PDA

View Full Version : 12-19-09

Mr. IWS
12-18-2009, 08:40 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

::handshake::

Mr. IWS
12-18-2009, 09:08 PM
Dr BOB

2* WY +11
2* UCF +3
1* UCF/Rutgers UNDER 44

Mr. IWS
12-19-2009, 07:33 AM
Ben Burns
785 SW Mo 0.0 (-110) Bookmaker.com vs 786 St. Louis
Analysis: I'm playing on MISSOURI STATE.
10* Top Non-Conf. Rivalry Game

Mr. IWS
12-19-2009, 07:33 AM
lang
Saturday's Selections ...

40 DIME - NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - (if 7 1/2 you buy the 1/2, and lay 7. Never get beat by the hook) - The nightmare gets worse for the Cowboys tonight.

This Dallas team is going down in history as one of the worst December teams ever in the NFL.

First let's start with 3-15-2 ATS their last 20 games played in this month, including 0-2 already this year with the loss at New York against the Giants, and last week at home to the Chargers.

Let me also point out they are 3-10 ATS last 13 on the road.

The biggest thing that now jumps out at me about this football team is the fact they have only beaten one team this year with a winning record and that was Eagles 20-16 when Philly wasn't playing very well.

They have had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL this year, and for them to struggle the way they have going 8-5 SU and 6-7 ATS is insane. This is an overrated football team that has imploded on the road this year.

Yes, they beat the Bucs to open the year on the road, the aforementioned Eagles and the Chiefs - a game they should of lost before just getting by in OT.

Other than that, they have been flat out embarrassing.

Terrible effort at Green Bay in a horrific offense display 17-7. At Denver 17-10, and the implosion 2 weeks ago at New York against the Giants.

Now they have to travel on a short week to take on the best team in the NFC that has waited 2 weeks to get back home and hammer somebody after 2 lackluster efforts on the road at Washington and Atlanta.

This is going to be a long night for the Dallas defense.

In their 6 home games this year they have been flat out dominante, winning by margins of 18, 14, 21, 8, 10 and 21.

Inside those wins you will see the Jets and the # 1 defense in the league lose 24-10, the Giants 48-29 and lastly the Patriots 38-17. They did have Atlanta down 23-9 at the start of the second half before falling asleep at the wheel, and allowing the Falcons to make a game of it.

The Dallas Cowboys just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and if you think Tony Romo is going to have a great day, he needs to call Tom Brady and have a quick conversation based on what happen to Tom Terrific a couple of Mondays ago.

I have no reservations whatsoever laying this number in what I feel will be a double digit win by the Saints, and a game I feel will go just about the same way the Patriots game did and that is a 3 touchdown blowout.

10 DIME - WYOMING COWBOYS - Just don't trust Fresno State laying double digits in a bowl game.

You look at this team as a bowl favorite and you will see lack of effort every time.

In their 3 roles as a favorite they were beaten 40-35 last year by Colorado State as a 2 1/2 point favorite, in 2005 lost to Tulsa 31-24 as a 7 point favorite, and in 2000 they lost to Air Force 37-34 as a 4 1/2 point favorite.

Hard motivating kids to play a bowl game when they had bigger plans when the season started, and they go play in New Mexico against a team like Wyoming.

As for the Cowboys, they have played hard all year long as since the 4th week of the season only 3 teams have beaten them by more than 10 points and that was Utah, BYU and TCU. Not exactly 3 bad teams to get beat by.

This Wyoming team will play this game like it's their Super Bbowl, will clearly have more motivation and will be glad to be here.

I am going to grab the double digits with the team that has gone a very nice 8-3 ATS this year and look to cash in with them one more time.

10 DIME - GONZAGA BULLDOGS - I will gladly look to cash in on this inflated Duke public line all day long.

Across the board I can't think of a team that matches up this good with Duke, and won't be intimidated by playing at Madison Square Garden.

Only two teams have beaten the 'Zags this year, and that was Wake Forest by 2, and Michigan State by 4. That is how competitive this Gonzaga team has been.

