, including an average margin of victory of 17 ppg. A great spot for a big win by the home team. Play the Spurs!

Mr. IWS
ProLocks 11/19

10 dime Panthers tonight

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Wunderdog

Game: Columbus at Dallas (8:35 PM Eastern)
Pick: Dallas -130 (moneyline)

The Columbus Blue Jackets got out of the gate with five clean wins in their first six games, meaning it was all handled in regulation. Their have been only six wins since then, and half of those were decided in OT, or a shootout, so this team has definitely taken a step back. They have also had the benefit of playing their last four at home and look to be vulnerable here. Dallas finally comes home after a four-game road trip and will be ready to be greeted with cheers after not playing on home ice for almost two weeks. The reason I mention this is, is because Dallas is 13-6-1 on home ice after a road trip of seven days or more. The Blue Jackets are reeling against the Pacific at just 10-21 in their last 31 played. I'll go with Dallas in this one.

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Randall the Handle 11/19

Tampa Bay +1.36 over ANAHEIM (REG) Pinnacle
The Ducks are a team to stay away from these days, as there is something very wrong with them. The focus, determination or both are missing badly and that’s been very evident in most of its games this season. The forwards aren’t chipping in and the defense is giving away more free candy than any team in the league. The Ducks are coming off a four game East Coast trip in which they didn’t win a game and surrendered 12 goals in its final two games. Only once in the four games did they score more than twice. Meanwhile, the Lightning has picked up points in six straight and the scary thing is that they’re not even playing so great. They’ve only managed more than 22 shots on net once in those past six games but they’re still winning and that’s a testament to how sharp its marksmen are. Lecavlier and Tanguay are starting to get it going after a slow start for both. The Bolts should get tons of scoring chances tonight against this soft and very easy to fore-check host. The Ducks have serious problems and something is going to give real soon. Play: Tampa Bay +1.36 (Risking 2 units).

DALLAS -½ +1.19 over Columbus (REG) Pinnacle
The Jackets have won four of its last five games and the Stars are usually a much better dog than favorite but a close look reveals that the Jackets really aren’t playing that good. First, Steve Mason will start and he’s been way off all year with a 3.67 GAA and an 8.79 save %. Those aforementioned four wins came against Atlanta (minus Kovalchuk), Carolina, a reeling Ducks team in OT and a exhausted Oilers team playing the final game of a five-game trip. That one also went into OT. The loss they suffered in there was that memorable 9-1 thumping to the Red Wings, the only real tough game over that five-game stretch and the same Red Wing team the Stars defeated last night in Detroit. Prior to that the Jackets had dropped four of five. Last year the Jackets only visit to Dallas resulted in a 7-3 loss. Dallas is 4-1-1 against the Central Division and that’s where the Jackets reside. The Stars are healthy, they’re tough to beat and they’re on the verge of going on a roll and this Jackets team is getting just a bit too much credit when in fact, they’re not playing well at all. Play: Dallas -½ +1.19 (Risking 2 units).

ST. LOUIS -½ +1.04 over Phoenix Pinnacle
The money line seems rather high (the Blues are –1.65) when you consider that there’s really not a lot that separates these two. In fact, an argument could be made that the Coyotes are the better team and who could argue, as they have six more wins than the Blue Notes. Furthermore, the Blues have just three wins in 11 home games while the Coyotes are a very decent 6-4 on the road. However, this one is strictly a situational play in that the line is so high because the books are very aware that Phoenix could be completely gassed while the Blue Notes are as rested as a team could possibly be. Phoenix will play its fifth game in a week, its third game in four days and the tail end of back-to-backs after a tough game in Minnesota last night. They looked to be running on fumes in the second period and portions of the third as well. So, sometimes you have to “read between the lines” and this is a prime example of that. The Blue Notes will play its second game this week and they’ve been off since Saturday. If this were an even playing field situation the Blues would be a lot shorter price. Play St. Louis -½ +1.04 (Risking 2 units).

NASHVILLE +1.07 over New Jersey (REG) Pinnacle
The Preds are playing too good to ignore as a pooch and while the Devils are playing great also, this game is in Nashville and it’s a place the Devils seldom visit. New Jersey has made three trips to Nashville in the past six years and after games against Philly, Washington and Pittsburgh, three of its biggest rivals, and after finally losing a road game, the Devils could definitely take a bit of a breather tonight. They were on a nine-game road winning streak and when a team is riding that high they’ll play their hearts out in order to keep it going. It takes a life of its own once it gets that high but once its broken you can almost hear the exhaling. The Preds figure to be the more jacked-up team, as they get to play one of the more successful franchises over the past decade or so. The arena is electric when it’s full and there’s a great chance it’ll be capacity or damn near it tonight. Nashville has won three in a row, seven of nine and they’re a dog tonight because they get very little recognition. Thing is, they’re great defensively, they’re getting outstanding goaltending, they’re healthy and they roll out three terrific lines. Play: Nashville +1.07 (Risking 2 units).

