PDA

View Full Version : 12-27-09

Mr. IWS
12-27-2009, 10:18 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

::handshake::

Mr. IWS
12-27-2009, 10:20 AM
ROOT

THE BILLIONAIRES GET TO SCORE ANOTHER EASY WINNER RIGHT HERE!!
Football NFL
Game Date/Time: December 27, 2009, 10:00 am(PST) Matchup: Carolina Panthers @ NY Giants Giants

Take: Carolina Panthers

CAROLINA vs NY GIANTS: The New York Giants need help to reach the playoffs for the fifth consecutive season. But the Carolina Panthers may be the team to destroy that dream. It seemed like just last week, Julius Peppers was all over the Vikings backfield causing all kind of problems for Brett Farve and the Minnesota Coaching staff. What a way to get the headlines except by doing the same thing to Eli Manning. WAR says it defense and creating T.O.'s and that exactly what Carolina has been doing. New York, averaging 38.0 points and 412.0 yards during its last three games, will face a Panthers defense that’s totaled eight interceptions and five fumbles over the last four contests. And the Panthers may have an answer to their offense. The Giants will have to find an answer for Matt Moore, who had career highs with 299 passing yards and three TDs against the Vikings. He found Steve Smith nine times for 157 yards, including the go-ahead, fourth-quarter score. Moore will make his third consecutive start for Carolina. Look for a rejuvenated Panthers team to "play spoiler" and with no pressure on them get the upset in New York. Take Carolina as a WAR Billionaires Club release.

THE POINTSPREAD IS MOVING ON THIS GAME AFTER ANNOUNCED IT IS WAR's DOG OF THE MONTH
Football NFL
Game Date/Time: December 27, 2009, 1:15 pm(PST) Matchup: NY Jets Jets @ Indianapolis Colts

Take: NY Jets Jets

NY JETS vs INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: Rex Ryan watched Colts tapes all week searching for flaws. His conclusion: To beat the NFL’s last perfect team, it will take, well, the perfect game. “Obviously, you can’t afford any mental mistakes against this offense. Indy coach Jim Caldwell has been noncommittal about if, or how long, his starters will play Sunday. Caldwell said that will be determined in large part by injuries, reiterating what he said last week. Manning should start, as he has done in all 190 regular-season games since joining the Colts, but could exit after a series or two—or after he and his teammates attain individual goals, as has happened in the past. Caldwell doesn’t intend to let numbers impact his decisions. The Jets do have a formula that can beat Indy. They lead the NFL in rushing. And the New York Jets have a dream defense on paper, a unit that’s ranked No. 1 overall in the league and has piled up some gaudy stats. The Jets could actually provide a stiff test for the Colts’ offense. Among the many categories New York leads the league in are pass defense, yards allowed, offensive points allowed, yards per play and scoring drives. One would think that would add up to a team fighting for a No. 1 overall seed, not for its playoff life. The reality is the Jets do have a terrific defense, one that has the talent to be even better. A big performance against the Colts—and a win—could go a long way in them earning the respect they desire. WAR says this respect will be garnered with a Jets victory and has made the Jets his Millionaires Club underdog game of the month!!

A VERY INTERESTING CONTEST WITH 2 RIVALS.
Football NFL
Game Date/Time: December 27, 2009, 5:20 pm(PST) Matchup: Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Redskins

Take: Washington Redskins

DALLAS vs WASHINGTON: It's no secret that WAR is big on defense. He starts with teams that can make a stop. The Redskin team currently has a decent defense ...for a horrible team. The Washington Redskins haven’t had much to hang their helmets on during what has been a dysfunctional season at best.The defense was one of the few bright spots. The Redskins defense has been ranked in the top 10 seven times this decade and the players want it to be there again this year. They are currently ninth in the NFL. “Staying focused the whole year is the key, whether you are the No. 1 defense or far down. I think we just are losing our focus a little bit.” But there's no better way to get recharged and refocused than a game against a bitter rival...that being the Dallas Cowboys...on National TV. With closing games against two red-hot offenses, home this week against Dallas followed by a road trip to San Diego, the Redskins will need to summon up their early season form to remain in the top 10 defensively. This is the 100th meeting between these 2 teams with both playoff meetings won by the Redskins. Emotionally, players and fans say there’s nothing like it, especially in Washington, where the rivalry has always been taken more seriously than in Dallas. WAR thinks the Redskins are up for their season average of allowing around 20 points and that will be enough defense to have the Skins cover the pointspread. This is WAR's No Limit selection taking the Redskins.

