PDA

View Full Version : 11-20-09

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 09:03 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

::handshake::

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Doc Sports

FootBall Week of November 19th (NEED POINTS) 4 Unit Play. #14 Take Utah State +23 ½ over Boise State (Friday 9:30 pm ESPN 2) The Broncos show no mercy for anyone, but one has to believe this is a flat spot as they play Nevada next. Throw in the fact that the Aggies will be playing their last home game of the season, and they have performed well at home. They took Nevada to the wire and lost, 25-32, and they did beat Louisiana Tech, 23-21. They have not been really blown out all season and look for them to hang around in this affair as well. Boise State 37, Utah State 21.

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Maddux

#305 - NCAA - 3 units on Utah State +23.5

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Ras Det-1..IUPI-2.5..GaST-.5..Van+5..GaTech-5.5..all one unit

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Young Gun Sports 3* NBA Toronto -3.5

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Wunderdog

Game: Charlotte at Milwaukee (8:30 PM Eastern)
Pick: Milwaukee -3 (-110)

The Milwaukee Bucks suffered the loss of Michael Redd once again, but this time they have an answer in rookie Brandon Jennings. Jennings has been quite the surprise as he has already dropped 55 points and is averaging 24.8 per game. The Bobcats made an upgrade to a struggling offense by acquiring Stepon Jackson, but this team although highly competitive at home, is 0-6 on the road and overall, has now dropped six straight as well. The Bobcats play solid defense, but the offense is a disaster as they average just 83.4 points per game. Put that offense on the road and they are scoring under 80, which may be the lowest of any NBA team ever in the shot-clock era. The Bucks are delivering after a 10-point win at 6-0 ATS and the Cats have dropped four of the last five in this series. Milwaukee gets the call here.

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Randall the Handle

Florida +2.34 over DETROIT

After going into Buffalo and slamming the Sabres and Ryan Miller, one has to trust that the Panthers are feeling pretty good. This team is not intimidated by anyone or any place and they work their butts off every shift of every game. The Sabres may have taken them a lightly and they paid the price. What I do know is that Florida has won six of its last nine. They’re healthier than they’ve been all year and they’re scoring goals. In fact, the Panthers have scored 14 times over its last three games including six in Buffalo. The Red Wings had won three in a row before a 3-1 loss to at home to the Stars. They very seldom see Florida and that can only work in our favor, as the Panthers will be a lot more jacked up playing at the Joe than the Red Wings will be playing Florida at home. Furthermore, Detroit will play in Montreal tomorrow on Hockey Night in Canada and there’s a great possibility that game is more on their minds than this one. Anyway, the tag here on the Panthers is way too high and has to be considered one of the biggest overlays of the season thus far. Play: Florida +2.32 (Risking 2 units).

NY Islanders +1.20 over MINNESOTA

The Wild are a frustrated hockey team that is pressing way too much and that’s beginning to carry the burden of losing on its back. This is a team that struggles miserably to score goals and therefore they’re not a trustworthy favorite. Meanwhile, the Islanders just keep rolling. They have just two regulation losses over its last 13 games. Those two losses were in Buffalo and New Jersey, the latter by a score of 2-1. The Islanders are playing great hockey, they’re loose and they’re having fun. This is a young team on a roll and they can’t wait to get back on the ice. Play: NY Islanders +1.20 (Risking 2 units).

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Stephen Nover
Friday night ...
15 Dime EASTERN MICHIGAN
5 Dime UNDER EMU/Toledo
5 Dime GRIZZLIES

NOTE: Just when you think you can back the Carolina Panthers they lay an egg at home on national television against a mediocre Dolphins team. I lost on the Panthers Thursday night on a 15-dime play.

I did win my two other Thursday plays, cashing on the Dolphins-Panthers under as a five-dime selection and winning on my free pick of the Lakers to cover against the Bulls at home. This pushes my won-lost record during the past four days to 9-2.

For Friday I'm involved in the Eastern Michigan-Toledo game, both side and total. There's an NBA play I also like, too. I'm 6-1 on my last seven NBA selections.

As a complementary play, I like Boise State to cover against Utah State. The Broncos have too much offense AND defense for the Aggies, who won't get much crowd support for this matchup.