Chicago/L.A. LAKERS under 194 5dimes
The Bulls have hit 100 points just once all year and it came in its last game against Sacramento. However, that was one game but a better measure of how they play is what they’ve done against other high scoring teams. Against Denver, the final score was 90-89. Against the Raps the final score was 99-89; against Milwaukee, 83-81, against Cleveland 86-85 and the list goes on and on. The Bulls know they can’t get into a shooting contest with the Lakers because they know they have no shot of winning if they do. The Bulls are going to have to dictate the pace of this game and while that might be a tough assignment, Phil Jackson is happy to play a defensive game. Yeah, the Lakers are capable of putting up a lot of points but this one is all about the Bulls. A team that shoots a low percentage, walks up the floor and they sure as hell aren’t going to change its strategy here. Play: Chicago/Lakers under 194 (Risking 2.1 units to win 2).

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Docs NBA 11/19

2-Unit Play #701 Take Phoenix/New Orleans OVER 214 (8 p.m. EST, Thursday)
Gone are the days where you would look for under plays on the Hornets because of their great defense. This team just stinks this season and they are giving up 105 points per game this season. They have given up more than 100 in three of four games, and the only one when they didn’t was against Portland, a team that forces opponents to play a half court game. They gave up more than 120 in two of those games, and one was to this same Phoenix club. We see a big offensive night for the Suns tonight on national TV against a porous defense and expect them to get 110+ and the Hornets will make up the rest to get this one over the total. The Suns have allowed 100 or more in five straight games and in almost all their games this season and even without Chris Paul the Hornets will be able to put some points on the board and this tempo will be fast throughout. Six of the last seven meetings have gone over and we see this one playing out that was as well.

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 02:06 PM
ferringo 11/19

5-Unit Play. Take #734 Ohio State (+2.5) over North Carolina (9:20 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 19)
Note: This is my Game of the Week. Bump up to a 5.5-Unit Play.

I think this time it happens. Ohio State wins. By a lot.

2-Unit Play. Take #737 Eastern Kentucky (+16) over Pittsburgh (7 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 19)
Note: Play at +14.5 and bump to +2.5-Unit Play. We don't change our lines after they are posted, but I have noticed that this line has moved since I posted it.

2-Unit Play. Take #721 Boston (+16) over Kansas State (7:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 19)
Note: Play at +15 and bump to 2.5-Unit Play. We don't change our lines after they are posted, but I have noticed that this line has moved since I posted it.

2-Unit Play. Take #725 UNC-Wilmington (+12) over Penn State (4 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 19)
Note: Play at +11.5. We don't change our lines after they are posted, but I have noticed that this line has moved since I posted it.

2-Unit Play. Take #720 Mississippi (-9) over Indiana (5 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 19)
Note: Lower to 1.5-Unit Play if you can't get better than -10.5. This game should be a blowout, but that's a pretty significant movement after I have posted.

1.5-Unit Play. Take #732 California (-2) over Syracuse (7 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 19)

1.5-Unit Play. Take #727 South Florida (-1) over Davidson (7 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 19)

1.5-Unit Play. Take #707 Richmond (-4.5) over William & Mary (7 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 19)

1-Unit Play. Take #709 Long Beach State (+15.5) over Notre Dame (7:30 p.m., Thurs., Nov. 19)

Note: Because of some line movements the teaser spreads I have here may not match up with your own. Play what you have at your books, even if they don't match up. I like all of the sides that we are on. If there are grading issues and if the line movements come into play then we will deal with it then.

2.5-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #720 Mississippi (-4) over Indiana (5 p.m.) AND Take #734 Ohio State (+7.5) over North Carolina (9:20 p.m.)

2-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #724 Miami (-6) over Tulane (1:30 p.m.) AND Take #725 UNC-Wilmington (+17) over Penn State (4 p.m.)

1.5-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #709 Long Beach State (+20.5) over Notre Dame (7:30 p.m.) AND Take #729 LaSalle (+12) over South Carolina (9:30 p.m.)

1-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #707 Richmond (Pk) over William & Mary (7 p.m.) AND Take #721 Boston (+20.5) over Kansas State (7:30 p.m.)

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 02:07 PM
B l a c K W i d o W / B i l L Y o u n G
5* W ise guy Big 12 T OTA L OF THE M ONTH on Colorado/Oklahoma State UNDER 47.5(-105 at 5dimes)

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Chris Jordan Thursday's winners ...
200? CALIFORNIA GODLEN BEARS - Not too worried about this long trek across the country, not when the Bears are a real threat in the Pac 10, and not when they're coming into the season with a wealth of talent and slew of experience. Tonight you'll see that on national television, while you'll also see the trouble Jimmy Boeheim is going to have this season, in getting his troops going during non-conference play.

