Jones -290

1 unit

GL ::handshake::

zY|
11-30-2009, 02:35 AM
Good luck to us both.

Mr. IWS
11-30-2009, 08:35 AM
GL man, I may be joining you. This goes off this afternoon right?

Luke
11-30-2009, 10:56 AM
GL man, I may be joining you. This goes off this afternoon right?

My book says 3am Dec 2nd so I'm guessing thats 3am Tues night ::handshake::

Mr. IWS
11-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Ill be on Jones as well. Not sure what like I can get until I get home tonight.

Luke
11-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Ill be on Jones as well. Not sure what like I can get until I get home tonight.

I got -290 but -300 is everywhere .That should be the line -300

Mr. IWS
11-30-2009, 04:19 PM
I always get good lines from my guy on boxing/mma, usually 20-30 bucks better either way. He is trying to get more guys betting on combat sports.

Mr. IWS
11-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Hopkins is fighting here tommorow too.

You see a line on that one? There is no way Hopkins is gonna set up a fight with a guy in his home town, that he cant beat.

My guy dont have anything on it.

Luke
11-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Hopkins is fighting here tommorow too.

You see a line on that one? There is no way Hopkins is gonna set up a fight with a guy in his home town, that he cant beat.

My guy dont have anything on it.

Hopkins fights Wed and its on Versus .

I havent seen line but I'd guess it would be -800 to -1000 if there was one

SPX
11-30-2009, 11:41 PM
I'll play.

Took Jones for 3.5u @ -315 to win 1.11u.

Luke
11-30-2009, 11:58 PM
I'll play.

GL SPX

It should be a boring one sided fight ::handshake::

zY|
12-01-2009, 12:10 AM
I'll play.

GL SPX

It might be onesided, but I think it will be anything but boring.

Luke
12-01-2009, 12:15 AM
I'll play.

GL SPX

I think Jones will hit Green at will .Green will miss all night .I dont think there will be any knockdowns in the fight and Roy will only engage enough to win and not get caught.

To me thats a boring fight but its the kind I want to be on when betting

Why do you think it will be exciting? I am not even going to watch it because its at 3am

zY|
12-01-2009, 12:49 AM
GL SPX

I think Jones will hit Green at will .Green will miss all night .I dont think there will be any knockdowns in the fight and Roy will only engage enough to win and not get caught.

Why do you think it will be exciting? I am not even going to watch it because its at 3am

I dunno I just like watching Roy Jones outclass guys.

I was at his last fight live and it was awesome.

SPX
12-01-2009, 01:28 AM

Agreed. I don't like a lot of excitement when I got money on the line.

I'll say this shit: When I have money on a fight everything seems exaggerated. Like a fighter I'm betting on will get hit and I'll be like, FUCK! HE GOT TAGGED! FIGHT BACK, FUCKER! And then the next day I'll watch the fight again and it wasn't nearly as bad as it seemed at the time.

Luke
12-01-2009, 03:02 AM

Agreed. I don't like a lot of excitement when I got money on the line.

I'll say this shit: When I have money on a fight everything seems exaggerated. Like a fighter I'm betting on will get hit and I'll be like, FUCK! HE GOT TAGGED! FIGHT BACK, FUCKER! And then the next day I'll watch the fight again and it wasn't nearly as bad as it seemed at the time.

::lmao::

I'm the exact same way .

Mr. IWS
12-01-2009, 11:25 AM
I just locked in RJJ at -290.

GL to all of us.

Luke
12-01-2009, 01:15 PM

GL to all of us.

::handshake::

SPX
12-01-2009, 04:24 PM

GL to all of us.

Yep, goodluck to us all. If this ship somehow sinks then we all sink with it. I think this may be the first time we've all been on the same fight.

zY|
12-01-2009, 04:42 PM

GL to all of us.

Yep, goodluck to us all. If this ship somehow sinks then we all sink with it. I think this may be the first time we've all been on the same fight.

Well, it's Roy Jones vs who? at not terrible odds.

I've got 3.5u on this as well.

Luke
12-01-2009, 06:10 PM

GL to all of us.

Honestly I think it is .Well we'll see if thats a good thing after tonight ::handshake::

zY|
12-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Oh shit it's tonight? Crept up on me.

Mr. IWS
12-01-2009, 06:28 PM
anyone staying up/getting up to watch?

I might get up and check it out.

Luke
12-01-2009, 06:32 PM
anyone staying up/getting up to watch?

I might get up and check it out.

I might stay up and watch it,not sure yet

Luke
12-01-2009, 06:33 PM
I might say screw it and go to bed . The books have it going off at 3am but if its like most fights then it will be closer to 4am or 5am

Luke
12-01-2009, 10:34 PM
FYI

5dimes doesnt close down their odds for 7 more hours on this fight meaning 5am .I'm not staying up to watch it

Mr. IWS
12-02-2009, 08:15 AM
All I can say is Wow.

SPX
12-02-2009, 10:03 AM
http://libertyboy.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/sinking_ship.jpg

SPX
12-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Biggest bet I've ever lost.

Mr. IWS
12-02-2009, 10:59 AM

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you lose?

Mr. IWS
12-02-2009, 11:00 AM
n/m, I see you went 3.5 units.

Tough loss for all of us to wake up too.

SPX
12-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Before tonight the biggest loss I had on a single fight was 2.5u on Cantwell.

zY|
12-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Haha epic.