Mr. IWS
12-27-2009, 10:22 AM
LANG

50 DIME - BALTIMORE RAVENS - (If line is 3 you buy the 1/2 and get 3 1/2. Value number of 3 1/2 with the dog. If 2 1/2 you buy the 1/2 up to +3) - Let's see, my QB throws for over 500 yards at home and I still need the last play of the game to win the football game.

Folks, don't be fooled by the Steelers win over the Packers last Sunday. This is still an average football team all the way across the board.

How soon everyone forgets it was just weeks ago this team lost back-to-back-to- back weeks to the Chiefs, Raiders and Browns.

Add it up and you will see a combined record of 11-31.

The bottom line is the Ravens didn't take the Steelers all that serious in the first meeting facing 3rd string QB Dennis Dixon making his first career start in the NFL.

They will take this game very serious with a playoff berth on the line.

Pittsburgh's defense is in big trouble here as they have been torched for over 20 points in 4 of their last 5 games, including 27 or more against the Raiders, the Chiefs and the Packers.

You start seeing the Raiders and Chiefs putting up 27 on you, then you know you have problems.

This Baltimore Ravens team is playing very well as they come off 48-3 destruction at home over the Lions, and a 31-7 win over the Bears.

Already this year on the road they have beaten the Chargers 31-26 and for all intents and purposes let wins get away at Minnesota, and New England.

People are betting the Steelers here as this line opened Pittsburgh -1 1/2, and as of this writing it's up to -3. Let me say now thank you to the betting public for handing me a 3 1/2 point road dog with the Ravens today.

They are the better team. They have a better offense and they are playing very well down the stretch.

50 DIME - HOUSTON TEXANS -You give me the 2nd best passing offense in the NFL against the 23rd ranked pass defense, and I will roll big with the offense every time.

The Texans know how to beat the Dolphins going 4-0 lifetime against them, and the bottom line is there is only one QB having a better year than Matt Schaub, and it just so happens to be Peyton Manning.

Not bad company to be in.

Here is the problem facing the Dolphins today. They can't cover the Texans man- to-man, so they have to play a zone behind it and if you do that, Schaub is going to eat you alive.

I give Miami credit for fighting hard this year, but fact of the matter is they don't match up at all with this Texans team and especially Andre Johnson, who is going to tear up this young Dolphins secondary.

He leads the league with 1,433 yards and 4th with 90 receptions and quite frankly, I see him going for about 12 catches for over 200 yards. That is the day I see him having.

This Texans team has had some impressive road wins putting up 34 on the road at Tennessee in a 34-31 win, beat the Bengals 27-14, crushed Buffalo 31-14 and almost took down Indy 20-17.

The line move on this game has come down a bit, but I always thought it should be a pick'em game, or even the Texans as a small favorite. That is how much better I feel the Texans are than this Dolphins team.

The river card for me in this game is the fact the Texans are 7-2 ATS last 9 as a road dog while the Dolphins are a horrific 5-24 ATS their last 29 as a home favorite.

Big day for Schaub and for Johnson as the Texans win this game outright, and keep their slim playoff hopes alive.

50 DIME - KENTUCKY WILDCATS - (if 6 1/2 you buy the 1/2 up to 7. Value number of 7 with the dog. If line is 7 you buy the 1/2 and get +7 1/2) - Can't pass up the S.E.C rep getting points in a bowl game from an inferior conference.

This Wildcats team that has won 18 straight non conference games SU dating back to 2006.

