PDA

View Full Version : 1-4-10

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 12:47 PM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

::handshake::

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Teddy Covers

TCU under 20* Big Ticket

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 12:49 PM
St. Bernadine Sports...
Andrew Bucciarelli

8 winning days in a row...
Adding to an already incredible 20 Day Run...
41-18 (+32.00 Units)

2* Boston Bruins (+106) over New York Rangers
This is the second game between these two teams as the first matchup gave the Rangers a 1-0 series lead. The Rangers will be facing a much stronger Boston Bruin team and this matchup will go to the away team. The Rangers are coming off a loss to the league worst Carolina Hurricanes. The Boston Bruins are still going strong after their Winter Classic win. If they follow history, they will be the third team to win the next four games after winning the Winter Classic. The Rangers have lost the last 8 of 9 at Madison Square Garden. Look for Marc Savard to come out of his slump and pull a win together for the Bruins.

2* San Jose Sharks (-200) over Los Angeles Kings
This is the fourth of six meetings this season and the Kings have taken two of three games so far this season. Both games have been very close decisions and San Jose is looking to continue their eight game winning streak by defeating the Kings. Evgeni Nabokov has allowed two goals or less in eight consecutive starts, going 7-0-1 in that stretch with a .947 save percentage. The Sharks have just 8 losses and they are not going to beat their own drum. They are still taking each game one at a time and will not lower their play when they take on the Kings. Watch Nabokov as he will have a great game.

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Craig Davis
Monday's Lineup
75 Dime --- TCU (NOTE: absolutely buy this 1/2 point for insurance down to a key number of 7 or, even better, 6 1/2. never get beat by the hook. This number has been hovering around -7 and -7 1/2 for the better part of two weeks now and I have a feeling it might go up. Get this game as early as you can and shop around to find 7 so you can buy it down to 6 1/2)

10 Dime --- 2 Team, 5-point Teaser: CINCINNATI and OVER

TCU HORNED FROGS (Buy the 1/2 point) --- Instead of calling this the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl it should be called the "We Deserve Respect" Bowl or the "Don't Forget About Us Little Guys" Bowl, because that's all we've been hearing about from these smaller, non-BCS Conferences ever since the BCS came into existence.

And you know what?? They're right. They probably don't get enough respect. They've proven, in past years, to be just as competitive as some of the better teams from BCS Conference schools. Just ask Alabama last year. Or Oklahoma and Pittsburgh from a few years back. It happens every year... one of these big underdogs from a small conference knocks off a "major power" from a BCS Conference and we're left to wonder... "what if?" But what happens when two teams from these "weaker" conferences get together for a bowl game... then what?

To be honest, I think the country is getting rear-ended here. These two Cinderella stories should be playing one of the big boys, not each other. But, it is what it is and I'm here to tell you that TCU is more more equipped this year to handle the talents of a major conference team than the Boise State Broncos. Why? Defense. Boise State's defense is NOTHING compared to TCU's and that's going to be the difference in tonight's game.

If you've been watching these bowl games you've seen complete domination from teams in the Mountain West Conference... from Wyoming's miracle win over Fresno State to Utah and BYU clobbering Cal and Oregon State by double digits (yes, two very good teams from the mighty Pac 10) to Air Force's complete domination of Houston. If my records are correct, the Mountain West Conference is 4-0 this post-season, winning each and every game by 7 or more (three of the four by double digits).

Meanwhile, while MWC teams were kicking the crap out of their competition, teams from Boise's conference, the Western Athletic, were getting kicked around by lesser competition. Want proof? Let's take Nevada, for instance. Okay, so they were without their top RB. That doesn't excuse Nevada from getting pummeled by a very average SMU team like they did. Strike one. What about Fresno State... a team that will play anyone, anytime, anywhere? They started the bowl season off with a lousy overtime loss to pitiful Wyoming. Strike two. And then there was Idaho... the only team that brought respectability to the conference... they eeked out a 43-42 win over Bowling Green by going for two with 4 seconds left. You saw it, you know that game could have gone either way. So you tell me... which conference has impressed you more?

Now, take the top team from the MWC, the TCU Horned Frogs, a team that beat Utah and BYU handily, they beat Virginia and Clemson from BCS Conference schools... and neither one of those teams was able to muster more than 14 points against this vaunted defense. I'm telling you folks... TCU is for real and could compete with any team in the country. This team is better than any team Garry Patterson has had in his tenure at TCU and tonight, in front of the whole country, they will show just how good they are.

This line opened at around 4 and within a few days the sharps pushed it up to 7... another key number in Vegas. The last time I saw (it's happened other times but this one I remember most recently) a line jump like this so quickly was when Florida played Florida State a few weeks back. Florida opened as a 21-point favorite and it was quickly bet up to 24. The Gators ended up winning by 27. I see the same thing happening here... Vegas sharps know how good TCU is and they realize 4 points was an absolute joke. To be honest, I think 7 points is a joke and that's why I'm making it my highest rated college football game to date. The only way TCU doesn't cover this number is if they commit an inordinate amount of penalties and turn the ball over more than they normally do. That's it. It's that clear cut in my book.

