PDA

View Full Version : 1-4-10

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 12:47 PM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

::handshake::

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Ben Burns bowl GOY

TCU

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Brandon Lang

NOTE:

Sometimes in the bowl season, you get matchups where one team faces another team which truly doesn't deserve to be there.

I have talked on radio the past few weeks about how the BCS dropped the ball with this matchup and how we, football fans in america, should have been treated to TCU-Florida while Cincinnati and Boise State went and had fun.

But nope, let's stick the world with a rematch of two teams that faced each other last year. IDIOTS.

Boise State went undefeated. Big Fuc$%^&@^&ing deal. Hell, any team in the Big Ten, ACC, SEC or Big East would have gone undefeated with their schedule.

If I have said it once over the last few weeks I will say it again, Boise State doesn't deserve to be here.

Let me take you to a game earlier this year, Boise State at Tulsa.

With just over 2 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter leading 25-14, Boise State faced a 4th and goal from the Tulsa 1 yard line.

Now if you are Nick Saban, Pete Carroll, Urban Meyer, you know, coaches with some balls, you call timeout and tell your offense, "Go back out there and get me a yard and let's put this game away and show the world we mean business."

As soon as I tell my offense that and send them back out onto the field, I go over to my defense, which has given up just 1 first down since there was 2 minutes to go in the first quarter, we don't get this you go get that ball back for me.

It's a great message to send to your team but not Petersen. He elects to kick the field goal. On 4th and goal from the one. Up 11. With his defense playing lights out. Against Tulsa no less. That was all I needed to see with Mr. Petersen.

My point in all this is I don't trust this man against big competition. Simple as that and what Boise State is about to see tonight is a tornado, a hurricane the likes they have never seen since Petersen has been there.

He lobbied hard to get a bowl game. Needed some cheese to go with all that wine we had to hear with Boise this and Boise that.

Tonight he will be sorry he whined so much, because they are going to get lit up because they really shouldn't be here. He better have the Cincinnati Bearcats number because he is going to have to call them after this game to have someone he can relate to after this beating.

Now here are some other reasons why TCU wins by 21 points or more tonight.

100 DIME - TCU HORNED FROGS - (if line is 7 1/2, you buy the 1/2 and lay 7. Never get beat by the hook.) - The Horned Frogs will dominate this team tonight.

First and foremost, Boise State doesn't deserve to be here. They really don't.

They had one win of any significance, and that one just happened to be the first game out of the box at home against Oregon and I think you would agree if they played today, Oregon would blow them out.

Allow me to put in perspective what is about to happen to Boise State tonight.

Against the Utah Utes, a team that played a tougher schedule than Boise State and yet put up similar defense numbers, lost to TCU 55-28.

I am talking about TCU putting up 55 points on the 19th best overall defense in the entire country and they did it rather easily.

Folks, Boise comes in with the 14th best defense against a joke of a schedule. How much of a joke you ask? Take a look at this.

With exception of the 36th ranked Oregon defense they faced on the blue carpet to start the year which held them to 19 points, the following are the total defense rankings of Boise State's other 11 opponents. Please note: Cal Davis isn't ranked.

Don't adjust your eyes: 70th, 98th, 87th, 85th, 93rd, 108th, 60th, 107th, 113th and 96th. I don't see #1 in there anywhere do you?

Fact of the matter is Boise is in for a world of trouble tonight because they are matched up in a bowl game they shouldn't have been awarded.

I had the same feeling with Cincinnati versus Florida. Didn't think Cincy based on their close calls along the way deserved to be in the Sugar Bowl. I felt all along the matchup we all should be seeing tonight was Florida-TCU.

However, it is what it is and on paper and on the field this game is a total mismatch across the board.

You look at the Mountain West in bowl games this year and you will see domination like Wyoming outright while Air Force, Utah and BYU all won by double digits.

Conversely, the WAC has been an embarrassment with Nevada and Fresno State losing outright as double digit favorites while Idaho was just flat out lucky.

This line should be TCU -14 and even then I would lay it as the #1 defense in the entire country makes a huge statement and the TCU offense has their way with an overrated Boise State defense.

Thank god Boise coach Chris Petersen got a contract extension before this game because after this beating his team is going to take tonight, they might want to reconsider.

25 DIME - BOISE STATE-TCU UNDER -It's going to be a long night for the Boise State offense.

This is the #1 defense in the country playing on the national stage. You don't think they are going to be motivated to show the world just how good they are?

They rank #2 against the run, #3 against the pass putting them #1 in the country.

When you are team like Boise State, and you are facing the best defense you have seen all year long, practice against your own team can't prepare you for what you are about to see.

This is going to be a complete dominant effort by the TCU defense as the world takes notice of just how good this defense is.

As mentioned above, when all you faced the cupcake defenses that Boise State has faced this year, they just won't be prepared for the speed, athleticism or strength of TCU tonight.

Take the Under in tonight's game.

25 DIME - TCU 1ST HALF PLAY - I was a little perturbed at myself for not taking the Gators in the first half over Cincinnati so I am not about to make the same mistake twice.

Boise State will not know what hit them from the very beginning. The speed of which TCU will be coming at Kellen Moore, who really isn't that mobile anyway.

I see line value with TCU in the first half as I have them jumping out early and getting to a double digit first half lead.

Love the First half play of the Horned Frogs and feel it's great value.

FREE SELECTION - MIAMI HEAT

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 12:56 PM
SCOTT SPREITZER'S MONDAY NIGHT SHOWDOWN! *10-2 Run
Scott Spreitzer is having another superb January in the bowls, going 4-1, 80% winners! Combined with last season, he's now on a 10-2, 83% January bowl run. When the big boys take the field, Scott's **MONEY!** Scott went 4-0, 100% with NFL MNF in December. Now CASH his MONDAY NIGHT SHOWDOWN in the Fiesta Bowl!