It should also be noted Kentucky is looking for their 4th straight bowl win which would be quite the accomplishment for this senior class.

The bottom line is I just have to question where the heart of this Clemson team is after the heartbreaking loss to Georgia Tech in the ACC Championship game cost them their BCS bowl dreams.

I understand the huge advantage it is for the Tigers to have C.J. Spiller, but one guy does not make a football team.

This is an SEC team getting almost a full touchdown on a neutral field, with just as much if not more team speed across the board.

You look at the last 6 games in which the linemaker has seen fit to make the SEC an underdog and you will see them covering 5 of those 6.

Let me further point out this is a Clemson team that has gone 0-7 ATS their last 7 against the SEC including getting drilled by South Carolina this year 34-17.

Some will say they didn't care about the game because it didn't affect the ACC Championship game the next week. I say bullshit.

You can howl at the moon all you want about the Tigers having the higher rated offense and defense but that was against ACC competition and not the SEC, where Kentucky had to play the likes of Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee and South Carolina.

I will also point out Kentucky put up over 300 yards total offense versus the # 1 team in the country in Alabama which was almost as much as what Florida and Tebow were able to put up in the SEC Championship game.

My point is Kentucky has not only the speed to be in this game but the playmakers to win this game and quite frankly I am comfortable with both Hartline, who comes back and should be ready to play here, or freshman Morgan Newton.

All about getting the SEC and the points in bowl games and I will gladly grab the points here.

FREE SELECTION - INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Mr. IWS
12-27-2009, 10:22 AM
PPP

4* Kentucky

Mr. IWS
12-27-2009, 10:23 AM
WAYNE ROOT

Carolina Panthers @ NY Giants Giants

The New York Giants need help to reach the playoffs for the fifth consecutive season. But the Carolina Panthers may be the team to destroy that dream. It seemed like just last week, Julius Peppers was all over the Vikings backfield causing all kind of problems for Brett Farve and the Minnesota Coaching staff. What a way to get the headlines except by doing the same thing to Eli Manning. WAR says it defense and creating T.O.'s and that exactly what Carolina has been doing. New York, averaging 38.0 points and 412.0 yards during its last three games, will face a Panthers defense that’s totaled eight interceptions and five fumbles over the last four contests. And the Panthers may have an answer to their offense. The Giants will have to find an answer for Matt Moore, who had career highs with 299 passing yards and three TDs against the Vikings. He found Steve Smith nine times for 157 yards, including the go-ahead, fourth-quarter score. Moore will make his third consecutive start for Carolina. Look for a rejuvenated Panthers team to "play spoiler" and with no pressure on them get the upset in New York. Take Carolina as a WAR Billionaires Club release.

DOG OF THE MONTH

NY Jets Jets @ Indianapolis Colts

Rex Ryan watched Colts tapes all week searching for flaws. His conclusion: To beat the NFL’s last perfect team, it will take, well, the perfect game. “Obviously, you can’t afford any mental mistakes against this offense. Indy coach Jim Caldwell has been noncommittal about if, or how long, his starters will play Sunday. Caldwell said that will be determined in large part by injuries, reiterating what he said last week. Manning should start, as he has done in all 190 regular-season games since joining the Colts, but could exit after a series or two—or after he and his teammates attain individual goals, as has happened in the past. Caldwell doesn’t intend to let numbers impact his decisions. The Jets do have a formula that can beat Indy. They lead the NFL in rushing. And the New York Jets have a dream defense on paper, a unit that’s ranked No. 1 overall in the league and has piled up some gaudy stats. The Jets could actually provide a stiff test for the Colts’ offense. Among the many categories New York leads the league in are pass defense, yards allowed, offensive points allowed, yards per play and scoring drives. One would think that would add up to a team fighting for a No. 1 overall seed, not for its playoff life. The reality is the Jets do have a terrific defense, one that has the talent to be even better. A big performance against the Colts—and a win—could go a long way in them earning the respect they desire. WAR says this respect will be garnered with a Jets victory and has made the Jets his Millionaires Club underdog game of the month!!

Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Redskins

It's no secret that WAR is big on defense. He starts with teams that can make a stop. The Redskin team currently has a decent defense ...for a horrible team. The Washington Redskins haven’t had much to hang their helmets on during what has been a dysfunctional season at best.The defense was one of the few bright spots. The Redskins defense has been ranked in the top 10 seven times this decade and the players want it to be there again this year. They are currently ninth in the NFL. “Staying focused the whole year is the key, whether you are the No. 1 defense or far down. I think we just are losing our focus a little bit.” But there's no better way to get recharged and refocused than a game against a bitter rival...that being the Dallas Cowboys...on National TV. With closing games against two red-hot offenses, home this week against Dallas followed by a road trip to San Diego, the Redskins will need to summon up their early season form to remain in the top 10 defensively. This is the 100th meeting between these 2 teams with both playoff meetings won by the Redskins. Emotionally, players and fans say there’s nothing like it, especially in Washington, where the rivalry has always been taken more seriously than in Dallas. WAR thinks the Redskins are up for their season average of allowing around 20 points and that will be enough defense to have the Skins cover the pointspread. This is WAR's No Limit selection taking the Redskins.

Mr. IWS
12-27-2009, 10:24 AM
Ben Burns
2009 NFL game of year
early Sunday 12/27
New Orleans Saints

wayneschultz
12-27-2009, 10:37 AM
anybody seen root's bowl pick for tonight?

Mr. IWS
12-27-2009, 10:54 AM
LARRY NESS

REASON FOR PICK: My AFC GOM is on the NY Jets at 4.15 ET. Caldwell and the Colts say they aren't going to let up. That's all well and good but the fact is that they ARE likely to give some key players some rest and that the Jets ARE going to go all out for a victory. Caldwell had this to say: "The thing about this next game is how we're going to play depends on the health of our team and what it looks like. Now, the health of our team also could include getting them rested and ready as well. That's part of that, but it also may mean some injuries here or there. That may dictate some changes in the lineup." Jets coach Ryan speculated the following: "We're going to start with the injury report, obviously. "Manning, (Dallas) Clark, (Joseph) Addai, Reggie Wayne, (Dwight) Freeney, (Robert) Mathis, (Gary) Brackett - all those guys will not play." In reality, Ryan and the Jets aren't likely to be that fortunate. Still, they should give the Colts all they can handle and very possibly more. The Jets are off a tough loss but they're still a quality team and they're still very much alive in the race. The Jets have the league's top-rated rushing offense, which should give them an edge against a Colts rush defense which is ranked 16th. The Jets, who have limited opponents to a total of only 32 points over the last four games, are also tough on the other side of the ball, particuarly against the pass. In fact, New York has the top-ranked pass defense in the league. Five of the Colts last eight games were decided by four or less and the Jets have only lost one of their last 10 by more than five. Grab the points. *10

REASON FOR PICK: My Blowout GOW is on Philadelphia at 4:15 ET. The Broncos were a great story early in the year. As the saying goes, that was then, this is now. With last week's home loss to the Raiders, this is a team that has now lost two in a row and six of their last eight. Those six losses came by an average of 15.5 points. Other than last week's 1-point setback vs. the Raiders, all five losses came by double-digits. If the Broncos couldn't win a home game vs. the Raiders, there chances of winning at Philadelphia are slim indeed. The Eagles, 15-5 their last 20 December home games, have won five straight overall, covering each of the last three. They won those three games by an average margin of 35.3 to 19.3. Their last three December home games (1 this year, 2 last year) have resulted in scores of 30-10, 44-6 and 27-13. The Broncos running attack has stalled in recent weeks and they'll be without receiver Eddie Royal. The Broncos need this game to stay alive in the playoff race. The Eagles need it too though, as a win here puts them in the driver's seat for the NFC East title and keeps them alive for the #2 overall seed in the NFC. The return of Dawkins and to a lesser extent Buckhalter may provide Denver with an emotional boost to begin the game. It won't be enough though. Andy Reid noted: "Our team understands that we're not playing Buck and Dawk, but we're playing the Denver Broncos. They know that they need to study the team as opposed to studying those two players and that's what they are going to do." The Eagles are currently better on both sides of the ball. They've got the much better QB, the better coach and they're playing at home. Line has dropped providing extra value. This should be one-sided. *8 Philadelphia