15 Dime EASTERN MICHIGAN - This game kind of reminds me of Sunday's upcoming NFL matchup between the Browns and Lions. It's bad versus bad and when that's the case you usually want to side with the underdog. That's my thinking in this game.

Eastern Michigan is motivated not to finish winless. I'm not sure Toledo has any motivation following last week's disheartening loss to Central Michigan. The Rockets were thoroughly battered, 56-28. It was their third consecutive defeat. The week before Toledo lost to previously unbeaten Miami of Ohio.

The Rockets quit at the end of last season and they very well could quit again. I don't trust their makeup.

My entire handicap to the 'dog is based on fading Toledo. The Rockets have a terrible defense and a revolving door at quarterback. They have no business laying this many points in a conference matchup. The Rockets have failed to cover the past six times they've been favorites of more than 10 1/2 points.

Toledo has allowed an average of 38.6 points in its five home games. The Rockets can't stop the run or pass. They rank 105th in total defense.

In the past five games, the Rockets have used five different players behind center. Senior Aaron Opelt, the regular starter, re-injured his right shoulder during last Wednesday's loss to Central Michigan. He may see some time, but he won't start. Freshman Austin Dantin is expected to start.

5 Dime UNDER EMU/Toledo - Yes we have two terrible defenses matching up. But these offenses are nothing to brag about, especially in the case of Eastern Michigan.

The Eagles rank 117th in points scored per game (15.5) and in total offense (275 yards).

Eastern Michigan has received terrible quarterback play and its best runner, Dwayne Priest, averages a pedestrian four yards per carry. Still, look for Eastern Michigan to stay on the ground in an effort to keep Toledo's offense off the field.

Toledo's defense is capable of making big plays. The Rockets have forced 16 turnovers and recorded 18 quarterback sacks. They just can't stop anybody in the red zone where they've allowed opponents to cash in on 90 percent of their opportunities. I just don't think Eastern Michigan is going to be in the red zone enough to justify this high of a total.

Toledo has a much better offense than Eastern Michigan. But this offense is in somewhat disarray because of the quarterback situation. It appears freshman Austin Dantin is going to get the start instead of senior Aaron Opelt, who is nursing a shoulder injury.

5 Dime GRIZZLIES - Memphis has won two in a row beating the Timberwolves and Clippers at home by a combined 25 points.

The Grizzlies rank second in rebounding. The 76ers rank 22nd in rebounding and are without Marreese Speights.

But the major part of this handicap is fading the 76ers believing they are overrated based on this line.

Only once in their last six games have the 76ers broken the 90-point barrier. They are averaging 86.5 points in their last four games.

In their last nine games, the 76ers' wins have come against the Knicks in overtime, the Nets by three at home, the Nets by three on the road and by two at home against the Bobcats. The combined record of the Knicks, Nets and Bobcats is 5-29.

I'm not a fan of Grizzlies' point guard Mike Conley. But I'm also not sold on the 76ers' new point guard Lou Williams. The 76ers have averaged 17 1/2 turnovers in their last two games. They are playing sloppy, missing Speights' inside scoring and have problems incorporating Elton Brand into their system.

Philadelphia is 1-7 against the spread in its last eight games. The 76ers have failed to cover in their last five home games.

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Docs NBA 11/20

4-Unit Play #503 Take Memphis/Philadelphia OVER 194 (7 p.m. EST, Friday)
Memphis is one of the worst defensive teams in the league in all major categories. They are No. 27 in the league for points allowed, giving up 107+ per night, and No. 28 for defensive shooting percentage, allowing opponents to hit 50% of their shots. Their offense has been pretty efficient, however, and they are No. 9 for offensive FG%, hitting 47% of their own shots. The most glaring stat to us, however, is the number of points the Grizzlies give up on the road. They allow 117 PPG in road games this season and they have given up 104 PPG or more in EVERY road game and all but one opponent has put up 113 or more on them in road contests this season. We think Philly knows the key to winning this game is attacking the basket. Philly has played a lot of defensive teams thus far and their offensive numbers have struggled as a result and that is why we are getting a nice number here tonight.

