PDA

View Full Version : 1-5-10

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 11:47 AM
NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

::handshake::

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Asa 9* iowa

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 11:48 AM
MREAST NBA TUESDAY PLAY OF THE DAY

Once again the NBA hardwood features a game that comes directly from the system that has produced winners for several years. This is a system that has over 2,000 games in the database, and is based on just a single condition, and one of very few I play blindly. Any system that is based on 1 condition and can consistently spit out winners and has over 2,000 games in the database is certainly viable on the NBA hardwood. This is a system play that is on the over in this matchup.

#705 CHICAGO BULLS @ #706 CHARLOTTE BOBCATS 7PM EST

PLAY ON #705 CHICAGO BULLS @ #706 CHARLOTTE BOBCATS UNDER 188 -110 FOR 3 UNITS

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 11:49 AM
NICK PARSONS
#1 BOWL-TOTAL OF THE YEAR! **7-2/78% RUN!
$ BIGGEST-BOWL TOTAL OF THE YEAR $ Parsons had an EPIC 2009! On Nov. 21st Nick nailed his **CODE BLUE** 2009 NCAAF BLOWOUT "G.O.Y" on Nevada which destroyed New Mexico State by a score of 63-20. On Monday Nov. 30th he hit his **CODE RED** NFL BLOWOUT "G.O.Y" on the Saints who trounced the Pats 38-17! Get on this HUGE play!

Under Iowa

Mr. IWS
SCOTT RICKENBACH
*TOTAL OF THE YEAR* 23-10 (70%) L2YR!
Scott didn't have a *TOTAL OF THE YEAR* in the reg ssn. This *10* TOP is his STRONGEST total of the entire NCAAF year - regular season AND bowls! Scott's NCAAF Top Plays, though just 2-2-1 in the bowls, are 23-10 (70%) the last two YEARS in NCAAF reg ssn action! Orange Bowl Tuesday: another BIG *10* Top Play WIN!

10* Over Iowa

Mr. IWS
Tom Freese

Over Iowa

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 11:50 AM
St Bernadine Sports...
Andrew Bucciarelli
Monday 0-2 (-6.00 Units)
January 6-5 (+1.42 Units)
21 day RUN 41-20 (+26.00 Units)

3* Pittsburgh Penguins (-140 Regulation) over Atlanta Thrasher
The Pittsburgh Penguins went through a few rough patches last season before winning the Stanley Cup,
none worse than a five-game losing streak from late December into early January. Almost a year to the day
after halting a five-game slide by beating Atlanta at Mellon Arena, the Penguins hope to do it again Tuesday
night with a seventh consecutive win over the reeling Thrashers. The Penguins haven't lost six in a row since
going 0-5-2 from Jan. 28-Feb. 8, 2006. Evgeni Malkin has five goals and eight assists in his last four games
versus Atlanta, which has lost eight straight (0-5-3) -- the last six on the road.
Take PITTSBURGH in Regualtion 3***.

2* Florida Panthers (+120) over Toronto Maple Leafs
Florida, however, has outscored the Leafs 16-5 while winning three straight at Air Canada Centre. Plus,
Toronto has allowed three goals in each game of its current 1-3-2 stretch, including consecutive 3-1 defeats
to end a three-game road swing. Toronto (14-19-9) has lost seven of nine overall, getting outscored 29-18,
and failed to capitalize on four power-play chances in Saturday night's loss to Calgary. Since scoring two
power-play goals against Florida, the Maple Leafs are 6 for 55 with the man advantage -- 0 for 10 in their past
three home games. Even worse, Toronto lost two centers to injury Saturday. Wayne Primeau will be out at
least two weeks after hurting his knee, and Mikhail Grabovski is expected to miss six weeks with a broken
wrist.
Take FLORIDA 2**.

1* Chicago Blackhawks (-230) over Minnesota Wild
Thanks to their high-powered offense, almost everything is going right lately for the Chicago Blackhawks,
especially at home. A struggling defense, meanwhile, has cooled off the Minnesota Wild. Chicago, among the
league leaders with 3.17 goals per game, also scored five goals for the third consecutive home game Sunday
night against Anaheim. Patrick Kane also extended his point streak to eight games, one shy of his career high
set Oct. 30-Nov.21, as he assisted on a pair of goals. While the Blackhawks are among the NHL's best
defensive teams in allowing 2.07 goals per game, the Wild are one of the league's worst over the past 2 1/2
weeks. Since winning 10 of 13, Minnesota have given up 29 goals during a 3-5-0 stretch. The Wild have also
allowed at least three in each of their last five contests and at least four in three straight defeats, including a
5-3 home loss to New Jersey on Saturday night.
Take CHICAGO 1*.

1* Edmonton Oilers (+111) over Phoenix Coyotes
The Oilers look to avoid a third consecutive loss while trying for a sixth straight home victory over the
Coyotes on Tuesday night. Even during their worst stretch of the season, the Edmonton Oilers might not
mind facing the surprisingly successful Phoenix Coyotes. Jeff Deslauriers made 36 saves for his first career
shutout in his first appearance against Phoenix earlier this season, but he has a 3.25 goals-against average
while losing eight of his last nine starts in place of the injured Nikolai Khabibulin. With a 22-11-4 record and
2.03 GAA, Ilya Bryzgalov has been a big reason for the Coyotes' success, but he's looking to end a three-game
losing streak. Bryzgalov is 2-5-0 with a 3.97 GAA against the Oilers after making 21 saves in the November loss.
Take EDMONTON 1*.