REASON FOR PICK: My AFC GOM is on the NY Jets at 4.15 ET. Caldwell and the Colts say they aren't going to let up. That's all well and good but the fact is that they ARE likely to give some key players some rest and that the Jets ARE going to go all out for a victory. Caldwell had this to say: "The thing about this next game is how we're going to play depends on the health of our team and what it looks like. Now, the health of our team also could include getting them rested and ready as well. That's part of that, but it also may mean some injuries here or there. That may dictate some changes in the lineup." Jets coach Ryan speculated the following: "We're going to start with the injury report, obviously. "Manning, (Dallas) Clark, (Joseph) Addai, Reggie Wayne, (Dwight) Freeney, (Robert) Mathis, (Gary) Brackett - all those guys will not play." In reality, Ryan and the Jets aren't likely to be that fortunate. Still, they should give the Colts all they can handle and very possibly more. The Jets are off a tough loss but they're still a quality team and they're still very much alive in the race. The Jets have the league's top-rated rushing offense, which should give them an edge against a Colts rush defense which is ranked 16th. The Jets, who have limited opponents to a total of only 32 points over the last four games, are also tough on the other side of the ball, particuarly against the pass. In fact, New York has the top-ranked pass defense in the league. Five of the Colts last eight games were decided by four or less and the Jets have only lost one of their last 10 by more than five. Grab the points. *10

REASON FOR PICK: My #1 NFC East total is on Was/Dal Under at 8:20 ET. The Redskins are off an awful defensive performance on National TV last Monday. That has stuck in the memories of bettors which has worked to help keep tonight's number generously high. The current number is even slightly larger than it was for the earlier meeting. That earlier meeting wasn't exactly a shootout. The score was 3-0 at halftime and the final was 7-6. That was at Dallas but the previous meeting here at Washington was also of the low-scoring variety. The final score was 14-10 in favor of the Redsksins. The 2007 game here at Washington, also played in late December, finished with 33 points, a 27-6 win by the home team. As bad as the Redskins looked last week and have been this season, their defense has been largely respectable. Before last week's debacle, they'd only allowed 18.5 points per game at home. The problem has been the offense. The Skins are scoring only 16.7 points per game at home and 15.2 in their divisional games. Things won't get any easier against a Dallas defense that is clicking on all cylinders. The Cowboys have held six of their last seven opponents to 20 points or less. That includes high-scoring teams like Philadelphia, Green Bay, San Diego and New Orleans! Six of their last seven have dipped below the number. Looking at a couple of other o/u stats finds that the Under has gone 6-1 the last few years when Dallas has played against a team with a losing record in the second half of the season. Also, the Under has gone 10-4 the last 14 times that the Redskins were playing with revenge from an earlier loss and 10-4 when they were home dogs in 3.5 to 7 range. *10 Under

Mr. IWS
12-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Wayne Root

THE BILLIONAIRES GET TO SCORE ANOTHER EASY WINNER RIGHT HERE!!
Football NFL
Game Date/Time: December 27, 2009, 10:00 am(PST) Matchup: Carolina Panthers @ NY Giants Giants