4-Unit Play #512 Take Oklahoma City -3 ½ Over Washington (8 p.m. EST, Friday)
Love this slim line for what we think is a much better team in Oklahoma City. Washington has stunk on the road and they have gone 0-3 in road games since an opening night win against a Dallas team that was shaking off the offseason rust. All their road losses have come by double digits. This team’s stock is high right now since they beat Cleveland their last time out but before that they lost six straight and failed to cover in any of those games. OKC is once again a team that is underrated by the oddsmakers and general betting public. We are not a big fan of them laying a lot of points but this is a very manageable line and we think that they pull away in the fourth quarter for an easy win.

3-Unit Play #509 Take Orlando/Boston UNDER 192 (8 p.m. EST, Friday)
Four straight meetings have gone under the posted total and we think that is the direction this one goes in tonight. Orlando is a jekyl and hyde type of team that can engage in a defensive battle or run and gun at fast tempo. Even though Boston is No. 2 in the NBA for points allowed they are the best defensive team in the NBA and we feel they are going to set a defensive tone in this one and we see this game as a hard-fought defensive battle. Boston, on offense, is No. 1 for field goal percentage, hitting more than 50% of their shots, but they are only No. 17 in scoring with 99 PPG. That is the sign of a great under team as it is one that forces opponents to play their game. That’s why the under is 11-5 in Boston’s last 16 overall.

Mr. IWS
ferringo 11/20

3-Unit Play. Take #527 Troy (+16) over Florida (7 p.m., Friday, Nov. 20)

3-Unit Play. Take #576 Boston College (-7.5) over St. Joseph’s (6 p.m., Friday, Nov. 20)

2.5-Unit Play. Take #588 Ohio State (-2.5) over California (5 p.m., Friday, Nov. 20)

2.5-Unit Play. Take #561 Mississippi (-1) over Kansas State (8 p.m., Friday, Nov. 20)

2-Unit Play. Take #566 UNC-Wilmington (+13) over Miami (3 p.m., Friday, Nov. 20)

2-Unit Play. Take #541 San Jose State (+22) over Washington (11 p.m., Friday, Nov. 20)

1.5-Unit Play. Take #599 Louisiana Tech (+1.5) over Miami, OH (8 p.m., Friday, Nov. 20)

1-Unit Play. Take #539 Vanderbilt (+4) over St. Mary’s (11:30 p.m., Friday, Nov. 20)

1-Unit Play. Take #591 Eastern Michigan (-4.5) over Citadel (6:30 p.m., Friday, Nov. 20)

1-Unit Play. Take #530 Cornell (-3) over Seton Hall (7 p.m., Friday, Nov. 20)

1-Unit Play. FIRST HALF: Take #578 Purdue (-10.5) over South Dakota State (8:30 p.m., Friday, Nov. 20)

1-Unit Play. Take #567 LaSalle (-1.5) over Davidson (7 p.m., Friday, Nov. 20)

1-Unit Play. Take #589 Syracuse (Pk) over North Carolina (7 p.m., Friday, Nov. 20)

2-Unit Play. Take #539 Vanderbilt (+9) over St. Mary’s (11:30 p.m.) AND Take #566 UNC-Wilmington (+18) over Miami (3 p.m.)

1.5-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #541 San Jose State (+27) over Washington (11 p.m.) AND Take #527 Troy (+21.5) over Florida (7 p.m.)

1.5-Unit Play. TEASER: #572 Northern Iowa (-3) over DePaul (1 p.m.) AND #585 Alcorn State (+25) over Albany (7:30 p.m.)

1-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #557 Dayton (+10) over Villanova (3 p.m.) and #570 South Florida (+10.5) over South Carolina (9:30 p.m.)

Mr. IWS
Trace Adams

500* - Eastern Michigan Eagles I realize that the Eagles are a winless 0-10 this season, and I also realize that they have been manhandled a-plenty this season, but I will back them tonight to cover this number at Toledo.

My feeling is Toledo will NOT get on top of this impost!

The Rockets have lost 3 in a row both straight up, and against the spread, and senior QB Aaron Opelt is doubtful with a shoulder injury, and you saw what happened last night when Oklahoma State had to use their backup QB's against Colorado as the heavy chalk!