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Wunderdog
Game: Iowa vs. Georgia Tech (Tuesday 1/05 8:05 PM Eastern)

Pick: 5 units on Iowa +5.5 (-110) (risk 5 to win 4.6)

Pick: 3 units on Iowa +180 (moneyline) (risk 3 to win 5.4)

kar261
01-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Scott Delaney
Tuesday ...
Guys, be sure to check out my 5-Dime Pay-After-I-Win play as well ... if I don't win the total on tonight's Orange Bowl - you don't pay a dime!!!

60-Dime GEORGIA TECH YELLOW JACKETS ... A definining moment for both programs and both coaches.

And all due respect to Kirk Ferentz, of Iowa, but I love my chances with Paul Johnson tonight.

I love the Jackets and everything they're about. I've watched them several times this year, and the one thing I've never not seen is cohesiveness. This is a team of players who play all 60 minutes and who rally around one another.

And I especially like this team since it is in quadruple-revenge in the Bowl season. The Jackets haven't had much success in the postseason lately, losing their last four bowl games, including a 38-3 blowout loss at the hands of LSU in last year's Chick-fil-A Bowl.

Not worried, though, as Paul Johnson is a good coach and has his hands around this program - by the jugular. And when you have a disciplined coach, an experienced quarterback, a solid team and a tremendous rushing game, you're going to have the edge when your opponent is is 0-7 all-time against your league, like Iowa is versus the ACC.

I know the Hawkeyes have a stellar defense ... that's what they said about TCU last night, though.

And this is a Yellow Jackets team that used a completely different approach to move the football, and come in as one of the most productive rushing teams in the nation thanks to that hard-to-halt spread offense. Georgia Tech finished the campaign second in the nation in rushing, rumbling for a sick 307.2 yards per game on the ground, on a lofty 5.3 yards per carry.

And if Iowa decides to collapse a lineback or safety or both to help fill the gaps, ol' Josh Nesbitt can throw the ball too. Despite the fact the Jackets rarely turn to their aerial game, Nesbitt has thrown for 1,689 yards and 10 touchdown strikes this season. His favorite target is star wideout Demaryius Thomas, a 6-3, 230-pound beast who creates matchup problems vertically. He comes into this one with 46 receptions, for 1,154 yards and eight touchdown receptions.

There's too much G Tech all around for Iowa tonight, and the Jackets are going to roll big.

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 01:22 PM
underdog

goy iowa

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Ras 1/5

San Diego St-3 for 1 unit

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 01:23 PM
FantasySportsGametime.com

Tuesday Football

NCAA Football

1000* Play Iowa (+5.5) over Georgia Tech (TOP NCAA PLAY)

Iowa has covered the spread in 11 of the last 14 games as an underdog and they have also won and covered the spread in 2 consecutive games on a neutral field. Iowa has won and covered the spread in 7 of the last 9 games after having won two of the last three games and they are only allowing an average of 12 points a game on defense in road games this season.

Mr. IWS
Doc NBA:

4-Unit Play #701 Take Orlando/Indiana UNDER 210 (7 p.m. EST, Tuesday)
Indiana has been giving up a ton of points lately and that is why we are getting such a large number here. But the Pacers will face a really strong defense tonight and we are just not convinced they can score enough to get this one over the posted number. This is about as large as a line as you will see in the NBA for a road favorite and we agree this game looks like Orlando all the way. We think Orlando will wind up in the 105-110 range and we just don’t see the Pacers scoring more than 95 tonight. This offense had two good games against two crappy defenses lately – Minnesota and Memphis – but those two times are the only ones where they have reached the century mark in their last 10 games. The Magic have allowed 92 PPG in their last five contests and they have allowed only one team in their last seven games to score more than 100 and that was in a surprising loss to Chicago (the Bulls scored 101). Indiana also plays better defense at home where they shave two full points off their season average. The under is 8-1 in the last nine meetings on this court and 11-5 in the last 16 meetings overall.

Mr. IWS
Chris Jordan Tuesday night winner ...

500? GEORGIA TECH YELLOW JACKETS - The BCS Bowl nobody is talking about, and why would anyone? The less-regarded ACC champion Yellow Jackets take on the Big 10-runner up Hawkeyes, and there doesn't seem to be any glitz, any glamour.

But if you're looking for excitement and fireworks, keep your eye on Georgia Tech quarterback Josh Nesbitt, a theat both on the ground and through the air.

Only six quarterbacks in the nation have a higher passer efficiency rating and only four who have run for more yards than the 6-1, 220-pound All-Atlantic Coast Conference first-team choice.

Yet I still have fellow-handicappers and sports fans who reply to me with: "Who" whenever I say his name. He's virtually unknown unless you follow this religiously.

In front of a nationally televised audience, the world will have a chance to appreciate what he is all about. He loves to run, he loves to throw, he leads by example, he directs a high-powered offense the way it should be ... the guy is phenomenal.