Sure, the Orangemen are 2-0. But they beat up on Albany, 75-43, and Robert Morris, 100-60. Not exactly the competition Boeheim's young guns will see tonight. And since they've been idle since the past eight days, this could get out of hand early.

I'll say this about this year's version of the Golden Bears, if they were a team from Southern California there's a good chance the coaches would have picked it unanimously to win the league title. But the Bears are from Berkeley, and not since Jason Kidd starred inside Haas Pavilion have the Bears received the respect they deserve this season.

Four starters back, a solid bench, more than 90 percent of last year's scoring back and all-conference candidates ... Cal is my choice as the team to beat in the Pacific 10. And without the matched production, experience or backcourt skill, the Orangemen are going to suffer tonight.

100? CAROLINA PANTHERS - Call this a must-win for both teams, an elimination game if you will, and at this point I trust the Panthers more than I do a team that just lost to the Buccaneers a couple weeks back. The Dolphins will be without the master of the wildcat, Ronnie Brown, who is gone for the season because of a foot injury. Carolina has a much better chance to balance things out on offense, as quarterback Jake Delhomme has improved tremendously since the start of the season, when he looked like a quarterback who needed his receivers to wear jerseys that read "I'm on your team Jake!" Tonight I expect him to pick apart Miami's rookie cornerbacks, Vontae Davis and Sean Smith, to open up the Dolphins' defense. And when the Panthers turn to the ground game, they'll have the third-ranked rushing offense in the NFL rolling through the trenches. This is going to be simple, as the Panthers get his done.

???NOTE - If the Panthers line climbs to 3-1/2, be sure to buy the hook down to a field goal and lay only -3 points. If your bookmaker has a -3 on the game, feel free to go down to 2-1/2 - that's exactly what I did. I think the Panthers win this by at least a touchdown, but better to be safe!

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Dave Malinsky 11/19

Top of the Ticket - Bulls/Lakers

UNDER 195,LOS ANGELES LAKERS -vs-Chicago Bulls

4* #706 L.A. LAKERS/CHICAGO Under

The return of Pau Gasol is being treated much differently by the betting markets than the oddsmakers ? we have seen an opening Total of 190 climb all the way to 195. And that brings excellent value for our purposes. Are the Lakers a better offensive team with Gasol on board? Of course. But they are also much better defensively, especially with Phil Jackson opting to go with him at the #4 spot tonight, leaving Andrew Bynum at #5 and creating a ?Twin Towers? presence inside. With those two protecting the basket, and Kobe Bryant and Ron Artest aggressive on the perimeter, this can become one of the best defenses in the NBA once they get a chance to jell. It is also a defense that will cause huge headaches for the Bulls, who are 27th on our best offensive charts through 10 games, and who will see Luol Deng locked up by Artest and John Salmons by Bryant, leaving Derrick Rose with nowhere to go with the ball. Chicago is defending tenaciously, however. They are all the way up to #3 on our best charts and when you consider that they have already faced the Celtics, Cavaliers, Spurs (with all hands on deck), Nuggets and Heat the numbers have a legitimacy. In addition to those playoff-bound opponents they also played Toronto, which rates #1 on offense so far this season. They bring an excellent work ethic on that end of the court, and it helps having good wingspans at every position in the starting lineup. They will struggle to score tonight, but will also make the Lakers work hard for everything they can get, and in what is a well-positioned road game (this will only be the second game in five nights, and they are off tomorrow) their tenacity helps to set a sluggish flow to this one.

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 03:27 PM
oe Cravino
Todays Member Play: I. NHL Hockey:
OVER 5 (-110)
New Jersey Devils/Nashville Predators
Game time is @8:05pm ET.

II. NCAA & NFL Football: 4 Team 13pt Teaser (-130)
1. Colorado Buffaloes +30 CFB @7:45pm ET.
2. Oklahoma St. Cowboys -4 CFB @7:45pm ET.
3. Miami Dolphins +16 NFL @8:20pm ET.
4. OVER 30 Dolphins/Panthers NFL @8:20pm ET.

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Spartan

Triple-Dime bet

379 Oregon -5.5 (-110) vs 380 Arizona

Analysis: Last time the Oregon Ducks ventured into Tucson was not a good outcome to say the least. It was 2007 and high hopes were dashed as quarterback Dennis Dixon went down, Brady Leaf came in and the rest is history. The Ducks will have some redemption on their minds and I'm betting they get it. Some might look for an Arizona rebound from last weeks loss at Cal but I just like the way this Ducks team is playing right now a lot more. Mike Stoops has built a sound defense and DE Ricky Elmore is the real deal but the Ducks can score a ton of points and in a hurry. I'd be real surprised if the Wildcats can keep pace. I know Stoops ha‡s his kids eyeing a Pac 10 title but the fact is Oregon is one of the hottest teams in the country right now. The Ducks offense, which is very fake heavy, is one of the most difficult in college football for teams to defend. This Oregon squad is a salty bunch that has played in more big games than Arizona and been battle tested. I suspect they will deal with the ESPN Gameday drama and hype better that the home guys. I've looked at this game from every angle, talked with a few different sources I trust a great deal. I'm ready to declare it, my one and only college game of the year is the Oregon Ducks, see them taking this thing by a couple of touchdowns.