Toledo has failed their last 3 this season when laying the wood, and this wood is more like a cord of wood tonight for the Rockets to cover.

The Eagles have tonight, and next week at Akron now standing between them and a winless season. Expect the best effort the Eagles can muster in order to avoid the season collar.

Take the points.

500? - Eastern Michigan Eagles

Interesting number tonight, as on the surface the Aggies sure look like a "live dog", as the Aggies do bring in an 11-2-1 spread mark their last 14 on line, and a 7-0-1 spread mark their last 8 tries in the underdog role!

The problem is, Boise State is not likely to let up here, as the # 6 Broncos know they are probably on the outside looking in as far as the BCS talks are concerned. Here is a chance for the Broncs to put a licking on a "decent" opponent to impress the pollsters, and I don't think they will fail.

Boise State is 8-3-1 against the spread their last 12 times laying 20-points or more, and they just covered a 32-point impost last week against Idaho.

Yes, this impost does leave plenty of back door room for the host, but Boise is a perfect 7-0 straight up since 1999 versus the Agggies, and 6-0-1 against the spread in those 7 meetings.

Boise delivers the KO punch tonight in Logan.

1000? - Boise State Broncos

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 03:34 PM
BlacK Widow

6* Widow Wise guy CFB F riday Night "Total" BLOW OUT on EMU/Toledo OVER 64(-110 at betus)

This is a big total, but it won't be a problem for EMU and Toledo to reach the OVER when this one is all said and done. EMU gives up 38.4 points/game for the season, including a ridiculous 48.2 points/game on the road. Toledo gives up 39.3 points/game this season, but they are putting up 31.0 points/game at home. Look for Toledo to put up nearly 50 points in this one and EMU to top 25 points in what is an inevitable shootout. The last meeting in Toledo saw 80 combined points with a 52-28 Toledo victory. Toledo is 24-8 OVER (+15.2 Units) in home games since 1992. The Rockets are 15-3 OVER (+11.7 Units) in home games after playing their last game on the road since 1992. Take the OVER 64 points.

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Teddy Covers

Toledo -16

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Kelso:
5 units Utah State +23
4 units Bowling Green -10.5
3 units Eastern Michigan +16.5

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 03:35 PM
ATS Lock

4unit utah st

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Stan Sharp | NBA Sides Fri, 11/20/09 - 8:35 PM !double-dime bet 515 CHL 3.5 (-110) Bodog vs 516 MIL Analysis: Stan is Betting CHARLOTTE. Stan notes that even though Charlotte is on a losing streak they have been very competitive in recent games. Milwaukee has been winning against lesser foes. I am betting Charlotte tonight plus the points as I actually have them winning outright. TAKE CHARLOTTE as STAN'S NBA WISE GUY GAME OF THEWEEK and make them a DOUBLE DIME PLAY.

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Anthony Redd
5-Dime Bobcats

Mr. IWS
Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

BOWLING GREEN -10

For a number of different reasons I believe the value in this matchup is on Bowling Green:

The Zips can only look forward instead of pointing fingers and looking back. Akron jumped out to a 17-7 lead over Temple, but allowed the Owls to score 49 unanswered points en route to a 56-17 win. With several players sidelined due to injuries and numerous inexperienced players forced to take the field, the Zips fell victim to a lack of depth and I'm expecting a similar collapse this evening.

The Zips have had to play quarterback roulette with the senior starter being dismissed from the team and the No. 2 sidelined with an anterior cruciate ligament injury.

Akron has been decent against the pass so far, but is going to have its hands full with Freddie Barnes; the BGSU star leads the country with 117 receptions and ranks second with 1,285 yards receiving.

Not only is Akron 1-7 SU its last eight, its also 2-6 ATS its last eight and a horrible 2-5 ATS its last seven on the road.

On the other side of the field:

With two games remaining in the regular season, Bowling Green is in position to have a winning season and become bowl-eligible.

QB Tyler Sheehan is 298-of-465 passing for 3,189 yards and 19 TD's with only six INT's.

The Falcons had their best defensive effort of the season against Miami on Nov. 12, limiting the RedHawks to 295 yards of total offense, just 36 yards on the ground, and two touchdowns.