Duke is Duke, and they are crusing along with just 1 loss this year and that was at Wisconsin and although I know the 'Zags have to play great basketball to win this game outright, they most certainly match up well with the Blue Devils in what I feel will be a fantastic game wire to wire.

There is value with the Bulldogs here, and the public continues to have a fantastic fascination with the Dookies and because of that, I will gladly grab the line value with the 'Zags in a game I feel goes right down to the wire.

Mr. IWS
12-19-2009, 08:39 AM
dr bob
Wyoming 28 Fresno St. (-11.0) 31 (at New Mexico)
01:30 PM Pacific, 19-Dec-09

I'll take Wyoming in a 2-Star Best Bet at +10 points or more and for 3-Stars at +12 points or more. I'll also lean Over (55) at 56 points or lower.

Central Florida 20 Rutgers (-2.5) 19 (at St. Petersburg Bowl)
05:00 PM Pacific, 19-Dec-09
I lean with UCF as an underdog and I also lean with the Under (44) at 41 points or higher.

I'd consider UCF a Strong Opinion as a dog if it is announced that Brown will not play and as a 2-Star Best Bet at +3 or more if Brown is out.

Middle Tenn 28 Southern Miss (-3.5) 30 (at New Orleans Bowl)
05:30 PM Pacific, 20-Dec-09
I'll lean with Middle Tennessee at +3 points or more and I have no opinion on the total.

wayneschultz
12-19-2009, 10:42 AM
Seen root's picks yet?

stephen6432
12-19-2009, 10:43 AM
he will post when he gets it.

Mr. IWS
12-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Scott spreitzer

3*.....north carolina +7

from
nc sports

sunday
nfl

private players hot line play......ravens

comp total ...pow
seattle/t.bay...under 39

Mr. IWS
12-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Guaranteed Pick: Ben Burns

Game: North Carolina at Texas Dec 19 2009 2:00PM
Prediction: Texas
Reason: I'm laying the points with TEXAS. We don't find the Tar Heels as this big an underdog very often - particularly on a "neutral court" vs. a non-conference opponent. That will have many quick to "grab the points" here. However, Texas is no ordinary non-conf. opponent (Longhorns are 9-0 and among the best teams in the country) and this isn't exactly a "neutral" court. Indeed, its being played at Cowboys Stadium. Naturally, the Longhorns will have the fully support of the crowd. Those backing UNC will point to the fact that the Longhorns have prepared for this game by playing a few cupcakes. That's only partly true though. Yes, the Longhorns' last few opponents have been very weak. However, prior to that, they'd faced the likes of Iowa, Pittsburgh, USC and Rice. While none of those teams are as talented as UNC, they're still not 'cupcakes.' NONE of them have been able to compete with what Texas brings to the table. Indeed, the Longhorns have won every single game by double-digits. Overall, they're outscoring opponents by a whopping 85.4 to 53.8 margin. Texas is shooting 51.9%. Opponents are shooting 31.6%. While the Longhorns may have tuned up for this game with a few weaklings, at least they've been playing. UNC has only played one game since losing at Kentucky on December 5th. That was against Presbyterian - hardly an opponent at all. The Tar Heels are 1-2 SU/ATS the last three times that they were listed as a "neutral court" underdog in the +6.5 to +9 range. On the other hand, during the same stretch, the Longhorns are 9-4-1 ATS (13-1 SU) when listed as a "neutral court" favorite in the +6.5 to +9 range. The bottom line is that I feel the Longhorns are currently the deeper and stronger team. While the Heels have shown some weaknesses, the Longhorns have dominated all comers. This is their chance to really gain some respect and playing in their home state, on National TV, I look for them to make the most of it. *8

Mr. IWS
12-19-2009, 12:25 PM
ben burns

10* missouri state
9* south alabama
9* bulls
8* texas

Mr. IWS
12-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Wayne Root
VEGAS LEGEND - Northwestern

Millionaire - Notre dame

Billionaire - Georgia

SAT FOOTBALL

Vegas Legend - Central Football

Millionaire - Wyoming

No Limit - Cowboys

Mr. IWS
12-19-2009, 01:00 PM
PPP/Gavazzi

5% ucla
4% west virginia
4% gonzaga
3% butler
3% south alabama
3% arizona st
3% st bonaventure
3% evansville