I could go into a lot of statistical mumbo jumbo, but you can read the numbers. You know how good both of these teams have been in conference, but what you might not know is that Boise State lacks the defense that TCU has and simply won't be able to stop TCU many times. The Broncos have allowed 21 or more points on five occasions this year while the Frogs allowed more than 17 points just once... to Utah, and the Utes got a late, garbage-time TD as they were trailing 55-21 at the time.

Look, I'm not saying the Broncos won't score points... they clearly will. TCU is not invincible. But I see this game somewhat like I saw Florida and Cincinnati a few nights ago. The Bearcats scored a ton of points during the regular season but when they ran into a team that could actually play defense they struggled to score 3 points in the first half. Cincy would come back to score 21 points in the second half but had absolutely no answer to Florida's offense. I don't think Boise will have an answer for TCU's offense... and even if they score 24 points tonight, they'll have to find a way to stop Andy Dalton and the TCU offense which averaged over 40 points per game.

The last time these two hooked up... in last year's Poinsettia Bowl, TCU walked away with a 17-16 win despite dominating the stat sheet. They feel like they left a lot of points on the field despite their defense playing so well. They held QB Kellen Moore to just over 200 yards passing and no TDs while Boise was barely able to rush for 29 yards in that game. Tonight, they won't leave points on the field... last year left a sour taste in their mouths despite winning the game and tonight they want to finish the job.

Boise's top receiver, Austin Pettis, suffered a severe lower leg injury in their second-to-last game of the regular season vs. Nevada and it's still not 100% and may not play. That's HUGE because he was Kellen Moore's favorite target in the passing game. The guy had 14 TD receptions in their first 11 games before suffering a fractured lower leg in that Nevada game. He's making progress but it's still uncertain whether or not he'll be able to play. Even if he's able to get the "green light", how effective can he really be?

I realize it's hard NOT to take the underdog in this game because so many bowl dogs have been covering, but that's exactly what I thought in the Texas Tech/MSU game and in the Cincy/Florida game... how did that work out? Don't be surprised if the Broncos come out with gadget plays and a circus-style offense early on... because Chris Peterson knows that's the only way his team has a chance to win. But that playbook only goes so deep and eventually the tricks are going to run out. This game might actually be tighter than we want in the first half, but expect the bigger TCU offensive line to wear down Boise State in the second half and walk away with a 14+ point win in tonight's Fiesta Bowl.

2-team, 5-point teaser --- CINCINNATI AND THE OVER (college hoops) --- Despite the football madness these past two months, there's still money to be made in college hoops, and I'm going to prove myself to you with this two-team teaser that's sure to bring home some additional money after TCU covers their bowl game. The Cincy Bearcats are catching the Pitt Panthers in a great spot here, coming into Ohio off an impressive 82-72 upset win over previously-unbeaten Syracuse. The Panthers are still trying to figure out what type of a team they are after losing some talent to the NBA from last year's squad. This team is young, but talented, but they lack the defensive toughness they had last season with DeJuan Blair. To score 82 points against Syracuse on the road tells me a lot about this team... they want to outscore you instead of stopping you... one of the main reasons I like the OVER in this teaser. Both teams average around 70 PPG for the season and I expect both teams to get close to that number here tonight.

I'm taking my chances with Cincy, basically on the money line, to get the SU win over Pittsburgh. Could they cover the 4 points Vegas has them listed at right now? Sure. But I feel much safer playing the Bearcats in this teaser getting a point... meaning they basically just need to win the game. It reminds me a lot of when UConn came into their house and everyone in the world thought the Huskies would walk out with a victory. The line closed at 2 and the Bearcats won by 2, meaning you would have pushed your straight wager but would have won with them in a teaser. Same scenario applies tonight. Pittsburgh comes into this game riding high, emotionally, from that win over Syracuse... and if history has taught us anything it's always safe to play against that team in their next game... especially if it's a road game against a solid opponent. Liking Cincy and the OVER as your top teaser of the day.

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Anthony Redd:

25 dime:

Boise State

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Fantasy Sports Gametime
Monday NHL Plays

NHL Hockey

50* Play San Jose (-210) over Los Angeles

Mr. IWS
Stephen Nover
Monday's Picks 100 Dime - Under Boise State/TCU

Boise State ranks first in the nation in scoring averaging 44.2 points per game. TCU averages 40.7 points per game, which is fourth-best in the country.

But I'm more impressed with the great defenses of these two teams. TCU gives up 12.4 points per game, while Boise is holding foes to 17.7 points per game. I see defense trumping offense especially with the long layoff these teams have had. Boise last played on Dec. 5, while TCU hasn't been in action since Nov. 28.

Not only are the offenses going to be rusty and out of sync, but the defenses will have had ample time to prepare. The two teams met in the Poinsettia Bowl last December and TCU won, 17-16. Boise State could manage just 250 yards of offense.

TCU had a great defense last season ranking second. But the Horned Frogs have even a more dominant defense this season being faster on the edges and stronger in the trenches. They rank No. 1 in the nation in total defense yielding 233.3 yards per game.