And with that G-Tech option attack destined to get its yards, it'll be up to Iowa to limit the big plays. I trust the Jackets will be consistent in their production, but one slip up by the Hawkeyes, one wrong move, and BANG! The Jackets sting that quick.

Tech ranked second in the nation in rushing, eclipsing the 200-yard plateau on the ground in all but one game this season thanks to running back Jonathan Dwyer and Nesbitt.

On the other side of the ball, G-Tech has a stellar front line that is going to fill the A and B gaps effectively, while putting pressure on quarterback Ricky Stanzi, who is back for Iowa after missing the past three games with an ankle injury.

Stanzi hasn't played since a Nov. 7 loss to Northwestern, and with the way the Jackets bring it, that ankle will determine how close Iowa stays in this one. Stanzi has been known to flirt with disaster, committing costly mistakes with his vertical game. He struggled through a five-interception effort against Indiana and two-pick games against Iowa State, Penn State and Arkansas State.

This is an entirely different animal and this is the Orange Bowl.

I smell destruction tonight!

Georgia Tech rolls!

Thanks for the points!

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Anthony Redd:

25 dime: IOWA

5 dime: Notre Dame

5 dime: Ball State

5 dime: San Diego State

Mr. IWS
Karl Garrett

20 DIMER - GEORGIA TECH YELLOW JACKETS

I think a big motivating factor tonight in Miami is the fact the Yellow Jackets went into last year's Chik-Fil-A Bowl, and were handily routed by LSU, 38-3.

Tech has waited a whole year to get back to the big stage, and I do not think they will disappoint this evening. Sure the Yellow Jackets defense is likely to keep the Hawkeyes in this game, but Iowa has had some shaky, shaky moments this season, as they trailed both Northern Iowa, and Indiana into the 4th quarter on their home field, and they also barely got by Arkansas State this year.

That is not the kind of resume that is going to work against Georgia Tech, and their triple-option attack.

G-Tech is 16-7 against the spread under Paul Johnson, and they have played a pair of games since Iowa last played on November 21st.

In the end, Iowa will be a little too slow for this Tech team.

Lay the wood with Georgia Tech, as they redeem themselves from last year's bowl fiasco.

10 DIMER - NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISH

12-3 Irish take on the 10-3 Bulls, and while South Florida is at home for this one, I am going with the visitors, as Notre Dame has held the upper-hand in this new Big East rivaly, with the Irish winning the last pair, and 4 of the 5 overall meetings.

Notre Dame just lost at UConn by a dozen points, so you know they will be raring to get that taste out of their mouths when they step on the hardwood this evening.

South Florida has played their last 3 games away from home, and they have not played a game since December 30th. I expect the Bulls to come out a little slow in this return to their home floor, and when they get behind Notre Dame, they will not be able to claw their way back in for the comeback win.

Irish take advantage early, and hold on on the road this Tuesday night.

Take ND.

Mr. IWS
DOC SPORTS
CBB

4 Unit Play. #730 Take Purdue -8 over Minnesota (7 pm Big 10 Network) Purdue is just on a roll and I do not see them having very many close games this season especially when the game is a Mackey Arena. Purdue is well rested and has had time to recover against their big win over West Virginia on Friday. Minnesota is coming off a victory against Iowa and this will be their second straight road contest. This will be too much for them to handle and expect them to sub come to the pressure of Purdue get down early and never recover.

DOC SPORTS NBA

4-Unit Play #701 Take Orlando/Indiana UNDER 210 (7 p.m. EST, Tuesday)
Indiana has been giving up a ton of points lately and that is why we are getting such a large number here. But the Pacers will face a really strong defense tonight and we are just not convinced they can score enough to get this one over the posted number. This is about as large as a line as you will see in the NBA for a road favorite and we agree this game looks like Orlando all the way. We think Orlando will wind up in the 105-110 range and we just don’t see the Pacers scoring more than 95 tonight. This offense had two good games against two crappy defenses lately – Minnesota and Memphis – but those two times are the only ones where they have reached the century mark in their last 10 games. The Magic have allowed 92 PPG in their last five contests and they have allowed only one team in their last seven games to score more than 100 and that was in a surprising loss to Chicago (the Bulls scored 101). Indiana also plays better defense at home where they shave two full points off their season average. The under is 8-1 in the last nine meetings on this court and 11-5 in the last 16 meetings overall.

Mr. IWS
ROBERT FERRRINGO

0.5-Unit Play. Take #725 Texas (-14) over Arkansas (7 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 5)

0.5-Unit Play. Take #740 San Diego State (-3.5) over New Mexico (9 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 5)

0.5-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #725 Texas (-9) over Arkansas (7 p.m.) AND Take #728 Purdue (-4) over Minnesota (7:30 p.m.)

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 01:26 PM
KILLER SPORTS LIVE

NCAAF BOWL KILLERS

26-16 on Bowl Games

*ORANGE BOWL* IOWA vs. GEORGIA TECH

25 DIME -- GEORGIA TECH -3.5
25 DIME -- OVER 50.5

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 02:43 PM
ATS LOCK CLUB AND TOTALS
3 Units on GA Tech (-5) over Iowa, 8:20pmET

3 on the over 50.5 g.tech gm

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 02:43 PM
SCOTT DALANEY

! ! ! RED ALERT ! ! !