Mr. IWS
12-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Big AL Roadkill - Seton Hall

Mr. IWS
12-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Larry Ness' 20* Bowl Opener-St Pete Bowl (15-5 CFB run since Nov 20)
My 20* Bowl Opener (St Pete Bowl) is on Central Florida at 8:00 ET. On November 6, 1869 at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, Rutgers beat Princeton 6-4. It was the first-ever intercollegiate game. Rutgers would wait until the 1978 season before its first-ever bowl appearance and then would not make a second one until 2005, current head coach Greg Sciano's fifth season. This year's St Petersburg Bowl appearance by the Scarlet Knights makes it five straight bowl trips for a school which previously made just one bowl appearance from 1869 through 2004. Read that again and then argue AGAINST Greg Schiano! Central Florida did not begin playing competitive football until 1979 and made the transition to Division I in 1996. George O'Leary (disgraced at Notre Dame) took over the program in 2004 and promptly went 0-11. However, his team would rebound the very next season to go 8-4 in the regular season before losing 49-48 in OT to Nevada in a very entertaining Hawaii Bowl. The Knights would fall to 4-8 in 2006 but went 'bowling' again in 2007 (won C-USA title game 44-25 over Tulsa), losing 10-3 in the Liberty Bowl to Miss St while finishing 10-4. It was back to 4-8 for UCF in 2008 but this year, O'Leary's team surprised most by going 8-4 SU and 9-2 ATS. Rutgers will take a three-game bowl winning streak into this game but overall, the team's 2009 season has got to be considered a disappointment. Rutgers got Cincy, Pitt, USF and West Va at home going 1-3 (beat only USF). The Scarlet Knights faced just one bowl team away from home, winning that game 28-24 on an 81-yard TD pass with 22 seconds left (Rutgers had been outgained until that point, 481-241 in yards). The defensive numbers are solid, allowing 15 points or less in seven of 11 games after getting 'spanked' by Cincinnati 47-15 to open the year. Rutgers ranks 19th in YPG (312.2) but the offense is a major question mark. Freshman QB Tom Savage has been erratic all season. Over Rutgers' last three games, he was solid vs Louisville (10-of-16 for 113 yards with one TD and no INTs) but in losses to Syracuse and West Va he completed just 36.4 percent for an average of 109.5 YPG with one TD and four INTs. Don't just blame him. A veteran OL has allowed 39 sacks this year, after Rutgers had allowed just 38 sacks the previous three seasons combined. RB Martinek (923 YR / 4.8 YPC / 9 TDs) is OK but he's no Ray Rice. Freshman WR Sanu has been used lately in the "wildcat" formation and while he had 148 yards rushing and two TDs vs Louisville, that was the EXCEPTION, not the rule. Tim Brown (51 catches / 20.6 YPC / 8 TDs) is a quality WR but he's been downgraded to questionable for this game with an ankle injury. As for UCF, the Knights finished 5-1 SU down the stretch, losing only to No. 2 Texas, in a game which O'Leary rested QB Hodges and RB Harvey. Note that the Knights averaged 38.0 PPG in their last five wins (4-1 ATS), as Hodges threw eight TDs and just four INTs, averaging 261.8 YPG through the air in his last four games. Harvey gained just 519 YR as a freshman but has topped 1,000 yards in 2009 (1,077), surpassing 100 yards five times, including his last three (averaged 132.7 YPG, 5.3 YPC and scored seven TDs). Remember, this is an offense which averaged just 16.6 PPG and 229.5 YPG in 2008. O'Leary has done an excellent job. The defense features a veteran front-seven and finished 4th in the nation in rushing yards allowed (82.5 YPG / 2.6 YPC), behind unbeatens Texas, Alabama and TCU (not bad). Schiano hardly hid Rutgers' displeasure at being "regulated" to this bowl with matters being made worse by it falling in the middle of exams. Meanwhile, UCF would 'LOVE' to get that first bowl win and the school's Orlando campus is just over 100 miles from St Petersburg. Bowl Opener 20* Central Florida.