These teams got their big offensive numbers beating cupcakes and foes with horrendous defenses. Boise's last seven games, for instance, were against Hawaii, San Jose State, Louisiana Tech, Idaho, Utah State, Nevada and New Mexico State. The Broncos averaged 49.2 points against those hapless defenses.

When Boise met a legitimate team - Oregon - it won 19-8.

TCU fattened its scoring up against weak sisters in the Mountain West Conference, a top-heavy league with four good teams and four really bad ones. When the Horned Frogs met their toughest non-league foe - Clemson - they won 14-10.

In the biggest games with the toughest competition, both Boise and TCU won with defense in low-scoring matchups. Look for that to be the case in this matchup just like last year's bowl game.

15 Dime - VCU

The combination of athleticism, rebounding, deeper bench, situation and holding a strong home-court edge put me on Virginia Commonwealth.

The Rams should prove too athletic for Northeastern. The Huskies figure to have problems containing 6-foot-11 Larry Sanders.

Northeastern has its own star in swingman Matt Janning. But VCU has been strong recently in holding down the opposition's main target. In their last four games, the Rams have combined to hold their opponent's leading scorer to 41.8 percent shooting from the floor.

VCU has proven very strong at home. Among their notable home wins this season are 82-69 over Oklahoma, 85-76 over Nevada, 82-80 over Rhode Island, 65-57 over Richmond, 82-74 over East Carolina and 91-57 over NC Wilmington.

Northeastern is playing for the fourth time in seven days. The Huskies have lost six of their eight road contests. VCU is 8-3 against the spread in its last 11 home games versus a team with a losing road record.

10 Dime - Atlanta Hawks

The Hawks should be primed for this road matchup against Miami having lost three in a row for the first time this season.

The Hawks lost back-to-back games against Cleveland, an elite opponent they have trouble matching up against us. Still brooding about those two losses, the Hawks then lost in overtime to the Knicks on Friday. Nate Robinson came out of nowhere - actually Mike D'Antoni's doghouse - to drop 41 points on the Hawks.

The Hawks have had the entire weekend to put those losses behind them and get prepared for this matchup. Atlanta is 6-1 against the spread in its last seven games following a straight-up loss.

Atlanta also is the top pointspread team in the NBA covering 22 of 32 games.

Miami is playing for the fourth time in six days. The Heat has lost its last three games falling to New Orleans, San Antonio and Charlotte by a combined 44 points.

Only lowly New Jersey has a worse home mark that the Heat. Miami is just 10-9 at home. The Heat have lost home contests to Charlotte, Washington, Memphis and Oklahoma City. None of those teams made the playoffs last season.

The Heat is 4-10 against the spread in its last 14 home matchups. Miami has failed to cover during 21 of its last 29 home games when facing an opponent with a winning road record.

The Hawks defeated the Heat, 105-90, at home on Nov. 18 in their lone meeting this season. The Hawks won by 15 points despite being outshot from the floor.

Mr. IWS
Karl Garrett 30 DIMER - TCU HORNED FROGS.....10 DIMER - PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS 30 DIMER - TCU HORNED FROGS

Deja Vu for these 2, as they met last season in the Poinsettia Bowl with TCU coming through with a misleading 17-16 win as the field goal favorite.

The Frogs dominated the stat sheet, but the 1-point win was the best they could manage.

Not tonight my friends, as TCU will take this one by double-digits.

Boise State's defense is lacking, TCU's is NOT. In their 12 games this season, the Frogs held the opposition to 14 points or less.

That is going to make a difference come the latter stages of this Fiesta Bowl, I feel sure of that.

This line is a sucker line plain-and-simple. Boise looks enticing as the dog, as we all remember the trick-plays, etc., but I am here to tell you that the Horned Frogs are not to be denied this evening.

Lay it with TCU

10 DIMER - PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS

Let's see, the Blazers have won the last 4 in the series, and 7 of the last 8.

The road team has covered 7 of the last 8 in this series, and Portland comes into La-La-Land having won 6 of their last 7 games overall!

I gotta tell you, I will gladly take the Blazers plus a basket or so against the Clippers.

The Clippers have won just 2 of their last 6 straight up, and both of those wins came against East Conference teams that were playing on the road over the holidays.

Take Portland to notch another series win.

Blazers plus the points the play.

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 12:52 PM
David Banks ( tiredoflosing )

Yesterday:
2-4 NFL
0-1 NBA

MONDAY JANUARY 4 2010

NCAAF
8:00 Boise State +7 Pts
Over

NBA
7:30 Atlanta Hawks -1.5 Pts
8:00 Oklahoma City +1.5 Pts
10:30 LA Clippers -3 Pts

NCAABB
7:00 Cincinnati -4 Pts
11:00 New Mexico State +4 Pts

Mr. IWS
MREAST NCAAB MONDAY MADNESS

Jaspers are turning into the team that can't shoot straight. Their last 5 games have included Morgan St., LIU Brooklyn, and Marist, teams you would expect them to find some room, and knock down some shots. The problem is they have shot 96-298 in their last 5 or an anemic 32.2%. They have also been icy from deep at 16-69, or 23.1%. Broncos 5 very balanced with all 5 sporting double-digit assist totals, and 4 of 5 double-digit scoring, will bring enough here to get the road win.

