PDA

View Full Version : 12-25-09

Mr. IWS
12-25-2009, 11:13 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

::handshake::

Mr. IWS
Brandon Lang's Christmas 12/25

Friday's Selections ...
NOTE:

Merry Christmas. Really take a moment and enjoy this day with family and friends. It's what it's all about.

Felt great to kick off this Christmas with the 3-0 sweep last night good for +75 Dimes and even more enjoyable watching a 12 point underdog deliver an emphatic double digit outright win.

Let's see, Wyoming +10 wins outright in OT, and then SMU steps up and destroys Nevada while in between I cash in with Rutgers, and Utah.

You add the total winner and the teaser winner on SMU and Under and it all adds up to a 6-1 bowl start and I am quite confident it's the best record on this site so far.

Today the focus shifts to the NBA and the NFL, and a chance to pick up another 70 dimes of net profit.

Now let me take a second to be perfectly clear about something real quick.

In doing radio early in the week and talking about games, I give out what I feel at the time is the right side but I most certainly always reserve the right to change my opinion.

I was forced to talk about this game in quite a few radio markets and early in the week I talked about the Titans and how they are in a must win and most certainly seemed the right side.

As the week progressed it became clearly to me that the Titans are the wrong side and San diego is the play. A big play.

That is why I always say make sure you check the website for situations like this because as I said above, you want me to talk about games that early in the week, I always reserve the right to change to what I feel is the right side.

And the Chargers are most certainly the right side of this game tonight and a very big right side for me.

50 DIME - SAN DIEGO CHARGERS - (if 3 you buy the 1/2 and get 3 1/2. if 2 1/2 you buy off the 1/2 to 3) - The dream dies today for the Titans.

Listen, it made for a great story for awhile, but the cold harsh reality about this team from the very beginning was they just weren't a playoff caliber team.

Folks, you don't lose a game in the NFL 59-0 and rally to make the playoffs. Not happening. At least not in my lifetime.

In this 7-1 run to get back to 7-7, the Titans have only played 2 teams who currently have a winning record, Indy and Arizona.

The Dolphins, Jags and Texans are all 7-7 while the Niners, Bills and Rams all have losing records.

Their only loss in this run is against the Colts, who just happen to be the # 1 seed and now they are going to fall to the # 2 seed today.

All this talk about a short week, traveling on Christmas is just that, talk.

Fact of the matter is this is the hottest December team I can remember winning 17 in a row, and 12-0 under head coach Norv Turner.

Bottom line is you can see how attractive the 3 1/2 points are to me tonight.

The only teams the Titans have faced this season that have winning marks are New England, Arizona and Indianapolis twice. The Titans got a miracle win over Arizona while going 0-3 straight-up and against the spread against the Colts and Patriots losing by a combined margin of 117-26.

They can beat the also-rans of the NFL, but not the elite as they are going once again fail miserably against the big boys.

Lastly, against the Chargers, Jeff Fisher comes up short every time as he is 0-5 SU and ATS and tonight you can make that 0-6.

Folks, I have a team that has won 9 in a row getting points and that is good enough for me. Win tonight, wrap up the # 2 seed and rest all your banged up players next week at home against the Redskins.

Sounds good to me.

10 DIME - NEW YORK KNICKS - Like the way this team is playing.

They have won 7 of their last 9 SU, and 6 of 9 against the number, and now catch the Heat on Christmas in the good old Garden.

Heat off a solid win at home over the Jazz but folks, the Jazz have a history of imploding on the road.

This is a Heat team that just finished a 6 game home stand and now takes to the road for the first time since December 6th and on Christmas no less.

Sorry folks but just like the Cavs above, I will force these Christmas road teams to show up and play with 60 minutes of intensity when they wish they were at home like everyone else.

Knicks are the play.

10 DIME - LA LAKERS - Tough spot for the Cavs.

Playing on Christmas against this Lakers bunch is tough on anybody but for a team that lost at Dallas on this road trip who were playing without big Dirk, and struggled at Sacramento, I just don't see them staying inside single digits of LA today.

