PDA

View Full Version : 108 Bets

SPX
01-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Figured I'd create a separate thread for this. . .

What's everyone got?

Here's mine. I got a LOT of action out there tonight. This is about 30% of my bankroll:

Dos Santos: 3u to win 1.07u
Rashad: 2u to win 1.08u
Kampmann: 2u to win 1.18u
Miller: 1.5u to win 1u
Ellenberger: 1.25u to win 1.09u
Daley: 1.25u to win 1.14u
Stout: .25u to win .54u
Jensen: .25u to win .75u

Mr. IWS
01-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Im sitting out tonight, but GL with the card man.

Luke
01-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Nothing for me .Been paying attention to the bowl games too much and never relly spent the time on this event

The HOFF
01-02-2010, 01:00 PM
I love Jensen tonight, +300 is ridiculous.

5Dimes currently has JDS at +1350 to win a decision. I put .5u on it at +1550. Yvel can definitely take a beating. The fight has a chance to go all 3.

SPX
01-02-2010, 01:09 PM

5Dimes currently has JDS at +1350 to win a decision. I put .5u on it at +1550. Yvel can definitely take a beating. The fight has a chance to go all 3.

I'm not big on prop bets, but I think that's a good one. Wish I could get my 5dimes account funded without going through all the bullshit for my credit card they want me to run through.

zY|
01-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Nothing really jumps out at me on this card.

I may put some on Cole Miller though.

GL SPX

MMA_scientist
01-02-2010, 02:36 PM
5u on Rashad @ -185
5u on Cole @ -155
6u on Jim Miller @ -425

Mr. IWS
01-02-2010, 02:58 PM
5u on Rashad @ -185
5u on Cole @ -155
6u on Jim Miller @ -425

GL with em my man

MMA_scientist
01-02-2010, 03:12 PM

I am not a fan of the prop bets, but there is definately a chance this goes to a decision. That is a solid bet.

Luke
01-02-2010, 03:23 PM

I seen earlier in the week JDS was +2100 by decision .

GL tonight man

zY|
01-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Ok I'm down with small bets on Ellenberger and Cole Miller.

SPX
01-02-2010, 07:10 PM
That a Boy

MMA_scientist
01-02-2010, 08:24 PM
I felt bad at first about J. Miller @ -425, but he is -620 now, I feel like I got a deal. I wish I could have had him @ open when he was like -310... should be a lock.

Ellenberger looked good against Condit, he should have enough to stop Pyle, hopefully he keeps it standing. Pyle has underrated bjj, I would rate it better than Condit, who I think has a pretty one dimensional (triangle or bust) ground game. I need to see him one more time... but he should punch Pyle's lights out.

zY|
01-02-2010, 08:38 PM
^^They were fighting while you were posting that.

zY|
01-02-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm 2 for 2, SPX 3 for 3 so far. Excellent.

Luke
01-02-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm 2 for 2, SPX 3 for 3 so far. Excellent.

good job so far guys

Luke
01-02-2010, 10:02 PM
I maybe stupid but I think I'm going to bet Thiago . I can get +185 on him .I got about an hour to decide

zY|
01-02-2010, 10:13 PM
I don't think it's necessarily a bad bet. I want Rashad to win though.

Luke
01-02-2010, 10:15 PM
I don't think it's necessarily a bad bet. I want Rashad to win though.

I just think Rashad is a little overrated

zY|
01-02-2010, 10:20 PM
I think Thiago is overrated. LOL

4 for 4 SPX, Yvel goes down hard.

Luke
01-02-2010, 10:22 PM
I think Thiago is overrated. LOL

4 for 4 SPX, Yvel goes down hard.

I think they both are but hoping at +185 I get the one thats less overrated.

I just bet Thiago very small but am half scard now because not one dog has won yet

Luke
01-02-2010, 10:23 PM
I seen the Yvel -JDS fight but I'm going to watch football now until the Evans -Silva fight

zY|
01-02-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm guessing you didn't buy it then, right? LOL

Luke
01-02-2010, 10:32 PM
I'm guessing you didn't buy it then, right? LOL

no i have it on my laptop.

MMA_scientist
01-02-2010, 10:56 PM
2 for 2 so far... I couldnt bring myself to buy the card. At least I got to see Cole sub DLau for free on Spike.

I just need Rashad to win to get me right after the Sok debacle.

How do you get it on your computer? Do you have to pay?

My wife is making fun of me tonight because I have no friends... I couldnt round up a single person to watch the fights with me. Its humiliating. I sit in a dark room reading the PBP...

Luke
01-02-2010, 11:04 PM
2 for 2 so far... I couldnt bring myself to buy the card. At least I got to see Cole sub DLau for free on Spike.

My wife is making fun of me tonight because I have no friends... I couldnt round up a single person to watch the fights with me. Its humiliating. I sit in a dark room reading the PBP...

all you got to do is go to sopcast.com download their software then go here :

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

and click the UFC 108 link

MMA_scientist
01-02-2010, 11:33 PM

F'n awesome. And I am watching it...