#553 RIDER BRONCOS @ #554 MANHATTAN JASPERS 7PM EST

PLAY ON #553 RIDER BRONCOS +2 -110 FOR 3 UNITS

Mr. IWS
RAS..UC Riverside-4..La Tech-1.5..Both one unit..Cal St Northridge-1..1.5 unit..San Jose St-2..two units

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Tom Freese
Play on OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER +2
Game Analysis: Oklahoma City is 9-2 ATS their last 11 trips to Chicago and they are 37-16 ATS their last 53 games off a straight loss. The Thunder are 27-10 ATS their last 37 games off an ATS loss and they are 8-1 ATS on Monday. Chicago is 3-10-3 ATS their last 16 home games and they are 1-5 ATS after scoring 100 or more points in their last game. The Bulls are 3-13 ATS at home after covering ATS in two or more straight games and they are 9-22 ATS after making 50% or more of their three points shots in their last game. PLAY ON OKLAHOMA CITY +

Mr. IWS
Doc's Sports College Basketball 1/4

4. Unit Play. #526 Take Louisiana Tech -2 ½ over Utah State (8 pm) For some reason the Bulldogs are in the WAC and they are undervalued, as a team and expect them to take care of business tonight, at Thomas Assembly Center. The Aggies are a completely different team at home then they are on the road and the Bulldogs are a perfect, 6-0 at home this season. La Tech has four players scoring in double figures and that will be enough to propel them to a victory on Monday.. The Aggies are just 2-4 in true road games this season.

Best of Luck – Doc’s Sports

Mr. IWS
Fargo’s **9** FIESTA BOWL SIDE WINNER **80% RUN**
2010 just started and it has already been ASTOUNDING for Matt and his bowl program. Following a 4-1 (80%) New Years Day, he went 4-1 (80%) Saturday to make him 8-2 (80%) in his 10 bowl reports in 2010! Going back further, he is 11-4 (73.3%) and the Boise St./TCU Winner is backed by PHENOMENAL 23-2 ATS (92%) Team Angles!

TCU

Mr. IWS
Tom Freese TCU/BOISE ST 10* SIDE WINNER!
WOW! Tom Freese is 8-2 ATS in College Football Bowl games. On Monday Tom has the Boise St/TCU WINNER on tap. It's backed by a Strong System and AWESOME ATS numbers. Join Tom now for what will be an EASY WINNER!

TCU

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Hollywood Sports 25* CFB FIESTA BOWL BEATDOWN
Frank Sawyer's Hollywood Sports DELIVERED his 25* Bowl Underdog Game of the Year with East Carolina on Saturday. For the entire 2009-10 college football season, Frank has CA$HED 24 of his 40 (60%) highest-rated 25* side releases. Frank keeps the profits coming in with the Boise State-TCU ATS winner. GO GET IT!

Boise St

Mr. IWS
MURRAY HILL MIKE’S ***FIESTA BOWL BONANZA***
Murray Hill Mike is coming off a WINNING Saturday as he CASHED both his Cotton Bowl Blowout on Ole Miss and his CFB Black Hand Bowl Winner on Texas Tech! Tonight Mike has the WINNER of the Boise St/TCU game with his FIESTA BOWL BONANZA! This one is loaded with all the WINNING

Boise St

Mr. IWS
Ryan’s 7* Fiesta Bowl Titan; 91% ATS angles
Ryan’s Bowl run took a break Saturday with a losing day, but he still stands at a solid 25-9-1 ATS for 74% winners over the last 2 bowl seasons. Join him for this winner that is reinforced by his extensive research featuring game dependent angles sporting a 43-4 ATS mark for 91% winners

TCU

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 12:56 PM
*10* GAME OF MONTH! **16-5/76% MNF**
***Massive ~ Investment ~ Opportunity *** Parsons easily nailed the "over" in the Vikes/Bears game last Monday night and is an absolutely epic 16-5 (76%) with his "Monday Night Football" selections this season! Parsons puts it all on the line this Monday night with the correct call in the Fiesta Bowl; go get it!

TCU

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Asa 9* Goy Iowa +4

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Bryant

Fiesta Bowl - Boise State vs. TCU - 8:10 p.m. ET on FOX

Bet: UNDER 53.5

NOTE: Bet this NOW because I believe the line will continue to drop.
At first glance, it would be easy to take the Over in this matchup. We have a Boise State offense averaging 44.2 points per game, with QB Kellen Moore tossing 39 TDs and just 3 INTs. And we also have a TCU offense averaging 40.7 points per game. But that only tells half the story.
As potent as those offenses are, I believe it's the defenses that will tell the story in this one. Boise State's defense allows just 17.7 points and 299.6 yards per game. Their yards per point on defense is a very solid 16.7. TCU's defense is even better. The Horned Frogs allow just 12.4 points and 233.2 yards per game, with a yards per point of 19.5.
These two met in last year's Poinsettia Bowl and TCU prevailed, 17-16. Boise State only played one top caliber team this season and that was their opener against Oregon (another explosive offense). That game ended with 27 total points scored. TCU's only road games against decent opponents were at Clemson (24 total points scored), Air Force (37), and BYU (45).
Bottom line: I don't expect much to be different from last year's bowl clash. I expect this game to end with a total between 41 and 45. Go UNDER.