Bowling Green is 4-1 SU its last five and is 5-1 ATS its last six vs. Akron.

Bottom line: I expect the Falcons defense to continue to play at the same level and believe that their offense will also continues its effective production; look for BOWLING GREEN to improve to 4-3 ATS vs. conference opponents and for Akron to fall to 2-5 ATS against conference foes.

*9* BOWLING GREEN.

Mr. IWS
Bob Balfe

UTAH STATE +23.5

Utah State has improved a lot on offense since last year and can run the ball very well. Boise does have a good defense and Utah State knows they will need to control the clock by running the ball if they have any shot at winning. I think most people know they have zero shot of winning. Boise has to be getting frustrated as they win big each week, but will not climb too much higher in the polls. I also am not too impressed with this good Broncos Defense the last two weeks and they have let up a good number of points. This is a type of game that will move fast. Look for Utah State to do just enough to cover this number in their final home game of the year. Take Utah State.

Mr. IWS
Ron Raymond

MINNESOTA WILD -135

Keys to selection: The Wild got caught in a first game off a long road trip trap vs. Phoenix on Wednesday and they are currently riding a 4 game losing streak. After doing some research, when you have a home favorite at home coming off a 4 game losing streak the last 2 seasons, the home fave (Min) is 42-25 SU in this situation for 62.6%.

Database Tip: When MINNESOTA team played as a home team - Total is 5.5 - Allowed 3 or more goals AGAINST in their last game - Coming off a Home loss as a Favorite; the Wild are 10-1 SU in this situation. Take the Wild.

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Evan Altemus

Magic/Celtics UNDER 192

This total is set at the same level as last season, despite the Celtics having Kevin Garnett back in the line-up. Garnett is essential to the defense and his presence causes games to go well under the total, especially these featured games against the best teams in the NBA. Last season’s playoff series between these two teams had five of seven games go under the total. Orlando will also be without their star point guard Jameer Nelson. He is a huge key to the offense, as everything goes through him on the offensive end. Look for both teams to play great defense, and this game will be played at a slower pace. Take the under.

4 UNIT SELECTION UNDER.

Mr. IWS
Tony George

DENVER NUGGETS -9

Wow, Marcus Camby out for the Clippers. In their last home game they lost to Toronto by 15 points, and the Raptors play NO defense and the Clips managed just 89 points against them. Denver is rolling, the Clippers frontcourt has no answer for a red hot Anthony, and the Nuggets are 12-5 ATS their last 17 against the NBA Pacific division. Denver should roll them big time tonight unless they fail to get off the bus!

Play 1 Unit on Denver…thanks and good luck.

Mr. IWS
Marc Lawrence

BOSTON CELTICS -7

When the Celtics host the Magic in Beantown Friday night they will do so with major revenge on their minds from being bumped from last year's playoffs by Orlando. Meanwhile, Boston has enjoyed great success as a series host, going 30-10 ATS the last 40 games, including 6-0 ATS during the regular season when the Magic arrives off a same season revenge contest. With the Magic in off a revenge win from a 28-point loss they suffered earlier this season against Oklahoma City, look for the Celtics to get theirs here tonight. We recommend a 3-unit play on Boston.

Mr. IWS
Andre Gomes

CHARLOTTE BOBCATS +4.5

The Milwaukee Bucks have been a pleasant surprise early on the season and with a 6-3 record, they have the 5th best record in the Eastern Conference right now, so we got to give some credit to their head coach Scott Skiles. However, this is a tough spot for them, as they will receive a hungry team who will want to snap their 6-game losing streak.

The Bucks have been playing without Michael Redd and their offense was basically carried over by two players: center Andrew Bogut and rookie Brandon Jennings. They badly needed these two players to deliver consistent performances and that has been the case. However, for this contest and for the next 2-4 weeks Bogut will be out and the Australian has been having a stellar season by averaging 16.2 points per game, while shooting a whopping mark of 56.5% from the field. He is also grabbing 9.2 rebounds per game and averaging 1.6 blocks per game. His absence will be dramatic for the Bucks, as they will have for this contest Ersan Ilyasova, Hakim Warrick and Dan Gadzuric and these players are far from the level of Bogut. Brandon Jennings had the attention of the media due to his unbelievable performance last week against the Warriors, in which he scored 55 points, while shooting 23-34 from the field. Nevertheless, I want to remember that only a team like the Warriors who doesn’t know what the word “defense” means would allow him to score 55 points. Note that in the Bucks last game, the Nets did a good job in limiting Jennings, as he ended the game with 19 points (6-13 FG), while committing the same numbers of assists and turnovers: 9!