I never knew.

MMA_scientist
01-02-2010, 11:47 PM
SPX is on fire.

Daley by KO.

Very nice work. 6 for 7 so far...

Luke
01-02-2010, 11:51 PM
[quote="MMA_scientist":12mtpsxo]2 for 2 so far... I couldnt bring myself to buy the card. At least I got to see Cole sub DLau for free on Spike.

F'n awesome. And I am watching it...

I never knew.[/quote:12mtpsxo]

This is how i usually watch it. ::handshake::

zY|
01-02-2010, 11:53 PM
LOL I've got the laptop plugged in to the tv.

zY|
01-02-2010, 11:54 PM
BTW wtf was Hazelett doing out there?

MMA_scientist
01-02-2010, 11:57 PM
BTW wtf was Hazelett doing out there?

pulled a Maia. But it lasted a long time. I liked his tribute to Harold Howard.

zY|
01-03-2010, 12:11 AM
Rashad doing his best GSP through round 1.

MMA_scientist
01-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Rashad... had me nervous. I thought he would have a much easier time.

still went 3 for 3.

SPX nice work. 7 for 8, impressive.

zY|
01-03-2010, 12:28 AM
I'm following SPX from now on.

zY|
01-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Also, no reason that fight wasn't 5 rounds. Shit was just getting started.

SPX
01-03-2010, 01:48 AM
Wow, guys. Sorry I missed this party and I'm so late to chime in. I was at the bar and just got home.

Looks like most of us made out like bandits (sorry HOF! you got 'em next time!). Congrats zY, Scientist . . . you ever get on anything Luke? I'm not seeing that you did.

Personally, this is the BEST event I've ever had. Late bets on Miller and Evans came through for me. (Scientist, I can honestly say that your recommendations on those are what pushed me over the edge.)

+6.85u overall. Obviously, I can't complain.

Great work guys!

triathlete
01-03-2010, 10:17 AM
I am still in Vegas and posting from my phone. I will post my unit +\- breakdown later.

I was 4-1. Had Daley. Ellenberger, Kampmann, JDS win for me. For some dumb reason I put a last-minute unit on Ludwig (who looked crap).

My friend (who knows nothing about MMA and blindly picked) was 2-3 on the same fights.

Not a bad first sports bet adventure.

MMA_scientist
01-03-2010, 10:25 AM
I am still in Vegas and posting from my phone. I will post my unit +\- breakdown later.

I was 4-1. Had Daley. Ellenberger, Kampmann, JDS win for me. For some dumb reason I put a last-minute unit on Ludwig (who looked crap).

My friend (who knows nothing about MMA and blindly picked) was 2-3 on the same fights.

Congrats... welcome to the world of degenerate gamblers, addict.

Mr. IWS
01-03-2010, 10:26 AM
::worship:: SPX

::worship:: Scientist

SPX, Ill be sure to bump your thread over at sherdog to point out how you did to that smart ass with the big words that said you dont know shit. ::handshake::

MMA_scientist
01-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Wow, guys. Sorry I missed this party and I'm so late to chime in. I was at the bar and just got home.

Looks like most of us made out like bandits (sorry HOF! you got 'em next time!). Congrats zY, Scientist . . . you ever get on anything Luke? I'm not seeing that you did.

Personally, this is the BEST event I've ever had. Late bets on Miller and Evans came through for me. (Scientist, I can honestly say that your recommendations on those are what pushed me over the edge.)

Great work guys!

That's a nice feeling.

Glad to be of persuasion... I am happy to take credit for wins, but I am not responsible for losses.

I made scored 6.5 units, righting the ship after sok and a little something for my efforts.

triathlete
01-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Congrats... welcome to the world of degenerate gamblers, addict.

Enablers!! You are all enablers!! :)

SPX
01-03-2010, 12:13 PM

Good job!

I can see why you'd pull the trigger on Ludwig at the prices you could get him at. Going a full unit's probably the only thing I'd have some issues with, but maybe if I did a full unit on dogs a little more often it would actually boost my profits.

SPX
01-03-2010, 12:14 PM
SPX, Ill be sure to bump your thread over at sherdog to point out how you did to that smart ass with the big words that said you dont know shit. ::handshake::

Fuck that guy.

JDS/Yvel being an "even fight" . . . Kampmann being in a fight against Volkmann that he is "unlikely to win."

LOL.

SPX
01-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Glad to be of persuasion... I am happy to take credit for wins, but I am not responsible for losses.

It was a combination of finally being able to get some lines that I thought were acceptable and your advice. If I hadn't known that you were already endorsing both guys I may have stayed away. It's hard to say.

I made scored 6.5 units, righting the ship after sok and a little something for my efforts.