SPX
12-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Puts me down about 5u overall. I swear to God, every time I start creeping back up and getting close to even, some bullshit happens to knock me back down. Happens EVERY FUCKING TIME.

zY|
12-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Puts me down about 5u overall. I swear to God, every time I start creeping back up and getting close to even, some bullshit happens to knock me back down. Happens EVERY FUCKING TIME.

O-o-O-o-O-ohhh child, things are gonna get easier. ::thumbup::

Luke
12-02-2009, 01:04 PM
I just looked at the results when someone reminded me at work

You got to be kidding KTFO in the first round

What a bum.

Maybe he took a dive in this one to make Green look good in his own country ,I'll have to watch it first.

God I'm glad I didnt stay up for this shit

Sorry guys I never, ever thought this would happen.I ahvent been this wrong on a boxing match in a while

0-1 -290 :burn:

Luke
12-02-2009, 01:06 PM

I'm sorry man .I promise you we'll get it back plus more just on boxing bets ::handshake::

SPX
12-02-2009, 01:09 PM
I just looked at the results when someone reminded me at work

You got to be kidding KTFO in the first round

According to what I read he was still on his feet but the ref stopped it. Made me wonder about hometown reffing. But I haven't seen the fight.

Sorry guys I never, ever thought this would happen.I ahvent been this wrong on a boxing match in a while

Oh, it's all good. You weren't the only one who suggested the bet anyway.

Luke
12-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Anyone got a link to the joke so I can take a look at it?

zY|
12-02-2009, 01:12 PM
I looked up this thread first, and saw the Titanic and started laughing. It's either that or cry I guess.

zY|
12-02-2009, 01:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfkXMFUuWm8

I don't even want to watch it.

SPX
12-02-2009, 01:20 PM
I looked up this thread first, and saw the Titanic and started laughing. It's either that or cry I guess.

Pretty much. First thing I did when I woke up this morning was get on my computer and search for "Roy Jones" in Google News. Then I saw the headline.

Luke
12-02-2009, 01:41 PM

I just watched it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oud8CxDuUOg

Some things look fishy to me about this fight .I just watched it about 20 times

The punch a right hand the hit around his ear didnt look that bad.Jones looked more like he took a knee and fell to the floor than got knocked down. When you get knocked down your body goes limp there are no knees that break your fall,you fall flat on your face.

Another thing is Roy has fought for 20 years as a pro and know exactly what to do after a knockdown(tie up). When he got up he never tried to tie Green up he just covered up and let Green hit him. Jones had plenty of opportunities to tie Green up because most of the time he was hitting him at a distance.

You cant tell me the ref didnt warn Roy a couple times before stopping it to show him something and Roy didnt throw one punch from the time of the knockdown to the stoppage.

Roy wasnt stumbling and didnt look hurt when the fight was stopped he was just standing there taking punches that werent hurting him

Watch the fight close after the knockdown all the punches Green throws are blocked by Roy ,none of them did any damage.

Jones didnt complain about the stoppage that right there seems funny itself.

I'm not crying fix because I'm not even mad about losing this fight but it does seem funnny Roy went overseas for the first time ever and made this guy a rockstar in his own country without even looking like he broke a sweat

Mr. IWS
12-02-2009, 01:41 PM

That titanic pic that SPX threw up was kind of funny, all things considered.

Luke
12-02-2009, 01:43 PM

I went to boxrec this morning and looked it up and was like WTF you got to be kidding.

Luke
12-02-2009, 01:43 PM
I wonder if Jones will still fight Hopkins in the battle of the AARP club

Luke
12-02-2009, 01:53 PM

I just watched it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oud8CxDuUOg

Some things look fishy to me about this fight .I just watched it about 20 times

The punch a right hand the hit around his ear didnt look that bad.Jones looked more like he took a knee and fell to the floor than got knocked down. When you get knocked down your body goes limp there are no knees that break your fall,you fall flat on your face.

Another thing is Roy has fought for 20 years as a pro and know exactly what to do after a knockdown(tie up). When he got up he never tried to tie Green up he just covered up and let Green hit him. Jones had plenty of opportunities to tie Green up because most of the time he was hitting him at a distance.

You cant tell me the ref didnt warn Roy a couple times before stopping it to show him something and Roy didnt throw one punch from the time of the knockdown to the stoppage.

Roy wasnt stumbling and didnt look hurt when the fight was stopped he was just standing there taking punches that werent hurting him

Watch the fight close after the knockdown all the punches Green throws are blocked by Roy ,none of them did any damage.

Jones didnt complain about the stoppage that right there seems funny itself.

I'm not crying fix because I'm not even mad about losing this fight but it does seem funnny Roy went overseas for the first time ever and made this guy a rockstar in his own country without even looking like he broke a sweat

Maybe I'm crazy and Roy just got KTFO but it just doenst look right to me.

You know kind of like Elin took a golf club and busted the back window of Tigers car to pull a 220 pound man out it instead of just opening the driver side door

SPX
12-02-2009, 02:03 PM

This is what I thought. He was covered up didn't seem to be in any real trouble. And why the hell he didn't attempt to fight back I have no idea.

SPX
12-02-2009, 02:05 PM
That titanic pic that SPX threw up was kind of funny, all things considered.

I looked through several. Had to find JUST the right one to describe the situation. . .

Mr. IWS
12-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Roy looked like he was rocked off that knockdown, and never recovered.

After he finally got the tie up, he was wobbled when he backed up, and couldnt get his shit together in time.

$290 :burn:

SPX
12-02-2009, 02:25 PM
I wish the ref would've at least given him to the end of the round so he could regroup.

Fucking shit.