CAROLINA vs NY GIANTS: The New York Giants need help to reach the playoffs for the fifth consecutive season. But the Carolina Panthers may be the team to destroy that dream. It seemed like just last week, Julius Peppers was all over the Vikings backfield causing all kind of problems for Brett Farve and the Minnesota Coaching staff. What a way to get the headlines except by doing the same thing to Eli Manning. WAR says it defense and creating T.O.'s and that exactly what Carolina has been doing. New York, averaging 38.0 points and 412.0 yards during its last three games, will face a Panthers defense that’s totaled eight interceptions and five fumbles over the last four contests. And the Panthers may have an answer to their offense. The Giants will have to find an answer for Matt Moore, who had career highs with 299 passing yards and three TDs against the Vikings. He found Steve Smith nine times for 157 yards, including the go-ahead, fourth-quarter score. Moore will make his third consecutive start for Carolina. Look for a rejuvenated Panthers team to "play spoiler" and with no pressure on them get the upset in New York. Take Carolina as a WAR Billionaires Club release.

THE POINTSPREAD IS MOVING ON THIS GAME AFTER ANNOUNCED IT IS WAR's DOG OF THE MONTH
Football NFL
Game Date/Time: December 27, 2009, 1:15 pm(PST) Matchup: NY Jets Jets @ Indianapolis Colts

NY JETS vs INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: Rex Ryan watched Colts tapes all week searching for flaws. His conclusion: To beat the NFL’s last perfect team, it will take, well, the perfect game. “Obviously, you can’t afford any mental mistakes against this offense. Indy coach Jim Caldwell has been noncommittal about if, or how long, his starters will play Sunday. Caldwell said that will be determined in large part by injuries, reiterating what he said last week. Manning should start, as he has done in all 190 regular-season games since joining the Colts, but could exit after a series or two—or after he and his teammates attain individual goals, as has happened in the past. Caldwell doesn’t intend to let numbers impact his decisions. The Jets do have a formula that can beat Indy. They lead the NFL in rushing. And the New York Jets have a dream defense on paper, a unit that’s ranked No. 1 overall in the league and has piled up some gaudy stats. The Jets could actually provide a stiff test for the Colts’ offense. Among the many categories New York leads the league in are pass defense, yards allowed, offensive points allowed, yards per play and scoring drives. One would think that would add up to a team fighting for a No. 1 overall seed, not for its playoff life. The reality is the Jets do have a terrific defense, one that has the talent to be even better. A big performance against the Colts—and a win—could go a long way in them earning the respect they desire. WAR says this respect will be garnered with a Jets victory and has made the Jets his Millionaires Club underdog game of the month!!

A VERY INTERESTING contest WITH 2 RIVALS.
Football NFL
Game Date/Time: December 27, 2009, 5:20 pm(PST) Matchup: Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Redskins

DALLAS vs WASHINGTON: It's no secret that WAR is big on defense. He starts with teams that can make a stop. The Redskin team currently has a decent defense ...for a horrible team. The Washington Redskins haven’t had much to hang their helmets on during what has been a dysfunctional season at best.The defense was one of the few bright spots. The Redskins defense has been ranked in the top 10 seven times this decade and the players want it to be there again this year. They are currently ninth in the NFL. “Staying focused the whole year is the key, whether you are the No. 1 defense or far down. I think we just are losing our focus a little bit.” But there's no better way to get recharged and refocused than a game against a bitter rival...that being the Dallas Cowboys...on National TV. With closing games against two red-hot offenses, home this week against Dallas followed by a road trip to San Diego, the Redskins will need to summon up their early season form to remain in the top 10 defensively. This is the 100th meeting between these 2 teams with both playoff meetings won by the Redskins. Emotionally, players and fans say there’s nothing like it, especially in Washington, where the rivalry has always been taken more seriously than in Dallas. WAR thinks the Redskins are up for their season average of allowing around 20 points and that will be enough defense to have the Skins cover the pointspread. This is WAR's No Limit selection taking the Redskins.

Mr. IWS
12-27-2009, 11:39 AM
BEN BURNS
Music City Bowl ROAST CLEMSON

Mr. IWS
12-27-2009, 11:54 AM
Wayne Root

Sunday, December 27, 2009
4*Kentucky (+6½) over Clemson
8:30 PM -- Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl - LP Field, Nashvil

3* VEGAS LEGEND = Denver

Mr. IWS