BIGGEST RELEASE OF THE ENTIRE
COLLEGE SEASON

60-Dime BCS Bowl Game of the Year
Iowa vs. Ga Tech

+58 Dimes in January

343-Dime Run L6 Months

ONE WINNER TODAY!!!

GA TECH

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 02:52 PM
B l a c K W i d o W / B i l L Y o u n G
6* W ido w W iseg uy B C S Or an ge B ow l ATS "B LOO D B AT H" on Iowa +5.5(-101 at 5dimes)

The Hawkeyes crush the spread Tuesday, winning this thing outright. Iowa has the defense that can stop the triple-option attack of the Yellow Jackets. This is especially the case after they've had over a month to prepare for it. The Hawks give up only 15.5 points/game this season, and 12.6 points/game away from home. Iowa allows a respectable 120 rushing yards/game and 3.5 yards/carry this season in the tough Big Ten which offers several great running teams. Iowa is 8-0 ATS (+8.0 Units) in road games in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons, 6-0 ATS (+6.0 Units) in road games off 1 or more consecutive unders over the last 2 seasons, 7-0 ATS (+7.0 Units) in road games after allowing 100 or less rushing yards last game over the last 2 seasons, 6-0 ATS (+6.0 Units) after scoring and allowing 17 or less points over the last 2 seasons, and most importantly 7-0 ATS (+7.0 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons. That adds up to an UNBEATEN 34-0 ATS Angle in favor of the Hawkeyes here. Georgia Tech has lost their last 4 bowl games, and you can chalk up a fifth straight here Tuesday. Take Iowa and the points.

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Scott Delaney Tuesday ... Guys, be sure to check out my 5-Dime Pay-After-I-Win play as well ... if I don't win the total on tonight's Orange Bowl - you don't pay a dime!!!

60-Dime GEORGIA TECH YELLOW JACKETS ... A definining moment for both programs and both coaches.

And all due respect to Kirk Ferentz, of Iowa, but I love my chances with Paul Johnson tonight.

I love the Jackets and everything they're about. I've watched them several times this year, and the one thing I've never not seen is cohesiveness. This is a team of players who play all 60 minutes and who rally around one another.

And I especially like this team since it is in quadruple-revenge in the Bowl season. The Jackets haven't had much success in the postseason lately, losing their last four bowl games, including a 38-3 blowout loss at the hands of LSU in last year's Chick-fil-A Bowl.

Not worried, though, as Paul Johnson is a good coach and has his hands around this program - by the jugular. And when you have a disciplined coach, an experienced quarterback, a solid team and a tremendous rushing game, you're going to have the edge when your opponent is is 0-7 all-time against your league, like Iowa is versus the ACC.

I know the Hawkeyes have a stellar defense ... that's what they said about TCU last night, though.

And this is a Yellow Jackets team that used a completely different approach to move the football, and come in as one of the most productive rushing teams in the nation thanks to that hard-to-halt spread offense. Georgia Tech finished the campaign second in the nation in rushing, rumbling for a sick 307.2 yards per game on the ground, on a lofty 5.3 yards per carry.

And if Iowa decides to collapse a lineback or safety or both to help fill the gaps, ol' Josh Nesbitt can throw the ball too. Despite the fact the Jackets rarely turn to their aerial game, Nesbitt has thrown for 1,689 yards and 10 touchdown strikes this season. His favorite target is star wideout Demaryius Thomas, a 6-3, 230-pound beast who creates matchup problems vertically. He comes into this one with 46 receptions, for 1,154 yards and eight touchdown receptions.

There's too much G Tech all around for Iowa tonight, and the Jackets are going to roll big.

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Kelso 1/4

FB
50 units Ga Tech -5.5

BB
50 units Purdue -9
10 units Georgia +5
10 units San Diego St -3.5
5 units UCF +16
5 units Rockets +7.5

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 03:48 PM
charlie
ncaaf. iowa+5, iowa vs georgia tech under 50' & nba. sacramento+2' (500* triple play 2 of 3 must win or next day is free).
nba. charlotte-6' (30*)
ncaab. georgia tech-5' (20*)
ncaab. rhode island pk (20*)
ncaab. dayton-17' (10*)
nba. dallas-8 (10*) free play

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 04:24 PM
B l a c K W i d o W / B i l L Y o u n G
5* W iseg uy N B A G am e of the N igh t on Milwaukee Bucks -1.5(-102 at 5dimes)

The Bucks face the league's worst team tonight in the New Jersey Nets, and this is the perfect opportunity for them to get right back on the winning track. The Nets are 3-30 this season and are getting too much respect from the odds makers here. Milwaukee had lost 4 in a row before beating the Thunder last time out 103-97. They'll build off of that victory and make a run here with a couple very winnable games in a row before going on a tough road trip in a week. Milwaukee is 13-4 ATS (+8.6 Units) in road games after playing a game as a home favorite over the last 2 seasons. The Nets are 2-10 ATS (-9.0 Units) versus up-tempo teams averaging 83 or more shots/game this season. The Bucks are 26-9 ATS (+16.1 Units) in road games vs. horrible rebounding teams - outrebounded by opponents by 5+/game since 1996. Take Milwaukee and lay the points.