I mean, you can't handle the Kings? You let them take you to OT? Can I trust you in LA on Christmas? Nope.

The Lakers when motivated, and laying a manageable number are a dangerous animal.

In fact, the Lakers have laid 7 or less only twice this year and covered both destroying the Hornets 104-88 and the Suns 121-102.

That is good enough for me.

FREE SELECTION - DENVER NUGGETS

Mr. IWS
Root
Wayne root

vegas legend tennessee titans

mikefortino
12-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Larry Ness 12/25

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REASON FOR PICK: My Game of the Week is on Cleveland at 5:00 ET. The popular opinion is that home teams have an advantage on Christmas Day. That's reflected in the line, which we've seen go up for this game. Keep in mind that visiting teams covered the spread in three of five games last Christmas and that four of five were decided by single-digits. Christmas or otherwise, getting points with the Cavaliers has been a winning proposition. In fact, Cleveland is a perfect 3-0 ATS this season when listed as an underdog and all three games resulted in outright victories. The last time they were underdogs (at Phoenix) they won by 18 points. The Cavaliers have also been excellent on the road. They've won 11 of their last 16 away from Cleveland. The Cavaliers also come in with something to prove. The Lakers beat them both games last season and the Lakers are the champs. They have what the Cavaliers want and Cleveland is anxious to show they can play with and beat the champs. Cleveland has been at its best against winning teams, going 10-2 SU and 9-3 ATS. Conversely, the Lakers are just 5-7 ATS against teams with a winning record. In a game that will likely come right down to the wire and could easily be decided in the final seconds, lets grab the points. *9 Cleveland.

mikefortino
12-25-2009, 11:53 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LARRY NESS

REASON FOR PICK: My Weekly Wipeout is on Tennessee at 7:30 ET. Both teams are off important wins and both need another victory here. The Titans need the game much more though. The Chargers are already in the playoffs while they are not. In addition to being more motivated and playing at home, the Titans have the schedule on their side and the fact that this is a short week works in their favor. The Chargers had to travel from San Diego to get here. The Titans played here last week. Ladanian Tomlinson has had a great career. The Titans boast the much better running game though - as Chris Johnson leads the league with over 1700 rushing yards. The Titans also aren't giving up nearly as much in the passing game as the stats would suggest. Rivers is having a great year but Young is coming off a game which saw him throw three TD passes. He's also the much bigger threat to make plays with his legs. Fisher is arguably the better coach too and he has always excelled at getting his team ready to play for home games against top tier teams. That's demonstrated by the Titans outstanding 17-4-2 ATS record as home favorites of 3 points or less. The Chargers may go far in the playoffs but this is the type of team that is capable of really giving them trouble. Look for them to to control the line of scrimmage with Johnson delivering another 100+ yards on the ground and the Titans earning the critical win and cover. *8 Tennessee

Mr. IWS
12-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Handicapper: Ben Burns
Sport: NBA Basketball
Game: Miami Heat @ New York Knicks - Friday December 25, 2009 12:00 pm
Detail: *VERY EARLY* Burns AFTERNOON ANNIHILATOR *12:00 ET
Pick: 4 units (Normal) ATS: New York Knicks -2.5 (-110)

Mr. IWS
12-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Ben Burns

Boston Celtics @ Orlando Magic - Friday December 25, 2009 2:30 pm

Burns' *10* Xmas Morning O/U ROAST (8-1 L2 Months)
Pick: 5 units (Normal) TOTAL: Under 193 (-110)

Mr. IWS
12-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Ben Burns

San Diego Chargers @ Tennesse Titans - Friday December 25, 2009 7:30 pm
Burns '09 Christmas Day BLOWOUT! *13-5 L18 Totals!

Pick: 4 units (Normal) TOTAL: Under 47 (-110)

San Diego Chargers @ Tennesse Titans - Friday December 25, 2009 7:30 pm
Burns *10* '09 XMAS Day MAIN EVENT! (6-1 L7 ME's!)

Pick: 5 units (Normal) ATS: Tennesse Titans -3 (-110)