Mr. IWS
Marc Lawrence

20-2 ATS Fiesta Bowl Super System Play! - Monday
Boise St

Mr. IWS
Chris Jordan Monday night winners ...

300? GEORGIA STATE - Will get your analysis on these two winners to you by 4 p.m. eastern

50? BOISE STATE - this is in the Bowl game versus TCU.

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 12:59 PM
4. Unit Play. #526 Take Louisiana Tech -2 ½ over Utah State (8 pm) For some reason the Bulldogs are in the WAC and they are undervalued, as a team and expect them to take care of business tonight, at Thomas Assembly Center. The Aggies are a completely different team at home then they are on the road and the Bulldogs are a perfect, 6-0 at home this season. La Tech has four players scoring in double figures and that will be enough to propel them to a victory on Monday.. The Aggies are just 2-4 in true road games this season.

Best of Luck – Doc’s Sports

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Ferrringo 1/4/10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3-Unit Play. Take #527 Mississippi State (-5) over Western Kentucky (9 p.m., Monday, Jan. 4)

2-Unit Play. Take #531 CS-Northridge (-1.5) over UC-Davis (10 p.m., Monday, Jan. 4)

1.5-Unit Play. Take #523 Alabama (-14) over Toledo (7 p.m., Monday, Jan. 4)

0.5-Unit Play. Take #512 Cincinnati (-4.5) over Pittsburgh (7 p.m., Monday, Jan. 4)

0.5-Unit Play. Take #509 Northeastern (+7) over VCU (7 p.m., Monday, Jan. 4)

0.5-Unit Play. Take #557 Samford (+10) over Davidson (7 p.m., Monday, Jan. 4)

0.5-Unit Play. Take #549 Iona (-2) over Canisius (7 p.m., Monday, Jan. 4)

0.5-Unit Play. Take #521 UNC-Wilmington (+9) over William and Mary (7 p.m., Monday, Jan. 4)

0.5-Unit Play. Take #560 Eastern Kentucky (-4) over Austin Peay (7:30 p.m., Monday, Jan. 4)

0.5-Unit Play. Take #526 Louisiana Tech (-2) over Utah State (8 p.m., Monday, Jan. 4)

0.5-Unit Play. Take #565 UT-Martin (+21) over Murray State (8:30 p.m., Monday, Jan. 4)

These are 5-point teasers:

1-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #527 Mississippi State (Pk) over Western Kentucky (9 p.m.) AND Take #542 New Mexico Sate (+8.5) over Nevada (11 p.m.)

0.5-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #535 UCSB (+10) over UC-Riverside (10 p.m.) AND Take #542 New Mexico State (+8.5) over Nevada (11 p.m.)

0.5-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #509 Northeastern (+12) over VCU (7 p.m.) AND Take #555 North Carolina (-9.5) over Charleston (7 p.m.)

0.5-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #517 Hofstra (+10) over George Mason (7 p.m.) AND Take #545 Fairfield (+11.5) over Niagara (7 p.m.)

0.5-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #523 Alabama (-9) over Toledo (7 p.m., Monday, Jan. 4) AND Take #527 Mississippi State (Pk) over Western Kentucky (9 p.m.)

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 01:20 PM
SPORTS WAGERS

TCU –7 over Boise St

The Boise St Broncos are ranked 6th in the country but this program has to be questioned for its scheduling, or lack thereof. The Broncos went undefeated and they posted some tremendous offensive numbers in the process, however, outside of its opening week win over Oregon in which they scored just 19 points, they played a whole bunch of nobodies. In fact, in its 13 wins, Boise St. was a 20-point favorite or more in eight of them. They were a 9½-point favorite or more in two others, a 7½-point favorite against Fresno St. and a 3½-point favorite against the aforementioned Ducks. This Bronco team barely broke a sweat the whole year and now they’re being asked to go to battle against a true power when they haven’t been tested all season long. Hell, they were a 46-point favorite in one game, not to mention a 39-point favorite and 36-point favorite. Are you kidding me? Meanwhile, the Frogs destroyed a quality (#14) BYU team at BYU by 24 points. They also won at Clemson and at Air Force and when they faced #16 Utah at TCU, they whacked them by 27. In terms of quality opponents comparing these two is like comparing Rosie O’Donnell to Monica Bellucci and it’s not in the Broncos favor. Lay the points. Play: TCU –7 (Risking 2.28 units to win 2).

Atlanta/MIAMI under 195½

Both these teams are in a funk with three straight losses and for both teams there are a couple of disturbing one’s. After losing back-to-back games to the Cav’s, the Hawks subsequently lost its next game at home to the Knicks in OT. As for the Heat, well, they lost in New Orleans by four and in San Antonio, which is no big deal, however, they lost in San An by 30, allowed the Spurs 108 points in the process and that is a big deal. They also lost its last game in Miami to the Bobcats and allowed that team 107 points. Ouch. Those last two poor defensive performances against two very offensively challenged teams is cause for concern on the defensive end and with the rival Hawks in town the defensive intensity has to be turned up ten fold. When a team is losing (in this case, two teams) the responsibility is often shifted to the defense and both teams know that’s how you get back to winning. The Heat are at home and they know they can’t get into a shootout with Atlanta because they virtually have no shot of winning if they do. In an important game for both squads, expect the defense to show up for both and also expect the Heat to try and slow this game way down. Play: Atlanta/Miami under 195½ (Risking 2.16 units to win 2).