Boise St

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 12:56 PM
**ALERT** #1 BOWL GAME OF YEAR (won by 46 L2 yrs!)
Ben Burns has CASHED four of six bowl bets in 2010, incl his 10* on ECU. That brings him to a SUPERB 21-10 his L31. His longterm #'s are even better, as college has been a SERIOUS CASH COW the past few seasons. Today's BOISE/TCU clash represents his #1 BOWL GAME OF THE YEAR. Ben's L2 Bowl GOYs (Utah in '09, Georgia in '08) BOTH cashed by 23 pts

TCU

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Larry's Weekday WIPEOUT:Battle For Bragging Rights
After 26 years in the industry, when it comes to pointspreads, Larry KNOWS when to "take" and when to "lay." Saturday saw him successfully take the points with East Carolina and lay them with Texas Tech. Today's "Battle For Bragging Rights" features Boise St. vs. TCU. Larry's CASHING AT A 67% CLIP FOR THE YEAR and he's calling for a WIPEOUT!

Boise St

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 02:14 PM
ROOT

Wayne's Bowls & Playoffs
Monday, January 04, 2010

6*TCU (-7) over Boise State
8:20 PM -- Tostitos Fiesta Bowl - University of Phoenix Stadium

Partly cloudy. Winds blowing from the Northeast at 5-10 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 70.

4*CalRiverside (-4) over CalSanta Barbara
10:00 PM -- Student Recreation Center

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Ben Burns bowl GOY----TCU
I'm laying the points with TCU. With records of 12-0 and 13-0 this game marks the first time that two undefeated teams have faced each other in a bowl game that wasn't for the national championship. Some will argue that Boise is the team that's "happier" to be here. After all, the Broncos didn't ever really believe that they had a shot at playing for the national championship while TCU did. Additionally, the Broncos get a chance to avenge a loss that TCU handed them last season in the Pointsetta Bowl. That may be true. However, that doesn't mean that TCU will be any less motivated to go all out for the win. As TCU coach Gary Patterson, the AP Coach of the Year, had to say: "Our whole deal is we're going to have to show the nation in this next bowl game that we belong, that we're one of the top two teams in the nation. You can still win the AP (championship), so that's what our whole goal is." I believe that will provide more than enough motivation for the Horned Frogs, as they look to make a statement that they are in fact the best team in the country. Yes, Boise State had an impressive 13-0 record, including a win over Oregon. However, that win vs. the Ducks came on the blue turf and in the very first week of the season - Oregon wasn't nearly as strong a team at that point. Give the Broncos credit but if they faced the Ducks later in the year and/or at a different venue, things could easily have been different. The Broncos' next "biggest" wins came against the likes of Fresno State and Nevada. They beat Fresno by 17 early in the year. While both teams were playing on a shorter than normal week, the Broncos were fortunate to catch the Bulldogs off a double-OT loss. Also, considering that Fresno lost 52-14 to Nevada six weeks ago and more recently were beaten by lowly Wyoming in its bowl game, Boise's "big win" starts to look less impressive. As for the win over Nevada, Boise was fortunate to face the Wolfpack on the blue turf. The Broncos won by 11, failing to cover the number. Given Nevada's 45-10 loss vs. SMU in the Hawaii Bowl, that victory also starts to look far less impressive. TCU, on the other hand, has faced a much more difficult schedule and has shown no mercy, regardless of the opponent. For starters, the Frogs recently played on the road, at Wyoming, facing the same team that beat Fresno. That resulted in a 45-10 destruction. The previous week, the Frogs absolutely dismantled Utah, winning by a score of 55-10. That's even more impressive, when considering that Utah just had its way vs. Cal in the Pointsetta Bowl. How about SMU, the team that crushed Nevada? TCU beat the Mustangs by a score of 39-14. Early in the year, the Frogs went on the road and won at Clemson while also winning by 16 at Virginia. Last but certainly not least, the Frogs played BYU on the road and won by a score of 38-7! For the season, the Frogs have outscored opponents by an average of 40.7 to 12.4. They've won each of their last seven games by a minimum of 27 points and by an average of 36.6 points! Looking at last year's bowl game and we find that TCU fell behind 13-0 and still rallied to win the game. The final score of that game was very close. However, a look at the stats shows that the Frogs actually dominated. They had a 28-15 edge in first downs and a 472-250 edge in total yards. That included a commanding 275-28 edge on the ground! Naturally, they also had a significant edge (36:07-23:53) in terms of time of possession. Everyone remembers the big win over Oklahoma a few years ago. However, not many realize that last year's loss dropped Boise to just 4-10 vs. ranked teams, since moving up to Division I-A in 1996. This year's TCU team is even better. Much better. Personally, I don't believe the same can be said of Boise. Both teams are excellent offensively (note that Boise's top receiver, Austin Pettis, who led the WAC with 14 touchdown, is questionable) but I believe TCU has a big edge on defense. Boise coach Petersen knows his team is in tough: "I think when we played those guys last year it was one of the better teams we had matched up with in a long time. I think TCU's gotten even better than last year and taken the next step in their progress with their program and what they're doing. It'll be a tremendous challenge ... for us to hang in there and play with those guys." I'll close my analysis with a post-game quote from last year's bowl game. Ian Johnson, Boise's longtime star running back, no longer with the team, said of the Frogs: "They had better athletes than we've ever seen. They played with so much heart. You didn't look over there one time and say, 'We broke them.' They knew they were going to come back and they believed in themselves the whole time." *10 Bowl GOY

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Root 3* Western Ky (+7) over Miss St