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Docs NBA

2-Unit Play #701 Take Phoenix/New Orleans OVER 214 (8 p.m. EST, Thursday)
Gone are the days where you would look for under plays on the Hornets because of their great defense. This team just stinks this season and they are giving up 105 points per game this season. They have given up more than 100 in three of four games, and the only one when they didn’t was against Portland, a team that forces opponents to play a half court game. They gave up more than 120 in two of those games, and one was to this same Phoenix club. We see a big offensive night for the Suns tonight on national TV against a porous defense and expect them to get 110+ and the Hornets will make up the rest to get this one over the total. The Suns have allowed 100 or more in five straight games and in almost all their games this season and even without Chris Paul the Hornets will be able to put some points on the board and this tempo will be fast throughout. Six of the last seven meetings have gone over and we see this one playing out that was as well.

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 03:28 PM
ATS LOCK CLUB and TOTALS
3 on Car -3
3 on the under 48 Col/Ok.st Gm

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Tim Trushel
over carolina- miami / regular play

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 03:31 PM
CRAIG DAVIS

30 DIME

WINNER #3

IN A ROW

Panthers

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Stephen Nover
Thursday night ...
15 Dime PANTHERS
5 Dime UNDER Dolphins/Panthers

NOTE: I promised a strong performance following losses on my top Sunday NFL plays and so far I'm a perfect 5-0 this week.

I'm involved today in the Dolphins-Panthers matchup, both on the side and total, although I do not recommend a parlay. I'm passing on the Colorado-Oklahoma State matchup , but have a free selection on the Bulls-Lakers.

Now, on this Panthers game, I notice the moneyline is climbing if you lay -3 points. Tells me it could go to 3-1/2. In the event your book has a 3-1/2, buyy the hook down to a field goal. DON'T GET BEAT BY THE HOOK.

15 Dime PANTHERS - The timing is right for Carolina in this matchup. The Panthers have more talent than the Dolphins, are rounding into shape having won and covered four of their last six games and catch Miami in a bad situational spot.

The Dolphins have had a rough last four weeks. They blew a 24-10 lead at home four weeks in a loss to the Saints. They then split division road games beating the Jets and losing to the Patriots. Then last week they had to come from behind to edge Tampa Bay with 10 seconds left.

The victory against the Bucs, though, was costly for the Dolphins. Ronnie Brown is out. That not only takes away Miami's best runner, but also the key player in its wildcat formation. The early turnaround limits Miami's preparation to formulate a good game plan minus Brown.

Quarterback Chad Henne isn't advanced enough at this early juncture of his career to make enough downfield plays to overcome Brown's loss. Next to the Cleveland Browns, the Dolphins might have the worst set of wide receivers in the league.

Carolina ranks 12th in total defense and has the fourth-best pass defense. The Panthers have held six of their last seven foes to 21 or fewer points.

Carolina's problem for much of the season has been the terrible play and turnovers of Jake Delhomme, who has thrown 13 interceptions. But Delhomme has become more of a game manager handing the ball off to DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart. This is one of the better running back tandems in the NFL. Delhomme has finally figured out not to get in their way.

The Panthers have rushed for 270, 182 and 185 yards in their last three games and Delhomme hasn't thrown an interception during this span while tossing three touchdowns. Delhomme will be able to pick his spots against a youthful Dolphins secondary as the Panthers bash the Dolphins with their third-ranked ground attack.

5 Dime UNDER Dolphins/Panthers - This is a matchup featuring two ground-oriented clubs with two conservative coaches.

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano does not want to take chances with his young quarterback, Chad Henne, nor does Carolina coach John Fox want to risk an interception with his turnover-prone quarterback, Jake Delhomme. Henne only has two touchdown passes in the last four games.

The Dolphins are without their best weapon, running back Ronnie Brown. That makes their wildcat formation much easier to defend. The short practice week makes it difficult to adjust without Brown and limits any tricks or new plays.

Carolina suffered a key offensive injury, too, last week. Out is star left tackle Jordan Gross. He was the Panthers' best offensive lineman. Pass rushing star Joey Porter is back for Miami. He can take advantage of Gross' absence to wreak havoc.

The Saints were the Panthers' only opponent to score more than 21 points in the last seven games against them.

I see the Dolphins feeding Ricky Williams the ball 35 times while Carolina also has a lopsided margin of running plays compared to passes. That means the clock keeps moving and this total stays under.