Meanwhile, the Bobcats are 0-6 in their last 6 games and SF Stephen Jackson has already played two games for the Bobcats. Curiously despite not having good performances in those games, the Bobcats were competitive in both contests, as they lost by 6 points in Orlando and in their last game, they lost in Philadelphia by just 2 points, in a game that they were leading by 84-83 with 30 seconds to go. I expect head coach Larry Brown to bring an assertive game plan to stop Jennings and the superior size of the Bobcats will cause some damages in the undernamed Bucks team.

This is a classic case of one team who is playing above their expectations against a hungry team. In my opinion both teams have legit chances to win this ball game and I believe that the Bobcats have a clear shot in here. Since we are able to get 4.5 points in here, I’m gladly taking the Bobcats tonight in this contest.

Pick: 3 units (Single Dime Play) on 515 Charlotte Bobcats

Mr. IWS
Spartan

UTAH STATE +24

Likely going against the herd here as the public loves Boise State and many anticipate a blow out victory here for the Broncos. I realize Boise State is off a blow out victory over Idaho but guys that team also allowed Idaho to rack up over 500 yards of total offense. Utah State is a very well coached team that also has a very respectable offense, they currently are ranked 20th in the land in total offense and they are catching Boise State in their own place in the national spotlight. Broncos are over valued here in my opinion and I look for Utah State to finish this thing within the number.

Mr. IWS
Lenny Del Genio

OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER -2.5

We're excited about this Oklahoma City team. After last year's 3-29 SU start, they are a respectable 26-36 and have started .500 this season. They have already taken the Lakers to OT, upset the Magic and beat the Spurs when they had both Tim Duncan and Tony Parker in the lineup. Washington just won for the first time in seven games and is in an obvious letdown spot here after beating the Cavs Wednesday night. They are 17-38-2 ATS when playing with one or less days rest. The addition of Maurice Cheeks to the Thunder coaching staff has been a big plus. So too has been the improved bench play to go along with stars Durant, Green and Westbrook. This is now a top-eight defense. The last two seasons, the Wizards are 3-18 ATS when taking or getting less than three points. Take Oklahoma City.

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Karl Garrett 11/20

20 DIMER - BOISE STATE BRONCOS

On the surface this looks like an "inflated" number against a Utah State team that has some offense, and should be able to trade points for a while with the yielding Broncos.

Still, my money is on Boise to handle matters on the road, as the Broncs have done a nice job when laying the big wood recently, sporting an 8-3-1 mark as a favorite of 20-points or more their last 12 tries.

Boise State is playing for a spot in a BCS bowl game, and there has been plenty of talk that they are not worthy of a spot based on some of their wins showing the opposition with big chunks of yards.

My gut tells me the public will jump all over this "inflated" price, but in the end Boise will cover this impost.

The Broncos are 7-0 straight up the last 7 series meetings, and have gone 6-0-1 against the spread in that span.

Make it 8-0, and 7-0-1 boys!

10 DIMER - BOSTON CELTICS

1st meeting since Orlando took out Boston in a 7th game blowout last May in the postseason, and I am liking the Celtics to get some regular season revenge.

Boston has been slumping, splitting their last 6 straight up, while going just 1-6 against the spread in their last 7 games, but Orlando is now without Jameer Nelson, and the Magic are definitely going to miss his presence tonight.

Orlando is just 5-14 against the spread their last 19 in Beantown, and the host is on a 25-12 spread run the last 27 series meetings.

Boston rights their ship with the cover tonight.