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 02:15 PM
FantasySportsGametime.com

Monday Football

NCAA Football

1000* Play Boise State (+7.5) over TCU (TOP NCAA PLAY)

Boise State has won 14 consecutive games when the total posted is between 49.5 and 56 points and they have also won 10 of the last 11 games vs. Mountain West Conference Opponents. Boise State has won 16 of the last 17 games coming off an UNDER the total and they are averaging over 44 points a game on offense this season.

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Mark Roth

10 Units Georgia State (-2)
10 Units TCU (-7)
10 Units Louisiana Tech (-2)

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 02:16 PM
FantasySportsGametime.com

Monday Basketball

NBA Basketball

100* Play Oklahoma City (+1.5) over Chicago (TOP NBA PLAY)

Oklahoma City has covered the spread in 11 of the last 12 games after failing to cover the spread and they have also covered the spread in 6 of the last 7 games coming off a road loss. Chicago has lost 28 of the last 34 games coming off a win as an underdog and they are only averaging 92 points a game on offense this season.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NCAA Basketball

100* Play Utah State (+2) over Louisiana Tech (TOP NCAA PLAY)

Utah State has won 14 of the last 16 games when playing in the month of January and they have also won 19 of the last 22 games after failing to cover the spread in two of the last three games. Utah State has won 8 of the last 9 games vs. Louisiana Tech and they are only allowing an average of 59 points a game on defense this season.

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Steve Duemig Monday 20 Dime - Boise State

This is a rematch of last year's Poinsettia Bowl which was won by TCU by 1 point late. As we watched this season unfold, the odds makers have inflated the line on TCU to no avail. It seemed like any number they threw out there, TCU found a way to cover it. They haven't played the sternest of competition though but their schedule is what it is. Boise St is undefeated for the second straight season but were complaining a bit about having to play another undefeated team and the same team that they faced last year. These teams also wanted to put their game up against some of the big conference boys, but they should both just shut up and play. They are both getting the big pay day that a BCS bowl brings you and they are two teams that the public wants to see play each other.

Now lets break down the game and see if we can come up with a winner. There are a couple of areas that we have to look at in bowl matchups. First is the line play. Both have very good and very quick defenses and both teams can get after the passer. We saw how Boise did it against Oregon in the first game of the year, and that game right there is still a factor in what we will determine in this game. Oregon played in the Rose Bowl this year and while they were man handled by Ohop St. Boise manhandled them even more. They also protect their QB Kellen Moore very well. He was sacked only 5 times the entire season!! None of those were in the last 5 games as well. So edge in the trenches goes to Boise St. Next is the QB play. both teams have outstanding QB's. Both are very experienced and both make their teams go. But there is one distinction between the two that really stands out. Kellen Moore REALLY takes care of the football 39 TD's and only 3 picks the whole season.

That is a 13 - 1 ratio!! Moore also gets the ball out quickly which should help negate the vicious pass rush that the Horned Fogs can throw at you. Defensively this is not a mismatch either as TCU is ranked #1 , while Boise's D is ranked 13th nationally. The total on the game has come down despite the majority of the bets being on the over, and yes I think it will go back up tomorrow as the game approaches. The under could and should be a bonus play for you but that is not the official play in here.

I believe that the big boys have their middle created around the key number of 7. They have forced it down to 6.5 at one point and they have hammered the line at 7.5. We will continue to go with the bowl bread and butter here though and that is the fact that teams getting 7 or more in bowl games are hitting at 70 percent over the last 11 seasons. I am not a big fan of revenge games in college but in this one I think it is for real and I do think that Boise who has played in this bowl before, beating Oklahoma and I believe they will draw on that and will cover and win outright against TCU. We'll settle for the cover though.

Strategy note: Wait on this one to see if you can get the hook. If it doesn't come, you might consider buying it to get off the key number and an added level of comfort.

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 02:55 PM
ATS LOCK CLUB AND TOTALS
4 Units on TCU (-7) over Boise State, 8pmET

3 on the under 53.5 TCU/BOISE STATE

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Kelso 1/4
Kelso BB

3 units Wm & Mary -9
5 units La Tech -2
5 units Hornets +8
10 units Cal Irvine -8
25 units G Mason -4.5

FB

10 units TCU -7.5

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Doc NBA

3-Unit Play #505 Take New Orleans/Utah UNDER 197 (9 p.m. EST, Monday)

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Smooth44 plays:

CFB
8:00PM EST
261 BoiseState
262 TCU
PLAY OF THE DAY: TCU -7
PREDICTION: TCU 30 BOISE STATE 17

CBB
7:00PM EST
509 Northeastern
510 Va Commonwealth
TOP PLAY: VCU -6 -120

7:00PM EST
555 North Carolina
556 Coll Charleston
TOP PLAY: NORTH CAROLINA -14 -120