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Coach Ron Meyer

5*
Panthers (-3) over Dolphins

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Mike Lineback 11/19

Premium Selections

[306] 4* Carolina Panthers -3 -125 | 8:20p ET
Both teams' run and defend the run well but will will give edge to Carolina with Miami's best running Ronnie Brown out for season. Brown loss is key because he has been central to Dolphins success in The "Wildcat" formation. Strongly believe Miami will miss him tonight. Also, will give Carolina considerable edge in passing game. Panthers, have more playmakers with veteran wideouts Muhsin Muhammad & Steve Smith & DeAngelo Williams coming out of the backfield. Plus, Delhomme, more than capable, of having a "monster" game. Delhomme, is playing more under control and will be facing the #27 pass defense in league, spearheaded by two rookie cornerbacks?? Miami pass D among league leaders in giving up big plays. They have allowed, 32 plays of 20+ yds & 9 plays over 40+ yds. Don't be suprised if Smith, way overdue, has one of his patented dominating performances. If not, at least make enough plays to set up some valuable points. On the flip side, Carolina defend the pass well. The 4th best pass defense, were particularly impressive in pass coverage vs. Atlanta last week. With Brown out, Miami inexperienced QB Henne should have hard time finding anything open downfield. Both Camarillo & Ginn Jr. lack the skills to stretch the field & make consistent plays to move the chains. Will give slight edge to Miami in special teams' but hoping Carolina homefield will neutralize any Dolphins advantage. Only "wildcat" for Carolina is Jake Delhomme. However, predicting big game from Delhomme under the Thursday night lights. If not, logic says, Carolina still have enough edges to get the cover on their home turf.

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Ras cbb

These are their Sides. They are much better at Totals, or have been in the past.

Richmond -5

Rice +4.5

Montana +4

Mr. IWS
Seabass

50* Rider
50* Mississippi

20* 7pt teaser Miami/under
50* Miami

50* Spurs
100* Steam - Phx/NO over

50* Stl (NHL)

Mr. IWS
Stan Sharp | NFL Side Thu, 11/19/09 - 8:20 PM È„

double-dime bet 305 MIA 3.0 (-110) BetUS vs 306 CAR
Analysis: Stan is Betting MIAMI. Stan notes that even though Miami has some injuries the sharp money in this game has been coming in on Miami as the public is betting Carolina but yet the line is down to 3. That's a strong indicator that the Big Boys are betting Miami and Stan is one of those Big Boys doing the betting. Stan has Miami winning outright. TAKE MIAMI as STAN'S COLLEGE FOOTBALL WISE GUY GAME and make them a DOUBLE DIME PLAY.

Mr. IWS
Al DeMarco

5 Dime

Carolina Panthers

Mr. IWS
K B H o o p s
4* Richmond -5 -120 **P O D**
4* Ohio State +2
3* Rider +5

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Antony Dinero

Dolphins at Panthers
Pick: Under 43.5

Without Ronnie Brown, expect the Dolphins ability to pound away with Ricky Williams to be compromised by the lack of an element of surprise in the wildcat. An athletic front seven and speedy corners should be able to hold contain, and so long as the special teams unit keeps Ted Ginn from impacting the game on that end, Carolina can ride DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart and a conservative passing game to a much-needed home win. Back the Panthers and the under.

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 04:56 PM
James Patrick Sports

5* Pot of Gold

Blackhawks vs. Flames
Play: Calgary Flames

In an effort to restore dominance to the Flames defense, GM Daryll Sutter hired his brother Brent away from the New Jersey Devils. Together the Sutter Brothers will turn Calgary into a top Stanley Cup contender from the Western Conference. Chicago put out the Flames in last season’s playoffs and again in their first meeting this season. We look for the Flames to make a statement on their home ice with a convincing win this time out.

Mr. IWS
SAM CLAYTON

NORTH CAROLINA VS OHIO STATE
Madison Square Garden, NYC

Finally, the defending national champions have their first real test of the season after dismantling Florida International, North Carolina Central and Valparaiso. Yawn. Ohio State is an entirely different monster, however, and they are without question a definite threat to knock off the Tar Heels at the Garden. The Buckeyes are a very strong defensive team that possesses tons of length and athleticism. And while Ohio State's frontcourt doesn't hold a candle talent-wise in comparison to North Carolina, OSU does have a shot-blocking anchor in Dallas Lauderdale (one of the nation's top rejectors) and a big 7-footer in Zisis Sarikopolous, a transfer from UAB. Along with senior center Kyle Madsen, the three OSU bigs will be responsible for containing Deon Thompson, Ed Davis and Tyler Zeller. Thompson is infamous for disappearing in the second half, and Davis and Zeller have been known to shy away from physicality. Thad Matta needs to have his bigs motivated and ready to play the aggressor against the Heels. And should Matta decide to come out playing zone (which I would highly suggest), it would give the Buckeyes a much better chance to crash the boards and keep Carolina off the offensive glass.

