PDA

View Full Version : 12-31-09

Mr. IWS
12-31-2009, 09:22 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

::handshake::

Mr. IWS
12-31-2009, 09:23 AM
Brandon Lang

Thursday's Selections ... NOTE:
Tennessee getting points against Virginia Tech was always going to be one of my strongest bowl plays.

Yes, I would have loved to have built the bankroll a bit higher but the bottom line is it is what it is.

It wouldn't suprise me if the Vols to beat Virginia Tech today just as I said North Carolina would on a Thursday night ESPN game as a 15 1/2 point underdog, one of my best calls of the year.

I like Navy to hang with Missouri. The free pick of Minnesota over Iowa State should be a fun game to watch.

That is my plan of attack on this last day of 2009. And it's a plan of attack I am very comfortable with.

Time to close out 2009 in style.

75 DIME - TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS - Who is Virginia Tech and the ACC to be laying more than a field goal to anybody out of the SEC?

There are two teams playing for the national championship game and that is Texas and Alabama.

Well, you saw Nebraska almost knock off the Longhorns in the Big 12 championship game and look what they did to Arizona last night.

Well, Tennessee for all intents and purposes beat Alabama, even if their stupid field goal kicker couldn't knock thru a 44 yarder with under a mintue to play.

That is the talent in which the Vols bring to the table in this matchup and for me the bottom line is this is way to many points for Tech to be laying.

This is a Tennessee Vols defense that has gotten much better as the year has gone on and with ex NFL defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin on the sidelines for the Vols with this much time to prepare, I like my chances with the dog tonight.

If Tennessee doesn't turn the ball over I feel just as I did with my call of North Carolina over Virginia Tech, I feel Tennessee can beat them to tonight.

The ACC is 1-7 SU, and 2-6 ATS versus the SEC with Clemson getting the cover over Kentucky as the only win lately.

And if you have an SEC bowl underdog facing a team off of a SU win, how about the SEC being 9-1 ATS.

Grab more than a field goal with Tennessee and don't be suprised boys and girls if Tennessee wins this game outright.

25 DIME - NAVY MIDSHIPMEN -Who is Missouri to be laying this kind of number to a Navy squad that is 3-1 ATS as an underdog this year?

I am talking about a squad that had a near miss win at Ohio State to start the year, battled Pittsburgh on the road to a 13 point loss which was much closer than the final score would lead you to believe and wins over Wake Forest and Notre Dame.

Navy loves to be bowling and it shows by their 4-1 ATS mark last 5 years.

Military academies are 20-8-1 ATS and it starts with their discipline and their preparation. Most other schools can't match it.

Navy is just the kind of team to give Missouri fits here and the Tigers are about to find out what Ohio State, Pitt, Wake Forest and Notre Dame found out, this is one pesky underdog.

The Tigers were hoping for a bigger bowl game as they were kind of passed over for the Insight Bowl, which was where Iowa State got to go.

Have to believe the team that wants to be here more is the team that will end up covering and for me that team is Navy.

FREE SELECTION - MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS

Mr. IWS
12-31-2009, 09:23 AM
PPP

4% Air Force

Mr. IWS
12-31-2009, 10:50 AM
Larry Ness

26* oklahoma

Mr. IWS
12-31-2009, 11:01 AM
Wayne Root

Vegas Legend - Navy

Millionaires - Tennessee

Billionaires - Air Force

No Limit - Oklahoma

Mr. IWS
12-31-2009, 12:45 PM
Ben Burns

(10*)Oklahoma
(9*)Tennessee

Mr. IWS
12-31-2009, 01:23 PM
Big Al
4* TENN
opinion - Stanford Navy Airforce

Mr. IWS
12-31-2009, 04:01 PM
Ppp
4% Air Force Posted a few days ago
5% Navy
3% Stanford
3% Iowa State
3% Tennesee

4% Northwestern 1-1-10

Mr. IWS
12-31-2009, 04:01 PM
Dr BoB
Strong Opinion
Air Force 32 Houston (-4.5) 31 (at Armed Forces Bowl)
09:00 AM Pacific, 31-Dec-09

I'll consider Air Force a Strong Opinion at +4 points or more and as a 2-Star Best Bet at +6 or more.

Missouri (-6.5) 28 Navy 21 (at Texas Bowl)
12:30 PM Pacific, 31-Dec-09

I'll lean with Missouri at -6 1/2 points or less and I'll also lean under 52 points or higher

Strong Opinion
Iowa St. 27 Minnesota (-2.5) 23 (at Insight Bowl)
03:00 PM Pacific, 31-Dec-09

I'll consider Iowa State a Strong Opinion and I'd take the Cyclones in a 2-Star Best Bet at +3 points or more (at -1.10 odds). I have no opinion on the total.

Strong Opinion
LSU 23 Penn St. (-2.5) 20 (at Capital One Bowl)
10:00 AM Pacific, 01-Jan-10

I'll consider LSU a Strong Opinion at +2 points or more and I'd take the Tigers in a 2-Star Best Bet at +3 points or more (at -1.15 odds or better). I have no opinion on the total, but I would lean under if the total gets up to 45 points or more.

Mr. IWS
12-31-2009, 06:52 PM
ness

My December Total of the Month is on Ten/VT Over at 7:30 ET. Tennessee vs. Virginia Tech. Defensive battle, right? Don't bank on it! Both these offenses are more than capable. Let's start by taking a look at the running backs. Tennessee's Montario Hardesty ranked among the top tailbacks in the SEC this season. He had 1,306 yards and 12 touchdowns, carrying the ball 264 times. Virginia Tech's star tailback, Ryan Williams, was even better. All he did was set a school and ACC freshman record with 1,538 yards this season. If he can get 110 more here he'll break the school's single-season rushing record set by Kevin Jones in 2003. Williams has 20 total touchdowns, including 19 rushing scores, and was named First Team All-ACC earlier this month. Perhaps equally as impressive, the rookie has had a play of 40 yards or more in seven straight games. Talk about big-play ability!Overall this season, the Hokies are averaging 31.4 points per game.Quarterback Tyrod Taylor has become a much better passer thane he once was. He's thrown for 2,102 yards and 13 touchdowns while recording only four interceptions. He's also dangerous with his feet. Taylor has racked up 344 yards and four scores. Jarrett Boykin leads the team with 36 catches for 715 yards and five touchdowns. Tennessee isn't far behind. The Volunteers are scoring 30.6 points per game this season. The offense can be explosive and they have a total of 45 offensive touchdowns. QB Jonathan Crompton had a terrific season, passing for 2,565 yards and 26 touchdowns. Gerald Jones has 41 catches for 610 yards to lead the team, while Denarius Moore caught six touchdown passes. With this game being played indoors, weather isn't a factor, as it can often be at this time of the year. The Volunteers have gone 7-5 to the Over their last 12 lined dome games. Over the same period, the Hokies have gone 14-7 to the Over on turf and 7-3 when playing in a dome. Over is also 5-2 their last seven against teams from the SEC. *9

Good Luck...Larry

Mr. IWS
12-31-2009, 07:22 PM
Root 12/31 cbb

Root cbb play

4* Washington -12.5