5* W iseg uy C B B G am e of the N igh t on Miami (Ohio) +8(-109 at 5dimes)

Miami (Ohio) has been much more competitive than their 3-9 record indicates this season. Though they have 9 losses this year, only 3 of those losses have come by more than 7 points. They have a 2-point loss to undefeated Kentucky as a 17.5-point road underdog and a 3-point road loss to Xavier as a 14.5-point underdog on their resume as well. These two games show what the Redhawks are really capable as they nearly beat two of the best teams in the country. Colorado is getting too much respect from the books here. The Buffaloes have a 15-point loss to Colorado State and a 25-point loss to Tulsa in 2 of their last 4 games. Colorado is 0-9 ATS (-9.9 Units) after having won 2 of their last 3 games over the last 2 seasons. Take Miami (Ohio) and the points.

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Marc Lawrence

IOWA +4.5

We recommend a 3-unit play on Iowa.

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Teddy Covers

Rockets

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Savannah Sports

Premium Picks For The Day
Todays Selections

NCAA Bowl Football
1 (*) Iowa +6

Professional Plays
Eric Degarde

NBA Basketball
2 (**) Detroit +8.5
2 (**) Phoenix -2.5

NCAA Basketball
2 (**) San Diego St -3
1 (*) Minnesota +8.5

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Jimmy Boyd

5* 2010 Bowl Game of the Year on Iowa +5.5

I have seen few teams enter the bowl season annually as prepared as the Iowa Hawkeyes so hats have to go off to head coach Kirk Ferentz and his staff for that. That's a big reason why Iowa is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 bowl games. It's also looking good for Iowa that underdogs are on a 5-1 ATS run in the Orange Bowl. Plus, the Yellow Jackets have lost four straight bowl games. While the Jackets rank 11th in the nation in scoring offense (35.3 ppg), Iowa ranks 10th in scoring defense (15.5 ppg), and it is safe to say that Georgia Tech has not seen a unit as physical and as disciplined defensively as Iowa. If QB Ricky Stanzi hadn't gone down with an ankle injury when the Hawks were leading 10-0 against Northwestern late in the Big Ten season, Iowa may have been Rose Bowl bound, as it nearly won at Ohio State the following week with its inexperienced backup QB. Stanzi is expected back for this game, and I expect him to make the most of this opportunity to get back out on the football field after watching his team struggle offensively in his absence. Georgia Tech is a great running football team, but consider what Iowa has done to such teams under Ferentz. Iowa is 13-1 ATS versus excellent rushing teams averaging >=5.25 rushing yards per carry under Ferentz, winning these games by an average score of 33.9 to 23.0. Iowa is also a perfect 7-0 ATS when playing away from home against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons, winning in these spots by an average score of 25.6 to 12.3. The Yellow Jackets are just 2-5 ATS in their last 7 bowl games as a favorite of 3.5-10.0 points and only 1-4 ATS in their last 5 neutral site games as a favorite period. Take the Hawkeyes and the points.

Mr. IWS
Matt Fargo

South Florida +2 (-110)

Notre Dame is being favored by a bucket on name alone, nothing new there. Back the South Florida Bulls on Tuesday night when they host the Fighting Irish.

I don’t think Notre Dame should be favored in this spot. The Irish are coming off their first true road game of the season at Connecticut and it was not a good result as they lost by 12 points to move to 1-1 in the Big East so far this year.

They are 12-3 overall but this has come by way of playing a schedule ranked 316th in the nation.

Notre Dame has a big advantage down low with Big East Preseason Player of the Year Luke Harangody who is averaging 24.2 ppg and 10.1 rpg. He could have a very big game here as the Bulls are not a big team with the loss of Augustus Gilchrist but that does not lead to a definite as he put up 31 points against the Huskies, over 44 percent of the total points, and it still resulted in a loss.

This game will be won up top and while the guard play of Notre Dame has been solid, a lot of that was due to the schedule already played.

South Florida lost its Big East opener at Louisville which was a disappointment as the Bulls trailed by just a point at the half before a big run to start the second half by the Cardinals enabled them to run away with it.

The Bulls are 10-3 on the season which is tied for the best start in school history so this is definitely a team on the rise and they are no longer the punching bag of the conference.

The guard trio of Dominique Jones, Chris Howard and Mike Mercer has had a solid start to the season as they are averaging a combined 34.8 ppg and 10.2 apg. They match up very well with the Notre Dame backcourt and forward/center Jarrid Famous will need to hold his own against Harangody.

Only Louisville dominated South Florida but again that was just for a half as the other two losses came by just by three points. This is a much stronger team at home and even when the Bulls were much weaker the past few years, they gave fits to a lot of elite teams down in South Florida.

This could be a signature win to start the season and one to provide some momentum heading into a tough stretch coming up.