Still, the decisive factor for tonight's contest is going to be the guard play, where I give an unquestionable advantage to the Buckeyes because of All-American in-the-making Evan Turner. The former St. Joe's standout is one of the most versatile players in the nation and he's one hell of an assignment for any opposing defender. Marcus Ginyard should draw the task although it's not just about keeping Turner off the scoreboard, it's about shutting down his drives and slashes, and keeping him off the offensive glass. Unselfish as can be, Turner is downright dangerous off the dribble and his awareness and ability to find the open man is uncanny. He also has three inches on Ginyard, which would give Evan a definite advantage in the post-up game. Turner will look to find sweet-shooting Jon Diebler roaming the perimeter (42% 3PT last year) and combo-guard William Buford, who should have no problem working on the much shorter and weaker Larry Drew II. Speaking of Drew, he'll also be bringing up the ball for Carolina and he's been far from spectacular. In fact, North Carolina has turned the ball over 12 times a game (against terrible competition) as opposed to Ohio State's 7.5 -- the assist/turnover ratios are 1.5/1 and 2.8/1 respectively. If the Buckeyes turn up the pressure on Ginyard and the panicky Drew, the floodgates could open wide for easy buckets in transition.

The oddsmakers have set a very compact line for this game and they believe that the Buckeyes will push North Carolina to the limit. I definitely agree and could easily see this one coming down to the final shot ... which would put us in a great position to cover regardless of which team finds the bottom of the net. Nonetheless, I'm banking on the bigger and longer backcourt to deliver as Turner, Diebler and Buford prove to be too much for Carolina's guards to handle. If Thad Matta sticks with a zone scheme and the Buckeyes hedge inside the three-point line and between the low block, things could get very interesting. The Tar Heels have the definite advantage in the low post, so Ohio State will make Carolina's guards make plays. And with how poorly the UNC backcourt has been shooting, I like our chances.

PICK: Ohio State +2.5 - 25 dimes

SYRACUSE VS CALIFORNIA
Madison Square Garden, NYC

Despite the fact that this is practically a home game for the Orange (given their familiarity and proximity to the Garden), I still like Cal to bring home the 'W.' The Golden Bears are an experience-driven team that returns four senior starters -- last year's top four scorers -- most notably in the backcourt. Jerome Randle and Patrick Christopher are two of the smartest guards in the country and it's hard for me to find another tandem that's as well-rounded as they are. Randle is the ultimate playmaker, as he's able to slash to the basket and open up the floor with dribble penetration. He also shoots the deep ball remarkably well (46% last season) and has the luxury of squaring off against Cuse freshman Brandon Triche. When Randle beats his man off the dribble, he'll have Christopher (36% 3PT) and Theo Robertson (49% 3PT) on the wings and they are more than capable of capitalizing on broken coverage.

I like this matchup for the Bears because of their definite quickness edge and their ability to draw the Syracuse big men away from the basket. Arinze Onuaku and Rick Jackson are solid players, yes, but their main operative is camping on the low block on defense. They'll have their hands full trying to slow down athletes like Robertson and Jamal Boykin. As far as offense goes, Cuse's frontcourt likes to play physical and outmuscle weaker defenders. This is where Markhuri Sanders-Frison, Cal's most important newcomer, comes into play. The Juco is an absolute bull in the paint (6-7, 275) and he's the brute strength yin to his teammates' agile yang. And don't let Cuse's two blowout wins against below-average competition fool you, this team's stock has dropped drastically since last season. Jimmy Boeheim lost more than half of his scoring (Johnny Flynn, Eric Devendorf and Paul Harris), and I don't trust the erraticism of Andy Rautins or the inexperience of Triche.

The only reason this line is near pick-em status is because it's being played approximately 3,000 miles away from Berkeley. Still, with all the experience and leadership that Cal brings to the table, I think they'll be fine. This team isn't scared of a dogfight and they aren't going to be phased by a long travel itinerary. Mike Montgomery will have the Bears prepared to attack whatever defense Boeheim throws out and for Jimmy's sake, it better not be the 2-3 zone that failed miserably against Oklahoma in the tourney. Too much team speed and quickness for Cal as the prodding Syracuse big men find themselves in foul trouble trying to keep up with the much quicker and more elusive Bears.

PICK: California PK - 15 dimes

Mr. IWS
Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

Bulls/Lakers UNDER 192

For a number of different reasons I believe the value in this matchup is on the "under":

Pao Gasol is expected to make his season debut Thursday night as the Lakers continue their five-game homestand against the Chicago Bulls, who opened their lengthy circus road trip with an impressive win.

Chicago beat the Kings 101-87 on Tuesday.

They hadn't scored more than 94 points in the first nine games of the season. They also improved their league-worst 3-point percentage by hitting 7 of 12 attempts against the Kings; I expect a letdown this evening and to return to their previous poor play.