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 04:36 PM
VR
2*Akron+11

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Seabass CFB 50 UT State
100 Steam Bowling Green

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Savannah Sports

Todays Selections
NCAA Football
2 (**) Akron +10.5

NFL Football
PASS

Professional Plays
Eric Degarde
Todays Selections
NBA Basketball
4 (****) Oklahoma City Under 196

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 04:58 PM
ATS Lock Club

4 Utah St
3 BG under

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Dave Malinsky 11/20

Top of the Ticket - Side

Charlotte Bobcats(+3.5) over MILWAUKEE BUCKS

4* #515 CHARLOTTE over MILWAUKEE

There is not a more meaningless W/L record in the NBA than the 6-3 opening of the Bucks, particularly in light of the team that will take the court tonight. But in installing them as this level of favorite the markets are trying to say that there is some merit to the record, and that gives us an excellent opportunity to step in. First, note that it has been one of the best season-opening schedules ever for Scott Skiles and his team. There have been wins against bottom feeders like the Timberwolves, Knicks, Warriors and Nets, and while there was an upset of Denver on this court, note that the Nuggets were simply gassed, playing the last leg of a six game/nine day road trip. And making things even easier for the Bucks is the fact that the last five games have all been at home. But the team that takes the court tonight is extremely limited. Michael Redd will not return until early next week; Andrew Bogut is out for as long as a month, after getting off to the best start of his career (16.1 points and 9.2 rebounds in 33.6 minutes per game); and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute has not practiced since Monday?s loss to Dallas, and is wearing a walking boot. The remaining pieces lack talent and chemistry, with no offensive post presence from Kurt Thomas or Dan Gadzuric, and with Larry Brown slowing this to a half-court affair, it takes away the chances for Brandon Jennings to shift to a higher gear. A favorite with this little talent and this little chemistry will be extremely vulnerable against a savvy and well-coached underdog. After getting a practice in with his new teammates on Tuesday, Stephen Jackson responded with 26 points, five assists and three steals on Wednesday at Philadelphia, but the rest of the team misfired in that loss to the 76ers in the closing seconds. Now they have had multiple practices with the new faces on hand, and there is little in the way of them grinding out a methodical outright win in this setting.

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 06:05 PM
CHRIS JORDON
3* CORNELL (cbb)

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Sammy Jankus Reverse Barometer

South Dakota State vs Purdue 8:30 PM ET

3* (577) SOUTH DAKOTA STATE (+20)

Seriously, South Dakota State has a basketball team? Since when? I know all about Purdue: unanimous preseason Top 10 national ranking and the odds-on favorite to win the Big 10 title. The Boilermakers have had a week off after smashing CS Northridge by 25 points and should barely break a sweat trouncing tonight’s sacrificial opponent in this year’s Paradise Jam. I think Purdue will serve up some ROAST JACKRABBIT in a 40-point win here– so your play (and I feel guilty doing this to you) is on SOUTH DAKOTA STATE.

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Jim Feist's Friday Night NBA TV Tripleheader!

NBA (505) CLEVELAND CAVALIERS VS (506) INDIANA PACERS
Take: 1-Star over the total.

Reason: Without Shaquille O'Neal and Anderson Varejao, the Cavs were burned on the interior all night in a loss at Washington. That's nothing new, as Cleveland is not playing any defense, allowing 104, 103, 108 and 108 points the last four games. They are on a 5-0 run over the total. At least the offense has plenty of weapons to call on in Mo Williams, J.J. Hickson and LeBron James. The Cavs were hammered on the boards, losing by a 14-rebound margin as Washington piled up 19 second-chance points. The Wizards, taking advantage of the situation, got to the foul line 35 times. They face another team that likes an uptempo pace, with Indiana averaging 100 ppg. They've scored 108, 113 and 110 points in three of their last four games, and the 113 points was against the Celtics. They feed off the inside energy of workhorse Danny Granger. Have to look for an offensive show in this one, play the Cavaliers/Pacers Over the total.

