PDA

View Full Version : 12-22-09

Mr. IWS
12-22-2009, 08:51 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

::handshake::

Mr. IWS
12-22-2009, 02:46 PM
BRANDON LANG

Tuesday's Selections ... NOTE:
Now thats a complete destruction.

Every top play I release in football should be that easy. Seriously, they should all be that easy.

You get on the right side of a game and then watch the team you back, you put your money on, go out and execute their gameplan just as you envisioned it.

Unfortunately, they all can't be that easy because of the stupidity and ignorance of professional athletes who fail to execute the simple things.

I am talking about missed chip shot field goals that cost you, the timely penalty that cost you, the costly interception that bounces off an all pro's hands up 11 at home in the 4th quarter and turns into a pointspread changing INT.

You hear me talking shit about you Antonio Gates? That is twice this year you have buried me with your non-catching ass.

Or how about Kurt Warner, who after the Cardinals get a interception setting up the their offense at the Lions 30 up 17-0 and about to make it 24-0 and game over, he makes a stupid rookie mistake.

He throws to the middle of the field into the end zone never once looking off the safety and the pick 6 for 100 yards the other way gets the Lions back in it and the eventual cover.

Like I said, it's sickening the flat out ignorance of coaches and athletes who you handicap to execute what you have seen them do in the past only to watch them play and coach like they are 3 year olds.

The bottom line is this: I get on more right side of games than wrong but I also seem to get beat in the craziest ways and just when you think you have seen it all in the bad beats category, you have another one you've never seen.

Through it all you just have to maintain some sense of sanity, keep getting on the right side of games and let the chips fall where they may.

I really needed to step it up on Monday night and to cash in 5 of the last 7 feels good but I have to keep this momentum going now. I have to sustain it the rest of the year.

Nobody on this planet knows better than me the importance of finishing 2009 strong and get everything aligned for the most important January of my exsistence.

The biggest publicity campaign of my life to promote my book, the show on Travel Channel and of course Super Bowl winner # 18 in a row.

If I have said it once I've said it a million times, this business is just as much about winning momentum than anything else and off the 30 dime winner on the Giants last night, can't ask for any better momentum than that.

Oh, and one last note before I get to my Oregon State analysis.

Watching the Giants defense, who just got torched for 45 points last week at home versus the Eagles, completely shut down the Redskins offense last night, the same Washington offense that had their with the Saints defense a few weeks back, tell you about the Saints defense folks?

Exactly. If the Cowboys didn't show you just how overrated and overhyped the Saints were last Saturday night just go back to the Washington game for any other reference you need.

Now to bowl winner # 3 in a row with paid and comp plays.

20 DIME - OREGON STATE BEAVERS - Everyone is making such a big deal out of the "Who really wants to be here" card.

Well, I do agree it does apply to some bowl games and most certainly could be mistaken to apply here, but when your head coach is 5-0 SU in bowl games, let's just say he knows how to coach past the "disappointment."

I mean, Mike Riley just showed you what he and his staff can do to pick up the pieces as Oregon State was in this exact situation last year?

At home against Oregon, a win and they are going to the Rose Bowl for the first time since 1964 based on their upset win over Southern Cal earlier in the year, were absolutely destroyed 65-38 and so were any hopes of smelling the roses.

Relegated to the Sun Bowl, you could throw out any "letdown" talk as their defense pitched a shutout and they took care of Pitt 3-0 covering as a 1-point favorite.

Deja vu all over again as history repeated itself this year as a win again would have put them in Pasadena but to no avail as they went down 37-33 to their arch nemesis again and find themselves in the Las Vegas Bowl.

And yes, this loss was much closer than the 27 point blowout last year but the disappointment is exactly the same and I am handicapping this game based on the fact I feel he can coach these kids past the disappointment again this year.

From an X's and O's standpoint, the talent edge is without question on the side of Oregon State and last I checked, they didn't struggle to score 24 points at the New Mexico's of the world nor losing at home to the Florida State's of the world by 54-28.

Nope, all 4 of Oregon State's losses were teams going bowling with 2 of them to teams playing in BCS bowls, Cincinnati and Oregon. Pretty good resume if you ask me.

No doubt BYU is familiar with this venue having played here like 100 times but let's be honest, if I'm a senior and I get stuck in the Las Vegas bowl again, folks I lived in Vegas and trust me, it does get boring after awhile.

I look for Oregon State to do exactly what they do every year under head coach Mike Riley and that is step up and play football in front of a national TV audience and in front of the NFL scouts who will be there.

With the line being this low I am comfortable with the thought the team that wins will probably cover and the team I see winning is the team with more talent and speed and at the pro or college level in any sport, speed kills.

They bounced back last year and I fully expect them to bounce back against this year against a BYU team that has covered just 1 of their last 4 versus the Pac-10.

FREE SELECTION - UAB BLAZERS

Mr. IWS
12-22-2009, 04:40 PM
root

millionaire .............byu

Mr. IWS
12-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Wayne Root

Vegas Legend - Texas

Millionaire - Texas Tech

Billionaire - BYU (Bowl Play)