Keep in mind that the total has gone under the posted number in seven of Chicago's last eight overall and in four of its last five on the road. Chicago has also seen the total go under the number in five of six games as an underdog.

On the other side of the court: The Lakers won their last time out behind a big effort from Kobe Bryant who scored 40 in their 106-93 victory over Detroit.

The Lakers have been held to 83.3 points per game in their three losses and especially struggled in the second half of their recent two-game rut, averaging 30.0 points in the final 24 minutes.

The total has gone under the posted number in 11 of the Lakers last 15 at the Staples Center and in 9 of the last 11 games vs. the Bulls.

Bottom line: Gasol is going to need a game or two to get "up to speed"; I look for Chicago to slide back to mediocrity on the offensive side and when taking into account these strong O/U trends, I believe we're getting excellent value on the UNDER!

*8* UNDER.

Mr. IWS
Bob Balfe

CAROLINA PANTHERS -3

Without Brown in the lineup the wildcat for Miami will struggle. Carolina has a great defense and should be able to defend it well. Look for the Panthers to get a big home win. Take Carolina.

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Ron Raymond

Colorado/Oklahoma St OVER 47.5

When ANY NCAAF Team played as Home team as a Favorite - Last 4 years - Playing on artificial surface - Coming off a win on artificial - Coming off 2 unders; the OVER is 15-6-1 for the home fave (OKST) in this role L4Y.

My ATS Calculator has the total on this game landing on 50.64 points and my PVI rating on this game going over is 54%.

Take the OVER.

Mr. IWS
Evan Altemus

UTAH Jazz +5.5

San Antonio will be without their star guard Manu Ginobli and probably will be without guard Tony Parker in this game. The Spurs also have to play in back-to-back nights after playing a road game last night at Dallas. To make matters even worse, they lost in overtime, which means their starters played even more minutes. Utah got star point guard Deron Williams back last night, and he allowed the Jazz to get an easy blowout win over Toronto. Utah also defeated San Antonio in a 14 point home win earlier in the season. The Spurs have traditionally not been a good point spread team playing in back-to-back nights as well, and playing an overtime game last night against a good team is even more reason to fade them tonight. I look for Utah to take this game down to the wire.

3 UNIT SELECTION Jazz.

Mr. IWS
Tony George

NEW ORLEANS HORNETS +7.5

Yes the Suns beat the Hornets by 20 about 8 days ago, but I have made a ton of money going against the Suns on TNT Thursday night games as they always carry a premium line. They are 5-17 ATS their last 22 TNT games. I like home dogs on TNT, and the Hornets Chris Paul is out, but David West is stepping up. I like the backcourt for the Hornets at home, and the Suns while hot, are due for a fall. I cashed them on the road Tuesday at Houston, but the Hornets can run with them, have a new coach and outlook for this game on national TV tonight at home, and are in serious revenge mode. The public is all over Phoenix, but 7+ points is a ton of points for a home team in the NBA, we are grabbing it.

Grab the points for a 1 Unit Play Hornets.

Mr. IWS
Marc Lawrence

MIAMI DOLPHINS +3

The Dolphins tackle the Panthers in Carolina Thursday night in a pairing of disappointing teams that combined to win 23 regular season games last year, with each looking to get to the .500 level for the first time in 2009. The Panthers covered for the third straight week as an underdog in an upset win on this field over Atlanta this past Sunday. As a result, Carolina finds themselves dressed as home favorites, a role in which they’ve never fared well under John Fox, going 2-9-1 ATS when laying six or less points to a non-division opponent with a win percentage of .400 or more. With Miami 5-0 ATS away off a win under Tony Sparano and Carolina 0-5 ATS in November off a SU division dog win, we’ll grab the points here tonight. Play On: Miami Dolphins.

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Lenny Del Genio

Suns/Hornets OVER 214

Lenny spent years working on an NBA "totals system" and began using it in January '07 on the net, with great success. It's based on numerous factors, some of them listed here. Anticipated pace and style of both teams' play. Days of rest for teams or lack of it. Number of points scored by starters as compared to subs in recent outings (plus season-long averages). It also factors in point and rebounding differentials of the two teams. With all these factors (and many more), it's not possible to provide Lenny's "typical analysis" with his NBA totals selections. However, after last year's success, he anticipates another banner year. Play are rated 10* (Game of Day), 15* (Game of Week), 20* (Game of Month) and some rare 25* plays. Good luck. Over Phoenix/New Orleans is our 15* NBA Total of the Week.

Mr. IWS
Teddy Covers
11/19/09 NFL Carolina Under 42.5 -110

Mr. IWS
Savannah Sports

Todays Selections
NCAA Football
Pass

NFL Football
3 (***) Carolina -3

Mr. IWS
rich onboch

10* miami fish

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Bryan Leonard's Thursday Hardcourt Crusher

711/712 Rice at Arizona

The Rice Owls are a young team with their top three players in regards to minutes all being underclassmen. Those three account for 33.3 points per game. There is just one senior on the roster and this should be a tough environment for their first true road game. They just played Sacramento State, South Alabama and Houston Baptist at home. Only the Jaguars of South Alabama have a quality team and the Owls were outshot and outrebounded in that game despite a 2 point home victory.