Mr. IWS
ETHAN LAW

2% Iowa +5.5

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 05:39 PM
VR.2* Orl/Ind Over 209.5

Mr. IWS
Seabass
50* Iowa

NBA
50* Mavs
100* "steam" Sac town

NCAAB
50* S. FL

NHL
50* Ottawa

Mr. IWS
Northcoast

Marquee play GT/IA Over

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Street Rosenthal of HandicappingTrends
*200 Georgia Tech -6 (NCAAF)
*200 Dallas Mavericks -8.5(NBA)
*200 Sacramento Kings +2.5(NBA)
*200 Houston Rockets +7.5 (NBA)

Trey Scott of HandicappingTrends
*200 South Florida +1 (CBB)
*200 Georgia +5(CBB)
*200 Arkansas +14.5 (CBB)

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Shea Matthews of OffshoreInsiders.com

If you’re betting tonight, think of the Orange Bowl as a poor man’s Fiesta Bowl in that it features a powerhouse offense battling a stout defense. Whereas I think the defensive team, TCU, will prevail in the Fiesta, I like the high-octane offense of Georgia Tech over Iowa in the Orange.

2010 Orange Bowl
(10) Iowa vs (9) Georgia Tech
Tuesday, January 5, 8:00 p.m. ET
College football odds favorite: Georgia Tech -4

You have to love the triple-option offense. It puts points on the board and entertains the heck out of us. Georgia Tech works it better than any team and road it to the No. 2 rushing offense in the nation, averaging 307 yards per carry. Quarterback Josh Nesbitt ran for 991 yards and 18 touchdowns; change-of-pace back Anthony Allen ran for nine scores. The real horse is Jonathan Dwyer, a powerful runner who amassed 1,346 yards and 14 touchdowns. To top it off, the Yellow Jackets have big-play ability. They’re not a big passing team but, when they do, they go big. Demaryius Thomas caught 46 balls for 1,100-plus yards, averaging a ridiculous 25.1 yards per catch.

Georgia Tech scores like crazy but sports betting sharps should know that it gets scored on plenty, too. The Jackets allowed 25 points per game and five yards per carry. I’m not convinced, however, that Iowa’s offense can exploit the Jackets’ weaknesses. The Hawkeyes aren’t an elite running team and quarterback Ricky Stanzi doesn’t always inspire confidence; he paired his 15 touchdown passes with 14 interceptions this season.

Even though Iowa’s defense, featuring Pat Angerer and Adrian Clayborn, is the real deal, I don’t think the Hawkeyes can get the job done in the Orange Bowl. For one, as good as their defense is, they haven’t battled the triple option before. Secondly, Iowa may be rusty after not playing since November 21. Lastly, the game means more to Georgia Tech. Iowa’s season is a mild disappointment since it started 9-0 whereas just getting to a BCS bowl game qualifies as a success for Georgia Tech. Go with the Jackets.

Free pick: Georgia Tech -4

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Dwayne Bryant

Iowa vs. Georgia Tech
Bet: Georgia Tech -5.5

Usually, I'll be the first one to jump on the better defensive team when getting points. I did it with Ohio State over Oregon, just to name one recent game. But, in my opinion, this game is a completely different animal.

First, I don't care how much time Iowa has to prepare for Tech's triple-option offense. They simply cannot simulate (in practices) the speed and precision that they will see in this game. Tech QB Josh Nesbitt is a dual threat, and that's putting it mildly. Only six QBs have a better passing efficiency rating than Nesbitt, and only four have rushed for more yardage.

Second, I think Iowa's lengthy layoff hurts them here. The Hawkeyes haven't played since November 21st. Even worse, QB Ricky Stanzi hasn't played since getting hurt in the first quarter against Northwestern on November 7th. That's basically a two-month layoff for a QB that only had mediocre numbers to begin with (56% completions, 15 TDs, 14 INTs). On the other hand, Tech has played TWICE since then, and against two good teams that have already won bowl games this season (Georgia & Clemson). So I expect Georgia Tech to be much sharper from the get-go.

Third, I believe the motivational edge goes to Georgia Tech. This team got hammered 38-3 by LSU in last season's Chick-fil-A Bowl. Now they get to come back and make a statement in a BCS game.

Bottom line: Iowa definitely has the better D, but they were gouged for 195 rushing yards by Michigan and 229 rushing yards by Ohio State. So they can definitely be gashed by Tech's #2-ranked rushing offense (307 rushing yards per game). The Tech D is nothing special, so Iowa won't get destroyed in this contest. But I do see a 14-point win for the Yellow Jackets. Lay it with Georgia Tech.

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Northcoast
Top--Iowa

1* Marq--Under

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Tim Trushel

Iowa/regular

under dallas/regular

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Our CEO's 50 Dime Orange Bowl Private Play Executive Release

Iowa (50') vs Georgia Tech (-5') 8:20, ET

This is a Private Play release from Our CEO which means he is personally playing this game based on private information he has received or knowledge of various circumstances which may lend to an increased likelihood of a winning wager. No analysis is included with this selection.

Iowa (+5') 50 Dimes

NOTE: If this line drops below Iowa +5 play for only 25 dimes.

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Executive
400 Gt
250 Rd Island

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 06:30 PM
KB HOOPS

5* Chicago Bulls +6.5 **POD**
4* Notre Dame -1
4* Akron -1
4* Illinois -14
3* SD State -3.5
3* Iowa +6

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 06:30 PM
AAA Sports...