9:00PM EST
527 MississippiState
528 Western Kentucky
TOP PLAY: MISSISSIPPISTATE -6 -120

10:00PM EST
533 Idaho
534 San Jose State
TOP PLAY: IDAHO +2

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 04:01 PM
tim trushel

new mexico st/ regular

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Teddy Covers

Cbb
Fairfield

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 04:02 PM
hesiman trophy 40* tcu -7

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Savannah Sports

Todays Selections

NCAA Bowl Games
3 (***) Boise St +7

Professional Plays
Eric Degarde
Todays Selections

NCAA Basketball
1 (*) Cincinnati -4.5
1 (*) College of Charleston +14

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 06:22 PM
SuperSportsGroup

NCAAB

Pitt v. Cincy 7pm
PICK: Pitt +4.5 Game (9*) Best Bet of the day
PICK: OVER 125.5 Game (6*)
PICK: UNDER 65 1H (4*)

Old Dominion v. Towson St 7pm
PICK: Towson St +7 1H (7*)

Fairfield v. Niagara 7pm
PICK: Fairfield +3 1H (7*)

Siena v. Loyola MD 7pm
PICK: Loyola MD +6 Game (7*)

Middle Tennessee St v. Vanderbilt 9pm
PICK: OVER 136.5 Game (8*)

NBA

OKC v. Chicago 8pm
PICK: Chicago -2.5 Game (8*)

New Orleans v. Utah 9pm
PICK: OVER 196 Game (9*) Best Bet of the day

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Street Rosenthal

*200 - TCU -7
*200 - Chi Bulls -2-1/2

Trey Scott

*200 - VCU -6
*200 - Lo Tech -2
*200 - Mid Tn. St. +16
*200 - Cal St. Northridge -2

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Northcoast
Top -- Boise
2* Marq--under

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 06:36 PM
executive hoops
400 nevada

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Matt Rivers of OffshoreInsiders.com
Super handicapper Matt Rivers has a free Monday winner. It’s William & Mary minus the points against NC Wilmington.

I have been all over the Tribe this season because this program is much improved and is actually pretty darn solid right now. The days of being terrible appear to be long gone, just ask Maryland, VCU, Richmond and Wake Forest as all of those teams lost outright to Bill and Mary.

I though can’t lay points like this in a real pay type play because they are still “William & Mary but at 10-2 I will continue to ride Tony Shaver’s much improved squad. Both Schneider and McDowell are leading the way and at home here these guys should fully outclass a pretty awful Wilmington team.

The Seahawks used to be the class of this conference years back but that is no longer the case as today’s visitors are coming off of that 91-57 beatdown from the same VCU team that lost to William & Mary. Overall Wilmington is a porous 4-8 and has no stability whatsoever as coach Benny Moss cannot find any right combinations. This team has zero momentum or confidence and are going on the road to face a team that is absoluteing flying high right now.

I’m not saying that Moss’ team is a total dreadful bottom feeder mess. They have been alright at times this season and are a much better team than they showed last week but all in all they are facing a clear better team and a red hot team tonight and keeping this thing tight for 40 minutes just does not appear to be too realistic.

The pick: 64-49 final in favor of Bill & Mary. Matt Rivers was the winningest handicapper ever on a large network of handicapping sites before being promoted to The Show.

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 06:37 PM
K. Bales 15 TCU-7 CFB
10 HEAT+1.5
10 THUNDER+2
5 CINN.-4 CBB

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 06:38 PM
OC Dooley:

1 UNIT” COLLEGE BASKETBALL LINETRACKER SPECIAL (Davidson -9’ at home versus Samford in a 7:05 eastern tipoff): We have had a major line swing in this contest which actually opened with Davidson laying 11’ points, so we actually have some line value with a favorite early this evening. Of course Davidson has now been wiped off the national map as star Stephen Curry is now playing in the NBA, but the fact of the matter is that the Wildcats faced a challenging non-conference schedule with was ranked 56th-toughest in the land. What most impresses me regarding Davidson is their depth as the BENCH has outscored the competition by a whopping 329-202 combined count so far this season. Even without Curry, the Wildcats offense can still light things up from long range as they have averaged nearly 10 successful THREE POINT shots per contest. Davidson has nailed at least 13 “long range” shots from behind the arc FIVE different times which gives them quick strike capability. Tonight is a Southern Conference tilt as my research indicates that the various teams in this league have been excellent when playing in front of the HOME fans. Samford is 5-1 at home so far but this is a road affair this evening for the Bulldogs who traditionally have had severe problems covering the spread with their current head coach. Samford long term is a very poor 4-12 ATS/ROAD after four consecutive low scoring affairs where both sides scored 70-or-less points. So far in a pair of Southern Conference tilts Samford has averaged just over 47 points per pop which immediately puts them at a disadvantage against tonight’s opponent who is led by 21-year veteran coach Bob McKillop. In the past three years McKillop’s Davidson crew is an impressive 15-4 ATS off a “no cover” where the team won outright as a favorite

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Killersportslive

10 dime St. Peter's -9.5

10 dime Bulls- 1.5 NBA

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 06:55 PM
RAS

Old Dom Over 132

Wm and mary Under 136.5

Mr. IWS
Andre Gomes

CHI -1.5 vs OKL

The Bulls have been a good defensive team all season and the numbers speak by themselves: they are allowing 97.1 points per game - good for the 10th best NBA mark and they are allowing their opponents to shot 43.9% from the field - only the Cavaliers, Lakers and the Magic have better numbers in this department!