Arizona dominated Northern Arizona in their lone game on the schedule winning by 17 points. Like Rice they are a young club with just one senior on the roster. That said the talent level is of much higher quality and the young studs are playing at home. The Wildcats had eight players produce 8 points or more in the opener and that depth will be a key here.

Arizona had just one senior last year and they won 21 games with an RPI ranking of 62. So experience isn't a worry with the Wildcats.

PLAY ARIZONA

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 06:01 PM
ats

4 Cal
3 Long Beach

Mr. IWS
ats

4 Cal
3 Long Beach

Mr. IWS
Lenny Del Genio

15* NBA Total of the Week

Suns/Hornets Over 214

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Executive

250 Ariz Hoops
200 Dolphins

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 06:06 PM
vegas-runner | NFL Total Sun, 11/22/09 - 1:00 PM ¶ƒ
triple-dime bet 419 SEA / 420 MIN Under 46.5 Bodog
Analysis:

*** NFL "TRUE STEAM" 3* GAME OF THE WEEK *** ("11-3" the L3 Weeks..."69% ATS" Overall)

This is a classic example of the Outfits seeing so much Value in a Bet, that they didn't even see the need to allow the "Betting Public" to force the bookmakers, to adjust the line...and ultimately get an even better Total to go Under, than what they bet it at...

Bottom Line, there is no doubt in any bookmakers mind...of what side the Betting Public will be on...for the Total of this Match-Up...And if they are 100% sure that they will receive a lot of action on the Over as we approach, and on game-day...you can rest assured that the Wiseguys were aware of this as well...But yet they still went ahead and took this position, which guarantees us that it's a "TRUE STEAM" Bet...

More importantly, after speaking to some of those "runners" who actually move "Steam"...They all agreed that fortunately, the books receive so much more Public Money, than they do Wiseguy Money, on the NFL...that their respective Outfits were able to take a significant position on this wager...

This Total Opened at "47"...which is actually one of a handful of "Key Totals", due to the fact that there are plenty of combinations of Final Scores, that equal 47...And the books do not like coming off these Key Totals, anymore than they do the "Key Spreads"...So you can be sure that when they do, there is plenty of "Steam" behind it...

And that is the case for this game...Where the books went ahead and opened it up at 47, and were immediately forced to adjust down to 46...

Fortunately for us, the "TRUE STEAM" Bet that I believe offers up the most betting Value, based on my own Ratings/Lines...is in the NFL...Because as I stated above, the public money far outweighs the Wiseguy money...and therefore, as the public begins unloading on the Over...we will still have no problem finding a great line...

Let's go ahead and bet the UNDER 46.5 in this Match-Up...as our very 1st NFL "TRUE STEAM" BET OF THE WEEK...VR

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Adam Meyer, This is the year that the Bobby Higgins recruiting will pay off. The crop of kids he recruited 3 years ago are now juniors and seniors. Look for Kansas State to be a really good team this year. Take the Wildcats and lay the points.

PLAY: Kansas State / -14.5 / 5 Units

The Cowboys have hit another gear after the Texas loss, and they are 14-5 ATS as a favorite the last 3 years. Colorado allows more than 32 ppg on the road, while only scoring a little above 18 ppg on offense. OSU has a scoring difference of +13 at home and are 4-1 ATS against conference opponents. Oklahoma will move the ball with relative ease against the Buffaloes and handle their putrid offense. OSU covers in a rout tonight.

PLAY: Oklahoma State / -17 / 5 UnitsThese two teams have slim playoff chances riding on this game. They both rely heavily on the run and do not want to put the responsibility of winning the game on their QBs (Jake Delhomme and Chad Henne), the Dolphins running game will be affected by the absence of Pro Bowl RB Ronnie Brown, who is lost for the year. Henne's inexperience and the absence of Brown will heavily affect the Dolphins, and Carolina will easily cover this game.

PLAY: Carolina Panthers / -3 / 4 Units
Ever since Evgeni Malkin has returned from that injury the Pens’ offense seems rejuvenated. His appearance on the ice opens things up for other players like veteran Bill Guerin who has scored goals in the last two games. Even though they’re at home Ottawa has played spotty hockey lately and just hung on to beat a bad Toronto club the other night. The “plus” line right now on the Pens is most favorable.

PLAY: Pittsburgh Penguins / +105 / 3 Units

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Hollywood sports

20* Under Dolphins/Panthers

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 06:44 PM
RAS just released north car u151

Mr. IWS
11-19-2009, 06:51 PM
Special K 20*'s

#709 LONG BEACH STATE @ + 15 1/2