Best bet for college bb...

Central Florida-Mississippi Over 142.5

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 06:36 PM
The Millionaires Club Guaranteed Selections
Date: Tuesday, January 05, 2010
$40.00 Guaranteed: We are now 836-427 since joining this site! Bottom Line is we win with a different approach to handicapping as we have situations that tell us what the line should be by looking at the teams stats compared to line history! This has proven to be very successful for us the past three years! Today we are featuring our 92% TRILLION DOLLAR NBA WINNER - $40 GUARANTEED! 1/5/2010

92% TRILLION DOLLAR NBA WINNER - $40 GUARANTEED
713 Phoenix -2.5 10:05 EST

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 06:50 PM
The Boooj

35 units on Georgia Tech (-5.5) over Iowa

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 06:52 PM
VR. 3* ga tech -5.5, 2* Orlando -11

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Ats Cbb....
4* Suns
3* SD State

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Indian Cowboy's stuff today:
4 Unit Play. #706. Take the Charlotte Bobcats -6.5 over the Chicago Bulls (Tuesday @ 7pm est).
4-0 in NBA in January ($+1600)
Winning 7 of 8 CBB Weeks
Winning 3 Straight NBA Weeks
Winning Back to Back Football Weeks
Daily Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZw24p8fDQ8
Comp: Nets vs. Bucks

You have to give the Bulls front office some credit for putting heat on the coaching staff and they are shaping up as the Bulls are 14-18 now. Chicago has covered 4 of 5 and 7 of 10 but they do come off a home loss to the Thunder and look to bounce-back here. Having said that, the Bobcats have revenge against the Bulls from an earlier loss and come off a huge victory over the Cavs and the Heat on the road. This team has consistently begin to play better as Jordan has made some quality personnel moves of late. Yes, Michael Jordan has actually pulled some right strings of late and that could just be because he is getting better at the gig after making some horrendous mistakes such as Kwame Brown and believing that Sean May can actually play. This team has brought in veteran talent such as Stephen Jackson and Boris Diaw over the last two seasons and it has added a defensive toughness to this team. Charlotte has played well at home all year as they are 11-4 at home and have covered their last four straight ballgames themselves. I like the Bobcats here with revenge and note that the Bulls are 0-8 ATS when they are an underdog by this margin and the Bobcats are 6-0 ATS against the NBA Central of late.

4 Unit Play. #728. Take South Florida +1.5 over Notre Dame (Tuesday @ 7pm est). This is not going to be an easy game to win. But, it is a game that we can pull out here as keep in mind this is a conference game for both teams. South Florida is a much improved team this year as they have several key starters back and this team is the same team that beat Virginia at home earlier this year holding to less than 50 points at home. They ended up beating them by double-digits and Virginia is considered a top 50 squad in the nation. Notre Dame is a top 75 squad in the country and they are similarly ranked to South Florida. Both of these teams come off tough conference losses as Notre Dame fell short to UConn and South Florida fell short to Louisville on the highway. Nevertheless, South Florida is 8-4 ATS this year, 4-1 ATS when coming off a straight up loss of 20 points or more and the Irish are 3-10 ATS over their last 13 road games. I like the Bulls here with the home court, likely getting some home cooking calls in a close game, this team has played well at home beating the likes of Virginia, Kent State, Davidson on neutral court and nearly beating South Carolina on the road. This is also a solid public fade on the day as well as nearly 70% are riding Notre Dame here.
Daily Research: NBA, SEC, ACC, Big10, Big12, Ivy

Orlando vs. Indiana: Orlando beat this team by 8 earlier this year, they come off a road loss to the Bulls and look to bounce-back while the Pacers have been miserable and come off getting crushed by the Knicks and Nate Robinson on the road. A lean on the Magic off the loss here but the Pacers do have some revenge and might show some heart after the ugly loss in MSG.

Washington vs. Philadelphia: Washington has beat this team twice already this year so this is a big revenge game for the Sixers who come back home after a pretty good road trip. The Sixers won at Denver in a big road game and I like them here with the revenge as the Wizards just have not been able to win despite having some quality talent. Gilbert Arenas btw is a douche due to pulling out a handgun over a 25k gambling dispute with J.Crittenton.

Milwaukee vs. New Jersey: NJ has revenge from an earlier loss coming into this game, this is a great public fade and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if NJ wins this game at home as they did play very well against Cleveland before falling short in the end. I like Jersey here.

Detroit vs. Dallas: Dallas here comes off getting romped by the Lakers at home. Detroit has revenge coming into this gam and I don't like how Dallas is favored by 71% of the public despite coming off the loss. Detroit has failed to cover their last nine contests however. I'm just staying away from this game.

Golden State vs. Denver: Denver has been great this year coming off an ATS loss but GS does have revenge losing to this team by 28 last time. GS has covered four of their last five here as well and that includes with wins over Boston, Phoenix and being very competitive against the Lake Show in Staples. Nevertheless, with Denver off a loss and laying the big number, no thanks.