11/20 05:05 PM NBA (509) ORLANDO MAGIC VS (510) BOSTON CELTICS
Take: 2-Star (509) ORLANDO MAGIC

Reason: A marquee game, a pair of powerhouses that met in the playoffs in May. Stan Van Gundy said this week that his negativity was "draining the enthusiasm" from his team. He vowed to change his tactics, showing what a good communicator he is. Players appreciate when coaches adjust or ask for feedback and it can pay dividends on the court. They are 9-3 SU, 7-5 ATS. They are one of the few teams that have big men that can match up with Boston. The Celtics have been inconsistent, preferring to outscore teams rather than focus on defense too often. That cost them in back to back losses to Atlanta and Indiana. The talent is there, but not always the focus. The Celtics are on a 2-7 ATS run, as well. "It's a big game for us," Orlando's Rashard Lewis said. "We're playing against one of the best teams in the NBA. I think it's a statement game, just like the Cleveland Cavaliers game was a statement game. They came in and beat us. It's going to be tough going into Boston, but at the same time, I think we're going to see where we're at." Look for a fierce game from both sides and a close one, and the visitors have enough talent and offensive firepower to keep this close. Play the Magic!

11/20 07:35 PM NBA (517) DENVER NUGGETS VS (518) LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS
Take: 3-Star (517) DENVER NUGGETS

Reason: Denver is 8-3 with a sizzling offense, averaging 108 ppg. They got added depth this week when veteran Anthony Carter returned to the Nuggets' lineup. Carmelo Anthony scored 32 points in 30 minutes and reserve J.R. Smith had 29, leading the Nuggets past the Raptors 130-112 on Tuesday. Denver coach George Karl said this was the best passing game his team has had so far, and it showed in the paint, where the Nuggets outscored the Raptors 68-36. They also just whipped another team from LA, the Lakers, 105-79! Now they take on a depleted Clipper team going nowhere, a dysfunctional, unhappy group. They dropped to 4-8 with a defeat against Hornets and, even worse, absorbed another major injury, as Kareem Rush suffered a torn knee ligament. It was a subdued Clippers locker room. They were out-hustled and out-rebounded by the Hornets by a substantial margin (51-36), and often appeared clueless on defense. That's not a team you want to back, one on a 1-5 SU/ATS run. Play the Nuggets.

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Mike Lineback 11/20

Premium Selections

[515] 4* Charlotte Bobcats +3.5 -110 | 8:30p ET

[517-518] 4* Denver Nuggets/LA Clippers OVER 206.5 -110 | 10:30p ET

Mr. IWS
Mr. East 11/20

MREAST NCAAB FRIDAY SCORCHER

#529 SETAN HALL PIRATES @ #530 CORNELL BIG RED 7:00PM EST
PLAY ON CORNELL BIG RED -3 -110 FOR 4 UNITS

The Ivy League used to be all about Penn and Princeton, but things have changed in the last few year's as the Cornell Big Red, is just that big. The Big Red appear to be the likely winner of the Ivy for the 3rd straight year, and actually do some damage in the NCAA Tournament. Cornell not only brings back all 5 starters, they have the luxary of 2 Div-1 transfers on the roster as well. The wealth of talent is so great they have the top 3 contenders for Ivy Player of the Year honors. The transfers are from Kentucky and Umass, and all it will do is add great depth to an already stacked team. The Big Red has already knocked off Umass, and Alabama, and Setan Hall will not stand in their way to a 3-0 start. Cornell with the win and cover.

Mr. IWS
MREAST NCAAB FRIDAY SCORCHER

#529 SETAN HALL PIRATES @ #530 CORNELL BIG RED 7:00PM EST
PLAY ON CORNELL BIG RED -3 -110 FOR 4 UNITS

The Ivy League used to be all about Penn and Princeton, but things have changed in the last few year's as the Cornell Big Red, is just that big. The Big Red appear to be the likely winner of the Ivy for the 3rd straight year, and actually do some damage in the NCAA Tournament. Cornell not only brings back all 5 starters, they have the luxary of 2 Div-1 transfers on the roster as well. The wealth of talent is so great they have the top 3 contenders for Ivy Player of the Year honors. The transfers are from Kentucky and Umass, and all it will do is add great depth to an already stacked team. The Big Red has already knocked off Umass, and Alabama, and Setan Hall will not stand in their way to a 3-0 start. Cornell with the win and cover.

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Malinsky

4* Akron Pk
6* BCollege -8
4* Syracuse/Carolina Under 161
4* EMU/Toledo Under 65.5

Mr. IWS
11-20-2009, 06:27 PM
MR EAST

5 units under BG
5 units over boise