PDA

View Full Version : snow days

HUSKERPOWER
12-09-2009, 05:18 PM
i live in NE and we just got hit with a big ole fricking winter storm, just a week ago it was 50 degrees. now we have 10-12 inches of snow on the ground, last night winds were gusting up over 50 mph i have drifts in my driveway 3-4 ft tall and drifts on the side of my house atleast 5 feet tall. i didnt go to work today or yesterday, snow days cuz school was cancelled my 6 year old loves it though. we dont have a 4x4,(usually u dont need one it only snows big like this 1 or 2 times a year) which the main roads they got them plowed good but the neighborhoods are disaster areas, we used to have a jeep cherokee i would fly through the snow now my wife has a chrysler pacifica and a got a VW passat neither all wheel drive i got stuck 3 different times, got back home and am not leaving again until the streets are plowed. just blowing off a little steam bitching here.... i dont know if anyone else is getting this storm but its heading across the middle of the country today( might be heading your way luke) it is a really big storm so be careful its a no joke storm

had some good sleeding though, there is a HUGE hill that we hit when it snows like this, makes u want a 4x4 really bad might think about it next time we get a new car again, we only use the 4x4 once or twice a year though

fucking snow

just a side note dide everyone notice N SUH got invited to NY for the heisman trophy ceremony he wont win it but its cool a DE is being invited and there is a lot of people on ESPN that even have him #1 on their lists im calling it watch hell end up 2nd or 3rd hell surprise some people with how high he gets voted in
SUH 4 heisman
SU

Mr. IWS
12-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Would love to see Suh win it.

We got a ton of rain here today. It took me almost 2 hours to get to work, when it usually takes me 40 minutes.

Luke
12-09-2009, 07:33 PM
The wind has been blowing 40+ mph here for the last two days. No snow yet though

HUSKERPOWER
12-09-2009, 09:24 PM
they just cancelled school again 3rd straight day its not snowing anymore here, i think this day maybe is for the cold and the neighborhoods are in such bad shape if you didnt have 4x4 today it was almost impossible to get out with the plows going all night its got to get better but at about 6pm tonight we got the automated phone call and email saying no school, and its on the tv crawling across the bottom too, my kid is excited to say the least

12-10-2009, 12:20 AM
I am in NE Indiana and we had blowing snow/rain all day and winds up to 60mph. Not looking forward to winter at all if this is the start of it.

Luke
12-10-2009, 01:24 AM
I am in NE Indiana and we had blowing snow/rain all day and winds up to 60mph. Not looking forward to winter at all if this is the start of it.

We just got what you had Scott. We just got a wind advisory warning and its started snowing .

I hate winter

Mr. IWS
12-10-2009, 08:34 AM
I wish we would get a foot for two of snow. I want some snow days!

HUSKERPOWER
12-20-2009, 03:23 PM
I wish we would get a foot for two of snow. I want some snow days!
arent you in philly didnt you guys just get hammered

Mr. IWS
12-21-2009, 08:38 AM
we got 23 inches, but it all fell Saturday. No snow days for me.

Luke
12-21-2009, 12:28 PM
we got 23 inches, but it all fell Saturday. No snow days for me.

23 inches ::lmao::

we got like 3

666les
12-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Live in central NY adirondack foothills,roads are bare and I rolled down my car window driving to work.Wore sneakers and no jacket. Temp. around 35 no wind. Its an ElNino year and the weekend was a classic NOR'EASTER running up the coast. Sometimes we have 50-60 " by jan 1st but not this year.Count on the weather being unordinary this season.

HUSKERPOWER
12-21-2009, 11:46 PM
heres round 2 MAYBE tuesday night - till christmas we suppose to get ice then snow some models have 12-15 inches here wednesday to cristmas eve we shall see wht happens

HUSKERPOWER
12-23-2009, 09:24 PM
winter storm warning 10-15 inches of snow christnas eve thru christmas we could have 60 mph wind should be frickincrazy might not be able to even make to my parents on christmas , for i dont own a 4X4 we shall see

Luke
12-24-2009, 01:58 PM
winter storm warning 10-15 inches of snow christnas eve thru christmas we could have 60 mph wind should be frickincrazy might not be able to even make to my parents on christmas , for i dont own a 4X4 we shall see

dang man be careful.I really think Id be getting a 4X4

HUSKERPOWER
12-27-2009, 07:46 PM
final tally 13-14 inches of snow i got drifts 5-6 feet tall one of the biggest snows ive ever seen personally it was super cool to happen on christmas eve going into christmas santa still made it to the house though