Memphis vs. Portland: This is a tough call here. These two teams have split the regular season ballgames with Memphis recently winning on the road by ten points as a double-digit dog. However, Memphis is 8-1-1 ATS over their last 10 games including going 7-3 SU over their last 10 games as they are back to .500 despite having AI nearly crush this team's chemistry earlier this year. Portland comes off a loss to the Clips though, and has revenge, so no thanks.

Phoenix vs. Sacramento: Sac is the huge public dog here and Phoenix is the 70% public fav on the short line. Note that Sac comes off a loss to Dallas and Phoenix comes off a loss to Grizzlies at home after beating the Celtics and Lakers at home recently. With not wanting to go against Phoenix against a loss as well as not wagering on the big public fav, or going against Sac with revenge, I'm staying away from this game.

Houston vs. LA Lakers: Lakers come off a huge win over the Mavs here and they lay the big number here. Houston did win at LA earlier this year and they have split the regular season. But, the Lakers are a type of team that loves to get big revenge like they did against the Mavs recently at home. Houston does come off a loss however and I hate laying the big number, so no thanks.

Georgia vs. Georgia Tech: I would like to take GT here but Georgia comes off an embarrassing loss to Missouri on the road and coach Fox obviously will look to get his team to bounce-back. Plus, I don't like the 5.5 line as that is typically indicative of an underdog likely to do well.

Illinois vs. Iowa: Illinois comes off the nationally televised loss to Gonzaga at home in overtime in a thriller and they look to bounce-back. They did beat Northwestern at home and have some big wins including over Vandy as well. I can see Illinois taking out some frustration off that loss to the Zags at home on Iowa here.

Minnesota vs. Purdue: Minnesota comes off a win over Iowa on the road by double-digits and prior to that defeating Penn State at home to open conference play at 2-0. Purdue crushed WVU at home recently and they swept this team last year and coverd both spreads as well. I lean on Minny here plus the points, but I can't go against the Boilermakers here.

Texas vs. Arkansas: Texas has only had one road game this year and that was against Rice. Granted, they did win that game by about 20 or so points and Arkansas is not that much better than Rice. Arkansas has lost to UAB and Baylor at home and frankly, they are not all that impressive this year. I can see Texas covering the big number here despite being on the road.

Miami (OH) vs. Colorado: Miami of Ohio is 3-9 but their SOS has been insane. This team lost by a buzzer beater to Kentucky in Rupp Arena, Cincy by just four and to Xavier by just three on the road. I can see Miami of Ohio hanging tough here and likely staying inside the number. This team comes off an ugly loss to Tulsa on the road though so I have to respect Colorado for that, but this is not a gimme game for Colorado. Look for Miami of Ohio to be solid in conference play when it starts for them as this brutal non-conference SOS will help them in the long run.

Central Florida vs. Ole Miss: Central Florida should have tough given that they hung tough against UConn on the road losing by just 9, they come off a shocking loss to Jacksonville at hom as a likely look-ahead to this game and to lost to Big East South Florida by just four on the road. Nevertheless, Ole Miss is a very talented team that is making noise in the SEC West as they are 11-2 and top 20 in the country. I'm just staying away here.

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 07:16 PM
RAS Sports -- San Diego State -3

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Score Executive Club
300% G Tech

Mr. IWS
01-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Bobby Maxwell:

Tuesday's winner... 1,000-Unit College Bowl Max Bet Game of the Year - GEORGIA TECH YELLOW JACKETS

OK guys, this has been a game I’ve been looking forward to since the bowl matchups were announced. This game is so one-sided, it’s time to jump on it and hammer the man.

Iowa was living a charmed life this season, winning with absolutely no offense and with some miracles at the end. Then that caught up to them with a home loss to Northwestern on Nov. 7, falling 17-10 as a 14-point favorite. Then the following week they went to Ohio State and lost in overtime, 27-24, with the Buckeyes dominating them with the rushing game, running for 229 yards to just 67 for Iowa.

The Buckeyes’ Brandon Saine ran for 103 yards on 11 carries with two TDs and Daniel Herron ran for 97 yards and a score. That was an average rushing attack, what is the potent attack of Georgia Tech going to do to this Iowa defense?

The Yellow Jackets averaged 35.3 points a game this season, 442.7 yards per game and 307.2 yards per game on the ground. This is the second-ranked rushing attack in the country and they completely dominate the time of possession, averaging more than 34 minutes of possession per contest.

Georgia Tech QB Josh Nesbitt has progressed in this offense and he looked like a master in the ACC title game against Clemson, leading the ‘Jackets to a 39-34 win as a one-point favorite. He threw for 136 yards and a touchdown and ran for 103 more yards and another score. This season Nesbitt has thrown for 1,689 yards, 10 TDs and just four INTs and rushed for 991 yards and 16 scores.

Iowa has scored just 15.3 points a game over its last three and managed just 250.7 yards of total offense. They have scored 21 points or less in five of their last nine games and managed more than 30 points just once.

The Yellow Jackets have scored 30 points or more in seven of their last nine contests. They are on ATS streaks of 8-2 overall, 6-2 as a favorite, 4-1 against winning teams and 5-2 following a spread-cover.

Iowa will have no idea how to stop the triple-option rushing attack of Georgia Tech. Go ahead and lay the chalk with the Jackets