The problem for them is related with their offense, as they are in the bottom in any major offensive ranking. We can say that Vinny Del Negro sucks and blame him for the struggles, but bottom line this problem is all about the lacking of executing of their players. The Bulls won't win many games if Derrick Rose plays the way he did in the first months of the competition or if Tyrus Thomas doesn't step up on the court. That happened with the Bulls early on the season and naturally that the Bulls struggled to win.

However, Derrick Rose is improving his game and against the Magic he made his best performance in the season with 30 points (11-for-23 from the field, 8-for-10 FT), seven assists and six boards! It was the sixth time in the last seven games that Rose has gone over 20 points and he is averaging 24 points over his last five outings, after averaging just 16.2 ppg in November per example. The Bulls are riding a season high 4-game winning streak and last game against Orlando was a good sign of their improvement: they outrebounded the Magic, they held Howard to a 3-7 shooting night and they had a nice ball movement with 21 assists and 12 turnovers.

Meanwhile, the Thunder is coming from a tough loss in Milwaukee after overtime against the Bucks and naturally that they want to bounce back tonight. However there are some problems related with this team: Both Thabo Sefolosha and Russell Westbrook are struggling with some injuries of late and in the case of Westbrook this is problematic for the team. In the last 4 games, Westbrook has shot 4-12, 5-14, 3-12 and 6-16, a total mark of 18-54 from the field (only 33%). Plus the Thunder is having some problems to secure the glass as in the last 3 games, they allowed their opponents to grab 13, 17 and 19 offensive boards and the Chicago is a great offensive rebounding team - currently they are the 4th best team in the league and with the return of Tyrus Thomas, they are even more stronger on this department.

I believe that the Bulls have the momentum on their side for tonight and they have some important edges on their side as well like the rebound battle that justifies them to be more favored for tonight and that's why I'm taking them tonight.

NOTE: The line sent to the clients was -1,5 but it's still ok to bet it at -3.

Pick: 3 units (Single Dime Play) on 504 Chicago Bulls (-1,5)

Mr. IWS
ANTONY DINERO

Boise St. vs. TCU
Pick: TCU -7

Boise State's strength this season has been the offensive line's ability to push inferior competition around and buy time for Kellen Moore. Against TCU, they won't afford their QB that luxury, instead scrambling to keep Jerry Hughes off his scent. That's the game-changer here. Look for the Horned Frogs to do what they do best and play bully, containing Boise's big plays to win convincingly. Back TCU -7 and the under, 54.

Mr. IWS
01-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Bobby Flanagan

3* Boise State and TCU Under 53.5

Texas Christian held Boise State to 26 yards rushing last year and this year it could be the same kind of event. If Boise can't get running the ball than it will relying on special teams. So Broncos fans will be expecting a lot of punts and field goals this evening if they don't establish the running game in the first quarter.

TCU is the #1 defense in the country. They rank #2 against the run and #3 against the pass. Boise is going to have an extremely difficult time getting momentum going against this defense. This is the type of defense they haven't faced all season.

They didn't light up the score on the blue turf when they played the Oregon Ducks earlier this year. That was the best defense they have played against. This TCU defense is lights out compared to Oregon and on top of that they have to step away from their glorious Blue Turf.

The big stage and bright lights should bring out the best of this TCU defense. The TCU offense isn't the most powerful group but their balance using the running game is good enough to eat up clock and cash an under. Their stats got boosted against some of the bottom tier defensive teams in the Mountain West. When they stepped up against Clemson they only scored 14 points. They remind me of a Mountain West version of Alabama offensively when facing better talent. Boise State has a good enough defensive team to keep them from pushing this over.

Both teams are averaging over 40 PPG but tonight it will be a much different story. I think TCU gets into the upper 20's or low 30's and Boise gets into the high teens or lower 20's and this one trembles below the the total of 53.5. Play this one under tonight.

3* Pitt +4.5

I'm from Ohio as you can see in the name and please don't fall into the trap of the hype of the Bearcats. They are good but catching Pitt with a pocket full of momentum after beating Syracuse in the Carrier Dome isn't what they wanted. The Bearcats win against UConn was controversial and they should have lost that game without a doubt in my mind.

Cincinnati is good as I said before but I saw the imperfections against University of Alabama-Birmingham, Gonzaga, and Xavier. The Bearcats don't have a reliable three point artist in their repertoire and that what is causing them to collapse in tight games. Pitt has a variety of options on the perimeter to cause headaches. We saw what they did to the Syracuse zone defense in the Carrier Dome on Saturday. Pitt is the better team and points have to be taken without second guessing.

I feel Pitt continues to show us growth throughout the season by getting better with each game and giving some experience to the young group. The true Cincinnati identity will be brought to the light as the Big East schedule continues on through March. Let's grab the points and take Pitt tonight.