Good job. I was watching the fight at the bar last night and even mentioned to a friend of mine that you had a lot of cash on that fight. Normally I'd have rooted for Ludwig just because he was the underdog and I don't have any special affection for Miller, but I definitely didn't want you to lose two big bets in a row. That would suck.

triathlete
01-03-2010, 12:19 PM
I am betting so low to start (1-2$) that I can't go lower. Once I get the hang, I'll move up.

JDS brutalized Yvel.

Luke
01-03-2010, 01:01 PM

Great work guys!

I had ten buck on Silva just for shits

The HOFF
01-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Looks like most of us made out like bandits (sorry HOF! you got 'em next time!).

Actually I did well for the event. All of my picks were in the UFC 108 discussion thread.

2-2 +5.5u on fight picks, lost the little prop on JDS for .5u, so ended the night +5u!

SPX
01-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Actually I did well for the event. All of my picks were in the UFC 108 discussion thread.

2-2 +5.5u on fight picks, lost the little prop on JDS for .5u, so ended the night +5u!

Ah, well congrats!

All I saw was what you posted earlier in this thread:

MMA_scientist
01-03-2010, 02:16 PM
[quote=MMA_scientist]

It was a combination of finally being able to get some lines that I thought were acceptable and your advice. If I hadn't known that you were already endorsing both guys I may have stayed away. It's hard to say.

Good job. I was watching the fight at the bar last night and even mentioned to a friend of mine that you had a lot of cash on that fight. Normally I'd have rooted for Ludwig just because he was the underdog and I don't have any special affection for Miller, but I definitely didn't want you to lose two big bets in a row. That would suck.[/quote:3j508dzc]

I appreciate that... I consider you my future co-worker (when I pull the plug and go FT in a couple years) and wish you nothing but the best.

zY|
01-03-2010, 02:29 PM

Fuck that guy.

JDS/Yvel being an "even fight" . . . Kampmann being in a fight against Volkmann that he is "unlikely to win."

LOL.

Haha yeah that guy was a pretentious douche.

Both fights were ended dominantly in the first round, right?

SPX
01-03-2010, 02:45 PM
I appreciate that... I consider you my future co-worker (when I pull the plug and go FT in a couple years) and wish you nothing but the best.

Pull the plug and go FT?

Luke
01-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Great job everyone

ZY,SPX, MMA scientist, Hoff,triathelete

::clap:: ::clap::

Great job guys

If I hadnt been so busy with bowl games I would have been right there with you

Luke
01-03-2010, 02:46 PM

Pull the plug and go FT?

full time betting I'm guessing

SPX
01-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Haha yeah that guy was a pretentious douche.

Both fights were ended dominantly in the first round, right?

Damn right!

I hope that motherfucker remembers our conversation, too. Maybe he won't be so quick to think he's the shit next time.

SPX
01-03-2010, 02:47 PM
full time betting I'm guessing

That's what I'm assuming. I actually hope to do that at some point. I'd love to be able to do it within two years, but that's probably unrealistic.

MMA_scientist
01-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Yeah, earning a full time living wagering on mma. That's the goal.

5 years is probably more realistic for me... I am pretty conventional guy, I am a self employed attorney, and I make a pretty nice living. I have a wife and kids and a mortgage, the whole nine. So I have a lot of responsibilty, and have a lot of income to replace. I am thinking of going half time if I can build my bankroll enough in a few years.

My goal is make 3-5% per month and live off it, at least partially. I have the fantasy of just training and watching mma and flying out to vegas every few weeks to make my bets.

You know in HS when the guidance counselor asked what you would do if money was no object... well this is it. I know it can be done. I know I can do it... the only issue is if I will have the discipline.

So anyone that helps me get there... I fully support and consider my colleague.

SPX
01-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Yeah, earning a full time living wagering on mma. That's the goal.

5 years is probably more realistic for me... I am pretty conventional guy, I am a self employed attorney, and I make a pretty nice living. I have a wife and kids and a mortgage, the whole nine. So I have a lot of responsibilty, and have a lot of income to replace. I am thinking of going half time if I can build my bankroll enough in a few years.

My goal is make 3-5% per month and live off it, at least partially. I have the fantasy of just training and watching mma and flying out to vegas every few weeks to make my bets.

You know in HS when the guidance counselor asked what you would do if money was no object... well this is it. I know it can be done. I know I can do it... the only issue is if I will have the discipline.

So anyone that helps me get there... I fully support and consider my colleague.

I hear you on that fantasy. I have a few similar ones of my own. One reason I WISH I could be at the point of at least making enough for myself to live decently on within 2 years is because I recently started back to to school and I'd love to be able to do nothing but focus on that for the last two years of my education without having to get up and go punch someone's time clock.

I'm 27 and all on my own. No wife, no kids, just me. So my financial needs are less than what yours are obviously.

Hopefully it will happen for both of us in due time.

MMA_scientist
01-03-2010, 03:21 PM
If I was alone, I would have already done it (because I would have a hella lot more money to dump in to my bankroll)... As it stands now, I just decided I will build from nothing, but if things continue going well I might dump some more of "my own" money in. I have never added a dime since my initial deposit.